• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Slaking without Truant would be extremely tough to go up against. If they do have this Pokémon change its ability while mega-evolving, I'd imagine them to reduce some of its stats to make it seem not too over-powered. Defense and Special Defense, maybe? They could also decrease Speed, I suppose, but it's already pretty slow, I believe, so there wouldn't be much point in that.

Actually Slacking is as fast as Mew, Celebi, Victini, Jiranchi, Land forme Shaymin, and the rest of the cute all 100 stat mons. It'll sort of be fitting for the only father in the whole franchise to show up to have the strongest Mega Evolution of a normal Pokemon. Also they could always give it Slow start too. It's not as bad as Traunt (imo) but it also weakens it. It'll fit very well in fact considering it's a slacker xD. Actually if one is smart they can use Protect for the first turn, attack on the second turn, defend again, perhaps risk to defend again or attack, and by the fifth turn a Slow Start Mega Slacking will be at full Power...

Years
  • Mega Slaking without Truant or Slow Start would be absolutely monstrous. It'd be difficult to go up against unless they lowered its base Speed or give it that one Ability Sableye has that makes the Pokemon always go last. (Stall, I think?) If it got Slow Start, I'd imagine they'd remove Protect from its movepool since people could easily defend with it, attack, defend etc. like ^ stated.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Actually Slacking is as fast as Mew, Celebi, Victini, Jiranchi, Land forme Shaymin, and the rest of the cute all 100 stat mons. It'll sort of be fitting for the only father in the whole franchise to show up to have the strongest Mega Evolution of a normal Pokemon. Also they could always give it Slow start too. It's not as bad as Traunt (imo) but it also weakens it. It'll fit very well in fact considering it's a slacker xD. Actually if one is smart they can use Protect for the first turn, attack on the second turn, defend again, perhaps risk to defend again or attack, and by the fifth turn a Slow Start Mega Slacking will be at full Power...

Oh, okay; I had no idea. If that's the case, then it definitely needs some Speed decrease alongside, haha.

Years
  • Mega Slaking without Truant or Slow Start would be absolutely monstrous. It'd be difficult to go up against unless they lowered its base Speed or give it that one Ability Sableye has that makes the Pokemon always go last. (Stall, I think?) If it got Slow Start, I'd imagine they'd remove Protect from its movepool since people could easily defend with it, attack, defend etc. like ^ stated.

Maybe, or maybe GF will overlook the possibility of that strategy. Sadly the strongest move to break through protect is a ghost move...so the weak moves will need to be used.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I feel that Mega Slaking should have a really low Speed stat considering he is already beast in his other stats. Maybe they could introduce an ability that makes his moves always last, except if using priority moves?

Years
  • Truant is really the main thing holding Slaking back from being an absolute beast in competitive battling. Mega Slaking with any ability other than Truant, except something arguably worse like Defeatist of course, would be deadly. Maybe in terms of a concept, it could stand up on two legs like a human, a much more imposing stance than what its model currently is, haha.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Slaking without Truant...

D:

Only one of its stats at this point is below 90... would Mega Slaking need a buff beyond losing Truant? If anything, it should become much slower and possibly get an even lower Sp. Def while keeping its great Attack, Defense, even it's great Sp. Atk stat.

It goes without saying though: if there was a Mega Slaking, as much as I am against Megas, I would use Mega Slaking.

Years
  • Slaking without Truant...

D:

Only one of its stats at this point is below 90... would Mega Slaking need a buff beyond losing Truant? If anything, it should become much slower and possibly get an even lower Sp. Def while keeping its great Attack, Defense, even it's great Sp. Atk stat.

It goes without saying though: if there was a Mega Slaking, as much as I am against Megas, I would use Mega Slaking.
    What will they do with the 100 boost? And if they take away from certain stats all of it could end up going to the already high ones...
    In the end the best thing may be to completely redistribute Slacking's stats to be as balanced as they can be (due to HP likely not being part of the equation). Let's see 770 minus 150 is 620 which divided by 5 results in 124 for every other stat.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • What will they do with the 100 boost? And if they take away from certain stats all of it could end up going to the already high ones...
    In the end the best thing may be to completely redistribute Slacking's stats to be as balanced as they can be (due to HP likely not being part of the equation). Let's see 770 minus 150 is 620 which divided by 5 results in 124 for every other stat.

I'd be OK with Mega Slaking having 124 in every stat bar HP...though it might be a little hard to beat xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Haha, that would be hilarious. Anyway, if they are to give Slaking some mega-form at some point in future, I'm sure they could find some way to make it balanced and not seem over-powered. They know what they're doing, I'm sure.

Years
  • Maybe Norman has a Mega Slaking when you fight him, and he explains Mega evolution the player. Would give him some more relevance in the story line, which he needs - the fact that he's the father of the player and barely does anything at all. I find that a bit unsettling, to be honest. Hopefully they decide to change that in ORAS.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe Norman has a Mega Slaking when you fight him
    That is some scary ♥♥♥♥ right there.

But I do agree that he needs more story involvement. Hoenn is the one and so far only time that the player's father appears in the games; they really need to do more with that otherwise all our characters are gonna have daddy issues.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I'd like to see re-remakes of the "third" games at some point; as for how soon they'll come out, I'm uncertain. Because FRLG are no longer playable on the newer handhelds, it's possible GF will remake the first gen. games yet again and release them soon--maybe around Gen. VII. Conversely, they could also make RGBY available on the eShop. I'd also assume at some point they'll start putting GBA games on the eShop, even if it's for the next generation handheld; if that happens, they can make FRLG available. Thus, the re-remakes could be put off 'til much later, or not happen at all.

Well the 20th anniversary for Pokémon is coming up soon, which will likely be the end of this generation...so maybe that would be a good point to do so...but it'll mean HGSS remakes in 5 or so years...and we just got those...so maybe 25th anniversary for GS. I say the third version as it's easier to just make one game. Heck, they could even release them in the same year as what ever the new games are like how FrLG came out the same year as Emerald 10 years ago in Japan.

Do you think that maybe any R/B/G/Y/FR/LG remakes that GameFreak might release could be released first as their un-remade selves before being updated from Virtual Console games into full-blown remakes? I could certainly see this happen, especially if the company eventually got all of the past games onto the eShop via Virtual Console releases and initial re-remakes and then just cycled through updating them all every once in a while after a generation's main series games have come out.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Maybe Norman has a Mega Slaking when you fight him, and he explains Mega evolution the player. Would give him some more relevance in the story line, which he needs - the fact that he's the father of the player and barely does anything at all. I find that a bit unsettling, to be honest. Hopefully they decide to change that in ORAS.

OMG o.o 770 Base Power, hooolllly ♥♥♥♥. Can we get an ability that makes it truant for 2 turns, if this happens. Because it's almost as strong as Mega Mewtwo. Only by 10 base power. Imagine a Normal Gem boosted Slaking using Giga Impact, that sir is POWER.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The idea of Mega Slaking scares me because balance issues regarding its ability, since a Pokémon's normal ability changes upon Mega Evolution, because how exactly can they make a hindering ability that's worse than the rest?

DJTiki

Years
  • The idea of Mega Slaking scares me because balance issues regarding its ability, since a Pokémon's normal ability changes upon Mega Evolution, because how exactly can they make a hindering ability that's worse than the rest?

Make it immensly slower and change its ability to Defeatist maybe?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Make it immensly slower and change its ability to Defeatist maybe?
    I really can't imagine Slaking being immensely slower, due to the possibly of his Mega Evo being a parody of King Kong, who is pretty agile for his size, just like how Mega Tyranitar, who has a 10-point speed increase, looks somewhat like Space Godzilla, who is also faster than Godzilla himself due to his telekinetic powers in the movie. Defeatist wouldn't nerf him much either if he's too bulky to have his HP cut in half easily.

Years
  • I guess they could always give it a 90 point boost like they did to Alakazam (while everyone else, even Ampharos who also got a 10 point boost got a 100 boost Mega). Also maybe make it a mix attacker? Oh and add in some more bulk. Btw Pinkie is right, it will be difficult to get it to half hp...then it has Slackoff to heal itself...

DJTiki

Years
  • I guess they could always give it a 90 point boost like they did to Alakazam (while everyone else, even Ampharos who also got a 10 point boost got a 100 boost Mega). Also maybe make it a mix attacker? Oh and add in some more bulk. Btw Pinkie is right, it will be difficult to get it to half hp...then it has Slackoff to heal itself...

Let's not have a Slaking mega for EVERYONE's benefit. Even giving it only a 90 point boost would put its base stat total at 760, which is higher than alot of ubers, and just as strong as Mega Mewtwo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back