• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta Go Fast!!!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Gotta Go Fast!!!

You've gained the ability to transfer any vehicle from a video game franchise into reality. It can be for leisure purposes, for racing purposes, for space travel, or any other reason! Or if you don't want to bring that vehicle into reality, you've gained the ability to go into that video game universe and use it there! What vehicle would you like to own or use personally for yourself and why?

I would love to be able to use one of the racing airships from the F-Zero universe. It would be extremely dangerous with the whole "kill-people-as-you-race" aspect, but being able to go that fast would be a real high and adrenaline rush. Plus, maybe I'd get to see Captain Falcon falcon-punch someone in some rare happenstance? I don't know, but it would be totally worth the near-death experience to see that.

Discuss!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Thought this was a thread about Sonic, hahaha. Anyway, if I were to bring any video game vehicle into life, I'd most likely choose Arwing from Star Fox series. It could fly pretty swiftly, do indefinite barrel rolls, make a complete stop while airborne, and shoot powerful laser attacks. Plus, when its wings are broken, it could still continue to fly as if nothing's ever happened. Impressive, isn't it? :b

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Thought this was a thread about Sonic, hahaha.

Ya know, I thought the same thing lol.

Anyway: a tank. Tank beats everything. Gimme a tank, and I'm set.....if I knew how to drive one...

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Ya know, I thought the same thing lol.

Anyway: a tank. Tank beats everything. Gimme a tank, and I'm set.....if I knew how to drive one...

Why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?

Anyways, one video game vehicle I would probably want to bring to life is the M-44 Hammerhead from the Mass Effect series. Sure its design sacrifices armor plating, but it is the handling and power that matter. Also it is pretty good.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    :t132:

What vehicle would I have hmm... I guess I'd probably go for a spaceship just to be able to space travel, but aside from that I don't have a clue haha. I guess the spaceships from Ratchet and Clank are always pretty cool so I'd probably go for those, but honestly vehicles are usually the very least of my focus in video games so I don't quite know what I'd go for haha. Maybe an Ape Escape dash hoop if that counts? 8D

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    The dragon from Panzer Dragoon :D It's a vehicle of some sorts still!

If we can't pick anything living, I guess I would have to settle for an Arwing. I just want a vehicle that can glide through the sky, and the Arwing is easily one of the choices that pop out from the top of my head. It can also travel through space as well, so that's a nice plus.

Years

Actually I thought it was a thread about speed-runs and completion times XD

Hm, in reality, I can't really think of any other type of vehicle other than the karts in Mario Kart like Nolafus mentioned. No other type of vehicle has really caught my eye from other franchises unless you count airships from the Final Fantasy series as one. Oh! How about the flying school in Final Fantasy VIII? That would be pretty cool, LOL.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Thought this was a thread about Sonic,

Actually I thought it was a thread about speed-runs and completion times XD .

I thought it was about Sonic too.

PC is the god damn worst when it comes to thread titles, jesus. Does it hurt to have a straightforward title? These aren't even clever or charming or anything.
    I really wish this isn't something I constantly complain about. That and the constant thread posting (there should be a rule against this...) by certain members everywhere. But whatever, I don't even come here much anymore.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I thought it was about Sonic too.

PC is the god damn worst when it comes to thread titles, jesus. Does it hurt to have a straightforward title? These aren't even clever or charming or anything.
    I really wish this isn't something I constantly complain about. That and the constant thread posting (there should be a rule against this...) by certain members everywhere. But whatever, I don't even come here much anymore.

In retrospect I'll admit, the choice in title probably wasn't the best that could have been come up with. When I was creating it, I was thinking of the movie Talladega Nights, but even that is going to some lengths, and a better title could have easily been created.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with creating a multitude of topics for discussion. Why should it matter if the thread was started by a specific user? If I gave the same topic to someone else and they posted it, I bet you wouldn't view that as a problem. It shouldn't matter who posts; the point is that I'm trying to stimulate discussion about different aspects of video gaming, and while you may not like specific topics that I have created in the past, the truth is still out there that it has helped make the Video Games section more active when it comes to other people's involvement in it.

In no way, shape, or form should the multitude of threads I make hinder or discourage other members from posting their own thread titles. The only reason why I do so many is because I see a lot of potential in this section of PokeCommunity which I think can be tapped into. I'm sorry that you see my way of things as such an issue, but unless it becomes such a monumental issue with the general populous of PC and not just one specific user, I'm not changing my ways anytime soon.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    See, my biggest problem with PC is this: Members focus on activity rather than quality of post. As such, I feel like a lot of replies are monotonous, forced and robotic and are there just for the sake of well posting. There's barely any discussions or disagreements made, members just post to answer the topic and leave.

Yes, in that regards, having so many threads is a huge hindrance. Considering PC has a problem where activity is everything, having many threads will make them focus on posting on all of them half assingly rather than focus on a quality post that demands discussion in a single thread, which is more worth than 100 posts about your favorite random things. There's this illusion here that activity matters most, and that's simply not true.

What makes it worst above all is the abundance "what's your favorite [thing]" which actually don't encourage discussions but end up being full of drive by posts. Now they're fine, but when the section basically consists of these there's a huge problem. No, I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about your favorite video game enemy or NPC or animal or side kick (what?) or whatever. It comes down to the point where I have to criticize someone's choice JUST so there's a discussion going around.

It ruined this section for me. Before, there weren't many people here, but it was great discussing a specific one topic. "Activity" came in and now it's just full of one off threads with one off posts. It gets hard to keep up with threads now with their abundance, and I jst don't bother anymore. Activity? ♥♥♥♥ that. You don't get activity by making millions of thread, you get it by making a quality post that DEMANDS replies. It boils down to "quality over quantity" basically. Now this doesn't bother me anymore because I basically left this place (second time logging in since my declaration of leave, it's progress!) and I just hang around on NeoGAF where this ♥♥♥♥ is unacceptable.

Oh and it does make you look like you're trying hard to become a mod.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    See, my biggest problem with PC is this: Members focus on activity rather than quality of post. As such, I feel like a lot of replies are monotonous, forced and robotic and are there just for the sake of well posting. There's barely any discussions or disagreements made, members just post to answer the topic and leave.

Yes, in that regards, having so many threads is a huge hindrance. Considering PC has a problem where activity is everything, having many threads will make them focus on posting on all of them half assingly rather than focus on a quality post that demands discussion in a single thread, which is more worth than 100 posts about your favorite random things. There's this illusion here that activity matters most, and that's simply not true.

What makes it worst above all is the abundance "what's your favorite [thing]" which actually don't encourage discussions but end up being full of drive by posts. Now they're fine, but when the section basically consists of these there's a huge problem. No, I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about your favorite video game enemy or NPC or animal or side kick (what?) or whatever. It comes down to the point where I have to criticize someone's choice JUST so there's a discussion going around.

It ruined this section for me. Before, there weren't many people here, but it was great discussing a specific one topic. "Activity" came in and now it's just full of one off threads with one off posts. It gets hard to keep up with threads now with their abundance, and I jst don't bother anymore. Activity? ♥♥♥♥ that. You don't get activity by making millions of thread, you get it by making a quality post that DEMANDS replies. It boils down to "quality over quantity" basically. Now this doesn't bother me anymore because I basically left this place (second time logging in since my declaration of leave, it's progress!) and I just hang around on NeoGAF where this ♥♥♥♥ is unacceptable.

Not sure if I should comment on this or not....

Spino, you seem to assume that everyone who comes to PC (which is a few thousand people a day) is capable or wanting to always have deep, meaningful discussions about things. Not everyone can come up with topics that create good discussion. Not everyone is full of deep, critical thoughts of things like you are.

If it bugs you so much, why don't you make threads that stimulate these discussions you desire? Maybe bring it up with the higher staff?

Activity isn't necessarily a bad thing. Slow forums are not fun. I'll admit that there are a few superflous topics (and repeat ones for that matter; we've had 5 ♥♥♥♥ing topics on the Lumiose ghost girl since I've joined) on PC and not just in this section, but its more boring still when people aren't posting at all.

Also, saying that "Before, there weren't many people here, but it was great discussing a specific one topic" may make it seem to some people like you want this section to be an exclusive club for intellectual gamers or something. That's kind of a turn off. And some people may also see this as you picking a fight with elhero, because anyone who's been to this section knows you don't like elhero. I'm not saying that's why you're doing this, but some may see it that way.

And if you have a problem with the thread title, perhaps you could drop the TC a message about it? Or at the very least, mention the issue with the thread title while contributing to the thread topic.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I would pick the Hover Tank from War commander. It can move in all directions, can fire while moving without any disruption to forward movement, it automatically avoids missiles any time they're targeted towards it, it's just pretty freakin awesome all around.

Did I mention that it's a floating tank?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    The Tornado/Tornado 2 from the Sonic the Hedgehog. It can be from a biplane, to a jet fighter, to hell, even a walking robot thing. Pretty cool to me, and badass, too.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?

Just get yourself a Puma instead. I mean, you can't pick up chicks in a tank.

Chocobo, no question. I love them and think they're amazing and I would totally ride one. You ride it so it counts!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Oh and it does make you look like you're trying hard to become a mod.

Spinosaurus, if you have a problem with this user, with how the forum is, etc, you're free to take it up with CQ&F or a higher staff member. Taking it out on a member here who is not hurting anyone by any means comes across as rude and it's completely off topic with this thread, which is ironic since you're complaining about the thread title being irrelevant. I digress. If you have any more concerns about this situation, I'll be more than happy to lend an ear, but posting your grievances in this thread must stop.

Everyone else, carry on.

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
    The Tornado/Tornado 2 from the Sonic the Hedgehog. It can be from a biplane, to a jet fighter, to hell, even a walking robot thing. Pretty cool to me, and badass, too.

definitely this one! ^^

i'd love to be able to fly on a whim and go anywhere and everywhere without going to airports, lol. Cx

Years
    I think a racing ship from the WipEout series, especially a Pir-hana would be pretty awesome to drive. They are much like the F-Zero ships, though they run at slightly slower speeds (making races a tiny bit more safe)

Despite being very dangerous, in my opinion getting to drive a car at supersonic speed is an experience risking your life for

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Actually I thought it was a thread about speed-runs and completion times XD

Hm, in reality, I can't really think of any other type of vehicle other than the karts in Mario Kart like Nolafus mentioned. No other type of vehicle has really caught my eye from other franchises unless you count airships from the Final Fantasy series as one. Oh! How about the flying school in Final Fantasy VIII? That would be pretty cool, LOL.

That was my first thought, too! xD Well, completion times in general as I solely associate speedruns with "taking damage to save time."

Anywhozit.
    Presuming I can have absolutely any vehicle from any game.. I'd either take a Wolfen, because I feel they have a much neater design than Arwings, and also I have a little paper one that I adore. :3
    Or, since Vanille did it first, I'd take The Delphinus from Skies of Arcadia: Legends. I mean, its power rivals that of the gigas, which are supposed to these big, tough Destroyers of World. Also, uh, airship. :P

Back