• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the Video Game Music Above You! (2.0)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    7/10

I like it, but it's a little too mellow for my tastes. However, it does remind me a lot of Borderlands which is never a bad thing in my book.

I just finished playing Shadow of the Colossus for the first time so I had to share this song. Just picture fighting a huge towering behemoth with this song in the background; it's a classic in my eyes.

And of course there's this song from the game as well, which is a little bit of a variant of the first one. It was just too hard to choose which one was better in my opinion xD

Last edited:
    Years
    8/10. I really like the 'epic' kind of tone to it. It reminds me of a movie soundtrack actually. I just can't put my finger on it. Well there's probably plenty of movie themes that sound like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgcq_ZtqbO0

This is the main theme from the Uncharted series. Probably actually my favourite theme from any video game ever.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    8/10

For the first 40 seconds or so of the track I was like "Ok...is this all there is to the song? This aint that great." But then it went somewhere and got better. Based off of the video title, it seems to be for a final boss battle. I think it'd be a bit better as a regular boss battle theme, but whatever.

Soul Nomad - Requiem of Gemini

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Requiem of Gemini: I'll be honest, this is about what I expected -- until the vocals kicked in. Not bad, not bad at all. Maybe not an instant favorite because it was that expected, but I can still give it a passing grade, of about 7/10.

I submit The Top of the World from Rayman 2: The Great Escape (N64 version)

(link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F1vpo8jzmI )

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    *snickers* Dat borderline death metal....not something I'd expect from a Final Fantasy game. 8/10, just for the lulz.

Xenosaga Episode 3 - Fatal Fight

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    8/10.

An Ar no Surge fan? I thought I was the only one here! Anyways, I like EXSPHERE_NOSURGE, but in all honesty the song is very erratic and it's one of the reasons why I'm not too fond of the song. But during the parts of the song when it's just lyrics and hymnos, are very enjoyable especially the part at 1:45 - 2:00.

Ar no Surge - ra-ison d'etre
    (song takes like forty seconds before it really kicks off.)

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    ra-ison d'etre: It starts off kind of unsettling, but that's perfectly okay. I'm not sure how much I'd like it playing the game, but since I'm not... no big deal. The sudden jump in volume toward the ed and that weird "tape warp" cut startled me a little, but it's not like that's necessarily bad. 7.5/10.

Mine's a choice from a rather controversial soundtrack -- it's the Game Boy Advance version of Pokey Pipes from Donkey Kong Country 3! (I like both of the different Pokey Pipes tunes. This one's a lot creepier, but the other one is nice, atmospheric, and less abrasive.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
    5/10. You're right, it's creepy and atmospheric, which are usually things I like from soundtracks, but I'm just not fond of the GBA's sound at all.

I've never played the Zone of the Enders games, but I came across a guy streaming them once and instantly fell in love with the music. I had a hard time deciding which version to post here, but decided on the original. This is Beyond the Bounds.

Last edited:

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
    6/10. It's not bad, but it just doesn't do anything for me.

Let's get some beatmania IIDX up in here. Xepher from IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    I've never really been that into beatmania. Xepher though, is pretty alright, but I really feel like the intro and the main body of the song just don't fit together very well. I can't really say I'd remember too much about it later, either. 6/10 I... guess.

Let's go with the final boss theme from Sonic the Hedgehog 3! In Sonic Generations, this was called Big Arm, but I don't think that that's an official name for this version.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    8/10.

Been awhile since I played Sonic 3, so a lot of the soundtrack is pretty much lost to me. But, it was a nice refresher to hear one of the song again. I like the Final Boss theme, and it sounds great. Especially when it hits around 0:45 - 0:55. Unfortunately, my gripes from the song comes from the fact that the song itself isn't very long. Much of it is repetitive, which doesn't sound bad, but I guess I'm looking for is less repetition. Still love the song though.

Zero no Kiseki Evolution - Arrival Existence

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Arrival Existence: Considering a lot of VGMs consist of fairly short loops (a minute or so for a lot of them), this is a refreshing change. 8/10.

I submit Saber, Everything Is In Her Hands from Fate/Extra CCC:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Every part of the FFX soundtrack is 10/10.

Something from one of the few platformers I like.

Back