• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • My actual assesment of Bethesda's E3 gig...

Spoiler:

The best part is that most of the games shown are coming out this year. Of course Wolfenstein deserves a spot since its been years since The New Order.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • My actual assesment of Bethesda's E3 gig...

Spoiler:

The best part is that most of the games shown are coming out this year. Of course Wolfenstein deserves a spot since its been years since The New Order.
    Besides Wolfenstein, were there any other game announcements? Or was it all expansions for the most part? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I don't want to waste my time if nothing really fruitful came out of it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Besides Wolfenstein, were there any other game announcements? Or was it all expansions for the most part? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I don't want to waste my time if nothing really fruitful came out of it.

Shielding my posts to protect it from mortal eyes

Spoiler:

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Bethesda is not a company that needs a separate E3 event. No new IPs either.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm quite happy with what Bethesda revealed, despite not being a Quake/Wolfenstein fan myself. I'm ready to watch somebody who's not me play The Evil Within 2 as I did with the first one, lmao.

The Fallout VR/Skyrim Switch are both neat things, but since I have neither VR nor a Switch, they don't interest me too much (and I'd rather stick to Skyrim on my PS4 than a Switch any day, anyways). Now, if they were to release Skyrim on the VR, then damn, I'd have to make an investment.

The new Dishonored game looks fantastic . . . I still need to finish both of the first two games, but hey, I'm interested lol

And I'm actually very excited for the Creation Club. And, for anyone who didn't pay an iota of attention, it's not quite paid mods at all. Either way, it's a way around Sony's fucking mod cockblock that is probably the only thing ever that Microsoft has made a superior decision on, so that pleases me.

I haven't looked into EA at all, but the previously mentioned new AC game is exactly what was expected, which I'm interested in, so I'll look into it more later.

As for other conferences, I'm interested to see what Ubisoft has to offer, as well as Sony's conference. As for Nintendo, new news on USUM and any Fire Emblem games is really all I care about.

edit: watched the AC Origins trailer, and legit I'm just happy that the pyramids are white with gold caps
    too many things dealing with ancient Egypt don't actually know what it looked like lmao

Last edited:
    Years
  • Tbh there's only three games that have got me genuinely hyped so far, AC Origins, Anthem and the new Dishonored game. Honestly feel this could be the best Assassin's Creed game in years and Anthem looks like everything Destiny should have been - in a way. Also just want to mention, the Sea of Thieves demonstration seemed to go on for like an hour I was so bored lmao.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Age of Empires remaster is one I'm seriously considering on buying when it's out. Idk whether it was rumoured already but I had no idea they were going to pull that one on us! Loved the original and the updated graphics look great.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Not bad sony not bad.

Apart from what was already seen prior, i have to say that i like what was shown:

Monster Hunter World
    Spider Man
    Final Fantasy fishing
    Shadow of the colossus remastered

And an even bigger trailer of call of duty ww2. And of course God of war 2018. The best part about god of war is that it acknowledges it ad a sequel to the past games so thats a big plus.

Alright to be fair, the call of duty ww2 multiplayer reveal didnt really show much details other than the possible weapons, equipment, and vehicles(?), but at least the female soldiers are 1000% confirmed as heard in one part of the video (female trooper saying cover me). But the details or even teaser snippest of divisions wasnt shown. I felt that was too vague.

Still, sony's presentation is a definite upgrade from Bethesda's powerpoint presentation.

A call of duty ww2 and destiny 2 gaming marathon with friends out of 10

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Gamefreak officially announced they're working on a Pokemon game for the Switch. Nintendo also announced a new Kirby, Yoshi, and surprisingly, a new Metroid game. They're also bringing Rocket League for the Switch too.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Ori and Beyond Good and Evil 2 had the best trailers. Code Vein (dat music), Metro, Wolfenstein, and Ashen look great as well. Mario Odyssey is probably the most creative game shown with those possession mechanics. Last Night, in particular, is really gorgeous.

As impressive as 2015 was, the two Metroid games and Monster Hunter: World make this my most favorite E3 in recent memory. I'm cautiously optimistic about the latter. However, it's being developed by the main dev team of MonHun, which gives me faith that they won't screw it up.

Oh and Pokemon getting confirmed for Switch is appreciated, but I was expecting it to happen eventually.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • That Mario Odyssey song '1-UP Girl' is some really catch stuff. October can't come soon enough. 3D World felt very by the books, but it's looks like they're pulling out all their creativity for Odyssey!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Yeah, Nintendo did pretty good.

Yoshi
    Kirby
    Rocket League
    Metroid Prime 4
    Main series Pokemon game
    Mario Odyssey

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I can now confirm that; Far-Cry 5, Halo Wars 2 Awakening the Nightmare, and Crackdown 3 are all really fun.

I'm still trying so very hard to hit Destiny but the line is normally closed and I heard it's a 5 hour wait.

If not that, then I will hit Wolfenstein II (I was told they give you a kickass milkshake after the 30 minute SP demo) and the rest of the Microsoft booth.

Ironically enough Sony's booth is a shitshow and their plan to cut down on lines really fucked everything over to the point where even sony fans are going to Xbox booth just to DO something.

I've no idea what to make of Nintendo's booth. The booth is pretty but it's just a tangle of unorganised people and freeform lines.

I'll put up some pics and stuff when I get home as I don't have the patience to sit and do it on this connection...

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Yeah, Nintendo did pretty good.

Yoshi
    Kirby
    Rocket League
    Metroid Prime 4
    Main series Pokemon game
    Mario Odyssey

I'll be so broke :( I want the all, except Rockt league. Still haven't got my Bomberman game neither. And now I expect the XBoxOne to be cheaper... $$$$$$

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I can now confirm that; Far-Cry 5, Halo Wars 2 Awakening the Nightmare, and Crackdown 3 are all really fun.

I'm still trying so very hard to hit Destiny but the line is normally closed and I heard it's a 5 hour wait.

If not that, then I will hit Wolfenstein II (I was told they give you a kickass milkshake after the 30 minute SP demo) and the rest of the Microsoft booth.

Ironically enough Sony's booth is a shitshow and their plan to cut down on lines really fucked everything over to the point where even sony fans are going to Xbox booth just to DO something.

I've no idea what to make of Nintendo's booth. The booth is pretty but it's just a tangle of unorganised people and freeform lines.

I'll put up some pics and stuff when I get home as I don't have the patience to sit and do it on this connection...
    When I went to PAX East this year Nintendo's lines were exactly this as well. For some reason they are just absolute trash at organizing simple lines.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • The last day of E3 is up : (

But I got to play the only game I needed to play there, which was Destiny 2. I think they had the coolest line, so I'll have lots of pictures of that (about 18) to post when I get home saturday. I am so very happy I played that game but now it makes the wait (which will be even longer because I'm on PC) so much harder.

I also played Super Lucky's Tale, and I'm very happy with that game to. Excuse the saying, but its just a nice happy go lucky kind of game. The devs on site really irradiated the love they put into the game and the feel good mood of everything. I think it's going to be a day one pickup for me (and thats not normally a genre I play with)!

Back