• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Chit-Chat (Extra Festive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm just kinda winging it rn. Been with a company for over 5 years now and I enjoy it. Maybe one day I'll go back to school.

I'm at a point in my life where I work just to get me through life and school at the moment. I'm exhausted of constantly working jobs that have nothing to do with what I really have a passion for (which is technology), but they're all a means to an end anyway so I'm not too worked up about it.

For the first time I think I might have the opportunity of "moving up" in a company somewhat. While I guess it isn't technically a promotion or anything per se, it's a better position overall. I'm going to be doing administrative work soon and I've always wanted to do something that's kind of not as stressful as my primary job rn.

Either way, I'm only really going to be here until I graduate probably, and we'll see what happens after that.

Years
  • My problem is I want to do everything and take every path possible that interests me...the problem with that is I'm not going to be young forever. But I know I don't want to settle now.

I have a plan for the next 2-4 years depending on which route I decide to take. No clear 'end goal' in sight but I'm pretty good with money and know I'll be financially stable enough to have time to plan after those years.

Speaking of which I took the first concrete step of preparing for my biggest life dream; travelling around Africa for a year! It won't be for a while as I have other ties presently and target saving goals before I begin my trip but still, I have taken the first step now so I'm quite excited!

Years
  • That's awesome. :O As far as travel is concerned, all I'm personally interested in is traveling to Canada. But that's waaayy in the future, I think.

Years
  • My problem is I want to do everything and take every path possible that interests me...the problem with that is I'm not going to be young forever. But I know I don't want to settle now.

I have a plan for the next 2-4 years depending on which route I decide to take. No clear 'end goal' in sight but I'm pretty good with money and know I'll be financially stable enough to have time to plan after those years.

Speaking of which I took the first concrete step of preparing for my biggest life dream; travelling around Africa for a year! It won't be for a while as I have other ties presently and target saving goals before I begin my trip but still, I have taken the first step now so I'm quite excited!
    Wow!! That sounds like a ton of fun! I wanna travel for a solid year.
    That's awesome. :O As far as travel is concerned, all I'm personally interested in is traveling to Canada. But that's waaayy in the future, I think.
    Canada would be fun! I've not been! I've been to Mexico tho.

But yeah. I have a passport and haven't traveled outta the country since I got it! (And that was uh...last year?)

Years
  • One of the things on my bucket list at some point is to go on a cruise, too! I... sadly have never been on one but I'm still intending for that to be a reality at some point in the near future.

Last edited:

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
    Years
  • I've been on 6 cruises. the 4 Disney ships, then a princess for my uncle's wedding, and back in July I went on another Disney cruise for my grandparents's anniversary

Years
  • I know a few people that serve as staff on cruise ships. It sounds like a pretty good deal to be honest. Decent amounts of downtime on board and of course when the ship is docked and the pay sounds decent too.

Years
  • I'm supposed to work today but I feel absolutely bleh
    Oh well

treating work like school and skipping just because you feel like it is not going to work out well for you at all fyi

on a separate note... kinda want to go on a Disney cruise somewhat, but not a fan of the ridiculous price tag that comes with it.

Norwegian cruise ships are probably the more attractive option to me.

Years
  • treating work like school and skipping just because you feel like it is not going to work out well for you at all fyi

on a separate note... kinda want to go on a Disney cruise somewhat, but not a fan of the ridiculous price tag that comes with it.

Norwegian cruise ships are probably the more attractive option to me.
    YEAH DISNEY CRUISES ARE SO RIDIC EXPENSIVE LIKE WHY
    I know, I meant "oh well" as in oh well I'll just ignore the fact I feel sick af and go to work
    Hope you feel better, pal!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back