• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Go-To Video Game?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Consider this - one day, you're really bored, and would like for something to do. Ultimately, you decide to play video games, and fortunately, you've always got that one game that never fails to relieve you of your boredom, and that you would constantly enjoy playing over and over again.

What video game for you, is that? In other words, what would be your 'go-to' video game that never fails to entertain you?

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • GTA - Vice City, Blip & Blop - Balls of Steel, Contra, etc...

Shooting annoying peeps + blowing up stuff. < Any kind of game that's like that.

funfunfun <3

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • If I had to pick one that I've been playing for a long time, it would be Pokemon Blue. Recently though it would have to be Animal Crossing New Leaf. I've put a lot of hours into that game...and its not a genre of game I would usually enjoy. It's oddly addicting though.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations.

There so many characters and so many challenge modes (Survival, Story and Tournament) that I could pop the disc in any time and have a grand time.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I suppose Call of Duty, Zombies can always be a fun time-drainer. If not, Monkey Ball works just fine, that series is timeless.

TY

Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun. I swear i play this game all the time when i feel bored and it never gets old for me xD
    It drains at least 20-30 mins each game which is quite good ^^

Years
  • Any Grand Theft Auto game the past couple of years seems to be a great cure for boredom, as I'll start playing, then look at the clock and realize I've been fooling around for 2 hours. The Skate games are pretty good at doing that, too. I guess it has something to do with the open world gameplay, and always having lots to explore.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I always have Grand Theft Auto V to go to...fun to raise hell/drive my fancy cars 8)

There's also Touhou Hisoutensoku...a Touhou fighting game! :D Great way to pass the time for me is to master combos :3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Nothing now, I guess... I have such a big list of games I haven't even started that repeating some game is pretty much out of question for me xD

But it could be Treasures of Montezuma Blitz which is pretty much Bejeweled for Vita =D

And before PSV and PS3, Persona 3 Portable

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • WarioWare: Mega Microgame$ was released in 2003, and has never stopped being fun. Arguably, I'd say the WarioWare series has yet to surpass the accessibility of the first game. Content wise, Twisted tops it, but both content and being the absolute most pick-up-and-playable and the most addictive without wearing you out cognitively, yeah. Microgame$ is where it's at.

Otherwise, I can get into any STG/SHMUP easily. I find myself playing DDP Daioujou when I could be doing better things.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    WarioWare: Mega Microgame$ was released in 2003, and has never stopped being fun. Arguably, I'd say the WarioWare series has yet to surpass the accessibility of the first game. Content wise, Twisted tops it, but both content and being the absolute most pick-up-and-playable and the most addictive without wearing you out cognitively, yeah. Microgame$ is where it's at.
    Yeah, pretty much.

I'd give it to Twisted since it feels more complete, but Microgame$ is just so simple and accessible (and fun) that I can't see the two being anything else than equal.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's gotta be Grand Theft Auto for me. Running around, stealing people's vehicles, doing missions, etc--all of it make GTA quite entertaining. Call of Duty would also have to be one of my go-to games, as well as Pokémon.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • My go-to for PC used to be Heavy Gear 2. Still one of my favorite games. It's still be my go to game, except it's old and it refuses to work on 7.

I don't really have a go to game now. Only really play one pc game now, Stardrive, although when I get bored with vanilla sd I load up a mod for it.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Fire Emblem Awakening would be a close second to this, but I'm going to have to say Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

Well, don't get me wrong, Awakening is a great game and I don't get bored with it easily, but, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is a game that I will enjoy for a longer period of a time, if that makes sense, because it's the longest Fire Emblem game (as I can recall). The gameplay is nice, the characters are wonderful, and I really love the plot! War between beasts and humans is pretty interesting to see!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Every time I'm bored and don't have any new games at the time I'll either:

1.) Play on Pokemon Showdown
    2.) Play one of the Smash Bros. games
    3.) Play a Pokemon game or Animal Crossing

Years
  • My go-to video game would probably be The Last of Us. Essentially it's the same gameplay and everything, but the game mechanics is addicting, which makes me want to continue playing over and over. Ni no Kuni would be another because it's kind of like Pokemon, in a sense, but with Studio Ghibli graphics :D

Back