• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Zapdos, Moltres or Articuno

Your favorite

• Total voters

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Articuno all the way for me! Zapdos is certainly the coolest of the bunch, but Articuno was simply beautiful. If there's one thing I can appreciate it's a beautifully designed Pokemon. Moltres seemed a tad bit lazy though. I felt like they could have done so much more with it. I'm really glad we got another fire bird in Ho-Oh to make up for it.

Years
Mine would have to be Zapdos, because i'm the kind that likes cool designed Pokémon, and it has some good use in-game, even if it gets totally walled by most Ground-types.

Articuno does take hits extremely well though (except Rock), and STAB Ice Beam is nice so he's #2 of the three for me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
My favourite is Moltres. First and foremost, I like the name Moltres. I'm no etymologist but I'm pretty sure the name derives from "molton" and "très" (French) which makes "very hot". Moltres is a very hot bird and I like hot birds.

I have a 94 Firebird, and I just requested a MOLTRES personalized license plate, in 8-10 weeks it will be on my car <3

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
i try to catch all 3 because I want to get as close to a complete pokedex as possible, but the one I use most is Zapdos. Zapdos is not only the coolest one but it has the most uses.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I did catch all of them in FR/LG, and HG/SS. But my favorite would definitely have to be Articuno. I mean, just that thing.... it looks marvelous! Especially in Emerald and FR/LG, haha. And because it was Ice/Flying meant it could knock out most Dragon-Types ;; and in one hit because it's a legendary :)

Moltres also was my second favorite, quite close. The flames coming of its body look amazing! I really like his Pokédex entry too. It mentions something about like wherever it flies it sets ablaze. Now srsly, how awesome would that be~

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
I feel Articuno had the best design, and his moves weren't half-bad either. Seems like everyone uses Zapdos these days.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I caught all three and liked all three.

Ignoring their performance in battle, I really liked Articuno best because it was so gorgeous! I still think it's the best looking one of the three!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Articuno is my favorite. I love the design of its feathers and tail. It's sleek and serene. Zapdos and Moltres just aren't as elegant to me.

Years
Articuno! In the Pokemon Movie that featured the legendary birds, I was fascinated by Articuno's majestic, beautiful appearance. Moltres and Zapdos looked quite villainous and not the type of Pokemon I'd want to have to control. Articuno was the odd one out, and she continues to be one of my favorite legendaries in the series.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't really have that much of a preference between the three, but if I had to pick one it would probably be Articuno. Its design is really nice and elegant, as Blade said.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Zapdos was always my fav. Articno is very good too. I don't like nor hate Molters. I Think Articno got better design then Molters. But no one is better then Zapdos and its sparkling spiky wings.

Flow So Gorgeous

Flipping Awesome
Years
Zapdos is my Favorite. I love his design and move set. The other two are not that far behind, but Zapdos was my first legendary and I treasure it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I've always had a soft spot for Articuno, I really like its cry, design and even its location captured my imagination.

Zapdos is a close second I'd say, mainly because I really like both Electric and Ice types.

Moltres is kinda meh for me. It always seemed silly to place it in Victory Road back in the original versions but I found myself enjoying capturing it more in the remakes atop of Mt. Ember.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I've always been partial to Articuno because look at the pretty birdy I love its design.

Back