• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the IDEA DUMP thread

Years
  • That sounds good, by then I'll have finished all my exams and be well on my holiday :D we could plan all the details and the nitty-gritty bits by then, before premiering the release in July.

If you need any help with it feel free to contact me, although I dunno of I'd be able to participate.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I've been wanting to take part in a fantasy-themed role play for quite some time now, but have never been able to get all the details and plot straight. Something that would keep characters close together for interaction, yet with enough space for individual development. Not much of an idea, I know, but if someone ever decides to make one of these.... I'll be the first one to show up.

Do you mind expanding on what you mean by "fantasy"? It's just that fantasy a genre that encompasses a lot and a lot falls underneath it, do you mean high fantasy, low fantasy, modern-day fantasy, super-hero fantasy, etc.?

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • Do you mind expanding on what you mean by "fantasy"? It's just that fantasy a genre that encompasses a lot and a lot falls underneath it, do you mean high fantasy, low fantasy, modern-day fantasy, super-hero fantasy, etc.?

I was referring to a high-fantasy type of setting, like something akin to lotr, for example. Sorry for being so confusing!

Years
  • So, I thought I'd present an idea I had. Kudos if you can make it work.

Roleplaying as a plant. Everyone starts out as a seed and chooses how they grow each week, writing a diary entry for the plant. GM decides what upgrades are available on a weekly basis for each plant. The end result? Depends on what kind of plant you are. Cure cancer? Sure. Connect every living organism in an organically-linked network? Go for it. Zombifying the human population's your thing? Why not?

I'm sure there's plenty more of fleshing-out this idea needs - what world it's implemented in, how much danger each plant is in, etc. Thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm impressed.
    I am not exactly sure how this RP could work in regards to mechanics but this is such a unique and creative idea I would love to see it appear and thrive.

Years
  • Ooh! Another idea, one so simple that I'm sure someone has thought about it before, but I haven't seen it yet, so here goes.

Game of Thrones roleplay.

Set in Robert's rebellion? After King Robert's death? In a possible future? The possibilities are endless, my friends. Then again, it would be quite a challenge for the GM to manage a Westeros-sized RP, complete with armies, economies, etc.

Thought I'd throw it out there.

I believe Klippy has one in the works.
    He did at one point but it might have been ditched in favour of his GoT mafia.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The time police rp. A group of time traveling/universe hopping friends go through PC's multiple RPs and take on a twisted version of a major event that occured within. For example, the time police visit gunpowder at the time of Rex and the culebras. Their mission is to kill rex before he can do the thing. Think kinda like Kingdom Hearts or that new dragonball z game but not so serious.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
    Years
  • Here's an idea I had in my head, but never the time or energy to see it through. Feel free to use, abuse, or otherwise remake this. If you ever need help with CSS though I am happy to oblige!

the Tower: New World Rising

Toward the end of the twenty first century, the entire societal structure of the world collapsed. Mass panic spread throughout the countries as economies declined, governments were overrun, and morality all but disappeared. It became hard to tell humanity apart from the animals.

The last stronghold city of New Haven became a center for re-purposing life. There, a group on individuals rebuilt a line of command, and drew up new world orders to establish a rule over the remaining population. They set up giant steel walls around the city to keep certain influences out...

...and to keep people in.

At the heart of this stronghold was a monumental building known as The Tower. Here, the neo government ruled over New Haven with a watchful eye. It is said that on the very top lies a large rotating camera that oversees all happenings in the city. Down in the streets and among buildings there are smaller versions of this design. Someone is always watching. Their new world order is strict. Any defiance from their laws is punishable without trial.

Those who protect and serve the code of conduct are know as The Syndicate. They are comprised of lowly officers, high ranking business men, special operatives, and those with vested interest in the trade. They believe that this new world order brings peace and security. These agents fear a second collapse, and will do everything in their power to keep that from happening.

On the other hand, fighting for a different sort of freedom, are The Insurgency. Ordinary people from all walks of life make up this rebellion. They believe in a freedom of choice, whether it is to leave, to speak, or to express. They organize underground in the sewage systems, away from the watchful eyes of The Tower. A place where there are no cameras, and no new world order. Though the first collapse took years to overcome, they believe that a second one would be preferable to what became of it.

The key to the next collapse lies within The Tower.

One seeks to defend, and one seeks to destroy.

Questions is, who is to say which way is right and which way is wrong?

"Would you fight to save a broken city?"

Years
  • Here's an idea I had in my head, but never the time or energy to see it through. Feel free to use, abuse, or otherwise remake this. If you ever need help with CSS though I am happy to oblige!

Toward the end of the twenty first century, the entire societal structure of the world collapsed. Mass panic spread throughout the countries as economies declined, governments were overrun, and morality all but disappeared. It became hard to tell humanity apart from the animals.

The last stronghold city of New Haven became a center for re-purposing life. There, a group on individuals rebuilt a line of command, and drew up new world orders to establish a rule over the remaining population. They set up giant steel walls around the city to keep certain influences out...

At the heart of this stronghold was a monumental building known as The Tower. Here, the neo government ruled over New Haven with a watchful eye. It is said that on the very top lies a large rotating camera that oversees all happenings in the city. Down in the streets and among buildings there are smaller versions of this design. Someone is always watching. Their new world order is strict. Any defiance from their laws is punishable without trial.

Those who protect and serve the code of conduct are know as The Syndicate. They are comprised of lowly officers, high ranking business men, special operatives, and those with vested interest in the trade. They believe that this new world order brings peace and security. These agents fear a second collapse, and will do everything in their power to keep that from happening.

On the other hand, fighting for a different sort of freedom, are The Insurgency. Ordinary people from all walks of life make up this rebellion. They believe in a freedom of choice, whether it is to leave, to speak, or to express. They organize underground in the sewage systems, away from the watchful eyes of The Tower. A place where there are no cameras, and no new world order. Though the first collapse took years to overcome, they believe that a second one would be preferable to what became of it.

Amazing idea notwithstanding, you should contribute to the template thread immediately.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The time police rp. A group of time traveling/universe hopping friends go through PC's multiple RPs and take on a twisted version of a major event that occured within. For example, the time police visit gunpowder at the time of Rex and the culebras. Their mission is to kill rex before he can do the thing. Think kinda like Kingdom Hearts or that new dragonball z game but not so serious.
    That's an amazing idea! Event, perhaps?

Here's an idea I had in my head, but never the time or energy to see it through. Feel free to use, abuse, or otherwise remake this. If you ever need help with CSS though I am happy to oblige!

Ooh, sounds a lot like Divergent-Insurgent-Allegiant. I like. And the css is smashing.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Could be if you wanted it to be haha. If nobody else wanted to do anything with it I was going to think about making it towards the middle or end of July.
    You could surely make it a big stickied thing towards the end of July! :)

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • tumblr_ms46n6X3l21qlbh4oo2_500.jpg

Pokemonster Hunter.​

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
    Years
  • Amazing idea notwithstanding, you should contribute to the template thread immediately.
    Haha, well I suppose I shall. I love CSS, it's probably one of my favorite pastimes.

Ooh, sounds a lot like Divergent-Insurgent-Allegiant. I like. And the css is smashing.
    Interestingly enough, I have neither read nor watched that series. If my plot is close enough I suppose someone could us it as a Divergent AU if they wished. It could also be converted into the zombie genre, where the tower has the ability to close off bottom sections if there is a breach. The possibilities are endless.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • Oh wow. Care to develop that thought a bit? x)

EDIT: oh, it might just be a reference I don't get.

Monster Hunter is this really cool(-looking) game that (I've never, ever played, and) is about killing huge monsters with huge weapons (this is seriously about as much as I know about it), and I stumbled upon some Pokémon Monster Hunter pictures a while back (like the one I posted with), and I think it's a neat concept that could be turned into a really cool RP!

That being said, I don't know much at all about how Monster Hunter works, or what it is about, but it's visually striking. So I figured instead of doing a bunch of research and maybe buying the game so I could familiarize myself with the concept and how to build a RP around it, I may as well just post it in the idea dump thread and hope someone else pulls it off.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • OH IF SOMEONE CAN PULL OFF A FAKEMON RP, I'D SO BE ALL OVER THAT. I remember a roleplay a couple years ago where we could actually create our own four-stage monsters with their own interesting movesets. It had something to do with the Illuminati taking over the world ... here, I checked!: "New World Order"

Or just any kind of roleplay that has a novelty ruleset for things like evolution or items ... there was a roleplay where the Pokemon only grew larger and appendages they may have in future evolutions had to be placed onto them. Like, for instance, you had to buy or build your Charizard a pair of wings since Charmander didn't start out with them. I couldn't unearth this one, but I remember the old Moderator Skymin was apart of it if anyone wants to go digging.

I'm certainly not advocating the theft of these ideas, but I'd love someone to create an RP that has simple or novelty mechanics that approach Pokemon with a fresh new skin like these ones did. I see a lot of non-Pokemon threads become popular and I think it's their ingenuity of form that makes them stick out.

Maybe a steampunk/dieselpunk/decopunk Johto where all the Pokemon are machines we build since they can't evolve? OH MY GOD WAIT. I WOULD LOVE TO CO-GM THIS WITH SOMEBODY; HIT ME UP.

But I feel journey RPs are a little overdone, and never get the chance to fully finish. So something with a more reasonably contained story or objective would be nice - maybe even objective-based, like a video game? Giving the players a clear step-by-step process might allow them to be more creative with their characters since they have a sense of direction to conform or deviate from. And also, can we have more RPs that throw writing challenges at us as we go to keep us on our toes? That's currently my thesis for the upcoming WUNTERTAUSCH thread, and since I can't personally join mine because of the way it's set up, I'd love to see something similar.​

Back