• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2017 - Goals and Aspirations

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I actually want to do more gaming than just multiplayer gaming. If I pick up a single player game, I want to finish it, instead of letting it sit idly on my hard drive.

To that end, these are the games I have right now that I hope to complete in 2017.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate
    Tomb Raider
    Rise Of The Tomb Raider
    Bioshock 2
    Bioshock Infinite

Hopefully all before the next Mass Effect game.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I want to get a 3DS/2DS as soon as possible.

Before Summer 2017, I want to have finished:
    • Super Metroid
    • Metroid Prime Trilogy (as three separate games)
    • Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
    • Pokémon X (I am one gen behind)
    • Maybe Pokémon Moon if I get to it
    • Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel

These are things I definitely want to finish. I'm open for any other games that catch my interest, depending on whether I can play them (I don't have that many consoles/handhelds). I know there are some DS titles that have always interest me, so I'll see if I end up trying those.

I also have the idiotic goal to have translated at least part of the main story of 428: In a Blockaded Shibuya, because no one else is gonna do it. It's gonna be tedious, but I'm determined.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Actually, scratch Syndicate from my list. Today I remembered why I stopped playing; it crashes if you get too close to the world border.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • To reach 200,000 GamerScore. Currently sitting at 130K+; real life will probably get in the way of that, but a man can dream. But also honestly, I want to stream really badly. I have some equipment but not all, and I would love to get that going.

Actually, scratch Syndicate from my list. Today I remembered why I stopped playing; it crashes if you get too close to the world border.

And here I was thinking about playing Syndicate for the first time today ):

Years
  • 2017 is gonna be a great year for me gaming wise. I'll have Final Fantasy XV to play and Dishonored 2 when the year starts, then no doubt more games throughout the year :3

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • New Mass Effect

Git gud at Halo Wars 2 when it launches.

Get better at multiplayer gaming now that I cannot blame my network. My reaction time is shite.

PLAY MORE GAMES WITH YOU GUYS

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Going to throw something else in here. In 2017 I want to care less about achievements/trophies until I actually beat a game, then I'll go back for clean-up.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2017
    My goal for 2017 is to make a Youtube channel for games and other things I do. Some of this will also be for Pokemon cards. It is a goal I have always had and I am very excited to work on it

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Quite honestly I have a lot of games that I'd like to get back into. I keep buying games, getting new games from my boyfriend and my list of "to play" games keeps growing and I'm like "uhhh I should probably start playing lol"

The one game series I need to get into, is Shantae. I have Pirate's Curse already on PC and just got through the first chapter. My boyfriend was hyping for 1/2 Genie Hero and really wanted me to get into the series. So far I am liking Pirate's Curse but with work and all, I haven't had the chance to get back to playing it.

So goes with Assassin's Creed games too.

I also just got a PS2 for Christmas and I want to restart my PS1/PS2 collection again. Including Crash Bandicoot and Syphon Filter.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm pretty much just hoping we get a Smash 4 port for the Switch and decent controllers for it as well.

If that happens, I wanna buy it and finally start practicing more seriously.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • 1. Get Kirby: Planet Robobot and Kid Icarus: Uprising.
    2. Finish Xenoblade Chronicles.
    3. Be even better at Super Smash Bros. 4.
    4. Be able to play Earthbound.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Actually reaching the end of a Civ 5 session before deciding I want to do things differently and starting over 8D

Years
  • 100 platinum trophies in PSN including Persona 5. (currently 77)

I doubt I'll get there though... I'll probably be busy later this year.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Suppose I don't really have much at the moment....basically it's clear the few new games I have, and beat all the bosses in Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. Should probably get around to beating Telethia on XCX sometime too.

I would say "improve at Smash 4", but lol @ me being good at anything

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • First and foremost - I wanna go to Gamercon 2017 in dublin this year for my birthday. <3

With that said, looking at my games, I'd love to get the plat trophies for the following:
    Knack
    The Order: 1886
    Killer Is Dead
    Infamous
    Darksiders (ps3)
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse (ps3)
    Okami HD
    Beyond: Two Souls (ps3)
    Rainbow Moon
    DmC: Devil May Cry (PS4)
    Infamous: First Light
    Saints Row: The Third
    Saints Row IV (ps3)
    God Eater 1 & 2
    Enslaved: Odyssey To The West
    Diablo 3
    NieR
    Styx: Master Of Shadows
    Hatoful Boyfriend

In addition to this list, I'd like to make more progress with RPGs, in particular the Mass Effect trilogy and Dragon Age 1 & 2 (and hopefully buy the third game, too!)

Years
  • I'm setting up my own YouTube channel documenting my gaming exploits. Just for fun but I'd like it to be successful

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Playing ADC in 2017 (lul). Yep. I'll be dipping into something that I have not done before and I'm more than ready to die hard or try hard. Of course Jungle and Support are still my go-to's, but I've been improving on my laning since late 2016.

If i end up winning games as ADC in 2017, I'll offer prayers to my opponents for suffering something as embarrassing as losing their supposed source of Freelo.

Also, I need to learn how to play and win with Katarina because I have a gut feeling that she'll be getting some nerfs soon since as of right now, she's just oppressive to play against in EVERY tier.

Also:
    Gift friends with stuff. That's right. Whoever I feel like giving stuff such as Steam wallet codes due to my generosity and friendship will be lucky to have me as a friend ;)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm wondering if 2017 will be the year where I manage to finally getting a new gaming console, because so far I haven't bought any gaming consoles just yet (excluding PSone which was a present from my relatives, or Famiclones, or even handhelds). I'm hoping I could get either Wii, Wii U or Switch this year.

Back