• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Physiques

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
  • We all got the appearance section for a reason: describe what you character looks like! Looking back at previous characters you've made, what physiques have been the most dominant for you (and other characters in that RP)? Have you played any extremely short/tall characters? Any underweight/overweight characters? From beach babes and buff guys to scrawny fighters and old hags, what are the most intriguing you've seen in your RPs?

Years
  • I think I've played a fairly decent set of characters. I've played characters like Allister from Yokai Academy who were thin and unathletic, like Skellen and Alex who are skinny but really toned, like Amari who is tiny and neither athletic nor particularly unathletic and even one who was old and slightly overweight but working on getting fit again.

Although the latter, McGregor from Outbreak, was pretty strong physically I'm yet to play anyone particularly buff I don't think. Maybe I'll get on that.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • Looking back, I see that the vast majority of my characters have been rather average. There have been exception though, such as Adkilar from Fargona, who was built like the Hulk, and the shapely Nona from Never Split the Party. There was also Cordelia from Crossroads Act II, very short and very fragile.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Well, most of my characters average around 5'7" in height and medium in body type. However, I tended to play some large characters if I'm feeling creative. I played a Snorlax once and is playing Joseph Macho right now, both gigantic characters in their own right.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I like to thing I have a fair range in terms of physique, but maybe less so when it comes to height. My Unova character, Drew, stands at about 5"4'(Because he slouches a lot) which even for his age(15) is pretty short. Physiquewise I made him tubby, not necessarily fat, but far from athletic or skinny. Lars on the other hand is my arrogant As the Dust Settles character who more so fits my physique archetype when it comes to adult males. He stands at 5"11' with an athletic build and has pretty refined features.
    When it comes to female character, I tend to make them a bit shorter at around 5"7' and usually not overtly sexualised or curvaceous. I'd say the best example of that is my Venice character, who while she isnt afraid to flaunt her assets when she needs to or when she wants something, also doesnt struggle to hide them either. I haven't made many female characters yet, so I'm yet to brake out of the mould so far.

Years
  • Apparently I have two basic body types: the tall, average-looking male and the short, cute female. Actually, whenever I make a girl she tends to be kinda short, but never skinny, always muscled.

I've found some old SU's (which are awful, wow was I bad at writing) where I play really short guys, a couple where I play old men, and two more recent ones with unusual physique: In Gunpowder, I played a stocky, middle-aged fat man; and in Shifting Sands, I'm playing an older, bulky Kangaskhan grandma.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Most of my characters have slim figures, given that they are either females/effeminate or have lithe physique.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • In my short time of roleplaying, I have noticed a very apparent trend in the build of my characters. They all are fairly skinny, decently toned, not overtly but enough to notice/she exercises a bit. Basically, they are built just like an athlete, specifically soccer/futbol/football, whatever one calls it. This may or may not be because i played soccer for the past 15 years of my life haha

it is very much the reason {XD}

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I think usually, I would do the average body type for a person of that age/height. Typically, just because I'm lazy and I don't have to think about description too much. Lately though, I'm branching out and doing different body types and not sticking to the same ole super slender yet rightly toned teenage character.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Most of my characters have slim figures, given that they are either females/effeminate or have lithe physique.

Mine too, apparently O.o Even if they are male, they are usually described as "slim". Huh. Maybe I should try playing an overweight, middle aged woman at some point. She could become a real star.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Mm i'd say almost all of my characters are tall cause i'm so short ;_;

Pretty much all the female ones have "a slim figure, but with lean muscle" and the guys are all giants who are either jacked or skinny so there's that

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    Whoops I totally went back to dig up some old character profiles to check this out and I'm impressed by my younger self's accidental diversity; to be honest I kind of expected cookie-cutter conventionally attractive characters. Which...they're still pretty close to, but:

Girls: Tend to be in the range of 5'5", presumably because I am so it's kind of my default. The last girl I made, Linnet, is described as kind of awkwardly scrawny, bony, and still growing into herself. Before that, there was a girl who was lithe and wiry, if a little malnourished due to the circumstances of the RP--kind of a lean strength, and then a girl who was pear-shaped, with slim shoulders and soft girlish curves and a bit of clinging baby fat.

Guys: Wider range of heights here. The last three characters were 5'11" and well-muscled/quite strong but also kinda malnourished, so looked pretty lean; 6'1" and broad-shouldered, long-legged, and quite fit; and 5'5" and scrawny-thin, fast on his feet, and good at being very wiggly and flexible in tight situations.

Definitely a tendency towards being fit going on here, although that may be related to the RP scenarios since many of the characters are in roles where physical fitness is very necessary to their daily routines.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Most of my characters have been around 5'5" to 6'2" with slimmer or more fit builds. I have my goat faunus for dust which is shorter than average and kind of chubby, and then my character for Redux is very overweight but is like 6' something. I like a balance I guess, I don't make too many out there characters.

Back