• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
Years
  • Technically, or at least according to that source I talked about earlier, the fungus only relies on its primal instincts and is no more intelligent than your standard parasite. Also, boring is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Spora clearly has this spacey outlook on life and her perspective on social conventions always came off as outlandish and even a little endearing. Or at least that's how I feel when looking into her introspective moments.

I imagine reticent characters being very difficult to consistently use in roleplays, especially when it comes to interacting with other characters. Having an affinity for ardent loud-mouths that always tries to stick their noses into everything, I always respected players that devote themselves to more withdrawn personality types.

It's probably because what I base Spora's personality on is someone I think is boring.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Disclosed and I talked about the nitty-gritty of Rina's meds, and now there's a new Cicaro post with some farcical elements!

I'm still sorta on the fence.

I sort of think it's funny if she's just the parasitic mushroom now. It goes with the Dex entry and what an irony it is that the horrific zombifying shroom is just this withdrawn personality that most people find boring or distant. Like everyone's worried about her eating them and planting mushrooms on their corpse but Spora's just like "damnit why did I go through with this whole possession thing now I have to pay taxes."

I do like the split personality thing too, but it'd be weird to suddenly introduce the concept without a good IC reason.

Futa Jaunt

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Cicaro's going to kill my character and, the sad thing is, if he really did, he probably wouldn't regret it that much

Actually if Rina gets killed off I won't have to be in the RP anymore

Shrooms can do a lot of fantastic things so don't discredit any concepts yet​

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Cicaro's going to kill my character and, the sad thing is, if he really did, he probably wouldn't regret it that much

Shrooms can do a lot of fantastic things so don't discredit any concepts yet​

You literally make that sound like it's something no one would expect at this point; Cicaro literally wanted to know what a Chimeco's innards and entrails look like (to be fair, so do I). Forget-Me-Nots: the international symbols for budding serial killers.

Shrooms can make you puke rainbows and kittens if you eat them on a cockroach infested pizza that was sitting in the sun over a month.

(wait, what are we talking about again?)

On an unrelated note, I am eating the most delicious ice cream mixture of cherry and raspberry

I FEEL LIKE THIS IS AN ANALOGY RELEVANT TO THE CURRENT SITUATION OR FORESHADOWING SOMETHING IN THE FUTURE. What do the cherry and raspberry represent? They're both red... like blood.

OH NO, DON'T LET SPORA DESCEND INTO THE SAME MADNESS; EVEN SWEET LITTLE INNOCENT SAM HAS FALLEN and he's probably too incompetent to get back up on his feet. SHE HAS A CHANCE! SHE CAN BE THE HERO FMN DOESN'T NEED BUT THE ONE IT DESERVES

I eat dildos for breakfast

Ahhh, Blackmail your superiors with shady things is quite fun. I would know; after threatening negotiating with Jaunt, I'm confident that I am able to join this RP as that leaser he dreaded about six hundred years ago. Jack Frost!!

But negligence to a fellow co-worker that is suffocating to death, on the other hand? No good. It's boring to be friends with a corpse.

-6.7 points to Chic --- no Chigoro comic for you.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    I'm suddenly reminded that Spora's mushroom can be used as medicine.

GO, BE A HERO AND SAVE RINA MAYBE IT WILL HELP

Actually, Jaunt, or everyone else here because Jaunt is too busy dealing with his snot to do anything. I have a serious request (well, 69% serious) I would like to make if I'm still able to join this RP as a "guest". Simply put, I want to change my character. Move aside, pansexual transgender neurotic Kirlia, I got something even more amazing.

So I was browsing some info for the Gen 7 Starters, because I really want to know if their evolved forms would redeem their "eh" initial states. I stumble upon this for Popplio. (Warning: "leaked" images ahead, I spoiler'd it to avoid getting any backlash -- it's your own fault for seeing it!)

Spoiler:

Fake or not, I want to be this sexy beast. It is my calling. I also want them to be the leaser and I want them to appropriately copulate with everyone

Please don't crush my hopes and dreams it'll be prom night for me all over again

I'm so pathetic...

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
    Years
  • That Popplio evo looks so fucking good.
    There have been other 'leaks' as well.
    Spoiler:

These look pretty legit, and I think they kinda fit the theme with what gamefreak seems to be going for, but we could all be completely wrong.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    What the hell happened to Rowlett's wings

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO POPLIO'S FACE

God damn it, these better not be real. If there's one thing I don't want to know when I play through either Sun or Moon, it's what my starter will evolve into. I want to be either blown away or overwhelmed with disappointment.​

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • -6.7 points to Chic --- no Chigoro comic for you.

IM TRYING TO SAVE HER

But considering that Cicaro doesnt know his co-worker is suffocating and didnt see Rina bring the basket in to know it was hers, it would be super contrived to have him walk out of the office with the pills. If Rina can bust into the managerial office or wait until the trio walk out, she could be rescued.

You know, probably. I just thought this would be a fun scenario to play with.

stop making excuses and make the damn CiGoro comic you wretch

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    stop making excuses and make the damn CiGoro comic you wretch

Leave me aloooone, I don't owe you guys jack

Grelzar. That Popplio evo you posted. If that is the official evolution for Popplio, I am going to leave PC and kill myself by drowning myself in a mountain of ghost peppers so my tongue literally explodes into a supernova of pain.

Seriously, I want the concept I posted to be Popplio's official evolution. I don't even care about the other two; make Litten another lame Fire-Fighting for all I care. I just want a starter that's actually flamboyant and dazzling -- Serperior lightly touched upon that trait with its smugness but never went all out. It would also help tremendously if the starters didn't suck stat-wise.

Spoiler:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • (Cicaro would prob like getting butt-slammed by a giant clown seal anyway. They're kind of like bears, right?)

> claims to not have enough time to draw cigoro comic
    > has enough time to draw cicaro getting raped by clown
    > speculates that cicaro would enjoy that

._.

no, cringe cream

no he wouldnt

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I will say that the evolution Ech posted is much easier on the eyes, although I am disappointed with myself for having managed to view Popplio as a waifu candidate because of it.

Unfortunately, Elwood's evolution makes just as much thematic sense (nightmare clowns are a big thing, you know). Personally I'm all for another nightmare fuel Pokemon of that caliber, but whether or not it's worth the loss of mermaidseal waifu is a debate that would tear the very gods of Olympus into factions.

But that's the thing is that when you see possible evolutions you need to compare it to what the them is for the Pokemon to begin with. Litten is evidently a sort of jungle cat and would come out as something like a jaguar, or perhaps a lithe tiger. Exactly what is going on with Rowlet is anyone's game: it's nothing like as obvious as what, say, Turtwig was trying for.

But Popplio is quite obviously a circus seal. On one hand that could go the "awe and wonder" route that ties mermaids to freak shows and yield a seal waifu. On the other hand, they could go the straight circus route and mix it with the commonness of coulrophobia and yield a nightmare clown. Personally, I think it would probably play more into the utilization of its orbs and maybe tie that to lung mythology and their own fixation with round jewels. But then again, I kind of thought Froakie would end up leaning on its bubbles for its evolutions, and that's not at all what happened. Greninja doesn't even have them.

On a relevant note: I would expect Jauntier to ask you to wait for a name for that species before you can play it, as going without that information is equivalent to playing a Fakemon, and these RPs generally don't recognize Fakemon.

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
    Years
  • In my opinion they're all supposed to represented Circus animals.

Rowlett becomes the magician.

Popplio becomes the clown/sea lion.

Litten becomes the lion that jumps through hoops.

I feel like these might actually be the evolutions, but only one thing confuses me. The theme. What does Hawaii have to do with circuses?

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • In my opinion they're all supposed to represented Circus animals.

Rowlett becomes the magician.

Popplio becomes the clown/sea lion.

Litten becomes the lion that jumps through hoops.

I feel like these might actually be the evolutions, but only one thing confuses me. The theme. What does Hawaii have to do with circuses?

Well, I don't really think starters have ever followed a theme, really, so they're most probably fake. I do however think Litten is probably going to turn into some panther/jaguar-ish creature.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I hope they make all the starters half Fighting. And all the gym leaders Fighting. And change all the new Pokemon to be half Fighting too. Pokemon Punch & Kick for the Nintendo 3ds.

Ech be like "it's ok to take advantage of me" "cicaro's fine with rape right"

I'm anxious to see if the Sun/Moon starter final evos are as hideous as 2/3 of the Kalos ones are. I still can't look at Chesnaught directly and what the hell is up with Greninja's pointy-ass face? I thought he was a ninja, not a samurai. And they replaced the foam and bubbles theme with tongue ninja, okay.

ACTUALLY, Fox, the latest starters DID have a theme: paladin/knight, wizard/mage, rogue/ninja. Pokemon's for nerds. And, in the case that there was never technically a theme before, it wouldn't stop them from using a theme now. It's not like Pokemon is obligated to follow the same minute trends for everything they-- oh wait, the starters are still Grass/Fire/Water, aren't they? And we still have eight gyms in a set order? Nvm.

I kid, I don't really mind. At least I'm in a position where I also wouldn't mind if my starter evolved into a Venusaur (he seriously looks like rotting fruit) or a Torterra.​

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
    Years
  • I hope they make all the starters half Fighting. And all the gym leaders Fighting. And change all the new Pokemon to be half Fighting too. Pokemon Punch & Kick for the Nintendo 3ds.

I'm anxious to see if the Sun/Moon starter final evos are as hideous as 2/3 of the Kalos ones are. I still can't look at Chesnaught directly and what the hell is up with Greninja's pointy-ass face? I thought he was a ninja, not a samurai. And they replaced the foam and bubbles theme with tongue ninja, okay.

ACTUALLY, Fox, the latest starters DID have a theme: paladin/knight, wizard/mage, rogue/ninja. Pokemon's for nerds. And, in the case that there was never technically a theme before, it wouldn't stop them from using a theme now. It's not like Pokemon is obligated to follow the same minute trends for everything they-- oh wait, the starters are still Grass/Fire/Water, aren't they? And we still have eight gyms in a set order? Nvm.

I kid, I don't really mind. At least I'm in a position where I also wouldn't mind if my starter evolved into a Venusaur (he seriously looks like rotting fruit) or a Torterra.​

Yeah Pokemon has followed a theme only since Kalos, so it would make sense that they'd do it again. I actually like the Kalos final evos, except for Braixen.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Orx of Twinleaf said:
    I will say that the evolution Ech posted is much easier on the eyes, although I am disappointed with myself for having managed to view Popplio as a waifu candidate because of it.

On a relevant note: I would expect Jauntier to ask you to wait for a name for that species before you can play it, as going without that information is equivalent to playing a Fakemon, and these RPs generally don't recognize Fakemon.

You and your waifus, you concupiscent Turtle egghead! I should send you my very own body pillow with Manami humping Escargoo or something.

Just remember that starters have a gender ratio of 7 to 1 when it comes to being male or female. Have fun save scumming for that shiny perfect IV female that probably has a lower chance of popping up than winning the lottery twice in a row!

(I was joking about the request, I think. Unless everyone doesn't mind about the integrity of Cornered's well-written plot. Speaking of Jaunt, I just turned this thread into a discussion about leaked Gen 7 evos -- COME BACK TO US, OUR SNIVELING SNOTTY SNOB -- please get well soon)

Disclosed said:

Clarification: I am not into BDSM nor do I fantasize about such indecent things. I am better than that. Now excuse me as I go draw Futa-Goro dominating Bishonen Cicaro in my Doujinshi collection.

Disclosed, you worry me. Such negative talks about the games makes me feel like you hate Lame Freak even more than I do.

y u be talking about my boiz greninja and chesnaught like dat.

I actually like how Greninja has such a goofy design behind it with the scarf tongue (I remember being a little salty when I first saw this), despite evidently following the whole stylish motif as a cool and hip ninja. It's the perfect blend of making a Pokemon look appealing yet also ridiculous to accentuate Pokemon's silly charm and it's something I personally want out of every Pokemon, or at least most of them. Not sure what you got against Chestnaught (aside from the epic pun), especially since you literally said you were alright with Venusaur's ugly mug. Unless, you're trolling or something.

Greninja looks REALLY stupid in the anime though. The proportions are terrible... like, that head takes up 80% of its whole being! It is almost as rank as Goodra's "RUH ROH" impressions. Almost.

This circus theme speculation intrigues me. I don't ever recall there being any official clues or hints that the starters would follow any particular theme, let alone that one. The only starter that gives me such a vibe was Popplio; I really don't see that in Litten or Rowlett, the former being more something related to demons while the latter makes me feel like it's gonna become Blathers from Animal Crossing. I personally don't like the idea of there being a theme behind the trio, though, because I want every starter to offer something completely different and not constantly intertwined in some sort of gimmick.

Since everyone expects Litten to be an awesome jaguar, why don't you guys save the trouble of being disappointed and just accept that Litten will be yet another generic bipedal following Chaizard's design. But who knows, if we hope big enough, maybe we'll actually get our beloved Fire/Fighting-Type trend back, especially after Delphox proved to be utterly helpless without the essential fighting-type prefix.

Aloha starters should all just get Protean as their only ability.

Edit:

It's been confirmed that the leaked image of Popplio's final that I posted is indeed a fake. The artist came out and admitted they were just trolling. So.. in other words. It will never be Popplio's final evolution...

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Disclosed, you worry me. Such negative talks about the games makes me feel like you hate Lame Freak even more than I do.

y u be talking about my boiz greninja and chesnaught like dat.

I actually like how Greninja has such a goofy design behind it with the scarf tongue (I remember being a little salty when I first saw this), despite evidently following the whole stylish motif as a cool and hip ninja. It's the perfect blend of making a Pokemon look appealing yet also ridiculous to accentuate Pokemon's silly charm and it's something I personally want out of every Pokemon, or at least most of them. Not sure what you got against Chestnaught (aside from the epic pun), especially since you literally said you were alright with Venusaur's ugly mug. Unless, you're trolling or something.

Greninja looks REALLY stupid in the anime though. The proportions are terrible... like, that head takes up 80% of its whole being! It is almost as rank as Goodra's "RUH ROH" impressions. Almost.

This circus theme speculation intrigues me. I don't ever recall there being any official clues or hints that the starters would follow any particular theme, let alone that one. The only starter that gives me such a vibe was Popplio; I really don't see that in Litten or Rowlett, the former being more something related to demons while the latter makes me feel like it's gonna become Blathers from Animal Crossing. I personally don't like the idea of there being a theme behind the trio, though, because I want every starter to offer something completely different and not constantly intertwined in some sort of gimmick.

Since everyone expects Litten to be an awesome jaguar, why don't you guys save the trouble of being disappointed and just accept that Litten will be yet another generic bipedal following Chaizard's design. But who knows, if we hope big enough, maybe we'll actually get our beloved Fire/Fighting-Type trend back, especially after Delphox proved to be utterly helpless without the essential fighting-type prefix.

Aloha starters should all just get Protean as their only ability.

Edit:

It's been confirmed that the leaked image of Popplio's final that I posted is indeed a fake. The artist came out and admitted they were just trolling. So.. in other words. It will never be Popplio's final evolution...
    I hate everything and am an entirely negative person because I question how things are run and assert myself.

I am NOT AT ALL alright with Venusaur. He is ugly as shit. The thing is though, Venusaur is a natural ugly, like Bulbasaur grew up to become Ivysaur and then Ivysaur hit a rough patch during high school and was dug up months after dropping out of grad school as Venusaur. Chesnaught is just badly designed. He doesn't look like he should evolve from Quilladin, like the designers were going one way with the Chespin line and then decided "Fuck, we need this thing to look like a paladin!" and slapped on something almost entirely different. Same with Greninja, though Chesnaught is definitely a hell of a lot worse. At least Greninja is still a stealthy frog. And, yet again, Chesnaught is a beast in battle, so I can put up with whatever his design is supposed to be for that reason alone.

That troll was definitely too good to be true. We can't jump from Chesnaught to something that gorgeous. Call me pessimistic but I don't see the Gen. 7 final evo designs being worthy of any applause. In fact, I see myself falling on my ass with laughter when they're released. Not a bad thing to me, as long as I get a good laugh when 'Your Popplio evolves into Pedo Clown!' Might disappoint a lot of other people though.

At least there's one thing we can all guarantee: All the starters will have those useless elemental Swarm abilities they automatically give the starters every damn year!! LOL!!!

FUCKING CHRIST, ANIME GOODRA IS THE FUNNIEST SHIT I HAVE EVER HEARD. "GUOOOH-DRUHHH, GUOOOOH!" Almost as good as Ramos' voice. Can you believe people can sit through that show with a straight face X-many years in?

Hey, Charizard looks cool! ...I mean, compared to Venusaur. Blastoise probably takes the cake as best-looking Kanto starter with those cannons though.

I actually don't like Fennekin. Looks cute but they pulled a Gen 5 with that despicable moveset. All offensive moves minus Ember, I think, until it evolves. Jesus almighty. Should've just made it half-Fighting to solve the problem.

Let's just talk about Pokemon until Jauntier cures his throat cancer​

Back