• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hunt complete! (At least I think it is, hope I did it all correct!)

Spoiler:

I was going to play some Pokemon whilst listening to podcasts before bed so just happened to be perfect timing for me!

Caught exactly a box full! Thought it would've been nearer the 50 mark at least but there were a few who were really stubborn! Used a Heracross and Cut btw.

First, those pics are perfect demonstration!

Spoony and her Heracross has received:
    • 200 Points for being the first hunter to complete the mission.
    • 30 Points (max) for the image proofs.

Fun fact: Aipom has surprisingly low catch rate than ORAS' Rayquaza!
    Therefore, it was normal to catch only 30 Aipom with 100 standard Pokéballs.

Great job on the first mission! (:

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I hope I'm not too late to post my Aipom hunt, at least for 2nd. Here's my pics of the Aipoms I caught.
    Spoiler:

I caught 34 Aipoms. The Feraligatr I used I had Ice Fang, Crunch, Water Gun, and Rage.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

From the second bonus mission on, I will no longer notify bonus missions. I will simply notify about the main missions. However, if you wish to get notified about the bonus missions, please let me know.

BONUS MISSION

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]
    Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]

On this bonus mission:
    - You can only use TWO Luxury Balls1, 2.
    - These following games can participate (Let me know which game you are participating with; you can only participate with one and CANNOT change midway):

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]
    Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]
    Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]
    Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]
    • - You will need to catch a Female Feebas and a Male Feebas.
    • - Feed them with Dry Poffins or PokeBlock and evolve them. Beauty will be a deciding factor for extra points.
    • - Depending on your version: If you are hunting with RSE you must win all four ranks of Beauty Contests with the MALE Milotic you have captured. For DPt hunters, you must participate with your FEMALE Milotic you captured earlier and win all four ranks of Beauty Super Contests.
    For Platinum players, you are not allowed to buy Poffins from the Department Store.

Created by Sun. Text credit to Sopheria

Background image source: web image

[S-HIGHLIGHT]You must do it in one go, you are not allowed to soft reset; once you used 2 Luxury Balls, it's game over. Be honest, don't use more than one Luxury Ball. Santa doesn't like naughty trainers. :v 1

RSE Hunters: You can find one Luxury Ball in the Abandoned Ship and you can get more if you win any Master Rank Pokémon Contest with a Pokémon that had previously won the same category. DPt Hunter: You can buy them at the Pokémon League.2
    [/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Bonus Hunts offer longer time limit due to the difficulties, unlike the main missions.

Expiration of this Bonus Hunt is on the sixth day of this event.

The Second Hunt Mission will be posted after...
    Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]
    This also means the Aipom Hunt can no longer be done after the timer ends.

Last edited:

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I tried the Aipom one and I gave up because I need to sleep and no time >.>
    ended up getting 8 Aipoms in 25 Pokeballs
    Spoiler:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I finished.Got 24 of them. I hope these are fine...
    Spoiler:

Sorry about the side ways one, I used my tablet to take them and it shifted views. Nevermind, it fixed itself...

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Mickey and his Feraligatr have received:
    • 100 Points for second hunter to complete the mission.
    • Additional 50 Points for being outstanding, catching the most Aipom.

ORAS and possibly along with a Spinda have received:
    • 50 Points for second hunter to complete the mission.

Sukyandaru and Raichu have received:

This marks as the wrap up for the Aipom Hunt! These monkeys aren't easy to hunt are they? :P

You can take rest and get prepared for the second hunt, alternatively you can go and try the Bonus Feebas Hunt, happy Berry planting!~

I'll be posting the second hunt within one to three hours, so stay tuned! (;

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

This Hunt isn't as difficult as I said -- I actually tried a team of Dry Skin Paras with 0 IVs, 0 EVs and neutral to unbeneficial Natures, I succeeded with catching over 10 Magmar and I quit. Having said that, I'm lowering the difficulty.

WANTED

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]

(scroll for more)

- These following games can participate (Let me know which game you are participating with; you can only participate with one and CANNOT change midway):

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]
    Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]

On this mission:
    You must create and use between one of the following teams:
    Team Parasect
    4 or 5 Paras and 1 Parasect*
    *Must have the Dry Skin Ability.
    Team Breloom
    4 or 5 Shroomish and 1 Breloom* (no bonus points)
    *Must have the Poison Heal Ability.

For HGSS players: your 5 Paras or 5 Shroomish should be at Level 25. The Parasect or the Breloom should be at Level 30 with all four offensive moves.

For Pt players: your 4 Paras or 4 Shroomish should be at Level 40. The Parasect or the Breloom should be at Level 45 with all four offensive moves. [S-HIGHLIGHT]You will need a help of a HM Helper, therefore you can only bring four. The Helper is not considered as part of the team.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Definition of offensive moves:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Physical_move
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Special_move

Feel free to migrate them from a Gen III game or catch them in your Gen IV game.

Only one Pokémon is allowed to attach the item Smoke Ball. Additionally that Pokémon cannot be Parasect or Breloom.

Can only heal Pokémon during battles and the recovery items are restricted to:
    5 Max Revives or 5 Revival Herbs (they can be mixed, but make sure they are 5 in total),
    20 Super Potions and
    50 Revives.
    Recovery moves are allowed on Shroomish and Paras.

Do not attack other Pokémon, gaining level is not allowed and you must run instead. (This is why XY is not allowed to participate)

Can only use the following battle items:
    5 Poké Dolls or 5 Fluffy Tail (they can be mixed, but make sure they are 5 in total).

Only the following berries are allowed to be held by Paras or Shroomish:
    Occa Berry, Kebia Berry, Sitrus Berry, Lum Berry. (Only one each and once used, re-attaching is not allowed)

You can only use the standard Pokéballs or Premiere Balls with no capture amount limits, but stock well as once began, you cannot leave the area; leaving is considered as quitting*.

You cannot heal your Pokémon by any items (excluding the aforementioned methods), once your team loses its game over. Alternatively, you can quit* if you believe you have captured enough Pokémon.

*Quitting is not considered as losing, as long as you've captured the Pokémon-to-hunt.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Due to the difficulty and the need for long preparation, The Magmar Hunt will end around 8:30AM (GMT) December 19th instead.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Spoiler: Notifications

Are we still allowed to put in for Day 1? I capture only 21 apiom though, it was quite tough.

Sorry for the delay, I was actually trying this mission to make sure it's not too difficult. Though I have to be completely honest that it's a lot trickier and difficult compare to the Aipom Hunt!

WANTED

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]

(scroll for more)

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]
    Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]

On this mission:
    You must create and use between one of the following teams:
    Team Parasect
    4 or 5 Paras and 1 Parasect* (gives additional 50 Points for the person who captured the most target Pokemon)
    *Must have the Dry Skin Ability.
    Team Breloom
    4 or 5 Shroomish and 1 Breloom* (no bonus points)
    *Must have the Poison Heal Ability.

For HGSS players: your 5 Paras or 5 Shroomish should be at Level 20. The Parasect or the Breloom should be at Level 25 with all four offensive moves.

For Pt players: your 4 Paras or 4 Shroomish should be at Level 35. The Parasect or the Breloom should be at Level 40 with all four offensive moves. [S-HIGHLIGHT]You will need a help of a HM Helper, therefore you can only bring four. The Helper is not considered as part of the team.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Definition of offensive moves:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Physical_move
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Special_move

Feel free to migrate them from a Gen III game or catch them in your Gen IV game.

Only one Pokémon is allowed to attach the item Smoke Ball. Additionally that Pokémon cannot be Parasect or Breloom.

Can only heal Pokémon during battles and the recovery items are restricted to:
    5 Max Revives or 5 Revival Herbs (they can be mixed, but make sure they are 5 in total),
    10 Super Potions and
    50 Revives.

Do not battle other Pokémon, gaining level is not allowed and you must run instead. (This is why XY is not allowed to participate)

Can only use the following battle items:
    5 Poké Dolls or 5 Fluffy Tail (they can be mixed, but make sure they are 5 in total).

Only the following berries are allowed to be held by Paras or Shroomish:
    Occa Berry, Kebia Berry, Sitrus Berry, Lum Berry. (Only one each and once used, re-attaching is not allowed)

You can only use the standard Pokéballs or Premiere Balls with no capture amount limits, but stock well as once began, you cannot leave the area; leaving is considered as quitting*.

You cannot heal your Pokémon by any means (excluding the aforementioned methods), once your team loses its game over. Alternatively, you can quit* if you believe you have captured enough Pokémon.

*Quitting is not considered as losing, as long as you've captured the Pokémon-to-hunt.

Our Pokémon-to-hunt will be revealed after...
    Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]
    Please take your time for preparation!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I regret to tell you the answer is no.

Every main missions are roughly 20 hours to 26 hours long. While I understand that people are busy with their lives, we need to keep the flow on going for the active hunters as well. Should you missed the main hunt, you can always do the bonus hunts instead. (: Although I really appreciate your efforts with the Aipom Hunt!

We have the Magmar Hunt on air now, it will end around 8:30AM (GMT) December 18th.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • Username: DarkSkys
    Games you own: OR/AS, X, SS, W2, White, Red & Yellow (currently playing OR)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Username: DarkSkys
    Games you own: OR/AS, X, SS, W2, White, Red & Yellow (currently playing OR)

Welcome aboard!

In case you're not sure:
    • You can begin from the Magmar Hunt and which will end at around 8:30AM (GMT) on December 18th.
    • You can also start from the Feebas Hunt, which ends at the sixth day of the event.
    • However, you can no longer do the Aipom Hunt.

Most importantly, have fun! (:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I regret to tell you the answer is no.

Every main missions are roughly 20 hours to 26 hours long. While I understand that people are busy with their lives, we need to keep the flow on going for the active hunters as well. Should you missed the main hunt, you can always do the bonus hunts instead. (: Although I really appreciate your efforts with the Aipom Hunt!

We have the Magmar Hunt on air now, it will end around 8:30AM (GMT) December 18th.

Alright, as much as I don't want to do this, would I be able to drop out? I unfortunately don't think I could do all the hunts fast enough. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

BONUS MISSION

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]

On this bonus mission:

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]

Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

- You will need to catch(or recruit) all available Eeveelutions from one of the aforementioned games.
    - PMD Players: You can not evolve your Starter Pokémon or Partner Pokémon; you cannot recruit Eevee and evolve them.​

Bonus Hunts offer longer time limit due to the difficulties, unlike the main missions.

Expiration of this Bonus Hunt is on the sixth day of this event.

The Third Hunt Mission will be posted after...
    Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]
    This also means the Magmar Hunt can no longer be done after the timer ends.

Years
  • I'll use Platinum for the first Bonus Mission and Ranger for the second. Heart Gold for the second main mission. Hopefully I'll have time! Also, can I opt in to notifications, please! :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'll use Platinum for the first Bonus Mission and Ranger for the second. Heart Gold for the second main mission. Hopefully I'll have time! Also, can I opt in to notifications, please! :)

Will do, but take note that I altered the difficulty for the second hunt. (:

To all the participants: if there are any difficulties, concerns and questions, please let me know!

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

This Hunt is definitely easy.

WANTED

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]

(scroll for more)

Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]
    Pok?mon Hunts [ENDED]

On this mission:
    You must breed for six Pok?mon: Bidoof, Rattata, Zigzagoon, Patrat, Sentret and last but not least, Bunnelby.

Too easy? Nah, it isn't that easy.

Bidoof must have the following Egg Moves:
    Double-Edge, Aqua Tail, Quick Attack, Skull Bash

Rattata must have the following Egg Moves:
    Screech, Last Resort, Flame Wheel, Me First

Zigzagoon must have the following Egg Moves:
    Charm, Rock Climb, Tickle, Trick

Patrat must have the following Egg Moves:
    Iron Tail, Pursuit, Flail, Revenge

Sentret must have the following Egg Moves:
    Covet, Slash, Assist, Focus Energy

Bunnelby must have the following Egg Moves:
    Defense Curl, Spikes, Rollout (only three moves)

Bunnelby must also have Huge Power as its Ability.

[S-HIGHLIGHT] You will need to hatch only three kinds out of the six listed rodents, but the more you hatch the more bonus points you'll receive: 4 different rodents gives additional 40 Points, 5 different rodents gives additional 50 Points, 6 different rodents gives additional 100 Points.

The Rodent Hunt has ended already.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:
    Back