• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I started RPing because...

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    How did you get into roleplaying? Was there a particular subject or person that drew you in, or did you just get tired of writing alone? Tell us about it

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    My reasons for RPing are simple. I like writing stories. I like people kind of I guess you lot are okay
    Now I'm no maths expert...but Writing + People = Good good fun time

On another note, Ice be looking at the RPT general chat like...
    I started RPing because...

Last edited:
    Years
    I was simply going through these forums when I saw the name of an RP that caught my eye. I can't remember what it was, but I decided to look through. I was a bit intimidated by the RP section here though, so I went to another site that was a lot simpler and less serious.

Now that I understand it better, it's a lot easier to RP here. I'm thankful for it, due to the progression of my writing abilities. (that still need work, but are definitely improving)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Gimmepie just kept telling me to join gunpowder like fifty times a day. And then finally I said **** it whatever and then ended up joining 5 other rps at the time and now here we are.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    Well I had been writing fanfics for a while until I discovered RPing, which in my opinion is more fun than that, so I suppose this acts as a substitute. Feels like I'm not alone~ But yeah, the people here are reaaaaally good. I get intimidated too sometimes~

Years
    I honestly can't remember why I started roleplaying. I joined this place a while back and somehow ended up here. Its been on and off for a while but I always seem to come back for some reason or another.

I think the main reason I enjoy roleplaying is I like building stories that people can enjoy, and going through the process of building those stories with other people. It enjoyable. Plus its good practice writing.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Roleplaying is a form of exercising for my writer brain and it's definitely what I use to overcome writer's block.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I first starting RPing because I wanted a writing experience than involved others (cause I'm terrible alone). I restarted because Astra Story. (Begin Again doesn't count, cause I abandoned it pretty quick :/)

Now I RP because I want the same thing I wanted originally. That writing experience that involves others. Creating a plot and dragging out each others' emotions is way more fun as a group or couple, than alone ^^

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I sort of fell into roleplaying by accident. Goofing around on forums, coming up with crazy scenarios and seeing them through. I didn't know at the time because of my age, but we were sort of roleplaying, albeit very loosely. Once that forum sort of faded in activity I was trying to find another place like that and learned about roleplaying. So I started RPing without knowing it and I've not stopped since.

...That was sixteen years ago.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Friend mentioned roleplaying to me, I said nah because I was hacking ROMs at that point in time. Later when I stopped hacking, I found RPing was an easier way to get across what you wanted to create (with writing in general). I didn't take it seriously at first and joined some RPs and created some OP and abusing characters (that nonetheless were fun and made the story fun too, in their own way). Then I thought I should do my own thing exactly how I liked it, so I began improving my knowledge on how to be a good GM, with the plan of having my own RP running. It was like a dream at the time!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    The main reason why I really started RPing because I always lose interest mid-story whenever I am writing my own stories. It just gets harder and harder because there's this thing called the writer's block. With RPing, if ever you encounter writer's block, you just wait for a few days, let a post come up and boom! Instant story.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The main reason why I really started RPing because I always lose interest mid-story whenever I am writing my own stories. It just gets harder and harder because there's this thing called the writer's block. With RPing, if ever you encounter writer's block, you just wait for a few days, let a post come up and boom! Instant story.
    Or make a JP with someone else and get help with creativity :3

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    I started on the Neopets forums. They had this kinda fast-paced, short-form style of RP that was really appealing to me when I was younger. I lost interest in it a little bit, but took it back up again when I realised I was interested in the collaborative storytelling aspect of tabletop RPGs. Forum roleplays have a somewhat similar premise, hence why my interest was reignited.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I had friends who roleplayed on PC back in '09 or '10 and they seemed to have so much fun together. I was a bit wary, as I thought of RPing as too dorky. Yep. But I tried it, and it was writing + people. Two of my favorite things! Then I was modded all of a sudden and then I sort of never left.

<3

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
    Weeell, short answer: I liked writing and I loved playing around as a character interacting with other character's in a newly created world.

Long answer: I always like playing pretend with a certain friend of mine (including Pokemon, actually), and I was always pretty good at English. At some point we discovered Neopets, and on Neopets we discovered the concept of RPing! Although we never actually RPed, the concept was intriguing enough that when I somehow stumbled upon this site and the RPC as a twelve thirteen!!!! year old, I was hooked and never let go.

Lo and behold: RP hermit 4eva. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wow Mayo, you are pretty much the ultimate RPT cave troll hermit. ;)

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Everyone I ever met has been telling me I should write more, so one day I stumbled across a forum and began to write. When that forum closed down, I got to know PC, and the first section I fluttered to was obviously the RPT (back then it was the RPC #neverforget). After a few blunders with Pokemon RPs I went away for a year before returning for good, leaving my past RP practices behind me and infiltrating the populace to spread the love of L͕̻̟͇O̞̩̜̣̞̟͓͠R̞̕ͅD̘̠͍̥ BL̰A̱̤̥̞̹R̷̺Z͔͖̱͍̼ͅI̴̜̦̜͉͓G͇͕̩̥̫͢O͜R͎͕͘ͅD͈ ͉̣̭̩͔̲͡O̬̺̱̻̣͡Ư̲̦̱͇̘R ̢͖͎S̡̲̫̣A̢͙V̰̭͓Ị̬͖̜̳̳̲OU̗͓͍̥ͅR̟̞̪̪̀

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I honestly first came here because I enjoyed the hacks that were posted. I never even wanted to really make them so much as playing them. Somehow, reading the stories presented in those hacks led me to writing. I actually first started RPing on a separate site as many RPs at the time were at a much higher level than I knew I was at.

Not surprisingly, the level of writing here did go up, but I joined anyways. I started off REALLY BADLY, but I stuck around and I'm now here. That was 7 years ago.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Saw a roleplay subject that fit with my... particular talents... Met good company there who helped my grasp the concept and here we are. Dont see many RPs that fit my fancy now-a-days but I still check up often to see how the corner is doing.

On that note I'm one of the longest residents of the corner, aren't I? Funny...

Back