baceevee

Female
SC
Seen September 4th, 2017
Posted August 21st, 2017
22 posts
5 Years
After seeing the live stream, I have to say I am very happy with what they've shown us so far. The region looks so very detailed and fleshed out. I like the fact that stat changes are easily accessible in the bottom screen battle menu. Also want to point out the fact that I LOVE the new battle menu! I am also very intrigued by the fact that the trainers are now going to be shown behind the Pokemon in battle. That will give us an interesting scale of Pokemon size compared to trainer size. Although that may be a small detail, it is one that I look forward to.

Honestly, the type effectiveness showing up under each move depending on what Pokemon the trainer has out is not something that I personally like, but I understand why they are doing it. They are trying to appeal to the masses, and there is nothing wrong with that. Those of us that have gripes about that and other 'hand holding mechanics' (myself included) have to keep in mind that these games are generally geared towards children, and they want to make it as easy as possible for any given individual to just pick up the game and play. I imagine they will have something in the options menu that could turn that specific feature on and off, but I'm not expecting it necessarily.

I really enjoyed seeing new Pokemon featured in the livestream, and hope to see more things revealed of that nature as the month goes on.

I will say that I am hoping for a difficulty setting now more than ever, especially since they've said that they'd like to appeal to all of their fans with these games. But, if they don't, I'm sure there will be a few good hacks floating around after the games are released.

I am also extremely satisfied with the Battle Royale, and the ability to customize our characters' clothing again! I feel like the inclusion of these two features lets us know that the developers are really trying to listen to fans. Overall, I think they did a great job with their showcase at E3!