• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I started RPing because...

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    Then I was modded all of a sudden and then I sort of never left.

<3

Blame modship for your staying. JK.

The people in here were awesome. That's what made me stay in the first place.

RPC's quality six years back was meh. There were not much of a variety with RPs and all. But hey, it's Pokemon. I loved it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Saw a roleplay subject that fit with my... particular talents... Met good company there who helped my grasp the concept and here we are. Dont see many RPs that fit my fancy now-a-days but I still check up often to see how the corner is doing.

On that note I'm one of the longest residents of the corner, aren't I? Funny...

Blame modship for your staying. JK.

The people in here were awesome. That's what made me stay in the first place.

RPC's quality six years back was meh. There were not much of a variety with RPs and all. But hey, it's Pokemon. I loved it.
    Sounds like both of you have some old accounts lying around? 8)

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Sounds like both of you have some old accounts lying around? 8)

How'd ya guess! Before I learned of the name change feature (which I've applied for twice with this account and still haven't gotten so much as a response *cough cough cough cough cough*) I made this one.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I got into roleplaying after reading books written by my favorite fantasy-genre author.

jombii

Years
    yeah. I was miltankRancher before. Went on a one-year hiatus, freaking forget the password, then bam. Hello Varys. miltankRancher brings a lot of RP memories.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    It's really simple, I like telling stories and immersing myself into a "new" world.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    It was also simple for me as i noticed an RP that i liked, a journey one I believe, and next thing I know I'm practicing SU's so I could get into the next one I liked. Though i still have much room for improvement, I'm really enjoying this section of the forum the most. :)

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
    I like to write. I've always wanted to make my own novels, but I always get stuck at some point at where to go. And fleshing out stories is like a decades worth of planning for me since I'm clinically disorganized. In the end, I got into the RPing because it was fun but also it's a good way to write your own story. You do your part and then you can sit back and be lazy for a bit while someone else picks up the slack. :P

Other than that I really enjoy creating original characters and putting them in some kind of scene. Character development/character discussions are a lot of fun for me and making friends along the way isn't half bad either. ;)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    yeah. I was miltankRancher before. Went on a one-year hiatus, freaking forget the password, then bam. Hello Varys. miltankRancher brings a lot of RP memories.
    I FORGOT THAT YOU USED TO BE miltankRancher! Aawh :D hi

jombii

Years
    I FORGOT THAT YOU USED TO BE miltankRancher! Aawh :D hi

Yep, I used to be him. Back then, I was more prone to stalking the FF part of the community and did not really pay any second glance to RPC. I forgot how I managed to actually stumble here from FF but I enjoyed it.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
    I started RPing because, quite honestly... I was bored. I started during a period where I needed an escape from reality, and thinking of stories in my head just felt really good.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm gonna put it out there, no shame in my game: I literally started roleplaying because I was a 10-year-old Beast Boy x Raven deprived shipper who needed more material to feed my rabid fangirl, but wasn't about to get any in the viable future because Teen Titans was getting cancelled on Cartoon Network.

There you have it. A raw, unfiltered glance at Loki's Neopets era.

/high fives daydream and sweet dreams

maybe I need to become loki dreams to make this neopets trio a reality

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
    I was bored and wanted something to do.

But not just that, heh.

Writing is my passion, there's nothing I love to do more than write. It's an incredible feeling to create a landscape with your mind simply by stringing words together in a certain order. I wanted to share my writing and experience others in a fair and equal medium, where everybody gets a say in a story that is created.

i.e. Exactly what an RP is, I discovered it and haven't turned back since.

Back