• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Actually now that you bring it up he never did have Ludicolo on his team. He had Crawdaunt, Sealeo, Kingdra, Luvdisc, and Whiscash. He later replaces Luvdisc with Lapras for the rematches so I'll cross that one out. His strongest is Kingdra. I want a Mega Kingdra (as can be seen in my bringing it up multiple times in the Mega trend) so I hope that one gets it :3.

Oh, Mega Kingdra would be pretty nice! It'd be nice if it were to gain Attack, should that even happen, and also Speed. To make it seem less overpowered, I think they could remove its Swift Swim ability, and replace it with something else. Intimidate, maybe?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Has anyone considered a Mega Luvdisc happening? Tbh, I find them underrated and should give them more love since it's the Heart Pokemon D:

alomomola = mega luvdisc

I like the idea...they could do what they did with Mawile, another forgettable Pokemon (from the same region even), and make its Mega a crazy powerful force to be reckoned with...give it a special attacking version of Huge Power, and watch haters and the competitive metagame flip tables.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I guess a Mega Luvdisc would be alright, but just weird because it really should have gone Luvdic -> Alomomola -> Mega Alomomola.

Speaking of defensive pink things, imagine a Mega Blissey with a + in Defense. Don't think it would happen but gosh, if it did nothing could stop it haha.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I guess a Mega Luvdisc would be alright, but just weird because it really should have gone Luvdic -> Alomomola -> Mega Alomomola.

Speaking of defensive pink things, imagine a Mega Blissey with a + in Defense. Don't think it would happen but gosh, if it did nothing could stop it haha.

Mmmmmmm I'm thinking of Mega Snorlax.

Mega wobbuffet with +HP could be deadly.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Has anyone considered a Mega Luvdisc happening? Tbh, I find them underrated and should give them more love since it's the Heart Pokemon D:

Oof I can't say I agree miss Gunner. D:

Luvdisc just doesn't have enough going for it and it's base stats are so painfully low... it just seems like it'd be far too hard to give it functionality even with a Mega form. It's Mega would just end up making it look 'normal' next to other Pokemon, you know what I'm saying? Pfff.

Poor neglected heart fish.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Oof I can't say I agree miss Gunner. D:

Luvdisc just doesn't have enough going for it and it's base stats are so painfully low... it just seems like it'd be far too hard to give it functionality even with a Mega form. It's Mega would just end up making it look 'normal' next to other Pokemon, you know what I'm saying? Pfff.

Poor neglected heart fish.

Oh how the irony of it all. Being the Heart Pokemon, Nobody wants it coz of severely low stats D:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Mega Luvdisc would probably be like a special Ninjask - seeing as how Luvdisc has naturally high Speed, it could pull off a Ninjask-like role in setting up then baton passing...unfortunately the poor thing needs a move to be able to do that, and I don't think it does...chance lost. :(

Years
Mega wobbuffet with +HP could be deadly.

But from what I know, Megas don't get increases to HP. Only the other stats.

Still, a Mega Luvdisc? I don't know what designs could emerge from that since it's just a heart, but I think that despite its weak stats it should keep its purpose as a Heart Scale farmer. That's why people hunt the things down, to steal Heart Scales.

Years
That is correct, a Pokemon's HP stat doesn't change after Mega evolving. Would make for some major walls if that wasn't the case, like a potential Mega Blissey. With an HP buff, that thing would be impossible to take out!

Mega Luvdisc seems unlikely to me. Yes it's an overlooked Pokemon in need of something to make it a legitimate team member, but Alomomola totally outclasses it and there's really no need for Luvdisc to get any boost because of that. Unfortunate, because it is a really cute Pokemon haha.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
What do you guys think of the Mega Plusle + Mega Minun rumors? What do you think they'd look like?

I've thought about this too. I think they'd either just gain more fur or become a bit bulkier with Blue/Red bolts or plus/minus signs maybe. Personally I'd like them to appear a little like Pikachu but a bit smaller.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There's a Mega Plusle and Mega Minun rumor? I take that with a grain of salt, because I'm still convinced that the poster containing silhouettes of Sableye, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Flygon, Salamence, Lati@s, and Metagross is legit, due to Mega Sableye, and the only Hoenn Mege Evolutions we'll be getting.

I don't really like the idea of Juan using some Pokémon like Ludicolo, to be honest; in my opinion, it doesn't quite suit him. He might've used it before in RSE, but still.
But it's important for him to use a Hoenn Water type as his ace Pokémon instead of Kingdra, who is already taken by Claire, and having Juan using it on his team will make her less unique as a gym leader.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
There's a Mega Plusle and Mega Minun rumor?

Well unless there's a rumour I don't know of, Plusle & Minun were trademarked around/at the same time as most of the Pokémon that recieved Mega Evolutions in X&Y (along with Jynx) suggesting that they also are getting Mega's.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Actually, I'm recalling that Mega Minun and Mega Plusle 'leak' now that you guys mention it...

It was briefly visible on Serebii's Mega Evo page right? I think we saw Camerupt and Sharpedo too at the same time. But I dunno, I'm finding it hard to believe that info like that could 'accidentally' be coded into that page, you know? It just doesn't make much sense to me...

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
I cant be the only one that doesnt like Mega Evolutions? Heres why, and another thing, which admittedly nobody agrees with me, is I hate the new graphics or graphics engine or whatever that they used in X & Y. It just didnt seem to fit Pokemon's artsyle for me, and not to mention the sprites were lanky and weird (but dont get me wrong, Im just talking about the overworld, battles were fine, better than fine).

How does this tie into ORAS? Well, I had feared the worst for my beloved reigon's remake, and it seems the worst is happening. Judging by the screenshots, it will be the same graphics engine as X & Y, and we will not be getting real evolutions like I had wanted. Tell me your guys thoughts on my opinion, I want to know if everyone outright disagrees with me, or if there is someone out there who does agree with my often called wretched opion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
There's a Mega Plusle and Mega Minun rumor? I take that with a grain of salt, because I'm still convinced that the poster containing silhouettes of Sableye, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Flygon, Salamence, Lati@s, and Metagross is legit, due to Mega Sableye, and the only Hoenn Mege Evolutions we'll be getting.

But it's important for him to use a Hoenn Water type as his ace Pokémon instead of Kingdra, who is already taken by Claire, and having Juan using it on his team will make her less unique as a gym leader.
In that case Mega Whiscash will be the best option for Juan :)
He'll likely still have a normal Kingdra though.

I cant be the only one that doesnt like Mega Evolutions? Heres why, and another thing, which admittedly nobody agrees with me, is I hate the new graphics or graphics engine or whatever that they used in X & Y. It just didnt seem to fit Pokemon's artsyle for me, and not to mention the sprites were lanky and weird (but dont get me wrong, Im just talking about the overworld, battles were fine, better than fine).

How does this tie into ORAS? Well, I had feared the worst for my beloved reigon's remake, and it seems the worst is happening. Judging by the screenshots, it will be the same graphics engine as X & Y, and we will not be getting real evolutions like I had wanted. Tell me your guys thoughts on my opinion, I want to know if everyone outright disagrees with me, or if there is someone out there who does agree with my often called wretched opion.

I personally love the graphics engine in terms of looks. What I don't like is that it drops to a very low frame rate...I miss the 60 fps of the original RSE (and FRLG). Also if you look at the trees you'll see that even though it uses the same engine as XY the trees look more like trees from Sinnoh rather than Kalos in terms of style. The caves still resemble their RSE selves too, as do some of the routes we've seen.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today

I think that the graphics are a nice step up from previous generations; its about time that the main series games went to 3D. I will admit that the graphics could use some polish, particularly in the overworld (and a few move animations need to be fixed), but its a step in the right direction for me. I just hope that ORAS is at least slightly more polished graphically than X/Y. Graphics shouldn't really be what makes or breaks a game anyway, unless the are the most hideous graphics in existence.

And ORAS are remakes, so we wouldn't be getting new evolutions regardless of if Mega Evolution existed or not. New evolutions have never been introduced in remakes.

Years
You can see how ORAS looks in the various trailers that have been released in the past month or so. They can be found here. To me, they look like they've improved a bit from X and Y and are continuing to get used to the drastic change in graphics style that generation 6 underwent. I think it took them long enough to convert the main-series Pokemon games to 3D, and though there are some minor issues, it looks wonderful. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, though. :]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Do you guys think ORAS will take advantage of the pedometer or gyro scope? XY took advantage of the gyro scope with Malamar but that was it. I hope they introduce a fun new mini game using the gyro scope. Not much games use it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back