• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Design a Trainer Competition

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Spoiler:

And dang, I wish I wrote fanfic (or hacks, for that matter) right now. Actually add some relationship dynamics and details. I know it'd just end up being a deadfic, though. T_T

Last edited:

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Well, I was working on my character, and I'm done now, and signing him up in this contest! =D

Spoiler:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    What time GMT is this ending on August 14th? I'm confused about the dates because the whole event started 4am Friday GMT and I was thinking it will start 4am GMT Saturday. I don't know whether to sleep or not xD

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    i'm in! but, my character is meant to have a very bad history... it moulds his character. is that ok?

note: before you read this, i made an edit on the 16th of August, Monday. I have coloured all my changes in Red
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: people call him "the Dark" but his real name is "Jacob Darko"
    Appearance: Tall, thin, very pale skin with pitch black hair covering his eyes from view, nobody alive has ever seen his eyes except from Lance the Dragon Champion. he describes his eyes as blood-red, with cloudy pupils, and having those eyes stare at him was like having him peer into your soul. He wears a black, flowing cloak, with special holsters for his pokeballs
    Personality: self-sustaining, likes nobody, very black and mysterious mood
    Biography/History:

Early Years: on the 24th of September, Jacob was born In the Verdanturf town. His mother died in childbirth, and his Blood-red eyes terrified his father so much that he thought it was a bad omen, and orphaned the child as a baby (in Mauville City, where the Pokemon day-care is now).
    Childhood: While in the pokemon orphanage, he was avoided by all the other children, and the caretakers told him not to go outside.
    He took to pokemn at a very early age. pokemon seemed not to fear him like others did, and treated him like any other person. His first pokemon was a Roughnor (see https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=229005&page=2 on my post, it evolves into my pokemon.)
    By age 8, he was the champion of the orphanage at pokemon battles, even against the elder orphans. As a result, nobody wanted to battle him. He has never lost a battle yet.
    while he was unwanted and kept to himself, he was kindhearted to anyone who would speak to him, even though deep inside, he hated being alive, and had only the pleasures of his Pokemon (by then, Roughnor, Duskull and Absol). but when he turned 12, that all changed the orphanage went out on a field trip, but he wasn't allowed to go. he was left alone in the orphanage. after a whole day and night alone, he left and travelled through the town, hearing whispers from the villagers, saying "that's that orphan, the demon" and other things like that. people shut their windows, and he was left by himself. he was ruthless and viscious ever since then. they wanted a demon, they would get one.
    Teen Years:After he turned 16, he left the Orphanage, he said that he wanted to travel, so he did. he travelled all over the place. through cities, across several regions, he has been through all the lands, but hasn't gained a single Gym badge. He attempted the Elite four but was turned down because of that. he simply said "No matter, i just wanted my training to be quicker, i guess i'll train the long way" and left.
    Adulthood: When he turned 20, he had his very first Birthday. After the Defeat of Nightmare, Woody (a grass type elite four member attempting to stop Nightmare) thanked him, and demanded to know who he was, his only reply was "you could at least say Happy Birthday First" before turning to leave. Woody refused to let Jacob Leave without joining the celebration in the city. Jacob accepted his offer, but asked woody not speak a word of him or his involvement in Nightmare's defeat. After the celebration he left, heading off to a new region...
    He defeated team Rocket (age 18), Galactic (18), Plasma (19), Void (19) (wanted to use the power of Darkrai to block out the sun) and Nightmare (on his 20th Birthday) (Nightmare were essentially terrorist of the Akachi region) single-handedly (while Woody and the others were struggling, Jacob came in on Bladian's Back, and defeated all the trainers, before proceeding the leader), saying they were not worthy of such power they desired (note: this means he isn't actually evil, just power-hungry)

Where does he appear (anime, game, manga etc.): He is seen mid-series travelling through towns, and rumours of a mysterious trainer battling whole towns single-handedly with his unstoppable pokemon.
    When Ash first sees him, it's at a distance, but he know's something's not right about him. he battles Ash in one episode, beating all his pokemon, and said that he was going easy on him.
    Sightings of The Dark become more and more frequent, and Lance decides to investigate. when Lance battles him, The dark knows that Lance is not like any other trainer he has battled, and he uses pokemon that he hasn't used at all in the anime. He reveals his eyes to Lance after both trainers have lost 3 pokemon each. and Lance is stunned stiff. the battle then rages on, with Lance losing the rest of his pokemon and Jacob only using his Bladian.
    After His Battle With Lance, Jacob saves Ash and his Pikachu from defeat by Team Plasma, This is the first time Ash encounters Bladian but then dissapears just as quickly, Ash catches the tiniest Glimpse of his eyes as he takes Pikachu to the Pokemon Center (it was hurt, but not defeated, though if Jacob hadn't Intervined, Pikachu would have been in a much worse state)

In the game, you here of Jacob by an old lady saying the main character reminds them of a Boy who travelled through here many years ago, if your character is Female they say Jacob was a girl.

That's Jacob, Hardened by life in the orphanage, but not truly evil.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't know what Gav is saying for when it is going to end, but when it's 4 am GMT time, it's 11:00PM my time, so going by my time, you technically have until 5am GMT, because here it would then be 12 Midnight on the 15th.

This is my time though, so you might want to speficially ask Gav/Abnegation, because I don't know about him. :U

The top are simply guidelines of what you should and shouldn't do. Create whatever you think would be enough for the contest, really.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Aaaaaand I decided I would try entering:

Spoiler:

I can't draw for my life, so unfortunately I couldn't add a pic to this :<

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I don't know what Gav is saying for when it is going to end, but when it's 4 am GMT time, it's 11:00PM my time, so going by my time, you technically have until 5am GMT, because here it would then be 12 Midnight on the 15th.

This is my time though, so you might want to speficially ask Gav/Abnegation, because I don't know about him. :U

The top are simply guidelines of what you should and shouldn't do. Create whatever you think would be enough for the contest, really.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I'll post in the thread around 12pm GMT saying that we can no longer take entries on the final day of the GT. We can be somewhat lax enough with it so it's not a major issue, just get your entries in asap and be sure that you get them in before the final day of the GT. I will consider late entries, but nothing very late into our judging stages. So I'll keep you all posted. Everything about the GT is always a bit rushed and we all have other events to keep our eyes on so it can be hard to keep track.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    Name: Kayla
    Appearance (you may add your own art here):
    her height is about 5'1. she likes to put her hair up in a hairband and add a touch of girlieness by adding a hairbow. green is her favorite color. it's her signature color.
    Spoiler:

Personality: Kayla is a sweet girl who is always has a smile on her face. She enjoys taking care of pokemon nursing them to health. She enjoys working with nurse joy and her mother's pokemon food shop. Sometimes she gets in little trouble when she laughs uncontrollably in quiet and unexpected moments. We can always tell that Kayla is happy when a smile is on her face.
    Biography/History: Kayla has been working with her mom in her pokemon food shop ever since she was a little girl. When Kayla turned 16, her little sister, Haley, and her mother brought home a pokeball for her 16th birthday. when kayla threw the pokeball, a shiny eevee appeared. Kayla took care of the eevee during the day time, and at night the little eevee would sleep by her bedside. One day, her mother asked her to go take care of her sick grandmother. Kayla took the little shiny eevee with her. Kayla cooked soup, cleaned her grandma's house, and everything a good grandaughter would do. When her grandma saw the cute little shiny eevee, she called it to jump on her bed. When her grandmother started petting the eevee, eevee started evolving. She evolved into a shiny espeon. Kayla jumped for joy and hugged her new shiny espeon. When she looked over at her grandma, she saw her grandma's eyes were closed and she wasn't breathing. she had died suddenly of a heart attack. Kayla knew her grandma gave her this gift of a shiny espeon. Shiny espeon and kayla traveled everywhere in the areas around them.
    Where do they appear (anime, game, manga etc.): Pokemon Hgss

Last edited:

Jung

Sica please.
    Years
    Here's my entree! :D I hope it's in proper format. >:
    My own self-drawn character.. it fails..miserably. xD

Spoiler:

Will EDIT for mistakes. :P (Tomorrow ) The format and such. :o

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm pretty sure I'm too lazy to write anything for this event. .-. It's been too long since I last roleplayed, so I'm not really in the mind-set for writing a sign-up. Or er.. something along the lines of a sign-up. xD

But I drew my character, so I thought I might as well share. .u.

Design a Trainer Competition

=u=b

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Name: Destiny
    Appearance (you may add your own art here):
    Spoiler:

Destiny is a dirty lady, and her clothes are ripped. Her eyes look sad, but at the same time have anger in them. She's 5"6. She has dirty skin. Her boots are ripped up.Her hair is real messy and blonde. She weighs 132 lbs.
    Personality: Emotional. Usually mad and all, and hides in allies.
    Biography/History: When she was a little kid, she lived in Sinnoh in Celestic Town. She was close friends with Cynthia. Then, when Cynthia became 10, and got a Pokemon from her grandmother she went on on her adventure. Destiny couldn't get one, because her parents couldn't afford it. She got mad, and ran away. She usually was in allies, like in Veilstone City and such. She was evil. She stole clothes and such in stores. She was one day asked to be recruited in Team Galactic. She refused, kick the Grunt in the gut and ran. She once stole a Pokemon from a kid named Marley. That girl then turned scared and lost confidence in herself. The Pokemon she took was a Banette. She trained it but she cared for it, because she always wanted a Pokemon. So she took care of it carefully. She cares for them. Then another day, she visited Twinleaf Town. She went to Lake Verity, and there, she slept. She was mad at her parents still, and she was 17. But still, she wanted to forgive them. But she didn't know how. Then Mesprit emerged from its cave, and joined Destiny's team. So then they worked together and Mesprit made her emotions nicer. Then, she lived with her parents for some time and is now challenging the Sinnoh League. She visits Cynthia sometimes at the Elite Four also.
    Where do they appear (anime, game, manga etc.): 2 months after Gen. IV

That's my entry ^^

Last edited:

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    Well, I tried and I believe it's not that good, but it was an effort. Good Luck to the other people to are competing

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TokioHumaNeko

Pokemon Zodiac Wishes
    Years
    Name: Phantasma Hardy
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:
    183 Lbs,6'2'', Always wearing a Custom-Made Mismagius T-Shirt, Purple-Pink hat,and a frilled skirt, that has large glass stones on it, making it look like she has eyes all over her. Under her shirt, on her back...is a Tattoo of a Misdreavus' eyes with the words "I'm watching you." underneath. She also likes to wear Black and Purple bracelets (Not seen in pic),which give off a strange jingling noise with every step. Her favorite accessories are her Black Fetish Boots, and her Misdreavus Choker. Under her long brown (Natural curly hair),are her ears that have been pierced twice with Senri Eye Earrings.

Personality: Phantasma is a sweet girl, and very fun-loving,but has a very bad temper, and does not like to be bothered when she is with her Pokemon. She has a thing for Ghost/Poison/Dark Types, and every time she loses, she always storms off and trains harder, which makes her very vengeful. She is also known as the "Phantom hearted trainer" Because of her main Pokemon, Mismagius.

Biography/History:
    Spoiler:

Where do they appear (anime, game, manga etc.): She runs her own Magic Shop in Chocovine town (D/P series) and has a backup shop in Olivine City, only when she is needed.

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    :pink_smile: Here's mine. x3

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Name: Martin Stevens

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Spoiler:

Biography/History: (sorry if this a little long, but I've already condensed it from what I previously had)
    Spoiler:

Where do they appear (anime, game, manga etc.):
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Lol i actually tried making a pokemon manga so this kinda works out great xD

Name: Kuroi Denko
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Spoiler:

Biography/History:
    Spoiler:

Where do they appear: Anime

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Oh yay, I still have time. I'll be posting later today :) Still trying to get bio. But art and role in Game&Anime is done. Personality also :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Name: Lisa K. Northwood
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Picture: Note. I submitted a similar pic of Blue/Leaf for the Fan Art Contest, as Lisa is based off Leaf's design and Lisa only needed a few alterations and recolors.
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Spoiler:

Biography/History:
    Spoiler:

Where do they appear:
    Spoiler:

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Name: Venom
    Occupation: Poison gym leader and a secret evil team leader(uses ice pokemon)

Appearance: Venom is a relaxed dude, about 1.90 m tall, slim, about 75 kg, well built. Pale, has a serious face, sharp face lines, short dark hair, extremely light blue eye color(lets say icy color). He usually wears purple clothes when he is doing his job as a gym leader, while being masked as a evil team leader he wears a hood that covers most of his face and has a shirt with no sleeves, white and light blue colored.

Personality: Show two different personality one as a normal gym leader and the other one as an evil team leader.

Gym leader - Cool guy, never tend to get emotional, always settles everything his way, and is very persuasive. Believes in a higher goal. In battle he tends to use poison to slowly finish his enemies over time, as opposite to his other self. Favorite pokemon: Muk and Weezing

Evil team leader - Never gets emotional, very persuasive, but very cruel to lower subordinates, and to people that doesnt agree with him. In battle as opposite to himself being a gym leader slowly poisoning his opponent, he instead tends to finish his opponent in a few moves quickly and effectively.

Biography:
    Born in Fuchsia city, early recognized as a prodigy of a trainer he was introduced to poison type pokemon, which he very soon mastered and became a successor to Koga and Janine. But as he was forced to master poison type, he decided to master the ice pokemon too, so he secretly trained and built his team of powerful ice pokemon that even surpass his original poison team.
    After a while, he grew tired of his boring job as a gym leader and he wanted to make a change in the world, by any means necessary, so he decided to secretly found an organization that would help him achieve his goal, creating a pokemon utopia, with him as a master on the top.
    During the day he works his job as a gym leader and also spies on the progress of the pokemon league union against his organization.
    Of his family only his father is alive, which he rarely communicates with, his mother died when he was at the age of 5, an ekans bit her and she died of poisoning, he never had any siblings.

P.S. Oh yeah he appears as a manga character (both gym leader and a team leader) he is a main villain and an important side character that helps the main protagonist on his journey.

Well i hope this turns out fine, Id draw a picture of both himself but not much more time remaining, and i still need to do drawoff first, if I get time maybe I post it later.

Last edited:
    Back