• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Theories Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
    Welcome to the Pokémon Theories Club!
    ~Have you ever been interested in what goes on behind the scenes of the Pokémon games and anime?How about some of the most common Pokémon questions never answered!
    ~Ash's age
    ~The mystery of Pokémon Lost Silver
    ~The Pokémon war
    ~MissingNO.
    ~Blue's Raticate
    ~Kangaskhan as Cubone's Mother

Must be a Pokemon theory!
    --Can be from anime and games -
    --NO MANGA (Strays to much from games and anime-if enough people want it, Ill add it to the list)
    --No obscene or offensive language, nor inappropriate theories!
    --You can make your own theories, but make sure they are solid and thought out theories.
    --Be nice and respectful to everyone's opinions.

~Blue's Raticate
    ~The Pokemon War
    ~MissingNO. Mystery and experiences.
    ~The Lost Silver Mystery
    ~Ash's age
    ~Gengar and Clefairy
    ~Pokemon Red & Blue Truck Easter-Egg​
    Name:
    Favorite Theory:
    How long have you played PKMN?:
    Any special interests?:

And thats it! Everybody will be accepted, this is just for reference for people wanting to discuss with you.​

Water Gym Leader
    xVaporeon
    Aslan
    Olli
    Dragon Trainer
    Saint Sophie
    Whitney's Shaymin
    KamikazeSSoH
    Sheep
    RF
    KillerCroCohen
    ShadeDraco
    GhastlyGastly
    waningGrimalkin​

Thank you!
    ~Karinmo
    [/CENTER]

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Considering how big of a junkie I am when it comes to video game theories (especially Pokemon theories :p), it would be a sin not to join ;)

Name: Olli97
    Favorite Theory: That is honestly a super difficult choice. There are so many well thought out, well structured and well-written theories out there, choosing between is gonna be hard. I especially admire all the thought and work there has been put into the Ash coma theory, but personally I find it to have too many holes and flaws for it to really be at the top spot. I really like the ones that turn around the logic of everything though. Like the theory about how Giovanni might've actually been trying to save the world with all his and Team Rocket's actions. But that's also a bit of a flawed theory.

I guess, if I had to choose one, my favourite would probably be the Pokemon war theory. I mean, it's nothing I ever really payed notice to when battling Surge, and nothing I'd ever really expected from such a kid-friendly franchise. But it actually makes a lot of sense, and fits perfectly together with the evidence provided. And it's another one that turns around one's view of everything, so it's definitely one of my favourites. But there are so many other theories, and so many others I really like, so I don't know if I'll feel the same for very long :p

How long have you played PKMN?: I guess we're up on 13 years now, lots of time to speculate about the wondrous world of Pokémon, but it honestly wasn't anything I ever really did. It wasn't until recently (relatively) that I really started to get involved with all the video game and Pokemon theories, but I definitely feel like I've missed out :p

Any special interests?: Nah, I'm pretty open to everything there's thrown at me. I guess I'm not too keen on manga theories, seeing as I've only read the Red and Yellow arc, so the amount of theories I can really get into is relatively low. The same goes for the anime, since the theories often require you to have been following the anime, or watch specific episodes, which makes it a lot less relate-able and easy to get into, whereas the ones focusing on the games often can provide all the evidence needed without dragging it out, or giving you too much information. But of course it's different, depending on the theory.

All in all, I just find a lot of these theories to be interesting, and I'm fascinated by all the thought and effort people put into making these, so I really appreciate any kind of theories people can come up with. Which is why I think this club was an excellent idea, since it really gives people a 'hub' to express themselves and their theories, and well. I just love the idea! :)

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
    Name: Water Gym Leader (AKA: Arlyn Aquos)

Favorite Theory: N is a Zoroark. this one is weird and also seems very true in a way. His hair looks like a Zoroarks, he is able to communicate with Pokemon,he was raised by Pokemon until he was adopted by Ghetsis. In Black and White 2 we follow "his" Zoroark to where N is, yet the Zoroark is gone and he doesn't have it on him.

How long have you played Pokemon?: I played since I fist got Yellow in 98' so that's 15 years now.

Any special interests?: Water Pokemon

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Name: xVaporeon

Favorite Theory: The Ditto/Mew theory is my absolute favourite. I think it's very believable. This is the story, copied from Creepypasta.

Think about it, Mew and Ditto are the same weight; 8.8 pounds. They are also the same color and they have the same shiny color, too. Mew and Ditto know Transform. They can both learn every move in Pokémon, but in Ditto's case, only for a certain amount of PP. Ditto is mostly spotted in the Cinnibar Island Mansion where the Mew and Mewtwo experiments took place. Mew's experiment went wrong and it came out as the new Pokémon, Ditto.

Ditto is Mew, but its molecules are all scattered so that's why it is shorter and wider, as well as having no bone structure. Mew is said to contain every Pokémon's DNA and Ditto is said it can breed with every single Pokémon, with very few exceptions outside of Legendary Pokémon. If you watched the movie Pokémon The Movie I: Mewtwo Strikes Back, it said there was a failed experiment in the beginning. Now that I look back in it, it could have been Ditto...

How long have you played PKMN?: Since 1999. I was pretty young, but there were kids around my area who were older and always used to teach me new stuff about it and how to play it.. ah, memories :P

Any special interests?: I collect the cards - I have at least one copy of every single Pokemon (except Gen 6) on card - (plus endless copies of Onyx and Machop that I could never get rid of because EVERYONE owned one :P). I own the games, and also have my old Pokemon books. Outside of Pokemon, I like video games in general, I enjoy learning about History (want to become a history teacher) and I also love reading comics and going out with friends ^^

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    YAAAY THEORIES

Name: Narnia

Favorite Theory:
    That's a pretty hard question. Some theories I can see mistakes all over but they still have evidence to back them up. One of my favourites would probably be Pokemon Lost Silver- it was something that didn't go overboard with blood and gore which would make it seem unrealistic. Though there were still some errors here and there, it's pretty believable overall. Another reason I like it is because I get to scare a certain clubs moderator out of their wits with it. And probably confuse them with the plot at the same time but whatever.

My second favourite would probably be the Pokemon war! It seems weird to see in such a franchise but there are loads of references everywhere. Lt. Surge talking about his experiences, lack of young to middle aged men and so forth. The idea of a colossal war is pretty epic to imagine and it would fill in some gaps/mysteries.

Lastly, it isn't mentioned here but the possibility of Gamefreak getting their names muddled up. For example Golduck and Psyduck should switch for obvious reasons. Then there's Venomoth and Butterfree possibly getting mixed up. The list goes on! Overall though, I don't have a theory I particularly dislike. All of them are pretty cool.

How long have you played PKMN?: About five years or so. Not as long as most people but at least I have some sort of experience?

Any special interests?: Nope. I like all sorts of theories, scary ones, intelligent ones, strange ones, badly constructed ones. It's interesting to see the opinion of another fan. :p

Olli

Years
    One of my favourites would probably be Pokemon Lost Silver- it was something that didn't go overboard with blood and gore which would make it seem unrealistic. Though there were still some errors here and there, it's pretty believable overall. Another reason I like it is because I get to scare a certain clubs moderator out of their wits with it. And probably confuse them with the plot at the same time but whatever.
    Wait, is Lost Silver actually considered a theory? I don't really see any theory elements in it, and I've only ever really seen it as a creepy pasta, but seeing as it's listed both in the OP as well as in your posts, I guess there's more to it? Really curious about this! :O

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
    Wait, is Lost Silver actually considered a theory? I don't really see any theory elements in it, and I've only ever really seen it as a creepy pasta, but seeing as it's listed both in the OP as well as in your posts, I guess there's more to it? Really curious about this! :O

Yeah, it sure is! Like what are its origins, the story behind it? What does it mean? Who is this guy?
    Was he real? Was the game real? Was it a ROM hack gone wrong, or was it gone as planned?

All things some people wanna know an discover!

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    Name:Dragon Trainer

Favorite Theory:First up, Lavender town theory. I don't know if any of you are aware about this or not but it states that many children in japan died due to the lavender town music. The theory states some technical facts you can read them if you want.
    Secondly, the theory about the buried alive and white hand *shivering. Those two gave me sleepless nights. I'm sure you all know about them.
    I have a lot of theories but these two gave me the most sleepless nights *still shivering......

How long have you played PKMN?:
    Pokemon was practically the first game I ever played. It has been around 10 or 11 years since i started.

Any special interests?:Yes...... Many interests :P

Name: xVaporeon

Favorite Theory: The Ditto/Mew theory is my absolute favourite. I think it's very believable. This is the story, copied from Creepypasta.

Think about it, Mew and Ditto are the same weight; 8.8 pounds. They are also the same color and they have the same shiny color, too. Mew and Ditto know Transform. They can both learn every move in Pokémon, but in Ditto's case, only for a certain amount of PP. Ditto is mostly spotted in the Cinnibar Island Mansion where the Mew and Mewtwo experiments took place. Mew's experiment went wrong and it came out as the new Pokémon, Ditto.

Ditto is Mew, but its molecules are all scattered so that's why it is shorter and wider, as well as having no bone structure. Mew is said to contain every Pokémon's DNA and Ditto is said it can breed with every single Pokémon, with very few exceptions outside of Legendary Pokémon. If you watched the movie Pokémon The Movie I: Mewtwo Strikes Back, it said there was a failed experiment in the beginning. Now that I look back in it, it could have been Ditto...

How long have you played PKMN?: Since 1999. I was pretty young, but there were kids around my area who were older and always used to teach me new stuff about it and how to play it.. ah, memories :P

Any special interests?: I collect the cards - I have at least one copy of every single Pokemon (except Gen 6) on card - (plus endless copies of Onyx and Machop that I could never get rid of because EVERYONE owned one :P). I own the games, and also have my old Pokemon books. Outside of Pokemon, I like video games in general, I enjoy learning about History (want to become a history teacher) and I also love reading comics and going out with friends ^^
    Miss Xvaporeon I would like to point it out to you that the first failed experiment mentioned in the movie was actually Deoxys. If you read the Pokemon Adventures Manga, Sevii Islands saga, you'll find out that Deoxys was that pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    Name: Saint Sophie
    Favourite Theory: Without a shadow of a doubt: Pokémon Lost Silver, even if it's not a 'theory' as such, and more of a creepy myth.
    It's one of the most beautifully crafted creepy stories I've ever read, wonderfully eerie and terrifying yet still incredibly sad. It manages to be scary without being too over the top, and it's rife with symbolism. It's the only 'Creepypasta' to actually stick with me for a very long time. So brilliantly done.

However... I do have problems with interpreting the actual story. I did consider making a separate thread about it, because I was curious to hear how people interpreted the story. I always got the impression that Gold was in some sort of 'purgatory' which seemingly took place in Tin Tower/Goldenrod City/Mt. Silver and he had a task to do, i.e. save the baby Cyndaquil 'HURRY'. But there are aspects which don't make sense about it. Why did the Feraligatr and most of the characters have no eyes? What was that weird item in the Pack? Why did Silver say 'Even...' and then disappear? Why was the Celebi chopped in half?

Also, wasn't there a theory that Red was actually dead, and you fight his ghost on Mt. Silver? That would make sense because Red has been away for an awfully long time, stays in the same spot on the snowy dangerous mountain just 'waiting' (he'd only be 13 years old at this stage), doesn't let his mother know where he is and doesn't speak at all throughout the entire battle. He also just 'disappears' after the battle. I read this theory somewhere online, it's not actually my own, but I can't remember where I read it.

How long have you played PKMN?: Since I was about 7, so about 16 years.

Special interests: Pokémon theories. I LOVE Creepypasta, and Pokémon Lost Silver is my absolute favourite ever. I'm also an enormous fan of the games.

Yeah, it sure is! Like what are its origins, the story behind it? What does it mean? Who is this guy?
    Was he real? Was the game real? Was it a ROM hack gone wrong, or was it gone as planned?

I think I read somewhere that it is just a story. The guy who created the story wants to remain anonymous or something, though.

I had my doubts that it was a real ROM hack. I'm more interested in how people interpret the story itself. It really is so bizarre.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
    Years
    Name: pokemoner2500
    Favorite Theory: Giovonni's the good guy. So this theory is one I actually only heard about about a month ago but it's become my favorite because Giovonni's a boss, literally. So this theory is that everything that Giovonni was doing was actually good. Examples.
    Mt. Moon: Since Giovonni created Mewtwo he needed really powerful Pokemon to take it down, which is why he needed fossil Pokemon since they had been powerful back in their life time.
    Lavender Tower: Since you had stopped him at Mt. Moon he needed another plan, so he decided to capture ghost types to take mewtwo down. But since you took the Silph Scope he was unable to.
    Silph Co.: Since you had stopped him everywhere else he decided to just go out and catch it but since no ordinary pokeball could catch it he needed the master ball. But you stopped him.

There are still some holes to this theory like what's with the Game Corner but to me it's pretty solid and actually really cool.

How long have you played PKMN?: I've played Pokemon since R/B but I got into it late mostly because I wasn't even alive when they first came out. But since I've owned a game of at least every generation I haven't been out of the loop yet. In the end I've played since I was 5 so 9 years.

Any special interests?: Lol I like playing Pokemon and playing Warcraft 3.

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
    Years
    Name:Anderson Kamikaze or KamikazeSSoH
    Favorite Theory:Oh yes my favorite theory is indeed the cubone one. that it for what i heard is... when Kengaskhan dies. the son takes the skull and turns into cubone.... and then he evolves to Marowak and then he evolves to Kengaskhan !?. theory say that Missingno is the son of Kengaskhan... i mean they say that Team Rocket killed a kengaskhan and left the son whit the dead mom and then the son took the Skull of the dead mother and turn into Cubone.... for me this theory was simply amazing and thats why its my favorite

I think that the first pokemon that i capture in safari zone was Kengaskhan thats why its my favorite theory because at the time i loved kengaskhan

The Second one that i like its :
    Pokemon WAR! My god when LT. Surge says the following :
    "Hey kid! What do you think your doing here? You won't live long in combat!
    Me : what ? yes i do :)
    That's for sure! I tell you what kid, electric Pokemon saved me during the war!"
    Me : War ??????!!! In pokemon ? *Laughs for 5 days come back and realizes....that there was a war in Kanto.
    Your father died, and your rival lost his parents. and there for front the story of Pokemon games would be not for children.... :P i liked that ideia and for me that was a easy children to buy was amazed by this theory...
    How long have you played PKMN?: Like 10 Years from now.. first ever pokemon game was Pokemon Crystal good times
    Any special interests?:i Like Pokemon,as do Animes,Video Games in general and some books.

Last edited:
    I definitely need to join this. Kick me for being so late to the party, ugh. ;x

Name: Cirno/Sheep
    Favorite Theory: The Ditto and Mew theory! It's a pretty common one but given how much evidence there is to support such a case I'm very willing to believe it. I wish I could say more on that regard but it's such a well-known theory that I'm sure I shouldn't have to explain it.

Oh! There's also the Blue's Raticate theory. The Pokemon manga mentions death several times and there's even a Lavender graveyard arc dedicated to dead Pokemon so I wouldn't be surprised if that translated into the game somehow.. plus it gives Pokemon such a more creepy vibe.

How long have you played PKMN?: Since I was 8.. and I'm 22 now. :)
    Any special interests?: I'm still somewhat of a beginner to theories since I've started thinking about them only recently but I hope I'll be able to discuss and contribute nonetheless.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Name:
    R.F.

Favourite Theory:
    - Champ fight against Prof. Oak in Red/Blue
    According to some rumors originally you where supposed to fight Prof. Oak in the Pokemon League. That theory is backed up by the point that battles against him are implemented in the game, but never used. His team consists of some pretty strong Pokemon a little higher leveled than your rival and his strongest Pokemon is that one starter neighter you nor your rival chose as the first Pokemon. The battles can be unlocked using the Mew glitch and are fully playable.
    - MissingNo. in Gen 6.
    There is this theory that GF implemented some kind of reference to MissingNo. into the game. Go to the Lumiose Boutique during daytime and stand somewhere near the entrance. After that you have to adjust the camera a little and if you did it correctly you can see it behind the entrance.

How long have you played PKMN?
    I don't know how long, I started by the time Red and Blue where a thing in my country (maybe 2 years befor gen 2 came out, something like that)

Any special interests?
    Game mechanics, bugs and glitches

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Name: KillerCroCohen
    Favorite theory: It's a hard choice, but i gotta say The war. It just so fascinating and you can speculate and add so much to it, like Pryce being a war veteran, Prof.Birch was afraid of the Zigzagoon\Poochyenna because he was in trauma from the war, and a lot more things.
    How long have you been playing PKMN?: 2003-2004ish, when i was in 1st grade.
    Special interests: Theories, (TRYING TO) broadcast LPs, POKEMON, and music.

Olli

Years

I guess that could kinda put it under the category of theories, but I've honestly never looked at it as anything other than just another creepypasta :o I mean, it was definitely well-written and well-structured, and I reckon all the hype about it stems from how it was the first breakthrough creepypasta for Pokemon, but I'd honestly be surprised if there was anything more to it than just a story written by someone who felt like writing a creepy Pokemon story :p But I guess there is some mystery to who the author of the creepypasta actually is, since it's been reposted just about everywhere on the internet as of now :p

In an attempt to hopefully revive the club, here's a new topic for you guys! :)

Are there any theories that more or less blew your mind? Something that you'd never have thought of yourself, but oddly enough makes sense?

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
    Years
    Name: Shadedraco
    Favorite Theory: Lavender Town Syndrome. This was my introduction to the "creepy" part of Pokemon. Also it gave me a new appreciation for Japanese titles over their American and international releases.
    Special Interests: Fanfic writing, challenges

The theory that blew my mind was the War in Pokemon theory. Not only does Lt. Surge mention it, but there's also that whole Lucario and the Mystery of Mew thing. With TWO HUGE ARMIES CONSISTING OF APPARENTLY ONLY POKEMON, because you know war is such a child's thing :l

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
    Years
    Ooooooo, count me in! I consider myself a bit of a general Pokémon theorist. Brilliant idea for a club :pink_nod:

Name: GhastlyGastly

Favorite Theory: Wow, hard to choose... Practically everything that I believe about the Pokémon world is somehow different from what most people believe, haha :pink_laugh:
    If I had to choose a single favorite though, I'd say it's my own idea of Poké-atheism. It isn't even a "theory", per se, since it's basically just the rejection of what people say about Arceus: namely, that it's a god, or created the Pokémon world. I simply don't believe that. I find no evidence for that, and reasonably compelling evidence against it. I don't believe the Pokémon world has a god, or a creator (apart from Satoshi Tajiri of course, hahaha :pink_giggle: ). I'm an atheist in real life, and I guess I sort of just apply my same general scientific rationalism to the Pokémon world. It's not a popular view (downright bizarre and unorthodox, generally speaking), but I think it's reasonable.

How long have you played PKMN?
    Since 2000; so nearly 14 years. My first games were Pokémon Stadium, Pokémon Stadium 2, and Pokémon Crystal. I got Gold and Silver, Blue, and Yellow soon after that. Although I was a major Pokémon fan even before I had the games: I grew up on the anime, and I started collecting the figurines and plushies back when they were half-an-inch tall and looked like the Green Version sprites, hahaha :pink_laugh:
    So, to be fair, while I've only played Pokémon games since 2000, I've been a Pokémon fan practically since the very beginning of the franchise.

Any special interests?
    I'm a bit of an actress, a bit of a writer, a bit of a singer (the acting and singing tend to go together: I like musical theatre and opera). I actually have some training as an evolutionary biologist and zoologist as well (I was lucky, I was practically raised in a zoo), and I love animals and natural history. I suppose in general there aren't a lot of things I don't have special interest in, hahaha :pink_giggle: I love science and history and art and literature and philosophy and all that stuff. But I don't like sports, or politics, or vehicles; with very few exceptions, haha :pink_laugh:

Afterthought: As a bit of an all-purpose Pokémon theorist (or "Pokémonologist", if you will), I've written quite a bit about various theories I've had, and some of them I've written in threads here. All of them are in the Pokémon General forum, and most of them are linked in my signature as well, if you want to have a look-see. :pink_smile:

waningGrimalkin

Level 5 Spin Ninja
    Years
    Name: waningGrimalkin
    Favorite Theory: I think my favorite theory is the baby kangaskhan theory. I don't really even think it's a theory, though: I think it's pretty obviously real. Although I have to say, I think Missing No. is something else. 'M .00 is baby kangaskhan! It even evolves into Kangaskhan.
    Also, just something, but would baby kangaskhan be Kangaschan?
    I was looking at information about the 'M's, and I saw 'M Charzard(I'm not aloud to post links yet, as I have not made 15 posts). This led me to think: In pokemon origins, Mega Charzard appears (I haven't watched the slow-paced crime against Arceus, I heard of it in a video). What if Mega pokemon had been thought of before gen 6, and they couldn't, or didn't, program it? To answer this, we would need to go into the real world and study things the people who made the original R/B game said. Perhaps there would be a clue.
    How long have you played PKMN?: When I was 6, my brother used to let me do something like defeat a pokemon in his gold game. I used to watch him play it. I stopped playing for a while(lost a 100 hour heartgold version on a bus) but recently I've started again.
    Any special interests?: I like crafting stuff. I also like to watch pokemon theory videos. I also like the pokemon mysteries! Lumoise ghost girl! What isssss it???? Also, I like the Pokemon Adventures manga, and if it isn't cannon, then the anime isn't cannon! It's written a lot better, and is much more consistent. The anime is all over the place, consistence-wise.

Last edited:
    Welcome to the club, guys! Happy that there are a lot of expert theorists here. Guess I'll be learning quite a lot during my adventures in the club. :D

Are there any theories that more or less blew your mind? Something that you'd never have thought of yourself, but oddly enough makes sense?

Time for me to be boring but this was definitely the Ditto = Mew theory. I only found out about it a few years ago and upon being presented all the facts I was just blown away. Same shiny color, both know transform, both pink originally, found in the location where experiments on Mewtwo were conducted.. jeez.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back