• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

persian_17

Trainer
Years
  • i found some bugs using gba4ios,

1. Mummy ability - the game freezes whenever i use an attack to pokemon with this ability. and if the pokemon with mummy ability faints in one attack the game crashes.
    2. Gooey ability - occasionally mentions that the pokemon with gooey is the one getting speed lowered, but the the effect is correct. (the attacker does have the lowered stat)
    3. Snow Warning ability - often mentions the opponent's ability instead of Snow Warning

BTW i like your rom base, this is the best one to date! :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Found a bug:
    Blizzard has no description.
    But I'm not sure, because I applied JPAN's hacked engine, maybe it deleted it or something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Strangely, every ability I tried is a Drizzle clone. Is there any way to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2024
    Great base!
    However, I have a quick question. Is the eviolite hard-coded to only work for the unevolved pokemon slots? Or can it possibly work for any pokemon that can evolve? (so for example, if a cottonee was in zapdos's slot for some reason, would eviolite grant the boosts or not?

Okay, checked on my own accord, the evolite dosen't seem to be working at all. I don't know if it was something I did with the rom, but the evolite didn't make a difference when I was testing it out with ivysaur.

Okay, checked the base ROM, seems like something I did "disabled" it somehow, because it's working fine on the unmodified base. I mainly edited the attacks and type chart, so I'm thinking one of those two things did it.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Great base!
    However, I have a quick question. Is the eviolite hard-coded to only work for the unevolved pokemon slots? Or can it possibly work for any pokemon that can evolve? (so for example, if a cottonee was in zapdos's slot for some reason, would eviolite grant the boosts or not?

I wouldn't say it's hard coded, it just reads the evolution table and if the Pokemon with the eviolite has en evolution it works. So this means if you replace an existing Pokemon with a new one and give it an evolution, it'll work.

Hi, I'm new here, so, I want to thank you to your great hack, it's awesome, but I found a little bug. When I use the choice specs, the game freeze immediately, I looked the list of bug and it's not already report.
    I hope it will be helpful
    i found some bugs using gba4ios

Thanks, I've found most of these bugs already! Just been working on fixes now. I think I'll release a quick bug fix patch soon. In the mean time here is a list of bug fixes that I've made! Just open up a hex editor and change the values mentioned.

Bug Fixes
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    What should I really do about the every ability is Drizzle thing? Literally every ability I tried has Drizzle's effect.

MrDollSteak

Years
  • Can anyone help me with the PGE problem?

Have you put the PGE ini in.

What should I really do about the every ability is Drizzle thing? Literally every ability I tried has Drizzle's effect.

No one else has reported this, I think it's a problem with your rom / emulator.
    Just repatch it to a blank fire red rom.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Turns out the Drizzle thing is an error I made to the rom. I patched a blank ROM first with 1.4a, then again with 1.5, and the Drizzle bug came again. Maybe put a warning saying not to do that? I'm not sure if any other person got this issue so I don't know if it is only happening to me. I was using the latest version of VBA for testing, and when I patched a blank rom with ONLY 1.5, the bug did not occur.

MrDollSteak

Years
  • Turns out the Drizzle thing is an error I made to the rom. I patched a blank ROM first with 1.4a, then again with 1.5, and the Drizzle bug came again. Maybe put a warning saying not to do that? I'm not sure if any other person got this issue so I don't know if it is only happening to me. I was using the latest version of VBA for testing, and when I patched a blank rom with ONLY 1.5, the bug did not occur.

If you look at the post it says

If you have already applied Version 1.4a use the .ips patch located in the folder "1.4a Update".

This does not cause the bug, you should make sure to follow the instructions next time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Derped there for a second. Anyways, thanks for the help! I can now continue to work on my rom again.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    It might be worthwhile keeping a log of space this patch will occupy, and how much space you plan to use and where. It could save a lot of hackers with compatibility issues. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    So I patched a Fire Red Version with this patch and a Moemon one, then I ran it through the Universal randomizer, then changed some of the wild pokemon with advance map before puting the ROM in the NOR of my 3in1 expansion pack...

It seems to work fine except that I don't have the fairy type...What can I do?

Ok after patching first with the update to 1.4a and then the one to 1.5...I have the fairy type now...

I hope all this patching won't cause glitches in the long run...but I don't know yet since I'm only route 22 with my starter...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Great! 1.5 is out! The new moves are helping out a lot, but I realized something, the blank slots for extra moves can easily be used! For example, a move like Spacial Rend or Roar of Time isn't in the patch, but can be easily added since all the effects are in the game (minus the attack animation)! I'm guessing those moves won't take long to be implemented, if the effect is already in the game, right? This applies to a lot of moves not in the patch (Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order, Seed Flare, etc.)!

To simplify it, Defend Order raises Vespiquen's Defense and Special Defense stat by one. In the game, there is already a move with the same effect. This means, a lot of the moves not in the game so far should be easy to add except the animation for the attack!

Would this help you in any way? There are 612 legit moves in the game so far (617 if you count the 5 hacked moves). If there are around 500 moves in the most recent update, another 30 or 40 could easily be done with this method!

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I come bearing gifts. INI settings for Jambo51's Unnamed Trainer Editior!

Add the following to the end of TrainerEditor.ini, with proper spacing as indicated between ROM versions in the ini:
    Spoiler:

Some names appear to be blank when I load this ROM in UTE under any name though.

EDIT: Oh wait, my eyes just fooled me is all... I was looking at names that were blank in all ROMs. UTE and the INI additions work perfectly. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    I don't know if it's my fault or what but pokemon have the wrong ability...

Ralts has :swift swim/rock head
    Zigzagoon has quick feet
    Tailow has Scrappy
    Wishmur doesn't have soundproof...

MrDollSteak

Years
  • It might be worthwhile keeping a log of space this patch will occupy, and how much space you plan to use and where. It could save a lot of hackers with compatibility issues.

IIRC I've already said in quite a few places that the only free space I take is in the 900000-980000 region. Just to avoid any problems I recommend NOT patching this to an existing hack.

So I patched a Fire Red Version with this patch and a Moemon one, then I ran it through the Universal randomizer, then changed some of the wild pokemon with advance map before puting the ROM in the NOR of my 3in1 expansion pack...

It seems to work fine except that I don't have the fairy type...What can I do?

Ok after patching first with the update to 1.4a and then the one to 1.5...I have the fairy type now...

I hope all this patching won't cause glitches in the long run...but I don't know yet since I'm only route 22 with my starter...

What? You're not supposed to put the 1.4a one, then the 1.5 one. The file in 1.4a update is only used if your ROM is currently at 1.4a. What you should do is patch 1.5, then the Moemon one. I'm not sure if they're compatible so check with Locksmitharmy's Patch checker (it's really good).

Great! 1.5 is out! The new moves are helping out a lot, but I realized something, the blank slots for extra moves can easily be used! For example, a move like Spacial Rend or Roar of Time isn't in the patch, but can be easily added since all the effects are in the game (minus the attack animation)! I'm guessing those moves won't take long to be implemented, if the effect is already in the game, right? This applies to a lot of moves not in the patch (Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order, Seed Flare, etc.)!

To simplify it, Defend Order raises Vespiquen's Defense and Special Defense stat by one. In the game, there is already a move with the same effect. This means, a lot of the moves not in the game so far should be easy to add except the animation for the attack!

Would this help you in any way? There are 612 legit moves in the game so far (617 if you count the 5 hacked moves). If there are around 500 moves in the most recent update, another 30 or 40 could easily be done with this method!

There are 512 moves available. I only have 21 left, I'm not going to waste it on signature moves for Legendaries and other Gen 4-6 Pokemon.

But as you will note, I have in my download a file which tells you how to make new moves, which you can then add to the empty slots yourself (make sure you start from the bottom-up).

I don't know if it's my fault or what but pokemon have the wrong ability...

Ralts has :swift swim/rock head
    Zigzagoon has quick feet
    Tailow has Scrappy
    Wishmur doesn't have soundproof...

This will be your fault, no one else has reported/experienced this. I'm not entirely sure what you've done. Try patching 1.5 to a blank fire red rom.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Wait, there's more!

Here's UTE's INI in a file form. All entries are there, so just copy it over the original. Also, I made up an INI file for G3T (Gen 3 Tools). Just throw MrDS.ini in the "Roms Data" folder and everything should work.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • IIRC I've already said in quite a few places that the only free space I take is in the 900000-980000 region. Just to avoid any problems I recommend NOT patching this to an existing hack.

What? You're not supposed to put the 1.4a one, then the 1.5 one. The file in 1.4a update is only used if your ROM is currently at 1.4a. What you should do is patch 1.5, then the Moemon one. I'm not sure if they're compatible so check with Locksmitharmy's Patch checker (it's really good).

There are 512 moves available. I only have 21 left, I'm not going to waste it on signature moves for Legendaries and other Gen 4-6 Pokemon.

But as you will note, I have in my download a file which tells you how to make new moves, which you can then add to the empty slots yourself (make sure you start from the bottom-up).

This will be your fault, no one else has reported/experienced this. I'm not entirely sure what you've done. Try patching 1.5 to a blank fire red rom.

Shouldn't you move to Jambo51's Moveset Hack Later in time to support all of the moves.... i Know it's a pain in the ass since it would require redoing all of the movesets but in the end, wouldn't it be worth it?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Shouldn't you move to Jambo51's Moveset Hack Later in time to support all of the moves.... i Know it's a pain in the ass since it would require redoing all of the movesets but in the end, wouldn't it be worth it?

Actually, not really. The thing is, all the moves that go on the Rombase came from one singular community thread of move resources, which is found here. Jambo's Moveset Hack, as far as I know, requires the users to input their own animations. Besides MrDollSteak is just making it easier for anyone who doesn't use this as a hacking base, to just have decapitalization, Fairy types and new moves that they can play through normally, besides Jambo's research was used here.

So this Rombase doubles up as a hacking base for hackers and a neat little improvement on the game for people who just want to play it. In all, it is all a convienent tool and rombase for everyone to obtain. While Jambo's supports alot, it does require alot user input on their part and doesn't support GH3S as well as MrDollSteak's Attack and Rombase :)

Last edited:
    Back