• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast do you go throught friends?

Years
    I know this sounds really bad but i seems to be going through friends like nobodies business lately. Only about two of the friendships have been broken by me, but they've all provoked me to do it.

So, how long do your friendships last before you/they break them and you go off to find others? and are these often caused by you or them?

Years
    I don't really break friendships because I get bored or anything. I would do it because something major happened.

I like to keep my friends and I do take the time out to talk to them.​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    For the longest time, I thought I was a bad friend, but honestly, it was because I didn't love those people as friends. I hardly ever break friendships directly. Sometimes I just let them die, usually without caring. But it's never some official "well I'm not your friend anymore," since that's so...elementary school. And I...don't like being close to a lot of people anyway. I have two best friends, Hiidoran and Klippy, and that's how I want it to stay. Dunno what I'd do without those two. It'd be an upsetting day to ever see my friendship with them fade. My last best friend let things die because of how horrible of a person she was. Pisses me off thinking about it. Heh.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    If they're worth keeping I'll hold on to them like there's no tomorrow.
    The ones that aren't worth keeping come and go like flies.

Years
    I almost never break friendships myself, because I like to keep my friends around. I think, actually, I ended only one.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I like to keep my friendships with others; in real life or online. Although if they're online if I don't want to be their friends anymore I just forget them, and let the friendship die by itself. But I really like to keep my friendships, unless something bad has happened.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't 'break' friendships. Only with one person ever have I done that. Rather, I don't see or speak with them for very long, so you drift apart.

Must say facebook is a great invention against that ^^;

Years
    Wow, seems like i just have really bad luck with friends x]
    In the past few months i've managed to break off with two friends who i got really close with. Both of them turned out to be the one thing they would never be, so i cut them out of my life (by blocking them on MSN and Facebook and such)
    And i've drifted away from quite a few really good friends lately too, one of them i went through most of primary school and all of high school with. Now i haven't spoken to him since... wow, it was my last form class in highschool. That was way back in june :O
    Shocking isn't it.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    I don't break off friendships. If the person is my true blue friend then I won't let the friendship die. However, if a friendship can be broken because of drifting apart, then to me that friendship wasn't a very close friendship.

Yes, I haven't broken friendships but I have let some friends drift away. Though we weren't close, we were friends of a friend. Some of my friends won't let our friendship die, I have crazy friends.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    wow the title makes it sound like i chew through friends WHICH I DON'T

I try very hard to hold on to the friends I have, because they all mean so much to me. I'm not the type of person to simply get bored with someone and move on over to the next face who even dares to say a word to me, no no no. I'm way too shy for that. Instead, I build up friendships over time and constantly remain devoted (not in a stalker way, I mean devoted as in I won't just give up whenever I feel like it) to the friendship and basically be a good friend. I think I'm more devoted to online friendships more than offline, as offline everyone is very casual and good and I'm down with that. But online? Well, my friends are more personal and interesting, but more importantly: most of the time they're as dedicated to our friendship as I am. Not to say we're not casual, but...you know? They're just...better friends? I don't get to see them as much as my offline friends, but I seem to know more about them and vice versa.

So I would have to say I try very hard not to go through friends at all, because even though I have failed in the past, I love all my friends and hate losing them.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I'm happy to stay in contact with people and try and keep friendships going for as long as possible, but unfortunately people tend to get bored with me and either stop talking or lose contact with me after a while. As a result i've got a handful of real life friends and about the same number of friends online. Some of my friends i've known since school, some are fairly new.

In response to the OP, I guess I go through them quite quickly but it seems to be something out of my control. I'm not sure what else I can do if i'm making an effort to stay friends with people but they have no interest in me whatsoever? Ah well.

Years
    I have a bunch of friends I have been friends with since elementary school, but any other friendships than these never seem to last long (a year or maybe two at most). So yeah.

AnotherGuy

That guy across the street
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    My friendships last foreva and ever, I still know friends from the 1st grade

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
    I don't really try to, but I've broken my share of friendships. Actually, probably more are broken than kept. I'm kind of stubborn about standards, but the majority of people don't really go past the "acquaintance" stage, anyway.

The bright side is that if a friendship lives past the basic stages, it's probably going to be around for years and years. I view friendship as a mutually awesome investment that should be allowed to ripen as long as possible. It just makes the whole experience of life better.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I do try to keep my friends. I don't break ties with somebody because of one disagreement or argument. To have a successful friendship, you must accept that you are not identical and that your friends have flaws. We fight, but we don't let it affect us in the long run. Some friends stay, some friends go. That's how life is.

Ayselipera

I don't think I've ever gone through a friend as much as a friendship has simply just drifted apart. Overtime you and your friends change/grow up and so you go your separate ways, but you're still cordial with each other. That's the most distant from a friend I've grown. I've just never had a reason to completely break all ties with a friend or anyone for that matter.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I've only had to break a friendship twice in my life and they were for good reason (being mistreated) and otherwise we just drift apart but mail/ phonecall/ email every once in a while to say "Hey what's going on, I hope you're well!" :3

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    My friendships has lasted a pretty long time, and still going on. I dont even want to think about losing any of my friendships, it might be too painful :[

Back