• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who the hell is "anonymous"?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    late night threads (y)

So I was looking at the threads, and noticed something about Dear Anonymous. Despite not having that many posts, it has the most views in this section. That got me thinking:

Not necessarily for Dear Anonymous (though you can certainly use that), but how interested are you in the lives of those around you? This includes people you know well to people you know from appearance. I guess it's easier to learn more on a forum, so feel free to split your answer between the interwebs and in real life.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I'm somewhat interested. I mean, if you prove to be a good friend and someone I trust, then I would like to know about you and how you're doing. It's more like if I care about you, then I would like to know that you're okay.

I don't really go on the Dear Anonymous thread all that often because when I first got on this forum I was a bit of a stalker and now I try not to do those things. XD

Outlier

I like the posts where users are confessing their love for someone. I find those posts kind of cute and harmless. But yeah a lot of it just seems like an attention grab. Reading some of those posts is like overhearing a melodramatic high school kid talking on the phone with someone you don't even know. I'm not saying I'm above it or don't see the appeal in it either, because I posted in that stupid thread not too long ago lol.

Years
    I'm always interested in the lives of other people, not for gossip or anything just simply out of curiosity and an interest in what's going on around me and what makes everyone tick. I find people can be very interesting.

When it comes to people I'm actually close with, I'm lucky enough to have this sort of stuff thrown at me anyway since I tend to be that guy that every social group has that can't fix his own problems no matter how hard he tries but does just fine at fixing everyone else's haha.

As for DA especially, honestly I can see how it might be viewed as attention seeking and maybe for some it is. I have used it twice before and probably will again, simply because it is really therapeutic to rant to strangers about people they don't know haha.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I love getting in on the gossip of all the people around me. I think it's one of the best parts of life, being able to talk about other people's lives - and perhaps creating things for other people to talk about in your own. The more famous they are the more interested I am, too.

Sirfetch’d

I'm a pretty nosy person when it comes to the lives of those surrounding me. Sure, sometimes I think I can be a little too concerned about others and that I should be focusing more on what is happening in my life instead of what's going on with others but I enjoy how interesting some people's lives are.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    So you people are the ones that keep voting for me as most interesting Dear Anon poster. I see.

I use Dear Anon to get out crap that I can't say to who it's for, or just to get something out. To me, there's something comforting about getting something out of my system where people can read it. Because then, even if they don't understand it or know who it's for, someone's read it. Someone has an idea of how I'm feeling. I feel less alone, in a sense.

I don't really read a lot of the posts in there, though. I just check to see if anyone might have said something to me.

Years
    I'm somewhat interested to know as well.. mainly because I see people post in the Dear Anonymous thread to post their thoughts and I can read through that to see what could be causing them to act a certain way, if in assumption they've been depressed as of late or just seem sad in general.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    People I dedicate myself to getting to know I am interested in. If I start asking you a ton of seemingly meaningless questions in an effort to get to know you, I'm interested in your life. If not, then I'm not. It's really as simple as that.

Years
    I value my friends a lot. Without my friends I'm nothing. Getting to know someone well is pretty much synonymous with making friends. I enjoy hearing about peoples' lives to connect to other people and comfort those who need comforting because I've discovered helping other people with their problems can help take the spotlight off your own problems.

As for online, I usually find it hard to really get to know people well. This might be because a lot of people online aren't very outgoing, or maybe I just don't know how to talk to people through text, or writing.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    knowledge is free
    We are anonymous
    Anonymous is Legion
    we do not forgive
    we do not forget
    expect us!​

I like reading about what goes on in peoples lives, I love reading other peoples blogs like personal blogs because it's interesting and you learn a lot about the person sometimes you might know their life even though they don't know who you are.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I used to look at every Dear Anonymous response, but I feel like they're really too personal for me to read that much into. Nowadays if I have something to say, I drop it there and walk. As for people in real life... I live in a small town so I'm going to be the first and last to hear gossip so not much can be withheld if people try.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    One of the many reasons why I go to forums is because I love meeting people and finding more about their lives. Most of the time it gives me inspiration to write a story or a blog post, because I find others' lives so interesting compared to mine. I love finding about their cultures and traditions and more about their perspective in life.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Unless I'm close to the person I'm not interested in the lives of others around me. I can become too interested at times. Is ignorance bliss? :p

Back