• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Did You Name Your Rival?

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2020
I've named my rival Gary in every single game I've ever played (except for dang Brendan ugh) just because I watched the anime as a kid, and that's what I knew him as.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I named my rival Gary or Blue. Since I don't really have any names in mind for rival and just a little dedication to the anime and manga :P

Years
I named him Bob Key,don't ask me why.

//=========================================================//
So,I have a Wish,I Wish that someone make a Hack that you is the rival(I'd maek one,but i don't know howand i can't see any tutorial because i'm from Brazil,so my english)

Years
Gary because he's Gary. Might've gone with Green a few times too but Gary's always my go-to; can't see him named anything else.

Years
For anime-nostalgia purposes, I named him Gary the first run through. It definitely gave some personality to the rival that was otherwise absent, haha. After that first time, I went back to my usual protocol and gave him my brothers' name.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I really suck at thinking of names and I had already named my GSC rival something inappropriate so I just went with Gary this time.

CallumDe

PokéNerd_Mobile
Years
I named my rival Harry (my little brother), Chris (my uncle who got me playing pokemon) or Mike (my best friend) or Sven (my actual rival)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I mostly named my villian Gray. But sometime i name him something funny like "CowTheCrus" Or "OuHo Mamma" ha ha

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
I dont know, really depended on the day.
At times I would name him Bub, because damn that's a stupid name, and our rival is just such an utter douchebag, and deserves a name like that.
Or sometimes Id name him Gary, cuz you know, anime Gary Oak, and youve gotta keep in tradition.
And sometimes Id name him something vulgar and offensive, because ♥♥♥♥ him. Like Douche, or Tool.
Or randomly, Id just choose something cool like Kaz.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Before I really understood the whole storyline of pokemon (Red, Green, and Blue). I named him ♥♥♥♥♥er.

greenshrub

what is a tittyass hand
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 27, 2019
I think I just stuck with Gary.
My brother, on the other hand, named him Poop.

The Serious Table

Can't touch this
Years
Omfg. I usually called him F--- she. And myself, f--- I.
Why? You see, when I'd do something for ex. Save the game, it would say "F---! I saved the game." It was so funny. Then again I was 11 so everything was funny.

Back