• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Anticipated Games of 2017

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • What's on your radar for 2017? We're about a quarter of the way done with the year, and we've had successes such as Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild, Resident Evil 7, and Snipperclips (okay this game obviously doesn't hold the same status as the ones listed prior, but the art is so darn cute aaahhhhhh.)

So what are you most looking forward to in Q2-4 of 2017?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. This is the main reason I'm glad I bought a PS4.

Mario Kart Deluxe is another I'm looking forward to, but since I haven't got a Switch yet I won't be picking a copy up for a while. There's also a couple of Sims 4 expansions that will be coming out this quarter which sound pretty good! Other than those there aren't many others that I can think of right now. I'm guessing as we move closer to Summer is when announcements will start to gear up, particularly with E3 on the horizon!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Puyo Puyo Tetris to release on the Switch. Destiny 2 and the WWII Call Of Duty. Red Dead 2. Agents Of Mayhem.

Yukari

Persona 5 came out and that was the only thing I was looking forward to so I can die happy.

No but really the only thing I can think of is Middle-earth: Shadow of War. Shadows of Mordor was a great but flawed game so I'm very interested in what they might do with it. c:

Last edited:
    Years
  • The only thing i'm looking forward to in this year so far is Dawn of war 3 the fantastic sequel to the not so good Dawn of war 2 i'm so excited to play it that i could die.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Seeing as I now have my hands on Persona 5, I'd probably say Super Mario Odyssey, which will eventually force me to buy a Switch, and FE: Echoes. Shenmue III, Ni no Kuni II, and Dragon Quest XI have no set date, but are suppose to be out sometime this year; looking forward to those as well.

Years
  • Dirt 4 and Crash Bandicoot are my most anticipated titles for the remainder of the year, but it doesn't mean I'm just picking up those two as I have a few titles on my radar.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • prey looks/sounds awesome tbh

scorn also looks awesome, but i doubt it will come out this year

anything in WWII is my kind of game, so count me in on it

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • No but really the only thing I can think of is Middle-earth: Shadow of War. Shadows of Mordor was a great but flawed game so I'm very interested in what they might do with it. c:
    Mmm, I'm with you there. Really interested (and equally worried) in how they plan to expand on the Nemesis system this time around. And the game world as a whole, really. Honestly, if they make the Nemesis system deeper and more complex and make the world as a whole feel a bit more alive (or at least full or interactive), I can easily see Shadow of Wardor completely outshining the original.

My doubts come in the way of them potentially making incremental improvements to create a somewhat steady river of cash in the way of sequels, but...well, staying positive.

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'm really waiting for Tekken 7 which I already preordered the $150 collector's edition box for it. Mario Odyssey i feel will be the second biggest switch title all year, and i'm waiting for Mario kart 8 deluxe, simply just to have another game to play on my Switch

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I don't play many games due to having a craptop and no consoles but PERSONA 5 ALL THE WAY. I bought the game despite not having a console to play it on. Just couldn't *not* support Atlus for finally launching my most anticipated game of the past decade. The only pain in the ass is now to somehow stay away from spoilers on youtube. Atlus' decision to block streaming, although messed up in itself, is somehow giving me hope that I'll be able to avoid being spoiled by youtube till the time I actually play the game myself.

Like I said, I don't have any consoles (for now). Yet I'm looking forward to seeing how Super Mario Odyssey turns out. The trailer blew me away. Like BoTW did.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Definitely Ricochet 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I agree! It will be great to see a game that Valve put's it's heart into again! Hell, I think the only thing they might be more passionate about is their Snack Bar with those pink 7,000 calorie cookies! It's time for an eSports revolution!

Also looking forward to

The new Metro game that will be coming out this year! It's one of my favorite series out there, and now that the studio has left the... chaos... of Ukraine for the sunny shores of Malta, I can't wait to see what they're going to put out! For the Order!

As much as I shouldn't be, I'm pretty excited to see what becomes of Destiny 2. I want to give Bungie the benefit of the doubt because of how much I love their previous track record and say they learned important lessons. I like what I've seen in the trailers and releases so far!

PAYDAY 3 is not an announced title currently, but with the lack of content and OVERKILL talking more about futures, I'm hoping to see it at this year's e3. I would love to see it put down the single city (without DLC) and maybe go global with a few regions you get heists in, and let you pick a region to have your more customisable safehouse in! Maybe something like East coast USA, Italo-France, Hong Kong, and NSW Australia would be a wide spectrum of heisting to do! (I could write a whole book on what I want to see from the game :] )

Crackdown 3, The only surviving game from MSoft's cancellation spree (I think?) I would love to get more information from this series. The last I can remember seeing was their destruction system for multiplayer and that was mind mindbogglingly awesome! All they have to do is lean the game more towards the first game with some of the (scarce) improvements from the second and we have a hit!

I'll edit this if I think of anythi-SCALEBOUNDREVIVAL-ng else. Apologies from deviating a bit from the question as well.

Years
  • I'm not really as excited for loads of games like I was last year, but Destiny 2 and Call of Duty WW2 is enough to get me hyped for the moment.

(Still praying that Bethesda announce The Elder Scrolls 6 at E3)

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    with my last post, for me anyway idk how i managed not to mention the 2 sonic games coming out this year.

Mania looks like a must play for old school fans and I have a bit of faith in sonic forces since it looks like generations which was a nice game

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I know it already came out but I'm hyped to play Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild... I don't have a Wii U (or Switch or even TV for that matter) at college, and the next time I go home is in June... I've been painfully waiting to play since release ;_;

Back