• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon E3 Footage (New Pokémon and more!)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Keep in mind that people also thought Alomomola was an evolution for Luvdisc when it wasn't, so it's very possible that Yungoose may actually have zero ties to Zangoose. :x

I don't think they are related at all. I think the colors would have remained similar.

So is trainer customization actually confirmed or are people just assuming it's in? I didn't see their E3 presentation.
    Also yes, Trainer Customization is confirmed. You can see that outfits are completely different, along with hair styles and hats

Years
  • So is trainer customization actually confirmed or are people just assuming it's in? I didn't see their E3 presentation.

The Battle Royal reveal showed four trainers, two in the default designs and two others wearing different clothes. That is likely evidence to suggest that customization is all but confirmed.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Keep in mind that people also thought Alomomola was an evolution for Luvdisc when it wasn't, so it's very possible that Yungoose may actually have zero ties to Zangoose. :x
    I am, hence the " or it could simply be hinting (mispelled it as hinted opps) at an evolution that isn't an old Pokémon" xD. That was in reference to what seems to be 'young' in it's name.

@ Nah. One of the hosts at E3 pointed the clothes of the characters being different. Irc Masuda and/or the new Director said (well the translator technically) that you can customize their clothes.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's the smaller details like the new battle statistics that show they are really putting a lot of effort into these games. Not only that but attention to detail does go a long way when everything pulls together in the final product. Already we've seen lots of examples of this like with how the trainer sprites in the overworld are animated before battle. Some of these may make the games easier, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing when the games are becoming more advanced with newer moves, abilities and so on. I still haven't fully grasped the mechanics of Fairy-type effectiveness, playing XY/ORAS I often stop to think what moves are effective or not very effective against or when using Fairy type Pokemon. These changes aren't going to please everyone obviously, but I totally welcome them and really appreciate the work they have put into these games.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    One of the things that I absolutely loved seeing in the play through was all of the amazing camera angles inside and outside of battle, also I was absolutely astounded how the battle screens make you feel like you are still playing within the overworld environment, I think it really adds an amazing immersion factor to the whole thing. I really do think this is going to be a beautiful game upon release.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Alright, that's good. At least they're doing something right with these games

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Alright, that's good. At least they're doing something right with these games

Somethign worth noting in the new English Trailer, there is a female trainer who has longer and dark hair with no hat. She was using a Krookodile and Pangoro at level 50. I am not sure if she was an NPC or another player, but usually when I think of all 4 pokemon being Lv50 and a double battle, I think of online battles.

Years
  • Just came home and watched the earlier streams. WOW, WOW, WOW, I am loving everything so far!!! The battle royale, the animations, the visuals, trainers being seen during the battles, I am absolutely loving it. The information on the battle screen is really tailored to bring in new players, I don't mind. I think it's cool. But I think this shows what everyone was already saying, that the game may not be very difficult and may have more of a straightforward path. They are really trying to bring in a new gen of players. Nonetheless, I am so damn excited for this, can't wait. I like the more simpler designs on the new Pokemon, as well.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    WOO ledyba is confirmed to be in this game! Heck yeah!

Just kidding, but I always like when it says that :p

Also, I don't really think the in-game type chart will make it any easier. veteran players should have memorized it already :p

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
    Years
  • does anyone know the name of the lady who hosted the interview/stream?

wanna willy wanker her mhm? ;-)

I cant watch the video because of slow internet. i'Ve read about that you can see which types would be effective or not. where can you see that? has anyone an picture where i can see it?

Salute

Years
    • SC
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    After seeing the live stream, I have to say I am very happy with what they've shown us so far. The region looks so very detailed and fleshed out. I like the fact that stat changes are easily accessible in the bottom screen battle menu. Also want to point out the fact that I LOVE the new battle menu! I am also very intrigued by the fact that the trainers are now going to be shown behind the Pokemon in battle. That will give us an interesting scale of Pokemon size compared to trainer size. Although that may be a small detail, it is one that I look forward to.

Honestly, the type effectiveness showing up under each move depending on what Pokemon the trainer has out is not something that I personally like, but I understand why they are doing it. They are trying to appeal to the masses, and there is nothing wrong with that. Those of us that have gripes about that and other 'hand holding mechanics' (myself included) have to keep in mind that these games are generally geared towards children, and they want to make it as easy as possible for any given individual to just pick up the game and play. I imagine they will have something in the options menu that could turn that specific feature on and off, but I'm not expecting it necessarily.

I really enjoyed seeing new Pokemon featured in the livestream, and hope to see more things revealed of that nature as the month goes on.

I will say that I am hoping for a difficulty setting now more than ever, especially since they've said that they'd like to appeal to all of their fans with these games. But, if they don't, I'm sure there will be a few good hacks floating around after the games are released.

I am also extremely satisfied with the Battle Royale, and the ability to customize our characters' clothing again! I feel like the inclusion of these two features lets us know that the developers are really trying to listen to fans. Overall, I think they did a great job with their showcase at E3!

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    You know, I kinda can't wait to see what Yungoos' evolution would be, if only because I want to see if it keeps the freaky-looking teeth. D:

I could see it getting the Steel type when it evolves and having a mouth like a bear trap (or chain chomp). It would be the first Normal/Steel type that way.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Let us not forget that the female host asked about the bracelet. We now know for sure that it's got a deeper meaning, and isn't simply an accessory or even a simple Mega Bracelet as there would be no need to keep it a secret.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • You know, with how polished and beautiful this game looks, it really makes me think of whether or not X/Y was more or less "testing the waters" for Game Freak to see what works and what doesn't, y'know? Seeing as it was their first actual full 3D game, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

I think that is what most people think. That is probably why there was a lack of pokemon and content. To test out things and to ultimately see if pokemon was still popular.

Years
  • Let us not forget that the female host asked about the bracelet. We now know for sure that it's got a deeper meaning, and isn't simply an accessory or even a simple Mega Bracelet as there would be no need to keep it a secret.

I agree, if it didn't have a special purpose it wouldn't be worthy to keep it secret. It could either be the rumoured Synchro Evolution or a way to connect with the legendary.

You know, with how polished and beautiful this game looks, it really makes me think of whether or not X/Y was more or less "testing the waters" for Game Freak to see what works and what doesn't, y'know? Seeing as it was their first actual full 3D game, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

I feel the same way as well, when it comes to full 3D main series Pokemon games I view 6th Gen as the beta and 7th Gen as the complete version and it's showing heavily.

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
    Years
  • is there an possibility for an extended graphics mode for the NEW 3DS Family?

i mean... it looks like oras almost, almost a bit disappointed about it.Gameplay Picture. Besides that, im mega-hyped...(mega...lel..-.-) but i dont see there being 2 versions of the game one for 3ds and one for new 3ds with better graphics.

but it wouldnt be a big deal implement a better graphics mode into the game, would it?!

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    is there an possibility for an extended graphics mode for the NEW 3DS Family?

i mean... it looks like oras almost, almost a bit disappointed about it. besides that, im mega-hyped...(mega...lel..-.-) but i dont see there being 2 versions of the game one for 3ds and one for new 3ds with better graphics.

but it wouldnt be a big deal implement a better graphics mode into the game, would it?!

I would rather see it running the game at a more consistent framerate in battles than a minor graphics upgrade that has the same problems.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The bottom screen improvements are incredibly delicious. No more looking at Bulbapedia for type effectiveness against those random dual types.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Did you notice that this is the first time Ledyba's pokedex entry states that the patterns on their backs differ slightly from each other?

None of it's pokedex entries in the past have mentioned that. I wonder if that means the patterns on the back of actual Ledyba in-game will have differences or if that was just filler fluff.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • is there an possibility for an extended graphics mode for the NEW 3DS Family?

i mean... it looks like oras almost, almost a bit disappointed about it.Gameplay Picture. Besides that, im mega-hyped...(mega...lel..-.-) but i dont see there being 2 versions of the game one for 3ds and one for new 3ds with better graphics.

I don't know about that. It doesn't look like ORAS at all to me. From what I have seen, the graphics are a lot better in Sun and Moon. I even go as far to say it looked better than the new Link Game on the WiiU

Back