• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    I have a little problem, I managed to follow the tutorial and havent got any errors, how do i know? well thats simple:
    I made balbasaur mega evolveinto venusaur whitout an item I cant m evolve it in battle but when i defeat the wild pokemon my bulbasaur is switched with venusaur and when i defeat another wild pokemon venusaur becomes bulbasaur, with that being said I know that i have inserted megas.
    But i dont know what to do next, or to be more precise how to set up my item that mega will react to thanks in advance

What I did so far :
    I changed 0x4001 player variable before building the mega to 0x161 to gold teeth as a test and did make insert.py cmd and in nothing required in g3t typed 13 which is id of potion
    a nd when i start the game with bulbasaur and get the gold teeth in key items and bulbasaur is holding potion i cant mega evolve and i dont even see mega icon

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I have a little problem, I managed to follow the tutorial and havent got any errors, how do i know? well thats simple:
    I made balbasaur mega evolveinto venusaur whitout an item I cant m evolve it in battle but when i defeat the wild pokemon my bulbasaur is switched with venusaur and when i defeat another wild pokemon venusaur becomes bulbasaur, with that being said I know that i have inserted megas.
    But i dont know what to do next, or to be more precise how to set up my item that mega will react to thanks in advance

What I did so far :
    I changed 0x4001 player variable before building the mega to 0x161 to gold teeth as a test and did make insert.py cmd and in nothing required in g3t typed 13 which is id of potion
    a nd when i start the game with bulbasaur and get the gold teeth in key items and bulbasaur is holding potion i cant mega evolve and i dont even see mega icon

0x4001 is a temporary variable, use one between 0x4011 - 0x40FF

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    0x4001 is a temporary variable, use one between 0x4011 - 0x40FF
    Thanks for the reply.
    If i understand correctly the 4001 is the temporarily variable for players key stone, and if you say that i should use one between 0x4011 - 0x40FF, so of i want my mega bracelet to be golden teeth which is 0x169 i should do 4011 + 169 which would make 417A. Am i correct?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Thanks for the reply.
    If i understand correctly the 4001 is the temporarily variable for players key stone, and if you say that i should use one between 0x4011 - 0x40FF, so of i want my mega bracelet to be golden teeth which is 0x169 i should do 4011 + 169 which would make 417A. Am i correct?

No what you would do is edit the Config file for the mega evolution to use a different variable instead and then in game you would make a script that sets your var to 0x169
    ie
    //Code
    setvar 0x4030 0x169
    //more code

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • It's weird because when I went to edit it, the attachment is there, but it wasn't available.

I had to add a separate attachment button.

Yeah, that's so weird, I saw that it was edited couple of days ago but no file attached to it. Perhaps, mediafire would ease the your work so you don't have to upload it over and over again whatever circustances may happen.

RuFF

Hope you're having a RuFF day!
    Years
  • Will this work on progressed hack with expanded Pokemon and Evolution? Also, if I managed to implement it to a clean rom, will I still be able to expand the number of Pokemons and Evolutions?

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Will this work on progressed hack with expanded Pokemon and Evolution? Also, if I managed to implement it to a clean rom, will I still be able to expand the number of Pokemons and Evolutions?
    I do believe the latest version is designed specifically to work with expanded tables, but I'm not sure, since I'm still using an older version of the code since I have to lose a ton of development if I want to update since patching over the old code causes bugs and my version is pre-removal patch implementation.

Just backup your ROM, expand then patch and see if it works out; if not, then roll back to the backup :)

RuFF

Years
  • I do believe the latest version is designed specifically to work with expanded tables, but I'm not sure, since I'm still using an older version of the code since I have to lose a ton of development if I want to update since patching over the old code causes bugs and my version is pre-removal patch implementation.

Just backup your ROM, expand then patch and see if it works out; if not, then roll back to the backup :)

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Will this work on progressed hack with expanded Pokemon and Evolution? Also, if I managed to implement it to a clean rom, will I still be able to expand the number of Pokemons and Evolutions?
    In the src folder, you can open evo.h. It is looking at areas of your ROM for a pointer to the evolution table and evolutions per pokemon. That's an area most people don't change, but even if they do, that's the beauty of this being open source. You can just change the file.

RuFF

Years
  • It's me again, I got it working but when my enemy Brock uses it to Onix his second Pokemon, it will say "Geodude's Heart Scale is reacting to Brock's Gold Teeth." and it continues to mega evovle but it doesn't change it's Sprite and says "Geodude mega evolved into mega Steelix". Please help me :(

I used heart scale as it's mega stone, gold teeth as key stone, and steelix as it's mega.

EDIT: I tried change Brock's Pokemon into Onix only and it work fine.

Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • I don't know if anyone has tried kleenexfeu's Mega Evolution in Emerald, but I found some problems.

Apparently, the only one that works perfectly is the Wish Mega Evolution. However, the other two, Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution with an item...not so much...

Primal Reversion...flat out doesn't work. I used G3T AND G3HS and it still won't work. All I get is this:
    Spoiler:

Then, with Mega Evolution with a Mega Stone, it works...to a certain extent. I gave my Venusaur a Venusaurite, and when I activated it, the game locked up...for 30 seconds, THEN it activated.
    Spoiler:

Once it Mega Evolves, however:
    Spoiler:

That's not Mega Venusaur, I made sure a few hundred times. Has anyone else have this problem?

Also, there was one other glitch that I found where the Pokemon would stay as the Mega. I fixed it very easily. Just set the Mega Evolution option or Primal Reversion option to the Mega form to the original Pokemon. BUT, set the argument to 0 in G3T, or in G3HS, if you have an item, set it to the very first item, or the ??????? one. If you have a move, set it to the - option, which is the first option.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I don't know if anyone has tried kleenexfeu's Mega Evolution in Emerald, but I found some problems.

Apparently, the only one that works perfectly is the Wish Mega Evolution. However, the other two, Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution with an item...not so much...

Primal Reversion...flat out doesn't work. I used G3T AND G3HS and it still won't work. All I get is this:
    Spoiler:

Been a while since I didn't test this version, but I never had this bug.

Then, with Mega Evolution with a Mega Stone, it works...to a certain extent. I gave my Venusaur a Venusaurite, and when I activated it, the game locked up...for 30 seconds, THEN it activated.
    Spoiler:

Same.

Once it Mega Evolves, however:
    Spoiler:

Same.

That's not Mega Venusaur, I made sure a few hundred times. Has anyone else have this problem?

Also, there was one other glitch that I found where the Pokemon would stay as the Mega. I fixed it very easily. Just set the Mega Evolution option or Primal Reversion option to the Mega form to the original Pokemon. BUT, set the argument to 0 in G3T, or in G3HS, if you have an item, set it to the very first item, or the ??????? one. If you have a move, set it to the - option, which is the first option.

It is in the explanations if I remember well

I'll test later these bugs, but the mega will be in my base anyway, so you can either wait or try to make this work.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • There is a problem with my AI evolution. I made a test run by putting a pokemon capable of megavolving at the first slot of opponent's party. I set both the player's and opp.'s var to the corresponding index item (161). The problem is sometimes, the battle freezes after my pokemon initiates an attack to the megavolving pokemon. But if it successfully mega-evolved, there are gibberish/glitchy messages appears in the text box (example: sadasdhajskdhasjkd$%!^&!^ is reacting to Ben's Mega Ring.)

I'm not sure what i've had messed up so im hoping for a heads-up. Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Sorry to bother you figured everything out and works perfectly thankk you very much :)))

Last edited:

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • There is a problem with my AI evolution. I made a test run by putting a pokemon capable of megavolving at the first slot of opponent's party. I set both the player's and opp.'s var to the corresponding index item (161). The problem is sometimes, the battle freezes after my pokemon initiates an attack to the megavolving pokemon. But if it successfully mega-evolved, there are gibberish/glitchy messages appears in the text box (example: sadasdhajskdhasjkd$%!^&!^ is reacting to Ben's Mega Ring.)

I'm not sure what i've had messed up so im hoping for a heads-up. Thanks in advance!

Here is my screenshots of errors:
    Spoiler:

Here's the script:
    Spoiler:

Back