• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Trials of Olympus

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • I actually think this is my first roleplay here. I've never been in a detailed one like what we have going on here on PC.

My writing abilities aren't super awesome, but I try. I have a bad habit of reusing words and making run-ons.

brothers__a_tale_of_two_sons_by_yami_izumi-d6u4rpn.jpg

Name: Wesley "Wes" Keys

Appearance: (Note: He is on the right in the picture and not everything there is accurate for what I'm writing) Wes is young and just on the brink of puberty, weighing about 100 pounds and being 5 foot and an inch. He has short black hair in a typical buzz cut. His hair is extremely thick and used to be curly, before his mother cut off all of his hair. He's young but his body is very toned and he is rather slim. His eyes glow with a light blue, resembling the sea.

Attire: Wes is usually wearing different athletic apparel. Any kind of t-shirt or athletic shorts, as long as he feels comfortable. When it cools down outside, he prefers to wear sweat pants and a hoodie, as opposed to any kind of real winter apparel. His favorite colors to wear and the ones he is most often seen in are blue, red, and orange.

Personality: Wes is a shy and quiet kid. Whether he's meeting you for the first time or known you his whole life, he often sticks to one word answers and talking as little as possible. He often makes people feel awkward during long pauses in conversations and he isn't bothered in the slightest due to two things: being used to it and simply not caring. His list of people that he would go out of his way for is short, limited to his older brother and his mom. A friend or two may make it here or there. Not that he doesn't have feelings about other people, just that he doesn't have any strong feelings about others.

Wes' hobbies include planting/plant-caring, singing in the shower, and doing nothing. He doesn't mind sitting down on his own and just observing everything around him. Watching the clouds, analyzing people, or simply sleeping. He does have an interest in sports, but doesn't play any due to personal experiences when he was younger. If it was up to him he'd drink soda all day while caring for plants. If you asked his older brother, Wes could handle a flower like nobody's business.

Wesley's dislikes and fears include the dark, parties, and bugs, which obviously hampers his plant experiences quite often. He's learned to deal with bugs like ants and flies. However, the larger ones including spiders, butterflies, praying mantises, and beetles give him the heeby jeebies. (is that how people spell that? Whatever, I just like made up words. xD)

Godly Parent: Dionysus, God of Wine, Theater, Vegetation, and Madness

History: Wes grew up with his mother and his older half brother, Tadeo. His mom constantly bounced from boyfriend to boyfriend, but recently married a man named Lionel. Luckily for Wes, this was his favorite guy so far... At first...

Throughout his life, Wesley's mom struggled with alcohol abuse. Wes interpreted it as her self-coping mechanism for her constant breakups. The woman had stunning looks, but according to Tadeo she went crazy after Wesley's dad left her. Whenever she lost a boyfriend, she'd fall back onto the alcohol. Meanwhile, the family had two young boys both going through school with ADHD and Dyslexia that went undiagnosed and a lack of stead income. Tadeo and Wes stuck together throughout, knowing that they had to rely on each other. Tadeo was big and strong, Wes was small and smarter. They had just the duo to get along on their own.

"I remember when I was about 8 years old, our family was living in South Carolina. Tadeo was 13 years old at the time. Our mom was in a drunken state, so we left the house and managed to hitch a bus ride off to Francis Marion National Forest. We were both angry at our mom and we had decided we were going to live on our own, in the forest. If you ask me, we were attacked by 3 black bears. They were really fast, but we tried to run anyway. I remember it vividly. Right before they were about to take us out, they were pulled to the ground by plants. It was out of nowhere. These two men that were hiding while we were chased came out, along with a Park Ranger from the other side. We were sent home, while the two men were sent to jail for killing bears with bear traps. The odd thing was I remember the bears still moving and there were no bear traps. Tadeo told me that they weren't bears. He never did get a chance to tell me what they really were. The police called our temporary foster family and notified us that the two men were sent to an insane asylum. I'm confused.

Wesley's life was like a broken record after that point, constantly moving and helping his mother recover. He struggled all through school, having very little focus on his work and not giving a flying fruit loop about how he did. Then, his mother met a man named Lionel at one of her rehab sessions. He was there as a helper. For some odd reason, a man with a PhD went after his mother. Lionel helped her recover and also helped the boys get through all of it. They were able to move into California when Wesley was 12 and everything was fine. Except, weird things began to happen to all of Wes' friends at school. He had just started to come out of his shell a little, but he constantly had companions gaining issues. Depression, erratic behavior, one of them even attempted suicide. While Wes noticed that he was the common denominator, he knew that there was no way he could be the cause. Right?

Wes realized where everything was heading. He didn't know what was going on around him, but he decided he needed to get away. It was simply a matter of time before he started to infect his mom, Lionel, and Tadeo. If he ran away, he'd be caught. Suicide wasn't even an option in his mind. The only way to get out was to be sent away.

"When I began to fake my own insanity, Lionel tried to help me. He told my mother that it was just hormones and such. Once he realized that he couldn't help me, he completely despised me. Tadeo realized what I was doing and tried to talk me out of it, but he knew better than to tell Lionel or anybody. They might insist that he was crazy as well. It was an unpredictable situation. Before I knew it, despite my mom's wishes, Lionel sent me packing to the Three Fates School for Troubled Youth. I had just turned 13. Tadeo was 18 and I received a letter saying he was attacked by bears and then suddenly went missing. I later received a letter stating that my funding was cut off and that I was relying on government money to attend the school. They may think I'm clueless and stupid, but I'm not. I'm afraid Lionel left my mom on her own, but I'm still trying to find all of the pieces to the puzzle. I'm worried.

Abilities: Ability to cause and cure madness. If you didn't pick it up from the history, he currently holds very little control over this and it's much stronger than his other ability at the moment. It only works on mortals. (so no making monsters go insane)

Ability to "control" plants and wildlife. He can promote growth, manipulate, and even make plants grow out of nowhere. He requires at least some kind of "growth factor" for lack of a better term (at least in my head). He needs at least a little light, or a little water, some kind of stimulant nearby. The more there is, the more manipulation he has. (basically, if he's in a completely dark and dry area, he would have no power.

He's immune to the effects of alcohol, even at 13.

Roleplay Sample: "Tadeo, do you think that we could build our own house?" Wes asked his older sibling. The two were walking down the path at Francis Marion National Forest. It was long, but Wes well energized. It was a long bus ride and Wesley was asleep for the entire ride. Tadeo just kept moving along, telling Wes to keep up.

"Tadeo, are there bears?" Wes asked. Tadeo shook his head no and muttered something under his breath. He kept looking in every direction, a worried look on his face.

"Tadeo, are you okay?" Wes questioned before three bears popped out of the woods, seemingly from nowhere. Tadeo grabbed Wes and pushed him the other way.

"Run!" Tadeo shouted, taking off right behind his little brother. The two shot across the path, moving as fast as they could. Jumping over tree roots and avoiding the large rocks on the sides. Wes felt himself slowing down, when he took a bad step, going straight into a tree root. He went tumbling down, and Tadeo slid to a stop to go rescue his brother. Wesley simply looked up at the bears in fear, hoping his older would save him.

Additional Info: Tadeo is 1/4 God. I was planning explaining this more during the RP how his father is a demigod and his mother had him as a teenager. Which wouldn't be too farfetch'd. (da pun) Not to mention, his grandfather would be Kratos who's like the forgotten God of power. He'd be lacking any special or magical abilities. It would just be superb battle skills that most demigods have. I wasn't sure if we could have him be at Camp Half Blood or perhaps found later. (I have a lot of side plots going on in my head right now)

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Withdrawing Henry for the RP. It's not because of Jauntier, though I'm sure a certain few of you will be adamant on assuming so. I'm actually looking to reduce the number of RPs I'm in and would join in order to focus on more private writing projects, since writing has always been my main drive for bothering in the first place. This means I'm exploring Henry on my own and if anyone has any intentions of "adopting" him or incorporating him still as an NPC, don't.

Ya'll have a nice day.​

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years

• I was thinking that with your characters Photo-genesis and my character's need for light, they could make some awesome tag team moves in the future. However, they have some clashing personalities on the outside which could make for some fun.

I also noticed that my character is the only young one, which actually surprised me a little. I think there's one or two 15 year olds, but there's still a big difference between 13 and 15.

Years
  • ZkZxct4.png

Name: Cornelia "Nellie" Marx

Appearance: Nellie is slightly below average height for her age, standing at 4'9. Her black hair is unruly, and she often keeps it tied back in pigtails with gray ribbons. Her skin is tan due to the time she spends outside, and refuses to get anymore tan. Her face is dotted with freckles, which she's self-conscious about. She has a slight gap in her front teeth.

Attire: Nellie doesn't pay much attention to how she dresses, and just throws on whatever she can find. As a result, most of her outfits are all over the place. The only constants about what she wears are an oversized purple jacket that she almost never takes off and a silver flower necklace her father gave her.

Personality: Nellie is very immature for her age. She hates the idea of growing up and having to be responsible, and acts like a child most of the time. She has no filter, and often says what's on her mind regardless of if it hurts someone's feelings or not. She's incredibly selfish, due to the fact that she's been spoiled for most of her life and is used to not having to worry about others.

Godly Parent: Demeter, goddess of agriculture and fertility

History: Nellie was born to a father that never really wanted her, and spent most of her early life neglected as a result, though there were rare moments when her father cared for her (mostly when he brought a date over and tried to impress them, or on her birthday). She was raised mostly by a friendly neighbor, an old woman who was never able to have children and saw the young girl as her own. Nellie grew to love the old woman, and would often spend days or weeks over at her house, since her father never cared enough to check where she was.

Nellie was officially adopted by the old woman when her father gave her up on her fifth birthday, and she took on the old woman's last name. She was spoiled by Mrs. Marx, and never had to worry about anything. Nellie started kindergarten shortly after she was adopted, and she hated it. She was bullied by the other children, since she was shorter than them, and spent most of her time isolated from them. It didn't help that she would often claim to see monsters, and shortly after she began making these claims, things around her seemed to go from bad to worse. She would often get blamed for things that she had never done and often got expelled from schools within a few months and was prepared to ask Mrs. Marx to homeschool her, until she learned that she was going to the Three Fates School.

Abilities: Atmokinesis: Nellie can control the weather to a certain extent, such as making it rain, or snow, or cause the temperature to change, though she gets tired easily from doing so.

Shapeshifting: Nellie's able to change her physical form to anything she wants, though it stops working if someone touches her or if she gets distracted.

Chlorokinesis: Nellie can communicate with plants, and is able to heal them if they're sick.

Additional information: -Nellie has a major sweet tooth and is almost never seen without a piece of candy.

-Nellie carries around a pink stuffed rabbit in the pocket of her jacket for good luck.

Roleplay Sample: In which my character does a terrible job of comforting her friend

Last edited:

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years

• Kya%2BLikhu%2BApNi%2BZindaGi%2Bke%2BBaRe%2BMai.jpg

Callum Whitestone

Sex: Male

Appearance:
    Callum has pale green eyes and a very light blonde long messy hair. His face is quite soft with smooth edges. Heis relatively short and is quite thin.

Attire: Often, he's seen walking around in his pyjamas of a plain blue short sleeved shirt with grey comfortable trousers. If he knows he's going out in the cold with his pyjamas he'll put on a fleece jacket. For normal wear, He wears a dark green hoodie with a white or black shirt underneath. He changes his trousers from time to time.

Personality: Callum is not a hard-worker. He likes relaxing and loves sleeping. He is pretty lethargic and lazy in some respects. He is quite liberal. He has a bit of eccentricity, in so that he will think up of random things his mind abstractly constructed in his sleep. He doesn't understand personal space that much, so you might find him asleep on your shoulder. Additionally, he doesn't have much shame so he could be asleep in his underwear within an hour of meeting someone.

Godly Parent: Hypnos, God Of Sleep

History: Born in Colchester Hospital in Essex, at the age of 1, they moved to the London Borough of Enfield. He was told that as a baby, he was very calm and hardly ever cried.Callum has always been a trusting individual. In his early school he didn't quite fit in, just that he didn't talk to many people. Emily found herself a boyfriend while working in retail. Mark met her when she went on her break. At the age of 10, he moved to the United States with his mother and her, then, fiancée. He started to live in the US suburbs and started to go to American schools. He got a large number of friends because he learnt from his mistakes and now he had a fresh start.. He could do this because he didn't mind what people were or did. He had an amiable and chill personality. However, he got repeatedly in trouble for over sleeping, sleeping in lesson and famously coming to school in his pyjamas accidentally. His dyslexia didn't help either.

As he failed test after test, he took it again. Once again, he went to sleep. The invigilator eyed the hall until he saw Callum. It transformed it to a monster and lunged at him. On that day He dreamed that he was fighting a weird monster from Greek mythology and when he woke up the whole sports hall was trashed and a pile of golden dust was on the floor. When he staggered out of the hall, all the students were whispering about a lorry carrying glitter crashing in to the sports hall. They were going to reschedule the test. Somewhere between the fourth or sixth fire spirit. The school didn't want him any more. It seemed the more he had these dreams, the more disasters happened around him. He was expelled from school to school, until he came to the Three Fates School.

Abilities:
    Being son of the personification of Sleep, he has inherited the ability to make people drowsy, as he uses his powers, the target's mind gets a little foggy, they start to tire. The longer he exerts pressure, the stronger it gets. But a strong-willed individual could shake it off. Then, when asleep he has two main powers.

If he ends up in a deep sleep, he can see the world outside in a dream like haze. He can go anywhere he wants but the further he goes away from his dormant body the more distorted, unreal or unreliable the picture. Some times he can't tell whether what he sees is a dream or his dream-vision. But when in light sleep, he is more active and he can form a dream-shadow. An ethereal, translucent version of himself which can equip things and fight in battle, however it is quite weak without armour. The shadow forms when he is in battle or if he concentrates on making it form when he goes to sleep, a feature he hasn't found out yet. The ghostly avatar of himself can be hit by things and pick things up, he cannot take off clothes but he can put on armour while in this form. At first he didn't consciously control his Dream Shadow. However, he can control the fight, but be unaware of it. In the future he may be aware of it, instead of fighting it in a dream. The shadow is a copy of him although not lazy. When the shadow dies, Callum wakes up.

Roleplay Sample: Outbreak; Titans; Gunpowder;

Last edited:
    Years
  • Accepted!

Accepted!

EDIT:

Since we aren't in the place I thought we'd get to in the roleplay, I'm extending the Sign-up cutoff date until we get to a place where joining in becomes difficult or until we get to 15 roleplayers, whichever comes first.

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years

• Eileithyia
    spiritualist_by_katemaxpaint-d7dgts8.jpg

--=-- Immortal =--= Female --=--

Overview

Eileithyia, or Ellie, as she is more commonly known by campers at Camp Half Blood, is the goddess of childbirth. She is the camp doctor for Camp Half Blood, making sure that no demigods die under her watch. Not that it has not happened before. She was assigned to the camp because people stopped praying to her or some approximation of her because of modern medicine, so childbirth is much less painful and likely to end in death of some sort. So Mount Olympus decided she would be much better suited actually doing something, and essentially forced her to work at Camp Half Blood. This has been her incredibly salty, and a little vindictive. She is not afraid to brutally insult a camper and has actually turned someone into a baby before. Eileithyia does whatever she wants, and her sass is unchecked, the cleaning harpies answer to her only. As the goddess of childbirth though, her powers are not actually totally applicable to her job, see the abilities section.​

Abilities

Contraception
    Eileithyia has the ability to prevent anybody she wants from getting pregnant, and she has a protective force field around Camp Half Blood so nobody inside can get pregnant

Fertility
    She has the opposite of her contraceptive ability, allowing her to help anyone get pregnant

Pain Numbing
    Eileithyia can numb pain, meant to be used for labor, but she uses it in camp in incidents of awful injury. Otherwise she believes pain builds

Period and Pregnancy Easing
    Eileithyia can prevent or ease any symptoms related to pregnancy and periods, such as cravings, vomit, cramps, moodiness, etc.

Induced Labor
    She can make people feel like they are in labor at any time, a crippling pain

Infantization
    Eileithyia can turn people into babies, a power she uses very sparingly, or she can make them have the mind of a baby, which has similarly rare usage​

Hemera
    practice_03_by_leejun35-d9enr6p.jpg

--=-- Immortal =--= Female --=--

Overview

Hemera is the primordial goddess of the day. She is one of the few primordial goddesses that exclusively takes corporeal form. Hemera is the daughter of Erebus and Nyx, ironically turning into their combined opposites. She is married to Aether. Every morning, Hemera brings light (Aether) to the world, destroying the work of Erebus, making her his worst enemy. Nyx and Hemera both live in the same house in Tartarus, but they never see each other, because Nyx leaves for the night and Hemera for the day. She cannot leave her house during the night under almost any circumstances. While at her house though, she has an all seeing light called Phaos that allows her to see everything that is happening at the nighttime, and vice versa for Nyx, making her potentially more powerful at night.

Hemera is a very bubbly god, sickly sweet, like thick honey. She feels that she represents all the good in the world and has a pretty one sided view of everything. For her, all of life is black and white and she is always right. That being said, she is almost never angry, which part of what makes her annoying. Though when she is angry, it is one of the most terrifying things that someone could possibly imagine on this planet.​

Abilities

Photogenesis
    Hemera has the ability to create brilliant, holy light. The sight of it can make someone permanently loose their vision, and it is sometimes so powerful and intense that things light on fire

Photokinesis
    Hemera has absolute control over light. With this ability she can do all sorts of things, such as, lasers, invisibility, darkness, illusions/mirages, projections of light that are so condensed they take physical form, she can make shields and the like out of this. She can instantly make it day by bending all light from the other side of the planet to the side she is on, although she uses this very sparingly

Healing
    Hemera can heal anybody instantly with her light, although she has to be in contact with them

Phaos
    During the nighttime, Hemera has an all-seeing light called Phaos that makes her entirely omniscient

General Godly Powers
    Hemera can do the things that most gods can do, for example, shapeshifting, teleportation, etc.​

Last edited:

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • I don't normally post work-in-progress sheets, but I don't have a good way to store this right now.

WIP
    Spoiler:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • ahhh i'll start on an SU right away! i thought that SU's were gonna be closed by the time i got home, but thanks for extending the date :3

Years
  • Just posting to put the official dates for when I'd like things finished by. If you have any issues with the dates, need any extra time or such, don't hesitate to contact me!

Get your character to the room: Monday July 25th
    Tentative SU cutoff date: Friday July 29th
    Have your character meet the Fates: Monday August 1st

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Ill be alive an hour on the 30th, ill have something then. Ill explain everything then wiz senpai

Years
  • Changed my mind, too.

Spoiler:

Accepted! Woo! I'll add both of you two to the op just without an icon in a little bit. The icons will come once I fix my laptop.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years

• we3pave.jpg

Eamon Kane Brown

Appearance: Eamon cuts a regal, but not overly imposing figure at 5'11 with a fairly lithe, but fit musculature. His skin is creamy and unmarred by any scars, freckles, birthmarks, or other potential blemishes. The features of Eamon's effortlessly handsome face that stand out the most right away are his mouth and his eyes. His full, firm lips have just a bit of red thrown in with his normal skin tone and hide perfect, nearly sparkling ivory-white teeth and are almost always either quirked in a relaxed smirk or a mirthful smile. Eamon's eyes are actually fairly plain in their shape. The irises, on the other hand, take up a bit more real-estate on his eyes than most people and are a dazzling blue, normally cerulean but constantly shifting ever so slightly, like clear tropical water glimmering and flowing slowly enough that one can't even see it move unless focusing on it. His chin is strong, but not bulky, and he has a shapely celestial nose topping it all off. His pale blond hair usually hangs loosely about his head, stopping at the bridge of his nose at the bangs and just under his ears everywhere else. Despite not having any particular style and just sort of hanging down Eamon's hair always looks nice, as if it was blown straight up and then fell perfectly into place on the way back down.

Attire: Eamon's clothes are always nice, but not particularly fancy. He nearly always wears some sort of white T-shirt or V-neck underneath either a collared and buttoned shirt, or a sports jacket. His favorite overwear is a red sports jacket with a gold clover lapel (no it's not a four-leaf) and no actual lettering from any particular school. Eamon keeps his legs eternally covered in slightly worn, but tear-free blue jeans and either white tennis shoes with black tongues, or dark brown steel-toed boots. The genuinely notable and unique aspects of Eamon's clothing are all gold, which he has an affinity for. There's his lapel, as well as an old Roman Fortuna coin he often flips over and over again when bored or unable to make a decision about something. His most precious possession is an ornate white-gold pocketwatch-locket with a picture of his father inside, opposite of the watch face, worn around his neck by the chain instead of kept in any actual pockets.

Personality: The first things that come to mind when one looks at Eamon are that he's a friendly and talented, but arrogant pretty boy who's had too easy a life up until now to justify his confidence. All those things are true, but like anyone else there's more to him than can be seen at first glance. Eamon seems to almost perpetually be in a good mood, usually only frowning sarcastically for the sake of a joke or making a point and is eternally prepared to throw out a quip, sarcastic remark, or tease. He believes that sometimes, having something to say at all is more important than what you say, and he goes out of his way to always have a response for everything. He's friendly more often than not, but that's not to say he's an especially nice guy. Eamon is easily bored, and no one specific emotion or attitude really dominates his personality, so he can often come off as very dismissive to anyone or anything not holding his interest at the moment, though he does usually feel guilty when he offends someone without a good reason. Truly what dominates Eamon's emotional spectrum is it's strength. Eamon tends to stick to one mood or feeling stubbornly and changing how he feels about a thing or situation is difficult, but whatever he's feeling at any given time he always feels with great intensity.

Thanks to how easily everything in life has seemed to just fall into place for Eamon so far, he's very confident in himself and his luck, to the point of being cocky. He always goes into every situation with faith in his chances of succeeding, and although he often does, it's caused him trouble plenty of times. He can also come off as quite lazy and uninspired whenever nothing at a given moment particularly interests him, but he jumps into anything that does catch hold of his interest with supreme focus and enthusiasm, otherwise he just flits from topic to topic like a breeze. Despite Eamon's near constant desire not to get involved with anything that doesn't seem fun to him, he's always had an irresistible, primal desire to right any wrong he sees that goes against his morals, and usually shocks people when he jumps into action to stop something he seems like he'd just step away from to avoid a hassle.

Eamon tends to deal with people the same way he deals with everything else. That is: is easily bored by people who don't catch his interest, tends to stick strongly to how he feels about a person, but feels it intensely. This can be quite troublesome for the people around him at times or very beneficial thanks to the way his abilities work. Eamon is, however, very analytical underneath his apparent ADHD and is nearly always assessing the odds of every possibility he can think of for various relevant situations. One way to always get Eamon's interest, and keep it is to challenge him. His life's felt so easy to him so far that he jumps ravenously at any opportunity to really be pressed into giving things his all.

Eamon also has a strange stance on romance. He can often be seen reading romance stories, and rom-com seems to be his favorite genre of all time, he even sometimes fantasizes or rants about people's relationships - both real and simply hoped for - as if he were reading a story he was a big fan of, yet he completely avoids romance for himself. In fact, he seems dead set about any sort of romantic relationship or feelings with anyone else, or towards him, and seems to fight against any situation that goes for the emotional side of love instead of simple lust.

Godly Parent: Tyche, Goddess of good fortune, chance, and providence.

History: So far Eamon's life has been a pretty straightforward story of a talented boy with a single father, and enough talent and luck to coast through life as if it were a game. Until recently the only thing Eamon's known about his mother was that she "swept into my life like a gale, blowing away all sense of reason and my previous understanding of beauty!" As his father tells it. They met in a simple and innocent twist of fate at a pub in good ol' Ireland after a hard day at work in the quarry for Ardan. He was just sitting and having a drink to unwind, and she strode right through the doors and zeroed in on him. Not only was she the most ravishing vision of beauty he'd ever seen, but she was so charming, and just listening to her speak was almost euphoric for the man. They sat and talk for what seemed like hours, then she excused herself and just like that she was gone.

About a month after the strange encounter with that amazing woman, she showed up at Ardan's home with no warning and asked if he was going to invite her in. By all accounts the man should have been wary, and firing any number of questions at the young lady, but he found himself holding the door open moments later and simply accepting the twist of fate. The two talked for a while and meshed even better than they had at the pub, everything either one did just seemed...right, like they were at some inevitable crossroads any path they could have taken would still lead to. After a night that felt as if it lasted for days on end, the woman left, offering Ardan one final smile and saying "May fortune bring us together again." That was the last time Ardan saw her....for about nine months.

Eamon ended up being one of many children unfortunate enough to have a single parent. When his mother had brought him home to his father all those years ago, she'd vehemently insisted she couldn't stay, but claimed with equal conviction that she'd love nothing more than to spend the rest of their lives together. She seemed scared, dogged even, and no sooner did Ardan had a proper grip on the swaddled baby than had his mother all-but-vanished. There isn't really much to say about the boy's life growing up. Ardan more than made up for the lack of a mother with more love, devotion, and understanding than most nuclear families can hope for. Even at a young age, Eamon showed himself to be a prodigy at nearly everything he did. As the years went on, Eamon barely knew what the word "failure" even meant as, time after time, he crushed every challenge set before him, and charmed every person he meant.

The first taste of true misfortune Eamon had since finding out his mother had 'abandoned' him was when his father decided that quarry work, and the basic manual labor he'd been doing didn't cut it providing for them. Ardan's cousin in America had been telling him about a huge boom in growth for various cities in the country lately. In fact, professional construction workers made great money for doing manual labor, as long as they were competent and safe. In recent years Ardan had grown uncharacteristically bitter about staying in the house where he'd conceived his son before the most amazing women he'd ever met subsequently ran straight back out of his life, and he didn't take much convincing once he was confident he could make a living in the so-called 'land of freedom'.

In America nothing changed much for Eamon, he still succeeded time-and-again at nearly everything he did, now with the added bonus of having a noted accent and stories of his home to tell. It would be during his high school years that Eamon's luck started to change. He began to encounter - seemingly at random - people that had nothing but glares and harsh words for him regardless of his attempts to charm them, and a few even attempted to pick fights with him. It was on one such day that Eamon was first exposed to an undeniable sign of his heritage. The boy was all but dragged into an alleyway after school by a trio of thugs that were sick of him "running around like you own the place", but something was off about them. They all had a strange glimmer to their eyes, and when the first boy rushed at Eamon, his fist seemed much larger than it should be when it slammed into his face. Less than a minute later Eamon had his back to the wall, with the largest of the bullies looming over him, shimmering, and looking bigger every second.

For the first time in his life, Eamon was absolutely terrified. The boy found himself at a loss for what to do in the face of true danger, he put his arms up in front of his face in a desperate attempt to shield himself and nearly lost what little breath he had when the bullish man's huge fist slammed into a golden disc hovering between them. Before he even had time to question what was happening, the disc slammed the largest of his assailants into the wall opposite him, and they all scattered like petals in the breeze. The disc seemed to shrink after the danger had passed, and moments later it was sitting on the ground at Eamon's feet. When he reached for his savior it snapped open on its own. It was a pocket watch, with a small picture of his father on the inside of the cover. Eamon brought the watch home to his father, and with a heavy sigh, Ardan shattered Eamon's understanding of his life and himself. Apparently his mother hadn't stayed completely out of his life, the watch was a gift from her, one Ardan had already known about. Even stranger, those men who'd attacked him weren't human. Ardan hated to uproot Eamon for the second time in his life, but now that this had all happened, he'd have to switch schools. Even at such terrible news, Eamon's smile never faltered, if anything he saw it all as an adventure.

Abilities:
    Probability Manipulation: Eamon seems to be eternally surrounded by large amounts of luck, regardless of whether it's good or bad. As a child of Tyche, Eamon can shift the odds of anything in his favor, as well as for or against those around him. Eamon's 'probability field' for lack of a better term, is much stronger than any of his half-siblings before him, but he doesn't have direct control over it. Things seem to just shift according to how he feels. People he likes seem to consistently have good things happen to them when he's around, people who he doesn't are terribly jinxed. (Gotta balance out all the luck some people have somehow)

Fated Talent: Not really anything magical or overtly divine, but Eamon's naturally takes to almost everything he does, rapidly growing in skill at most things with little practice. These talents can be blamed on his luck and heritage rather easily.

Animals also have a habit of nearly always inexplicably loving Eamon.

Additional information: Don't ever let Eamon settle something with a coin toss, his Fortuna coin has not once ever fallen on a losing side for him. Don't ever touch his locket without express permission.

Roleplay Sample: Some time with the amazing Doctor Gooseland and Love-King Jeffrey Miles: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8030718&postcount=119
    Anko is best girl: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8039778&postcount=121

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Accepted!

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • discord (puke)
    Guess it doesn't matter since im not able to use it anyway. Why change tho

Back