• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever faked being sick to not go somewhere?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Nope, never did. Back when I was a kid my mom had a policy that if you stay home sick, no TV, no video games, no manga, no nothing. Just stay in bed, rest, and eat soup and drink water. So yea...staying home would have been no fun, so I never even bothered trying xD

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I did this all the time in high school. It's damn easy to pull off if you know how to make yourself sneeze -- not only does mom hear you sneezing, but it makes your eyes and nose run once you do. Can't beat it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    There was one time when I tried doing that to get sent home early before my teacher checked homework and failed miserably. Right before I got sent home she asked me for my homework so I had no choice but to reply with 'nope don't have it'. Shouldn't have tried to begin with lmao.

Then there was one time when I told my dad that I felt sick (I'm pretty sure it was a fake story of me being sick) and stayed home. But then after the weekend I actually did feel sick but my dad sent me to school. Needless to say that I threw up first period and was sent home within an hour of school starting haha. Live and learn, I guess.

Other than those two instances I can't say I remember pretending to be sick. Knowing me I probably have though.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Did that yesterday so I didn't have to go into work lol. Pretended I had food poisoning and went to the beach instead. Considering Massachusetts had been hit so hard over the winter with snow, there was no way I was giving up such a glorious day as the one yesterday working.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I did it quite a lot as a kid to get out of going to school and/or church, but I rarely do it now, maybe one or two times. I think the last time I used that excuse was to stay home and sleep.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I've done it in the past a couple of times, but not anymore. Mostly I just don't show up and don't care if I don't want to go somewhere now. It's generally because there's no particularly strong incentive for me to come anyway. vwv

Years
    Back in high school, I was so addicted by some video game (can't remember which), and when Mom started to wake me, I said that I have a "cough." She notified my teacher, and I played my video game. Feels really guilty tho.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    I rarely do that since missing literally one day can just make life more stressful and like, the flow of homework coming in is just endless so even if I stayed at home, my soul would be filled with worry/anxiety for what I'll be missing out. Tough luck being a student.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    In primary school I didn't have to fake being sick, as I was ill very often. I don't think I really faked illness later, but I did make my status appear a little worse than it actually was, making a small illness or being really tired look like I was completely ill. I never abused to go somewhere else, I didn't feel completely well and just took the day to rest in my room, sometimes lying on the couch making puzzles in the afternoon.
    Nowadays I can't afford to miss a class, when my alarm tells me to go, I simply have to go.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    of course i have. i would especially do it in high school; it wasn't really important anyway. i try to avoid doing that now though, since i have to take my obligations much more seriously.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Never. I go to places, sick or well. It doesn't matter how I feel. I think faking an illness to get out of something is stupid, and I always will.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Well usually I actually don't feel well when I chose not to go somewhere. But sometimes I do lie about not feeling well, but that's because I don't like going out most of time anyways.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I used to do this when I was really young. But then once I got to a certain age, I crossed the "I'm going to pretend I'm sick!" phase and entered the "I'm just going to say no." one.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    I never do that because my parents do not believe me and if i told/fake them a lie I got caught after sometime.So I never do that ever again in my life.I'm very lenient though :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I used to do this when I was really young. But then once I got to a certain age, I crossed the "I'm going to pretend I'm sick!" phase and entered the "I'm just going to say no." one.
    Basically this, not much more to it. I'm pretty sure everyone has done it at some point but there comes a time when you realise that saying "no" is just a heck of a lot easier.

Back