• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • If I know anything about anything, neither The Fault in Our Stars nor The Edge of Tomorrow will be nominated for any Oscars. At least not important ones outside the realm of visual effects.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I will bet you a lot of money that Boyhood's gonna win best picture. it's got a foogin 100% on rottentomatoes right now (after like 45 reviews or something), and the premise sounds really really cool, and it's Richard Linklater who is already a well-respected filmmaker so. my bet goes to that.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • We actually won't know anything until like November/December when Oscar season starts rolling around. That might be the best pick of the bunch now, but when Oscar season comes in all the Oscar-type films get released and then the people pick pretty much exclusively from them.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • And that is why I wish Summer Blockbusters need to be taken seriously, since it's the only season people pay attention to to determine Hollywood's future in terms of memorable flicks that will forever be used in pop culture references like with JAWS and Jurassic Park.
    public attention does not a great movie make. plenty of people go and see summer blockbusters but does that make them any better? (0;

also there are plenty of films that are the antithesis of a summer blockbuster that are referenced all the time, i.e. Fight Club, American Psycho, Pulp Fiction (although that one's on the fringe)......... etc

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Spiderman doesn't deserve its place at #2 either. I thought it was fantastic, sans the last ten minutes of the movie.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I haven't seen many movies in 2014 yet, but I can't believe some of the movies on there. I know a few have bombed, but I feel like 2014 has had one of the better years in movies in recent memory. A lot of good things coming out.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Spiderman doesn't deserve its place at #2 either. I thought it was fantastic, sans the last ten minutes of the movie.
    Not according to MovieBob/Game Overthinker from the Escapist, who also hated the first ASM movie and defended Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 to justify his hate. They despised ASM2 so much, he wrote this as his title: "The Amazing Spider-Man 2: the Movie that Broke MovieBob."

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Not according to MovieBob/Game Overthinker from the Escapist, who also hated the first ASM movie and defended Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 to justify his hate. They despised ASM2 so much, he wrote this as his title: "The Amazing Spider-Man 2: the Movie that Broke MovieBob."
    Good for MovieBob/Game Overthinker from the Escapist.

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • I haven't been to the cinema to see many films in the past couple years, I don't know why. Does anyone who frequents these areas have any film recommendations to buy on DVD/go to the cinema to see/to watch when they come out in the future? Thank you in advance.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I haven't been to the cinema to see many films in the past couple years, I don't know why. Does anyone who frequents these areas have any film recommendations to buy on DVD/go to the cinema to see/to watch when they come out in the future? Thank you in advance.

That would really depend on the genres of film you enjoy.

I have several movies that are some of my personal favorites, but to each their own. If you let me know what genres you like, I could recommend you some!

My personal favorites include Drive, True Grit, Gran Torino, Pineapple Express, Superbad, Children of Men, and Shaun of the Dead. All of these are available on DVD currently and I highly recommend them.

Drive, True Grit, Gran Torino, and Children of Men are all serious films with very unique stories and atmospheres. Watch Children of Men first for a dystopian end-of-world film. Drive for a surreal, stylized film. True Grit for a great western film. Gran Torino for a revenge/underdog story film.

Pineapple Express, Superbad, and Shaun of the Dead are comedies. Pineapple Express is a stoner comedy. Superbad for a highschool underdog comedy. Shaun of the Dead for British zombie comedy.

Those are just a few of some of my most recommended films! :) Hope they help!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Sorry to break up the topic, but does anyone else feel that the Rita Skeeter Short story JK Rowling made for Pottermore reads like a major hint from her that we're gonna get something new in the HP universe?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • It sure seems like she's, at the very least, keeping the world alive. I think she's testing the waters to see how the fans react to the new short. If it's well-received and people are clamoring for more, neither her or her publisher could say no to another billion-dollar Harry Potter series.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Pretty much yeah. I wanna see where she can go with an adult based Harry Potter series that has no restraints of school years, and maybe facing a bigger or same leveled evil like Voldemort. I always found it ridiculous that only one guy could abuse magic so much like he has, and no else fell to the temptation.

Years
  • I remember watching that announcement on the news the other day, and it sure would be great to see what's next for Harry after the end of Deathly Hallows where he had children. From an article I read, "Harry's marriage to Ginny seems in trouble". If their children are at Hogwarts like they were being sent off to in the final scene, that I would like to see too.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Nah, generation zeox characters plus the same seven book setup would be silly, maybe though she could go forsomething like a multinarrative thing, with some neville chapters to focus on hogarts.

Nah, generation zeox characters plus the same seven book setup would be silly, maybe though she could go forsomething like a multinarrative thing, with some neville chapters to focus on hogwarts.

Years
  • I've kind of been away from the franchise since the release of the 7th book, so I've kind of managed to avoid Harry Potter oversaturation, and only recently sat through a movie marathon with my cousin, who only recently finished book seven for the first time, so I'm kind of at a point where my body is ready for more Harry Potter.

NO MORE HARRY POTTER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you completely and ask Rowling "GOT ANYMORE OF THAT HARRY POTTER STUFF?"

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
  • Harry Potter is one of those franchises which I prefer film > print. My body just disagrees with immense amounts of dialogue ;_; But my, that Rita Skeeter short was a nice read.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back