• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] CLOUD v2.0 [T] [OOC/SU]

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years

[OFFLINE]

FULL NAME: Kai Song

DATE OF BIRTH: 07/15/2006, age 19

CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: Kyoto, Japan

APPEARANCE:
Spoiler:

Kai is actually rather average in appearance, having black hair, which he keeps about neck length, and brown eyes. His face is slightly chubby, though not enough to convey a sense of overweight, and his mouth is a bit wide. He stands at about 5'6", though usually he can be seen slouching, and walking with his head down. He usually wears his school's uniform, though in a much more informal style; a preference that often gets him in trouble. He is a lanky boy, and not very strong, but a naturally fast metabolism allows him to maintain a thin figure despite his large appetite.

[ONLINE]

USERNAME: Arathor

CURRENT LEVEL: 273

GUILD: N/A

ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS:
•Reached semi-finals in Acid Arena championships.
•Currently holds the record for furthest floor cleared in a dungeon as a solo party.

DAEMON APPEARANCE:
Spoiler:

Arathor is approximately a head taller than most, at 6'5", though he has the build and proportions to make his height seem appropriate. His skin is a dark tan, and he is perfectly toned. Arathor's face is strong, with well defined features and prominent cheekbones. His eyes are a piercing grey, which seems to almost shine. Arathor's hair is around shoulder length, and pitch black, the same color as his large wings. Thankfully, these wings do not take up much space when folded, though they extend almost fully to the ground. He usually wears leather armor, as he never was one for anything flashy or heavy, and carries dual katanas as weapons. He keeps one of these sheathed at his left hip, the other on his back, the hilt above his right shoulder.

[OTHER]

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:
It was time. Right as the digital clock on his bedside table hit 23:59, Kai was ready. He slid the DREAMSCAPE helmet onto his head, and prepared to start up.

The reason behind his logging in at such an ungodly hour was a simple conversation he had overheard a few days ago. He had been logged into the CLOUD network via his cell at the time. Apparently rumors were floating around about a new update, and it had been heard that players logging in between 0:00 and 0:01 would see a sneak peek as to what this update might be.

CLOUD was almost Kai's life. Aside from a few RPG's that he still played with his friends once a week or so and school, Kai was logged on, whether it be through his laptop, his cell phone, or his personal favorite, the DREAMSCAPE Virtual Reality system. The idea that there may be something special limited to a select group of members... It made Kai's heart pound with excitement just thinking about it.

With a final deep breath as the clock struck midnight, Kai pressed the start button on the console, and was instantly transported to the world of CLOUD.

As opposed to the usual start area, Kai, or in the game's case Arathor, found himself in a large arena. He was in the stands, and as he watched, users from around the world began appearing with him. Within a few moments, the stadium was full.

Kai was nearly exploding with tension. This had to mean the rumor was true... And as the clock struck the first minute on the new day, an unfamiliar user appeared in the center of the stadium. He leaned forward as the user began speaking.

"Greetings, players! My real name is not important, but you may call be by my username, ICARUS. As you may already know, the brand new update for CLOUD will soon be here. Many have been excited about the news of a 'revolution' and your enthusiasm is not in vain. Tonight's announcement grants all users present a secret item and a hint at what the new update will be."

The moment the user was finished, he noticed a new message, most likely from one of his friends. Upon further inspection, though, he found that it was blank, and contained a single item: a key.

Kai looked at the strange key as it appeared in his hand. A brief glance at the individuals near him revealed that it was unique, or at least as far as he could tell.

As other users began logging out, Kai sighed. It appeared as though that would be all for tonight. With a flick of his hand, Kai opened the DREAMSCAPE's menu, and logged out.

Kai sat up in his bed. He could still feel the weight of that strange key in his hand. It wasn't, of course, but virtual reality tended to leave after-sensations from his experience. With a yawn, he stored his DREAMSCAPE in its usual place on his bedside table, and flopped down onto his back, staring at the ceiling. This was going to be quite the interesting ride indeed...

MISCELLANEOUS:
Kai is a rather shy individual, usually used to being alone, and from a young age had a knack for the complexities of Roleplaying games. Whether it was virtual, such as his first copy of Dragon Soul, a fantasy RPG that he had been gifted on his fifth birthday, or physical, like the old Dungeons and Dragons game that his uncle had explained was older than he was, something about complex stories and riveting action clicked with the boy. He was always sharp, and though while in character he could be as sociable as ever, in the real world he rarely spoke. He did alright through school, though not as exceptional as he could have done, and often passed on opportunities to meet new people. When at home, Kai spent most of his time playing games, which he saw as the only place that he could be successful, and upon the introduction of DREAMSCAPE, he was almost always in full dive.

This upset his parents, who saw the games as a waste of their son's time and intellect. Many a fight occurred in the house between the time he entered High School and the time he moved out on his own. He was approximately 16 at the time, and moved in with a friend who lived closer to the center of Kyoto, his hometown.

It was there that his friend introduced him to CLOUD, and Kai was instantly hooked. The fact that he could not only play PvP and Dungeon Crawls, but also do so while making friends was more than the shy Kai could ever ask for.

While in CLOUD, Kai acts much like he would while playing a game of Dungeons and Dragons: he is a fearless protector of those weaker than him, a kind friend, and an outspoken individual. Part of this is a facade, an automatic mask that Kai puts on to impress people, but most is just what Kai would normally do if he could get over his shyness.

THEME SONG:
Celldweller - The Wings of Icarus (ft. James Dooley)

CSS by DeathofShadows

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
In my description of Luke I explained that he shifted a lot from guild to guild in order to accompany other guilds on missions and to supply them with certain goods along the road, therefore often people don't think he has a guild. It's just one of those things maybe a couple of people comment on, but the people who do know about the guild come up with theories as to why only Luke is in it. I just want it to be one big mystery for everyone even myself to be perfectly honest, give me something to evolve and adapt as I rp.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@DemonicWolf alright, ill add you and your guild to the list!

@DeathofShadows looking good so far! you might wanna go through your SU again though: this RP is set in 2025 and you've made a few mention to modern 2014 things. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hmmm maybe team Rika-Dave-Shawn should make up a quest of our own then hmmmmm!

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I have a couple of questions. Is it possible for Luke to go straight to Deep Forest by himself to retrieve the sphere that grants him telekinetic abilities since this will be his only weapon or is it impossible? I'm a bit confused. Also can you just make up classes or is there a set list of classes, as I was thinking of Traveller as Luke's class?

Last edited:

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years
If you are referencing the first part of my MISC section, I have an intention for that.

DnD may not be as it is now, and would most likely be on sixth or seventh edition at the time, but his uncle would be in his teen years during the 2014 era. Therefore, I was imagining that his uncle had been playing for a long time, and still had the core rulebooks for the 2014 era versions, though they may be older.

As for mentioning Zelda, it was the first franchise I could think of that has the possibility of continuing that long and still being popular. I'll change that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I'm done Maddy, hopefully it's good now.
Cool! I'll chat with Sentinel when he gets on later. :)

I have a couple of questions. Is it possible for Luke to go straight to Deep Forest by himself to retrieve the sphere that grants him telekinetic abilities since this will be his only weapon or is it impossible? I'm a bit confused. Also can you just make up classes or is there a set list of classes, as I was thinking of Traveller as Luke's class?
telekinetic abilities i would assume would be a high levelled item! luke would be seeing any of his own abilities until later on in the game.

you can definitely make up your own classes, but im using as a nice guide the classes from final fantasy tactics A2

If you are referencing the first part of my MISC section, I have an intention for that.
mainly mentioning date of birth, but sure! d:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
what is your character's plan? i already have my post done, just waiting on the official approval, but i was gonna make cosmic head towards green hill since she's alone. she's hoping to run into some low level monsters, do some grinding and see if the village holds anymore quests. if shaka was heading that way too i'd be happy to party up<3

sounds like a plan :3 when you enter the portal he'll just be standing there looking in his inventory and then we can jp our second posts

Years
oh damn, i actually just started a jp with ozy last night >o<;; i'm gonna see if he would mind shaka joining. i'm so sorry D:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Hey guys! Sorry about the absence. I had band camp this week, and I survived, so that's good. I have a V-neck sunburn and everything to prove it too! But I'll get back to it right away.

Years
mmk fantastic, ozy and i's jp is about to be posted. we left it open so shaka can jump in c: then i guess after you post, we can all 3 jp?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Looking good y'all! Me and Dave have finally started another JP ;) we'll be doing something something in the forest something.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Nathan and DeathofShadows, you're accepted! You're free to post now! :)

The area that the first part of the RP took place was a room of the foyer dungeon! it resembles the foyer of a castle d:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Skymin, would it be acceptable if I changed my daemon this early? Short version of why is I'm eating myself alive over it (It's just a Animus thing, don't try and understand it!)

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years
Well... I just read the full story on the IC. All I can say is that it looks quite familiar... And that I now understand why you didn't allow the Sword Art Online plot to coincide with this world. XD

But on another note... Should I change my intro post? I feel that mine really didn't capture the scene as it should be. Unless it would be best if I were to just add that information to my first post in the IC.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Skymin, would it be acceptable if I changed my daemon this early? Short version of why is I'm eating myself alive over it (It's just a Animus thing, don't try and understand it!)
As I've mentioned before, once you are not in engaged in battle or in any danger, you can edit your DAEMON from the the menu in your HUD. :)

Well... I just read the full story on the IC. All I can say is that it looks quite familiar... And that I now understand why you didn't allow the Sword Art Online plot to coincide with this world. XD

But on another note... Should I change my intro post? I feel that mine really didn't capture the scene as it should be. Unless it would be best if I were to just add that information to my first post in the IC.
Are you talking about your rp sample? because that should have been the pre-announcement! i've got all the information for the story so far on the OPs (first part in the OOC, the rest in the IC), so make sure you read that too!

as for our new guys, you guys got skype? we have a cloud skype group as well :)

and one last thing: please don't forget The Last Sentinel and I are co-GMs! So any questions can be made out to him as well! O:

Back