• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your greatest gaming moment/accomplishment?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • hJ9fE9O.jpg

The title really says it all. Sometimes it could be centered around defeating a certain difficulty in a video game, sometimes it's by being able to collect all of the collectibles in a game, and sometimes it's about being able to reach a certain milestone like clearing a certain amount of waves in a horde mode for a game. The list goes on and on, but it's these kind of accomplishments or moments that make you proud as gamers. As the title says, what was your greatest gaming accomplishment?

I think for myself, it was getting a perfect recording reaching The Lighthouse in Trials of Osiris for Destiny. Essentially, to reach Mercury or The Lighthouse for super rare loot and rewards, you had to have a perfect record of 9-0 without losing a single match in intense PvP 3v3 matches. I can't even tell you how sweat inducing these events were for myself, and how ultimately exhilarating the whole ordeal was. Only a very small percentage of Destiny gamers have actually accomplished this feat, so when I did it I ultimately jumped for joy!

Yukari

Finally beating Ninja Gaiden and Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels. cx

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Reaching Diamond 1 in League of Legends in 2013.

I consider this my greatest achievement in my history of playing League. I started playing League of Legends as early as late 2010 when i finally got the hang of the game. I never really considering playing ranked since not only did I had Ladder anxiety, but also i didn't want to play on higher stakes knowing that people in Ranked are far more toxic if things went poorly. But after being inspired by a friend who reached Master tier in less than a month, I decided to try hard and got what i wanted. 2013 in League was my favorite year and season for some reason mainly since it was the time where i was at my best, and the time where i had enough time to play League and still concentrate on school and other aspects in life. That feeling i had in reaching Diamond 1 in 2013 was so magical to me that I celebrated it with my friends. Also, I got to play Xin Zhao as often as I could. Reaching Diamond 1 with my favorite champion was such a glorious feeling.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • According to Steam, that would be destroying the turret on a Blackhawk with an RPG while on a high-speed train in Payday 2, which only .93% of people who played the game have done.

Though if I were to count a weird thing that requires a mod, it would be equipping the ADR-97 SMG (which is a mod made by Devs to promote high-quality modding) in any match, which only .39% of people have done. But that one requires downloading the mod again so I don't count it.

Years
  • Beating Metal Slug, no death. Tough. as. nails. Beating any old NES game, really. Oh, and beating any Apogee game way back in the day. Remember Apogee? No? Just me then? Okay...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Percentage wise how much of the game would you say you encountered a glitch?
    Basically only the cutscenes. It would probably even be more accurate to say that I was playing a glitch in the mold of a mediocre game. But that was kinda the thing. In the beginning, it was unbearably bad even having seen extensive gameplay of it. Actually going past "so bad it's good."

But eventually your mind numbs and you gain something akin to Stockholm syndrome if you don't drop it right off. I consider it to be a truly unique masterwork of glitches and unfinish. There is no other 06, and there won't be. Hell, I still look at the game on my shelf sometimes and realize how much I miss playing it. It was...an unforgettable experience.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Basically only the cutscenes. It would probably even be more accurate to say that I was playing a glitch in the mold of a mediocre game. But that was kinda the thing. In the beginning, it was unbearably bad even having seen extensive gameplay of it. Actually going past "so bad it's good."

But eventually your mind numbs and you gain something akin to Stockholm syndrome if you don't drop it right off. I consider it to be a truly unique masterwork of glitches and unfinish. There is no other 06, and there won't be. Hell, I still look at the game on my shelf sometimes and realize how much I miss playing it. It was...an unforgettable experience.

If you ever get across playing Sonic Boom, you'll have to tell me how the two compare. While Sonic 06 may be considered a gaming atrocity, I feel like it would be a GOTY compared to Sonic Boom.

Yukari

If you ever get across playing Sonic Boom, you'll have to tell me how the two compare. While Sonic 06 may be considered a gaming atrocity, I feel like it would be a GOTY compared to Sonic Boom.

At least Sonic 06 can be enjoyed ironically.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • In all honesty I was pretty happy the first time I hit a chopper with a random hip-fired rocket in BF4. That's one of my favorite, maybe not my best but a favorite...

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    resisting the urge to melt my dead space 3 disc into sludge

Years
  • My proudest trophy on the PS3 is for Rockband 2. It's called Bladder of Steel, where you have to play the entire Endless Setlist 2 without pausing or failing... What a time to be alive. I'm also pretty proud of the Platinum trophies for NHL 10 and NHL 11 that my cousin and I worked hard together to achieve.

As far as just general accomplishments/moments... Defeating Tabuu for the first time in SSBB, defeating Dr. Eggman in Sonic 2 for the first time, and completing Freebird for the first time in Guitar Hero II on Hard/Expert all come to mind.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Reaching Platinum 5 in League of Legends. May not sound like much of a feat since it's not Diamond or anything, but it's a huge feat for me. I've been playing since Season 2 and I played a single ranked game that season. The following seasons, I've been Gold and I've always said "Oh! I'll play more ranked the next season!" and I never did. I got placed in Gold 2 at the start of the season and decided I owe it to myself since I've been playing for so long. Finally reached Platinum the other day.

Years
  • Probably completing Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers in 8 hours, it's kinda random but I used to play that game religiously and apart from Pokemon, this was the first time I ever completed a proper game relatively quickly.

Back