• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Crossing

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The recent announcement of its 2019 release has me hyped again! Hope its like summer 2019 and not like winter 2019, I've been dying for new Animal Crossing content. I've kinda gotten bored with Pocket Camp tbh.

Last edited:
Years
So it's set for 2019 for sure? aaa happy we'll have it early, but I really hope it won't come out the same time as Pokémon or I'll be struggling deciding which to play all day lol

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
This is a franchise I really wish I played more of. My only experience has been with Pocket Camp and then the original Animal Crossing when it got re-released for the Gamecube. They're such a fun series of games and if I get a switch I'll definitely look into playing the new animal crossing switch game.

blue

gucci
Years
new horizons looks so good! if they have to push it back to 2020 to produce a higher quality game then i'm all for it. we've waited 6 years for a new AC title so a few more months is nothing.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
so so so excited! Poking around looking for more info, and some stuff from IGN:
If you don't like where they settle down you can tell them you don't want to build in that particular spot and move their house location to wherever you see fit.
This is amazing. I always wanted this feature in New Leaf and it was such a pain resetting plots to get villagers where you want them to build their house, haha.

It also sounds like you can't sell beetles and fish anymore? Rather you earn something called Nook Miles for bugs and fish you catch and there are different rewards associated with those.

There's a ton of stuff in this article (I think they're notes from the Treehouse presentation) so I'm just gonna leave it here instead of repeating everything!
https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/06...ls-about-animal-crossing-new-horizons-e3-2019

Years
I'd just like to say that I, at the very least, appreciate that Nintendo is taking their time with this game and wanting to make it good instead of rushing it out. They understand how excited fans are for this and are really working on perfecting this as much as they can, and that in itself has me even more excited!

Years
Some info for those who haven't been following news!

1) You can only have one island per Nintendo Switch system. If you enter the game from a new account on your system, you will load up the same island.

And though there is a travel theme to New Horizons, Kyogoku confirmed you can't set up a tent on a friend's island. However, Kyogoku told IGN you can make up to eight playable accounts on one Nintendo Switch and they will be able to live on the same island. You cannot have multiple islands, however.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...l-crossing-new-horizons-e3-2019?sf103918070=1

2) Auto-save will be implemented. Some people are worried about having this since it makes it harder to roll back an action if you made a mistake (like accidentally selling something or telling a villager to move that you wanted to keep), but we don't know the details of how often and when the game will auto-save. Could be every few minutes or every x number of actions. So an immediate reset if you make a mistake could very well be possible.

https://mashable.com/article/mr-resetti-animal-crossing-new-horizons-laid-off.amp

3) The game will have various different skin tones (no need to keep getting a tan to maintain a different skin color), and hairstyles will be gender-neutral. Enough said. :D

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/1...acter-customization-skin-tone-nintendo-switch

4) You can choose where on your island you want your villagers to live!! So no more mystery house plots popping up and destroying those flowers.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...ls-about-animal-crossing-new-horizons-e3-2019

Last edited:
Years
Ugh, I'm so excited for all of those improvements! They definitely are taking some of the best of everything (even Pocket Camp) and rolling it into this game! :catheart:

We definitely should have mini-PC-hangout sessions once New Horizons is officially released.

Years
Even though we've seen so little of it, I've never wanted a game as badly as I have this new Animal Crossing, so it's going to be a long couple of months, but I'm glad they delayed it to make sure it's as good as can be. And while Pocket Camp and Happy Home Designer weren't the best of games, I'm glad they're taking some of the best parts of them, and adding them to New Horizons.

We definitely should have mini-PC-hangout sessions once New Horizons is officially released.
+1 to this! Now that they've expanded multiplayer to 8 people, it would be fun to get groups together to visit each other's islands once and a while.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Huh, the auto save thing makes me wonder if Resetti will be given a role in NH. :o

Years
I'm personally not particularly fussed by the auto-save.... or at least, that's what I would say, up until I would make a mistake and then want a do-over. x.x I guess we'll see later once more info is revealed on how often the game actually auto-saves.

But yay gender-neutral hairstyles!! Love this addition for sure. :o

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Huh, the auto save thing makes me wonder if Resetti will be given a role in NH. :o

Apparently he's been fired but might show up elsewhere.

https://mashable.com/article/mr-resetti-animal-crossing-new-horizons-laid-off/?europe=true

In an interview with Mashable during E3 2019, Animal Crossing: New Horizons' project lead Aya Kyogoku officially announced that Mr. Resetti lost his job at the Reset Surveillance Center due to the upcoming Switch title's new auto-save function.

"I think this will be a positive thing for the player, because in New Horizons you can stop playing in the middle of your game and it'll still save," says Kyogoku. "But unfortunately because there's no necessity to reset the game or reset button on the Switch, Mr. Resetti had a hard time. He was laid off from his position."

But, folks, there's still hope for the most hilarious, beloved, and hated figures in Animal Crossing history.

"We also believe that Mr. Resetti is looking for a new job after his layoff. So please look forward to that," Kyogoku teases, potentially hinting that he'll assume a new role.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Poor Resetti. :( excited to see what his new role is going to be though!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Okay so, wow. He's had a hard time and got laid off. That like, hit me in a real way. They could have just said he retired or something, but no, the man is struggling. Why Nintendo?!?!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Thank god for being able to decide where villagers live now. Was dumb that as mayor we couldn't have that level of control in NL.

Rest in spaghetti, Mr. Resetti but he'll get a different job anyway

Back