• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who is your favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
For me, it's a tough choice between Gardenia and Fantina. They're both just so lovely and beautiful. <3

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Volkner i love electric types and hes quite the cool gym leader and very strong too ^^

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
My favorite is Roark, leader of the Orburgh city gym. I like the mines and stuff by the gym, and its the most memorable gym. Him and probably Crasher Wake because of the waterfalls and fighting types in his gym were so unique and challenging at the time haha.

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Candice. She has an adorable design, and personality, which I think is great. She's a very strong female character, like all of the Sinnoh females, and she is a helpful gym leader who seems to have a lot of character to her.

Also, her ambiguous relationship with Maylene is the closest thing that Pokemon has gotten to a canonized LGBT relationship, two-sided or at the very least from Maylene's side, one-sided crush (besides Shauna on Serena). Which makes me very excited to see the diversity that Pokemon can bring.

Although Byron is incredibly attractive....

Instant IP

EVERYONE CALL ME ELF MONSTER
Years
I have to say I like Candice the most. A lot of the Sinnoh Gym Leaders aren't shown enough to develop a lot of personality in the games, but Candice seemed to come off as cheery and strong. She also has an adorable design. :3

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I liked Candice and Fantina (which I often misspell as Candace and Fantine), I thought they were the most interesting. Candice has a spunky personality which is unusual for an Ice gym leader and Fantina had this endearing aura. I'm also a huge fan of French culture which is another factor. :)

Mirari-from-Sunnyshore

The Fire Keeper's Soul
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015
Volkner is my favorite because I just love him. <3 But I also like how he's bored but then you light a fire underneath his bootie. And how his bff is an Elite Four member. I just love how he has a bit of story to him. But I also love his Japanese name, Denzi.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
It's gotta be my dude Crasher Wake doesn't it? He just has an actually funny character; especially shown in Platinum! He's showcased more in the third game, and you see his serious side too, he's extremely defensive over Pastoria and even charges into the Great Marsh to make sure it's safe for others AFTER a massive bomb ripped the area apart! His singing while leaving the Veilstone Gym though could win him this list on it's own! "Crash Crash Crasher Wake!"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Volkner has always been my favorite of the Sinnoh Gym Leaders. I like his overall design (totally looks like a certain someone from the Naruto series), as well as his team. Plus, his city is one of my favorites in these games.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Candice makes me feel so nostalgic because Ice-types were my favorite type back when DPPt was a big deal. I would say she's still my favorite of the Sinnoh gym leaders, none of them really stood out for me like she did, even though I don't really care for Ice-types anymore.

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
Years
My favorite gym leader from Sinnoh is probably Wake. Dat theme song tho. I just feel that he had more of a purpose in the story than the other gym leaders. An example of this is when the bomb goes off in the Great Marsh, and he goes off to investigate the noise.

Back