• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Emblem: Chapters 1/2

Best format for FTE? (Details: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9938264#post9938264)

• Option 1: One story, one map

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Option 2: One story, two maps

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Option 3: Two stories, two maps

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Haha thank you, I am looking forward to playing! I meant Magic Guard as you guys assumed but I was kinda zoning out so I mixed the two abilities up.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I think Sunny weather/Rain will be used more as a weather condition on the map rather than being set up by a Pokemon. If it's a desert strong sunlight is likely with Rain being possible in a Swamp.

I think Synthesis is the only move of Petilil affected by the weather.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I think Sunny weather/Rain will be used more as a weather condition on the map. If it's a desert strong sunlight is likely with Rain being possible in a Swamp.

I think Synthesis is the only move of Petilil affected by the weather.

Weather can be anything ,regardless of terrain if a Pokemon has the move to put it into effect. There's also moves like Mud Sport, Water Sport, etc. that lower the effectiveness of moves of a certain type. Mud Sport in particular was used against me and my team in the FTE GT event.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Whilst my speed will be boosted by strong sunlight we need to be aware that the enemys will too if they have Chlorophyll. If the boss is a Vileplume Sunny Day will boost it tremendously and I wouldn't be able to do anything to it but your Vulpix will have boosted fire attacks.

Swift Swim boosts Pokemon's speed in the rain. Swift Swimmers include Kabutops.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Whilst my speed will be boosted by strong sunlight we need to be aware that the enemys will too if they have Chlorophyll. If the boss is a Vileplume Sunny Day will boost it tremendously and I wouldn't be able to do anything to it but your Vulpix will have boosted fire attacks.

Swift Swim boosts Pokemon's speed in the rain. Swift Swimmers include Kabutops.

True but Vileplume is vulnerable to more of our team than just me ;). Hit(Archen), Windmill(Rowlet) with Flying Attacks, Meta(Scyther) with Bug moves(once it learns one that is) and Rinnia(Ralts and now Robin too) with Psychic attacks. I would include Nah's Gible but she doesn't know any Ground moves. Granted of everyone there, I'm the best counter seeing as I resist its Grass moves while dealing boosted Fire moves back at it.

In any case, I'm anxious to see the new landscape and opponents in Battle#2.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    True and don't forget about Windmill(Rowlet). Darn lazy bird sleeps too much.

Of course, can't forget our dearest Windmill.

Anyways, if I never post again it's because I either burned to death, melted or evaporated. I'm going to the exhibition in my city today and it's currently 40 degrees celsius. Pray for me.

Years
  • Where I live, it's like a convention of Drought-users that has been going on for months. Try to stay cool. I'm certainly not a fan of a constant Sunny Day in real life. Our attempts to try to get a Rain Dance started haven't worked. lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Yes, I agree. Although, I wouldn't want it to rain either, that'd ruin my makeup. Love rainy weather but not when I'll be outside for 7-8 hours. I'm going to bring water and wear as little clothing as possible to try to survive.

Will MysticalNinetales survive Fire Type Exhibition? Stay tuned.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Of course, can't forget our dearest Windmill.

Anyways, if I never post again it's because I either burned to death, melted or evaporated. I'm going to the exhibition in my city today and it's currently 40 degrees celsius. Pray for me.

40 Celsius is no laughing matter but I was in 42 Celsius at 8pm at night with the humidity at like 15%. Granted that was Needles, CA but that's despite the point. The only thing that would make your situation more ironic is that your Pokemon was Magcargo.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    40 Celsius is no laughing matter but I was in 42 Celsius at 8pm at night with the humidity at like 15%. Granted that was Needles, CA but that's despite the point. The only thing that would make your situation more ironic is that your Pokemon was Magcargo.

I'm still alive and can continue kicking ass in this game!

Luckily, I didn't burn I just tanned and I had an amazing time. The temperature cooled down drastically around 6-7ish and then I was able to breathe. Before that, I was sweating so much it was gross. All in all it was worth it, I went on so many rides and had fun with close friends.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • It's been over 40?C here for weeks as well and I learned how a melting ice cream feels. Sun is fun, but these temperatures are ridiculous when you're used to standard Dutch weather: cold and wet.

Unrelated to the weather, cool stuff is coming up in a bit here!

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Hey everyone! As you are probably aware, the previous battle was just the first run of this game. For a first try, it didn't do half-bad if I may say so myself. Of course a few tweaks could make the game flow just a little smoother. Here's what changes as we update the game to version 1.1...

"Patch notes":
    - Starting the next battle, there will be a time limit of 72 hours (3 days) on each round to get your moves ready. I hope we can make this work and increase the flow of the game this way. A helpful way to write your moves on some occasions might be "I move to K3 once that lazy Rowlet moves away from there" or "I use Water Gun on the evil Sandshrew if it's still up or target his ally Vanillite if otherwise" so that you don't have to wait for others to make their posts first. :)
    - As I already announced, it's "move first, action second" on each of your turns from now on. There are a few ways the opposite could be abused (*cough* Whirlpool *cough*) so this is definitely needed. On the bright side, this makes it impossible to hit one of you first, should one of my characters decide to chicken out again. The rules have been modified to reflect this change.
    - Critical hit damage and probability will now work as the in Gen VII, which means you now have a 1 in 24 chance to deal ?1.5 critical damage. I had no clue they even changed this in Sun/Moon. Luckily random.org had decided that crits were barely needed in the previous game, so it wouldn't have made much difference.
    - Several moves have been slightly altered to make them better balanced. It's mostly PP increases, but it's worth to take a look here to see if it affects you. I'm sure at least Meta would be overjoyed with these for sure!
    Spoiler: Move update log
    "Priority moves", such as Quick Attack and Vacuum Wave now have infinite PP (used to be 3).
    Bite now has infinite PP (used to be 3)
    Whirlpool, Sand Tomb and Fire Spin now only last 3 turns (used to be 4).
    Feint now has 3 PP (used to be 2).
    Feint Attack now has 3 PP (used to be 2).
    Growl now hits all enemies in a Burst 2 (used to be a confusing "all enemies within two squares"), effect only lasts for 1 turn (used to be 2).
    Pursuit now has 3 PP (used to be 2).
    Rollout now has 85% accuracy (used to be 90%).
    Fury Cutter now has 75% accuracy (used to be 80%).
    Helping Hand now effects allies only in Burst 1.
    Night Shade now has 3 PP (used to be 2).
    Icy Wind now has 2 PP (used to be 1).

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Hey everyone! As you are probably aware, the previous battle was just the first run of this game. For a first try, it didn't do half-bad if I may say so myself. Of course a few tweaks could make the game flow just a little smoother. Here's what changes as we update the game to version 1.1...

"Patch notes":
    - Starting the next battle, there will be a time limit of 72 hours (3 days) on each round to get your moves ready. I hope we can make this work and increase the flow of the game this way. A helpful way to write your moves on some occasions might be "I move to K3 once that lazy Rowlet moves away from there" or "I use Water Gun on the evil Sandshrew if it's still up or target his ally Vanillite if otherwise" so that you don't have to wait for others to make their posts first. :)
    - As I already announced, it's "move first, action second" on each of your turns from now on. There are a few ways the opposite could be abused (*cough* Whirlpool *cough*) so this is definitely needed. On the bright side, this makes it impossible to hit one of you first, should one of my characters decide to chicken out again. The rules have been modified to reflect this change.
    - Critical hit damage and probability will now work as the in Gen VII, which means you now have a 1 in 24 chance to deal ?1.5 critical damage. I had no clue they even changed this in Sun/Moon. Luckily random.org had decided that crits were barely needed in the previous game, so it wouldn't have made much difference.
    - Several moves have been slightly altered to make them better balanced. It's mostly PP increases, but it's worth to take a look here to see if it affects you. I'm sure at least Meta would be overjoyed with these for sure!
    Spoiler: Move update log
    "Priority moves", such as Quick Attack and Vacuum Wave now have infinite PP (used to be 3).
    Bite now has infinite PP (used to be 3)
    Whirlpool, Sand Tomb and Fire Spin now only last 3 turns (used to be 4).
    Feint now has 3 PP (used to be 2).
    Feint Attack now has 3 PP (used to be 2).
    Growl now hits all enemies in a Burst 2 (used to be a confusing "all enemies within two squares"), effect only lasts for 1 turn (used to be 2).
    Pursuit now has 3 PP (used to be 2).
    Rollout now has 85% accuracy (used to be 90%).
    Fury Cutter now has 75% accuracy (used to be 80%).
    Helping Hand now effects allies only in Burst 1.
    Night Shade now has 3 PP (used to be 2).
    Icy Wind now has 2 PP (used to be 1).

Not my fault Whirlpool and Fire Spin are OP when used right :P Icy Wind and Vacuum Wave change is nice though(I'd include Powder Snow for being infinite being its Alolan Vulpix's base move like Kanto Vulpix's Ember). Coral won't like the Rollout change and reducing accuracy on Fury Cutter... boo lol. At least the moves are more defined in how they behave.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back