• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Elemental trio

Years
The weather trio is a fan term for the Legendary trio made up of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. A less commonly used fan term is elemental trio. Kyogre is a Water giant, having control over oceans, Groudon is a Ground beast controlling land, and Rayquaza is a Flying Dragon, controlling the atmosphere.

Which one was your favorite? Did you like the special battling cutscene?

My favorite is Rayquaza, also being my favorite Pokemon. It just looks like it could destroy everything with barely any effort.

Weather_trio_cutscene.png

Years
To this day, Groudon is still my favorite, as I have mentioned quite a few times. A land titan with a design that looks sort of mechanical is really neat, and its Attack stat is quite strong. Although it doesn't make as much use of its trait as Kyogre does its, Groudon has always stood out to me.

Years
Kyogre is definitely my fave of the three, because I love blue Pokemon (it's my fave color yo) and Water is my fave type. It was weird that I never played Sapphire much during the era of the original Hoenn games, so that was a bit of an incentive for me to play Alpha Sapphire when the remakes finally came around.

Years
Maybe I'm biased towards it because all I really played was Sapphire, but Kyogre's definitely my favorite out of the three. Just design-wise I love it the most. Maybe color-wise as well? I mean, Groudon's okay, but I still prefer Kyogre over it. And then I've just never been a big fan of Rayquaza for some reason.

Sirfetch’d

I played Ruby originally and was always jealous of my brother who had Sapphire because I adored Kyogre so much <3 Once I bought Emerald and finally got to use it I was so happy haha. Kyogre is not only my favorite of the trio but my favorite box legendary of all time n_n

Years
I did enjoy the cut scene because rayquaza just looks like a beast pokemon and being able to see a legendary in action (even if it's for a few seconds) is pretty amazing and was a perfect part of the game. Rayquaza being my favorite of course and also it has an amazing shiny form.

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
Years
Kyogre has always been my favorite. I love killer whales, so naturally I'd love Kyogre. <3 I always loved the Emerald cutscene, as it is the only time seeing all of them together. It makes me sometimes wish that Gamefreak would've remade Emerald, instead...

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
Rayquaza is my fave. :)
I love it's design, and it's shiny pallete is also cool. Well, the colors are just darker, but that's what I like about it! :D

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I loved the battling cutscene; I was so amazed the first time I saw it! My personal favorite is Rayquaza, it's been a longtime favorite and its design and role as a sort of mediator between Groudon and Kyogre at the same time being an air guardian gave more of an impact to me than the other two.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
My favorite among the trio is Kyogre! I love Water-types and Kyogre caught my eyes the moment I saw the Japanese Sapphire cover box.
ubeTslt.png

I want this Pokémon I told myself, after a decade here I am and I still love Kyogre! ^_^

Years
Kyogre.

Rayquaza is straight out of the question for me, no matter how powerful it, and especially it's mega evolution, are. I've always hated it's design, the colour and patterns on it have never really appealed to me. Groudon isn't as bad, the colour looks a bit nicer and it does look very good in Primal form. The black lines, let's call them, on it's back are nothing too flashy and go well with it's main colour.

Kyogre looks amazing, in my eyes. The colours match, they stand out and it all goes so well together. Don't even get me started on it's Primal form. I honestly think that Primal Kyogre is the best looking Pokemon overall. Kyogre is a friendly Pokemon in general, even given it's lethal powers, which it only uses when confronted by Groudon.

Spoiler:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
My favorite? Rayquaza. Emerald was memorable to me, because you have to get him to stop Groudon and Kyogre! The scene struck out, he easily broke up the fight between them with an epic entrance and a roar! like a Mama scolding her young-lings What a badass.

I love both Groudon and Kyogre, most especially the latter. The design, the color and the type! Still, the one that grabbed the favorite spot is Rayquaza. /jazz hands.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
My favorite of the three is probably Kyogre, probably because I love the sea and everything to do with it. And as a kid, the cutscene was SO EPIC to me!!!! I loved it!

Back