• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the Video Game Music Above You! (2.0)

Midorikawa

Ryuusei Trainer
Years
  • 7/10

It had a nice calming tone to it.

Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • 9/10! I've personally been playing a lot of Bravely Default lately so I can't say I can give a bad rating to a game I'm currently really fond of. I personally like the Battle Theme better that's initiated every time you go against a normal enemy, but that's just me.

Going to return back to Shadow of the Colossus, I have the album on my iPod and I have had this song on repeat for awhile. "Swift Horse" is a pretty good song in my opinion, as it steadily builds up to a pretty cool melancholic anthem. In my opinion, I think it's one of the best +90 seconds of composition I've ever heard; check it out.

Years
  • A little generic and energetic considering the tone of the game, but not actively bad, I guess. 5/10. I do like Shadow of the Colossus, though.

Sonic Colors: Planet Wisp, Act 3

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Not bad, not bad at all! Make me want to play Sonic again!

9/10

Click here!
    10/10, that's one of the best songs in Golden Sun. I also like the Karagol Sea sailing theme and another one whose name I can't remember right now.

This is a remix of a game song, but it's pretty great, in my opinion.
    Spoiler:

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • 8.5/10
    Never played Golden Sun, but I like the track. It has a victorious feel to it. Docked a little bit for being short enough that the looping is quickly noticeable, but overall it's a good one.

Now on the opposite end of the scale we have the theme for a boss in Runescape called The Inadequacy:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    That's pretty calm for a boss theme, which is different from most boss themes, so I gotta give it props for that. But I still like more intense boss themes better. 7/10.

From Phantasy Star Zero, IDOLA: The Devil's Shadow

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • 9/10.

I didn't even need to wait to hear the song, haha. The instant I saw the title, I knew exactly what was coming. Anyways, I like the orchestral version of Passion. It goes from fast to slow back to fast pace, yet it doesn't feel out of flow. The hopeful tone the song gives off is very pleasant, and the build-up parts of the song are easily my favourite sections of the song.

Xenoblade Chronicles - Unfinished Battle

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    8/10. That's pretty nice. Just look at me go and give vague-ass responses like that.

Phantasy Star Online 2 - IDOLA: Da Sledge of Destruction

Man, I wish PSO2 would get a Western release, but that's probably not gonna happen now. And I'm getting the urge to play PSO again even though I should really stop playing it.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Bloomsday Blowout sounds like it's music for a boss battle or something. In general, it's pretty tense and epic. Very neat, honestly. 7.5/10

This one is Calling That Detestable Name from the Etrian Odyssey III soundtrack. I've never played any of the Etrian Odyssey games.

Back