• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Kanto: Back to Basics (M)

Years
Viridian City: Breaking News!

VSInterviewers.png

"Oh no, Tom! Is the camera rolling?"

Kelly fanned herself with her hand, her microphone already burning up in her hands. They were on location at Viridian City, coming from an anonymous tip that the city itself is on fire... an hour before the actual fire. Like normal people, the duo didn't believe that... until they heard the boom (they were nearby; actually they were in Pewter when it happened), and the immediate calls for help. She gulped, the pit in her stomach getting worse as they immediately volunteered themselves to go to the area and scoop things out.

Of course, she didn't think it was that bad... until they got to the entrance.

She was about to dive deeper into that rabbit hole when Tom tapped her on the shoulder, a concerned look on his face. "You sure you can do this?" He asked, but his eyes tell a different story. They could just opt out and get someone else to do it. There was nothing wrong with an honorable exit. They didn't have to commit to anything.

But Kelly was a stubborn girl. She nodded to her partner, her trusty interviewer persona coming back to her. It was the face she could trust, the face of herself being confident enough to report any news, whether it's good, bad, or devastatingly horrible. "I'm sure, Tom. Just... Just keep rolling." She took a deep breath, "Okay. Let's do this."

This is Tom and Kelly live, now at Viridian City where a bomb has exploded at the heart of the Gym! Average temperatures right now range from hot to hotter as the fires spread throughout the city. Everyone is expected to immediately put out any fires they see, and an evacuation warning has been sent by the leader, so prepare your emergency kits beforehand.

If you desire to help them out, immediately head over to Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy, who will quickly give you the rundown and items to help the people out, like full restores for Pokemon. Thankfully, there has been an array of trainers who did, and that already contained the fire to a smaller, controllable scale! Sources also say that this was a planned attempt, but no clues have been alluded to that yet.

We will be staying here and will be giving you live updates of the city. Stay tuned!

"...and cut," They both breathed out a sigh of relief. "Okay, that's enough for the first three hours." Tom said, and gave his partner a pat on the back, one which she hugely appreciated at the moment. Even the smallest gestures was a huge deal in these kinds of emergencies, and right now they needed it.

Kelly sighed, "Okay, we need to find Blue."

Tom agreed.

Secret Mission Unlocked - Blue
Blue is here somewhere, find him!
Multiple people can participate in this mission.
Speak to the GM if you want to participate in this mission.

GM notes
Rika actually did missions 1 and 2 and multiple people did mission 1, so I figure it's time. The last bit there is important as it would be via JP (since I need to control Blue d: and I can't really do that on separate posts).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
BlueStar_20px.gif
Aberdeen - Viridian City
152MS.png
060MS.png

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Chikorita back in her pokéball but Poliwag in close tow, Deen made his way through the street as fast as he could. It wasn't a hard guess that Farin would have taken off towards the gym in the commotion. Aberdeen would have suggested calling her sister on the cellphone instead, but maybe Farin was too shocked to think of that, orrrr maybe she didn't have cellphone. Either way, there was no way Deen was going to miss out on this opportunity to do something daring.

Police had blocked the way on the street near the gym. Some blazing rubble could be spotted in between the people and safety tape. However, the fire had spread beyond their limits already and it looked like the policemen were in the process of retreating, being substituted for more firemen and fire and rock type pokémon. Clever, Deen found himself thinking as he hid from them behind a garbage bin. Rock and Fire pokémon would naturally withstand strong heat and maybe would be more suited to helping rescue people than water pokémon were. He glanced down at Poliwag by his side, who indeed seemed to start to become dehydrated already. Deen gave him a quick pat on the head before swiftly returning him to the pokéball at last.

"Thank you for the help, gather your strength now. I might need you soon again," he murmured as he watched the police withdraw even further. They didn't seem to have spotted him.

All of a sudden, somebody who was decidedly neither a fireman nor a police, dashed through the scene. A boy, looking to be similar to Deen in age, heading straight for the rubble. The policeman who had seen him seemed to start to panic and look forth and back between the smoky mess and safety down the street. Deen felt one of his own eyebrows rise. What a hero. Contemplating leaving a boy in a fiery rubble to save himself.

"Don't bother!" Deen shouted as he stepped forth from his hiding place. A hot whiff of air from the direction of the gym hit him as he walked onto the asphalt in between the city buildings. "I'll go after him!"

"Wait!" the policeman called after him, and actually grabbed his shoulder as Deen tried to run past him. "Why are you going back there voluntarily? Do you know something?"

Aberdeen blinked away a stain of soot that had entered his eye. "Something?"

"About the bombing! You shouldn't dare to go back there unless you'd be sure it's safe now! Are you behind this?"

The cop's face was enraged. Deen studied it for a moment, almost a bit amused, before he really considered what the man was saying. "Wait, what? You think I had something to do with this?"

"Come with me to the station, I will question you as a witn-"

"My friend is in there!" Aberdeen yelled into his face, with fervor that made the man flinch for a moment. "Look at me! I'm a kid, my friend probably just ran head first into a bomb site, and I'm about to do the same just to get them out! Do you really think I'm smart enough to get my hands on a bomb, plant it in the gym without anybody noticing, and set it off remotely?"

A couple of seconds passed with intense staring between the two humans. Then, the policeman finally let go of the boy's arm.

"Thanks! Now let me do something stupid and dangerous!" Deen shouted over the shoulder as he took off immediately. He didn't bother listening for a response.

The Viridian City Gym was completely in shambles. There was a wall or two still standing, but most of it had been completely blown to bits by the bomb, and fires were still burning here and there, making the air vibrate and almost hurt to breathe for all the heat and smoke. Aberdeen coughed and shielded his eyes from some floating ash as he tried to spot the other kids.

He saw them both at once. The boy had found the girl and was standing a little way behind her, while Farin was standing still in the middle of the rubble of what might have once been the main battling arena hall. She was focused on something on the ground, underneath fallen pieces of ceiling.

"Farin!" Deen called and ran up to her, grabbing her shoulder to try and spin her around.

She wriggled loose and kept staring ahead. Confused, he followed her gaze, and then wish he hadn't. Underneath a big piece of roof, was the unmoving shape of a pokémon, a Nidorino to be precise.

It was definitely not alive anymore.

"That's my sister's pokémon." Farin merely whispered, but even through the chaos around them, Aberdeen could hear the words pierce his hitherto unfazed facade.

Last edited:

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

WEpb9vd.png

|| Alister Palar ||

328MS.png
396MS.png
285MS.png
Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

|| Route 1 ||

Thick smoke clouded my vision, making it rather hard for me to breath as I ran through the burning rubble of the gym. Quickly glancing back behind me, I double checked that Endor was still with me and alright before motioning for him to get in front of me.

"Alright, let's smother some of these flames wirth Sand Attack!"

I shouted, quickly pulling my scarf over my mouth. As endor quickly put out some of the surrounding flames, I looked around, trying my best to find the girl I'd seen run in here.

"Alright Endor let's- ouch fuck that's hot!"

Cursing, I quickly looked down at my left arm and winced. The teal colored metal Rayquaza armlet I wore had quickly heated up in the flames and by god did it fucking hurt. Wincing again, I fumbled with the hot metal for a second, sliding it off before I shoved it in my bag so I, theoretically, wouldn't lose it.

"Let's get moving."

Endor took the lead, putting out flames with Sand Attack and navigating over fallen rubble towards, what I'd assumed was the center of the gym where the figure of a girl briefly stood out in the smoke.

"Hey…"

I called out to her but trailed off as my eyes landed on the large chunk of roof and Nidorino that the girl was staring at. I felt my body go rigid as the worst possible scenario crossed my mind before I began to brainstorm a way to try and free the Poison-type Pokemon.

"Farin!"

A voice rang out from behind us, snapping me from my thoughts as a boy with disheveled brown hair sprinted over and grabbed the girl by the shoulders. I watched as she wiggled from his grasp and returned her gaze to the fallen Nidorino.

"That's my sister's Pokemon."

Hearing her mumble that phrase in such a sad tone I looked at Endor, my resolve now even stronger.

"Endor, let's get that Nidorino out."

I flashed the two a quick smile as they looked at me and quickly set off to work with Endor. Grabbing some smaller chunks of rubble, I moved them to the side as Endor began to set to work, crushing parts of the large concrete slab with his jaws. Quickly removing the pieces, I ignored the ever growing heat and looked at my partner.

"Alright, that should do it!"

Grabbing the edge of the now considerably smaller chunk of roof I did my best to try and lift it with Endor's help, even if only enough to slide the pokemon out.

"Hey, one of you two, grab the Nidorino! I don't know how long Endor and I can hold this up!"

Pokemon

Spr_5b_328.png

Endor
Moveset: (egg move) Earth Power, Bite, Faint Attack, Rock Tomb, Sand Attack

Spr_5b_396_m.png

Skylar
Moveset: Tackle, Growl, Wing Attack, Quick Attack

Spr_5b_285.png

Cassia
Moveset: Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Route One

'I… did it. I won my first Pokemon battle.' It took a few moments for the victory to register in Kiyos mind. How could he have bested a hardened veteran trainer like the Pallet Town officer?

"Don't get too cocky, kid. I decided to take it easy on ya." The guard walked over to his Lillipup that was now regaining consciousness. As the puppy shook the dirt from its coat, the guard continued. "This Lillipup's a new addition of mine! Found her when a couple of Poochyenas were bullyin' the poor thing." The guard then reached under his Pokemons chin, offering it a little scratch. "After shooin' 'em off, I couldn't just leave her there. I had to make her my own."

Kiyo watched as the guard bonded with his Lillipup. The way the Pokemon affectionately snuggled up to her owner as he tended to her wounds brought back childhood memories of bonding with his Glameow--memories from a time he'd tried his best to block out.

"We got word from Viridian City," the guard confessed. "They think somethin' big's boutta happen over there. Somethin' bad."

Kiyos eyes widened. 'Something big? Like what…'

Noticing the teens change in stance, the guard couldn't help but chuckle. "Don't worry, kid. It's prolly nothin'. Viridian's always on edge recently." Reaching into his bag, he pulled out a couple of Oran berries and handed them to Kiyo. "You'll be just fine."

Kiyo stood right at the gate that guarded his home town from the untamed wilderness known as Route One. He scanned his surroundings, then worryingly gazed back at the guard stationed at his post. He could feel the anxiety, fear, and a multitude of other negative emotions clawing their way towards him. 'Just lift your foot and take a step. One step won't hurt.' Every step forward muted the comforting warmth of Pallet Town, but the young lad persevered. "L-look! I'm d-doing it!" His voice mirrored his trembling hands. 'Maybe this won't be so bad after all…'

c3c880446f5cc609cdebba0f2f4cbc22.png
Perhaps it was due to the heavyset Purugly that walked by his side, but Route One had been rather uneventful for Kiyo. That is, until his stomach began to growl. 'How much longer!? It feels like the road will wind on forever…' The ache in his belly only exasperated the length of their trek. As the duo paused to take a quick breather, even Puruglys stomach could be heard rumbling. 'I guess now's a good time for a rest as any.' Kiyo surveyed his surroundings, searching for a shaded area to catch their breath. Spotting a rather large tree, Kiyo walked over and plopped himself down under the blanketing branches.

Pallet Town was a clean city, but truly incomparable to the quality of air in Route One. Sweet, fresh, floral scents danced within his nose and lungs with every inhale. Digging around his pockets for a quick snack, Kiyo had already pulled from his bag and hearty helping of food for his Purugly. It was then when a scent more fruity than before invaded his senses. Sniffing the air, 'Smells like berries…' he thought.

'...Berries!'

Kiyo suddenly had a flashback to the guard at Pallet Town gifting him a few berries after their match. As he held the Oran Berries in his palm, he also remembered that Purugly wasn't his only partner on this journey anymore. 'I guess you're probably hungry too, huh...' Unhinging the Pokeball from his backpack, a flash of white light revealed his new Pokemon, an electric-type called Elekid.

Elekid stood there, his round feet planted in the cool grass. He stood tall, despite still being a bit battered from his battle earlier that day.

"I'm… sorry for throwing you straight into battle back there," confessed his trainer. "To be honest, it was my first battle too." Placing his fist in front of his Pokemon, Kiyo opened his hand, revealing a couple Oran Berries. His Elekid stood there, unsure if he should accept the offer. "Just take 'em, okay?" he groaned. Pushing his open hand forward, he switched to a more sincere voice. "Let's call it even."

Dream_Oran_Berry_Sprite.png
The electric-type eyes lit up at his trainers revelation. Knowing it was also his trainers first time battling helped the Pokemon feel more at ease. He accepted the berries, gleefully snacking on them as he sat next to his partner. Kiyo had honestly been itching to fiddle with his new Pokedex for a while now and finally had some downtime to do so. Opening his Pokedex, he held it in front of his Elekid, pressing various buttons until the contraption began to whir.

Elekid is weak against Ground-type moves and is resistant against Flying, Steel, and Electric-types.

'That's it? Seems easy enough…' Pressing more buttons, a tree of Pokemon flashed on the screen that had similar markings to Elekid.

Electivire, the Thunderbolt Pokemon. It is the evolved form of Electabuzz and the final evolution of Elekid.

'Electivire?' Kiyo turned the Pokedex towards his Elekid, showing him the screen. "Looks like we both have so growing up to do." It was hard to believe such a small Pokemon would eventually grow to a towering six feet tall. Electivire looked so intimidating and grizzly and… "Grizzly!" Elekids head perked up at his trainers voice. "Trainers usually give their Pokemon nicknames right? Or at least I think they do..." His voice trailed off. That's when it hit him. 'Did I really just refer to myself as a trainer!? I'm getting WAY in over my head now! I just need to get to Viridian then come back home.' Kiyo dusted himself off and pocketed his Pokedex. His demeanor was a lot more serious now. 'Just because I knocked around some puppy earlier doesn't mean I can call myself a trainer and it CERTAINLY doesn't mean I want to be one either!!' Kiyo stretched his body and let out a yawn as he stood up. From the side of his eye, he caught a glimpse of his Elekid mimicking his own stretches. 'But…' The teen began to feel remorseful. He couldn't just leave his new partner without a name! That was Puruglys shtick. Kiyo returned Elekid to his Pokeball, trying his best to shake the thought to no avail. He was succumbing. 'Trainer or not, people do typically name their Pokemon…' Kiyo mulled over the thought as he ascended deeper into the route. 'Grizzly...'

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
BlueStar_20px.gif
Aberdeen - Viridian City
152MS.png
060MS.png

Inventory:
Spoiler:

"Hey, one of you two, grab the Nidorino! I don't know how long Endor and I can hold this up!"

The boy shouted, and Farin seemed to snap back to reality. With merely a nod, she moved forward and pulled the pink creature out from the rubble. It was too heavy for her to carry on her own though.

"Deen! Come on!"

But Deen was frozen. Farin had her hand on the head of a dead pokémon. Deceased. A lifeless husk. A voice that shouldn't be here now seemed to scream into his mind, and he couldn't move, because he was no longer sure of where he was. Or when.

Farin sighed and turned back to the other boy (Alister) instead. "I've called out for my sister, I can't find her... So... Will you just help me carry Nidorino out of here?"

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #FFFFFF; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; max-width: 700px;"]

Jake Blackwood

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

CpYbFPd.jpg

Chapter 1 – Surrounded by Mystery

Route 1 lay peaceful and still, the silence only being broken by the sounds of Pokémon and the soft rustling of the wind against the long grass, however, something was brewing, the still peaceful atmosphere was soon shattered by a loud rumble. A small Starly perched on a tree quickly fixed its gaze on the source of the sound, to its surprise it found a Pokémon trainer fast asleep snoring with a small little Swinub cuddled up beside him.

The snoring continued for some time until 'KABOOM', a sickeningly loud blast raced through and devoured the peaceful atmosphere of Route 1. Jake awoke in an instant, Swinub in quick succession. He sat there for a few seconds, his mind a blank, his eyes opening and shutting in a quick flutter. 'Was it just a dream?' Jake thought to himself as his mind finally started to kick in. This was short lived however as before long he could hear faint sounds of shouting and panic, it was no dream.

He raised himself slowly to his feet, still extremely puzzled as to what was going on. He gestured and mumbled faintly for Swinub to follow him and they took off at a snail's pace towards the commotion, Viridian City. As they inched forward, the sickening sounds of panic and of people wailing became louder and louder, the fear of what they would find had taken a tight grip on Jake as he began stopping every couple of feet, terrified of what they would find, his curiosity however, was pushing him along.

As Jake and Swinub slowly edged into Viridian City, nightmare became reality. There was sheer panic in the streets, police and firefighters racing around, adults crying and even young children battered and bruised looking for their parents, it was the most nightmarish thing Jake had ever seen.

He and Swinub slowly crept through the streets just trying to make sense of it all, he even noticed that some kids about his age had taken to helping the local firefighters extinguish flames which had engulfed the Viridian City gym and the surrounding area. Jake was so mesmerized by all of this that when he turned a corner 'BOOM' he was knocked straight onto his back. It took him a second to gather his thoughts but as he looked up he was towered over by a man he had knocked into.

"Watch where you're going you stupid kid!" roared the man as he clenched his fists in anger. Jake scuffled backwards as Swinub ran in front and growled at this mysterious figure.

After taking a second to compose himself the man spoke once more, this time in a much calmer clear tone "Sorry, tempers a little high right now after all that's happened here. Let me help you up!". The man attempted to walk forward to get closer to Jake but was again met with resistance from Swinub. "It's okay Swinub" Jake said in a nervous and broken tone. He climbed up onto his feet and could now get a good look at this man. He was about 6 feet with an average or so build. His clothes were incredible tattered, what was once a suit had been burned, ripped and even parts of it were missing. His face was incredibly dirty with soot, not to mention the scrapes and cuts as well. He looked like he had been through the worst of it.

"Are you uhhh, okay?" muttered Jake as he swallowed a lump in his throat.

"I'm fine … Say! You're a Pokémon trainer, right? Do you know how to get to Viridian Forest? I think it goes without saying but I wouldn't mind getting outta here" exclaimed the man as his eyes lit up.

"Yeah … I, I think so … I have this map so we should be able to use that" Jake nervously replied as he pulled out his map to show the man.

"Great! Alright let's get out of here then so! Not safe to stick around" replied the man as he began to shuffle Jake along down the street. Jake quickly returned Swinub to his Pokéball before he began scanning his map.

"Hey, I found a way out of here, it's not too far. We should be out pretty soon" chirped Jake in a slightly more upbeat tone than usual, proud that his navigational skills were turning out to be not as bad as he thought. He quickly realised however that his comment was met with silence from his travelling companion, he turned around and sure enough the man was still behind him but he seemed particularly preoccupied with his phone, he was staring at it in a daze before he quickly came to and locked with Jakes gaze.

"Sorry what was that?" quizzed the man as he slipped the phone back into his pocket.

"Ah just that I found the exit, we're not t.."

"Excellent!" bellowed the man.

He continuously shuffled Jake down the street, Jake could practically feel the man's breath on his neck he was that close to him. They could just about see the city exit rolling into view before he felt his whole body quickly jerk to the side, he had been pulled forcefully into a side alley by this strange man. His body completely froze up, what was going to happen here?? He clenched his Pokéball tight, ready to release Swinub if things turned bad. To his surprise though he was met with a low and perhaps somewhat nervous tone from the man.

"Cops … they're looking for anyone who was near the explosion site, I don't have time for that, I really need to get going." whispered the man as the drum of the police chatter passed the alley entrance and then faded away.

"Let's stay off the main street huh? Much safer here in the alleys, less chance of getting caught up in something"

Jake nodded in agreement, careful not to confront or challenge this man he knew nothing about. He reopened his map and attempted to trace a different route now. He eventually found one that would lead them close to the exit but as with before he looked up to notice the man perplexed by his phone once again, he studied it for a few seconds before he slipped it back into his pocket. Jake quickly returned his gaze back to his map.

"I found another route but it's going to take longer but, it will still take us out of the city." mumbled Jake as he put the map away and looked up to the man.

"Sounds like a plan! Let's go" replied the man as he spun around and purposefully marched with Jake down the dark and damp alleyway.

'Something's not right here' thought Jake as he stared at the back of the man's head, wondering what thoughts were in there. 'He mentioned an explosion too, was it a bomb or something that went off? No … couldn't be … not so close to home …' Jakes mind was racing with thoughts and perhaps even ways to try and convince himself that it wasn't a bomb, that something so terrible and evil couldn't have possibly happened so close to his hometown.

He needed answers, but he had to first come up with the strength to confront his man.

[/div]

Years
Andrea Tuati and Eric Damon
"Phew, keep it up, Whetu!" Andrea called out, far too cheerily for the hellish landscape she was standing in the middle of. The ragtag group of trainers had spread out across a few blazing buildings. Andrea and her begrudging Staryu were in the process of attempting to douse the flames eating away at a small block of apartments. "Feel the burn!" She added with a wild laugh, Whetu's body slumping down slightly in an approximation of a sigh.

Eric was in the area, and noticed Andrea with her Staryu.
"Alright, Poliwag, we need your help!" Eric shouted, throwing the tadpole's Poke-Ball.
Poliwag instinctively let out a fierce Bubble Beam, towards the flames.
"Sweet mother of Arceus." Eric said under his breath in regards to all the rubble that was now being put out by lots and lots of bubbles.
"Good job, Poliwag! Keep those bubbles coming!" Eric cheered, his little blue tadpole eagerly dousing the fire with even more bubbles.

"The help is appreciated!" Andrea grinned, flashing the newcomer a thumbs up as a moment later, Ahi emerged from the flaming building dragging along an unconscious Jigglypuff. The little Magby was far too small to drag out a person, but he had nothing to fear from the flames and so could at least be put to work saving Pokemon.

Unfortunately, he did not emerge expecting to be caught in a spray of bubbles and let out a terrified squeak as he turned to find a torrent of watery projectiles coming for him. He frantically ducked below the attack, gesturing irritably at the newcomer's Poliwag.

Andrea laughed at that, fairly certain she saw Whetu's shoulders lifting and falling in a motion resembling a slight chuckle.

"Never a dull moment!" She called over to the other trainer.

"Absolutely!" Eric replied. "Always happy to help!"

He then motioned to Poliwag to cease the barrage of bubbles. Poliwag reluctantly complied. Eric heard a loud cry from some sort of Pokemon. He saw a yellow paw trying to climb out of the rubble. A Sandshrew was trying to clear a path for itself. Eric's Sandile burst from its Poke-Ball, eager to help its fellow Ground-type. Sandile dug a hole in the ground, and in a matter of minutes, they both emerged from the same hole, Sandile gently holding Sandshrew's tail in it maw.

"Good job, Sandile! I like the way you think!" Eric cheered, then turning to Andrea. "You don't happen to have a Burn Heal, do you?"

"If only," Andrea sighed "I didn't think to stock up on any on my way because I only just caught Whetu. I'm used to just having Ahi here, and as you can see, he has nothing to fear from a burn."
As if to emphasise that point, the Magby happily skipped off back into the burning building in the direction that wasn't shooting water. Andrea watched him go, noticing as her Staryu took a moment to shoot a splash of water at his feet as he hurried off, making him jump.

"Come on, there's a building on fire here," she said, but she completely failed to hide the amusement in her tone. Nonetheless, Whetu once again directed his Water Gun into the flames.

"It's fine", Eric replied. "The Pokemon Center isn't too far from here."
Eric called Sandile back to its Poke-Ball, and the Sandshrew somehow darted off towards the Pokemon Center, where its Trainer may or may not be waiting.

"Poliwag! It's all you! Bubble Beam to your heart's content!" The amphibian blew a barrage of bubbles towards the largest of the flames and doused it in no less than thirty seconds.

"Nice!" Eric cheered again, looking at this mystery girl he just met shortly after.
"By the way, I'm Eric. And you are….?" He realized he hasn't introduced himself yet.

"Andrea," she replied, "Nice to meet you, circumstances excepted."

As Andrea spoke, Ahi emerged from the building once more, dragging a second Jigglypuff behind him while a Caterpie cowered on top of his head. At the same time, Whetu extinguished the remainder of the flames that had been burning the apartment complex.

"That's another building down, only about a million more to go! Do you want to move onto the next one, or do you want to get this Caterpie and her Jiggly friends to medical attention?"

"I think we should help these Pokemon out first." Eric said. "A lot of Trainers are dousing the flames, but I don't know how many are helping the injured people and Pokemon."

"Who would do such a horrible thing to endanger so many innocent lives?!" Eric thought out loud.

"I don't know," Andrea replied to the outburst, "But they'd have to be a pretty sucky person. As for these injured Pokemon, I think between us and our Pokemon, it'll probably only take one group to get them to safety. If you want to take them, I can go back to fighting fires. Gotta be economical at times like these, right?"

Eric nodded in agreement. "Come to think of it, these flames aren't going to put themselves out."

"Alright, Poliwag. There's more buildings that could use your Bubble Beams!" The tadpole ran towards the nearest burning building and let out even more bubbles.

Eric looked up to the sky, and said "It's what my beloved Peggy would've wanted. As a Pokemon Ranger, she always put her life on the line to save people and Pokemon, until the bitter end. If it wasn't for scumbags like Team Rocket or whomever running amok, she'd still be alive."

Eric clenched the locket around his neck, and followed his Poliwag.

Andrea looked down at the three charred and injured Pokemon still laying at her feat, then back at her own team of two.

"I uh… guess he decided we're on medical duty. Come on then, everyone grab one and let's get them to help."

Ahi enthusiastically plopped the Caterpie back on its head as Whetu simply stood there, waving his arms up and down in a very exaggerated motion.

"Oh… right," Andrea said flatly, "Two for me then."​

Last edited:

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

WEpb9vd.png

|| Alister Palar ||

328MS.png
396MS.png
285MS.png

|| Viridian City ||

I watched as the girl, whom I'd come to learn was Farin, pulled the Nidorino out from underneath the rubble, calling out to the boy that had joined us a short bit ago.

"Deen! Come on!"

Despite her calling out to him, the brunette seemed frozen in place, much to the her dismay before she looked over at me.

"I've called out for my sister, I can't find her... So... Will you just help me carry Nidorino out of here?"

She questioned as I carefully sat down the rubble, being sure not to hurt Endor in the process.

"Sure, that won't be a problem."
I replied with a small smile, trying to keep my hopes up of her sister's fate with the fact her Nidorino was here. Looking down at the forty something pound pokemon I took a quick breath before kneeling down and sliding my arms underneath it. With a small grunt, I lifted the pokemon, a majority of its weight pressing against my ribs as I held it close.

"Well, it looks like being able to pull myself up the face of a mountain did something for my arm strength."

I mused, trying to lighten the heavy air even if only by a little. Glancing at Endor I jerked my head in the direction of some approaching flames in a signal for him to try to snuff them out before they got to close. Turning my attention back to the two people beside me I offered up a friendly smile, lightly bumping my shoulder into the boy's.

"Come on, we need to get out of here and fast."

With that, I shifted my grip on the Nidorino, being sure I wouldn't drop him as Endor returned to my side.

"With any luck, the path I usd is still pretty mild but let's follow Endor, he'll smother any fire that may block us in."

Pokemon

Spr_5b_328.png

Endor

Spr_5b_396_m.png

Skylar

Spr_5b_285.png

Cassia

Last edited:
Years
Kari Forsberg
060MS.png
120MS.png
Viridian City
Mission 9​

"Please, It's not my fault," repeated the trainer. "I was only following instructions."

"What instructions?" asked Jenny. Her Arcanine growled again.

"T-To wreck a havoc in this city," answered the trainer. "Now, please call off your Arcanine."

"Why would you want to destroy the city?" shouted Kari. Jenny gave her a glare.

"Who gave you these instructions?" asked Jenny again.

"I-I don't know his na..." trainer backed few steps again.

"Who are you working for?" Jenny repeated.

"Team Rocket." trainer tripped and fell on the ground.

I knew it, could Kari hear Jenny whispering to herself.

The valley was then filled with red and blue lights from the ambulance. Kari started focusing on paramedics helping the middle-aged man on the ground.

"I only know him as A," she heard the Rocket Grunt.

Paramedics put the man on a stretcher and loaded him on the car. Kari quickly run over to him, still holding Po in her arms.

"Will he be okay?" she asked one of the doctors.

"Hey, you're the girl from before," replied the middle-aged man before the doctor could. "I didn't recognized you. You look like Weezing exploded to your face."

"Please let me go, I didn't destroy the Gym," Kari overheard the Grunt's interrogation.

"He'll be okay, but he have to take him to the hospital," doctor finally answered. "Now if you excuse us, we have to go."

Kari nodded and took a step back from the ambulance. She looked at the man one last time and the ambulance drove away. She was standing there for a minute, thinking. She will find whoever bomb the city.

"Two! There were two more!" Grunt screamed in fear of Arcanine getting close to him.

This can't be tolerated. She looked at Po, waiting for his approval. He smiled as if he could read her mind. Kari returned to Jenny.

"I'll help you find the bomber," she said.

"Are you serious? Look at how you look," Jenny replied, not really amused by the idea of a child helping her. She gave Arcanine a signal to watch the Grunt and turned to Kari. "You look like you're about to faint. And you look horrible. You should go to the nearest PokéCentrum and take a bath. And a nap."

"No! I'm helping you," Kari insisted, but she could feel that she's tired.

"I said no. You'll either go to the PokéCentrum yourself or I'll get you there."

Kari knew she doesn't have a choice now. She'll have to sit on a bench for a while.
Pokémon
Spoiler:

WooliestSteam

Years

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #FFFFFF; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; max-width: 700px;"]

Jake Blackwood

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

CpYbFPd.jpg

Chapter 2 – Stranger Danger

'Ugh, what is that?!' winced Jake as he shook his foot to free himself from this unknown substance he found himself stepping into.

He stood for a few seconds cleaning himself off before he realised that his mysterious travelling companion had marched ahead and was heading for out of sight. Jake quickly finished shaking his foot and started jogging quickly to catch up, he was making good progress before 'CRASH', a trash can came flying down in front of Jake knocking him over. Before he could come too, he was being charged at by a filthy looking Raticate, obviously scouring and feeding on whatever was in the trash. It quickly reached Jake and leaped on top of him, crunching it's large teeth right down in front of his face. Jake was terrified for his life! He struggled and fought with all his might but the raticate was just simply much stronger than he. He stretched his hand for all it was worth to try and reach down to his belt to release Swinub but it was no luck, it was just out of reach! He held his other hand against Raticate, just keeping it's large teeth from landing a bite on him, however, his strength was fading … the Raticate was inching forward with every second that passed, before long Jake would find himself in a very bad situation.

He held it back as much as he could but alas it wasn't enough, the Raticate had won. It took one final thrust at Jake to seal the deal before it stopped centimetres from his face and then all of a sudden bolted off. Jake slowly opened his eyes to see that the Raticate was sprinting into the distance and he saved by none other than the man from before. Jake let out a rapid series of breaths, his eyes wide from the shock, he had never experienced anything like that before.

"How about you try and stay in one piece okay?" smirked the man as he extended a hand down to Jake to help him up onto his feet.

"Yeah ... yeah uhhh thanks!" muttered Jake as he was hoisted up onto his feet, his eyes still wide from the shock.

The man turned and once again marched forward down the alley, Jake following him in a dazed like state.

As the company travelled deeper into the labyrinth of mazes, the silence was finally broken not by Jake, but by the man. He spoke in a low hushed tone - "What's your name kid?"

"It's uhhh, ummm Jake ..." the reply finally arrived after many seconds of silence, Jake still reeling from his surprise attack.

The man fell silent once more, the only sound being the faint sounds of chaos from the city around them and their own footsteps as they traversed deeper into the alleys of Viridian City.

After what felt like an eternity skulking around in the alleys, an exit onto a street could be seen. The man took off running and Jake soon followed suit, it was none other than the exit they had been looking for. As Jake continued to run as hard as he could to emerge into the 'safety' of the streets, he noticed that the man came to a dead stop just before the exit, he gestured his hand for Jake to do the same and as such, Jake came to a stop.

The mans face grew nervous, his breath quickening. He peeked out from the alley and looked both up and down the street several times. He reeled his head back in and peered down at Jake before once again peeking out and doing a scan of the street.

Jake was beginning to grow impatient, his mind only filled with one thought - 'What is he doing?!! The exit is right there cmon!'.

The man reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He scanned it for a few seconds before placing it back into his pocket, his entire body now grew still, almost lifeless, his breath ceased, he turned to Jake and spoke in a stern tone - "are you ready? When I say go we will emerge into that street and begin walking quickly towards the exit. Don't stop, speak or even look at anyone understand?"

Jake nodded quietly, he dared not speak a word, this man was beginning to scare him, even if he was his saviour.

Jake waited for the mans signal, his heart rate began to rapidly accelerate, his brow now damp with sweat, he was nervous, but didn't know why, what was about to happen?

Finally, the man whispered ... "Go!"

Jake and the man leaped out into the street, it was busy, much busier than he thought it would be, strangely however no one seemed to notice them leaving the alley. The man was walking with a very brisk pace indeed, Jake was almost jogging in order to keep up with him. They powered down the street keeping their gaze firmly locked dead ahead before they made a sharp right and headed straight out-of-town and onto Route 2.

Jake began to slow, sure that his companion would now be happy they'd left the town but to Jake's surprise the man continued to power ahead, perhaps even more so now than ever, Jake jogged quickly to catch up and this militaristic march once again continued.

They reached the entrance to Viridian forest, Jake wondering when this madness would end but finally, the man slowed to a stop. He continued staring straight ahead into the forest, his eyes cold and his face emotionless now. He quickly broke out of his trance and turned towards Jake.

"Jake … thank you. Take this as my token of my appreciation" said the man as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a crumpled up ball of money and a particularly tattered up business card.

He nodded Jake goodbye and began to head into the forest before he stopped and turned back to him.

"Oh, and listen, let's just keep this little adventure between us okay?"

Jake nodded and returned with a smile. A smile of thanks for the gift but perhaps also because he was now rid of this man.

The mysterious man turned on his heels and powered into Viridian Forest. It didn't take long before he was out of sight, perhaps even never to be seen again.

Jake let out a large sigh of relief, he had never experienced something so bizarre before. He was glad to get rid of him, there was something about being in his company that just didn't sit well with him. He stretched his head back and looked up towards the Kanto sky, he cracked a faint smile, happy that he was back by himself again, but, his mind remained focused on one thing ... what had he just done in Viridian City?

Obtained:
Spoiler:

[/div]

Last edited:
Years
Viridian Forest
is a natural maze. Thick trees with dense canopies obscure much of the sunlight that would otherwise illuminate its overgrown floor. The way through is winding and complex, and has become even trickier to traverse as the years have gone by with the pathway totally disappearing in the thickest depths of the forest. It is easy to get lost within and travellers passing through must be weary of losing their way or getting afflicted by status conditions. Always have an antidote nearby! For you may get stung at anytime.

The other side to its dangers, however, is that the forest is an eco wonderland with a hugely diverse range of wild Pokemon available. In particular, the forest is home to a extensive number of Bug, Grass and Flying types - many of which are quite rare. (You're not sure how rare...)

Due to the fire, you may notice that some Pokemon have arrived coming from the previous city, seeking shelter from the harsh fire that it has experienced. These Pokemon might have come from trainers you knew, or just random Pokemon affected by the catastrophe. These Pokemon will immediately run away from you; only the forest regulars would actively try and sting the closest person that decided to mess with their home.
spinarak.png
paras.png
wurmple.png
weedle.png
metapod.png
seedot.png
kakuna.png
pikachu.png
pidgey.png
hoothoot.png
Bag_PokC3A9_Ball_Sprite.png

bulbasaur.png
butterfree.png
beedrill.png
carnivine.png
yanmega.png
Bag_Great_Ball_Sprite.png
Missions

Spoiler:

Route 2
These days, trainers do not have to navigate the treacherous Viridian Forest to reach Pewter City, however. As time has progressed, so has civilisation and now what was once a difficult to access path is easy to make your way onto, with a relatively direct path towards the next city in a blink of an eye.

Route 2 is a wide path of manicured grass, dirt and concrete that is much more direct than Viridian Forest and much safer. As a result, there is heavier trainer activity on the route compared to the neighbouring forest, unfortunately though there is much thinner number of wild Pokemon available.
nidoran-m.png
nidoran-f.png
rattata.png
abra.png
oddish.png
murkrow.png
spearow.png
ledyba.png
bellsprout.png
hoothoot.png
Missions

Spoiler:

GM notes
HAHAHAH Thank you all for being so patient I am really still not good at this GM-ing thing. But. I am here. With two options. Here you can only choose one path to explore (for now!). To go to the other path, you must reach the next/previous city first before doing so. Also, keep an eye out for the discord, we're not letting those items/poke go to waste! :)

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

|| Alister Palar || Aberdeen Montany ||

|| Viridian City ||

Gentle contact against his shoulder snapped Aberdeen back to reality for a moment. The boy he had followed into the bomb site was nudging him.

"Come on, we need to get out of here and fast," the boy said. However, Deen really couldn't help but seeing that he was dragging the Nidorino corpse along with him. He recoiled at the realization.

"With any luck, the path I used is still pretty mild but let's follow Endor, he'll smother any fire that may block us in," the boy continued.

Farin agreed and shot an annoyed glare at Deen before she walked up to help carrying the fallen pokémon.

"Come on already, Deen!" she snapped back at him.

A wall behind them suddenly broke under the pressure of a fire behind it, and that seemed to finally convince Aberdeen that they couldn't stay here. He followed the others hurriedly, but made sure to keep Farin in between himself and the lifeless creature.

With his Trapinch in the lead, Alister glanced back at Farin and Aberdeen to be sure neither had been hit with anything from the collapsed wall. Taking note that both seemed uninjured he adjusted his grip on the Nidorino once again.

"It shouldn't be to much further from here!" He called back, watching as Endor extinguished a few flames that were drawing closer. Looking up, Alister froze in his tracks, before stumbling back to push Farin out of the way as part of the ceiling hit the ground not to far from where they had been standing.

"S-sorry, are you alright Farin?" He stuttered slightly, nerves on end from the building that was all but falling apart around them.

Farin nodded, holding on tightly to the pink body in between them. "I'm alright… Thank you!"

Then she whipped her head around, suddenly worried. But Deen was there, out of harm's way, even shaking his head at the fallen mess as he approached the other two.

"Close call!" he called out, without even looking at them. "Let's get a move on, guys!"

He then barged on, side by side with the Trapinch. Farin was confused. The change in his demeanor was a complete 360 from a minute earlier. But this was not the time to ponder that.

Blinking a few times, Alister offered a gentle smile to Farin. "Let's catch up to Deen and Endor… Being in here to much longer seems like it'll be a bad idea." He said, glancing up at the roof to be sure nothing else was about to fall on them.

Looking ahead to where his Trapinch was, Alister's shoulders relaxed a bit seeing that he was unharmed as he picked up the Nidorino once again.

"And once we're out of here… I'll help you with the Nidorino if you'd like…" He offered, a sad smile forming on his lips.

Now it was Farin's turn to blink, and swallow hard before she shook her head. "Let's… Let's just get out of here. My sister is out there. She will know what to do. She will..." she said, the last words almost whispered.

Alister's Pokemon

Spr_5b_328.png

Endor

Spr_5b_396_m.png

Skylar

Spr_5b_285.png

Cassia

Aberdeen's Pokemon

Spr_5b_152.png

Chikorita
Moveset: Tackle, Razor Leaf, Poisonpowder, Synthesis, Growl, Vine Whip

Spr_5b_060.png

Poliwag
Moveset: (psst, Rika what's Poliwags moves?)

Last edited:
Years
Kari Forsberg
060MS.png
120MS.png
Viridian City

Kari called out Po back to his Pokéball and started walking from the scene of the crime. She went around the corner and then waited until Officer Jenny drove away. She planned on following her car to the police station and get more information from the Grunt, but she lost the car rather quickly. She was wondering around now-almost-not-burning city for a while.

She noticed burned sign with the city map near one of the buildings she helped to save. It took her few looks, but she finally found out where the police station is located.

She was trying to figure out way to sneak in the station without being noticed. She went through all the information she knew about her Pokémon in her head and then it struck her.

She got near the police station and called out Neptune.

"Okay, it's time to test this," she touched the star Pokémon. "Neptune, use Camoflauge."

Staryu started fading and so did Kari, First her hand, then the rest of her. They were invisible now. Kari opened the main door and slipped inside the station, while holding Neptune tightly. It was more or less empty as almost every officer was in the city, looking for the bomber. She went around one officer sleeping on the chair on reception. She noticed Officer Jenny going to one of rooms at the other side and went that way.

Kari barely made it to the room before the door closed. The room was quite small. There was one table with 2 chair on each side. The Grunt was sitting on one. There was a Hoothoot on the table looking at Grunt. Kari was standing right in front to the Grunt with Officer Jenny standing between them.

"Let's start from the beginning again," said Jenny.

"L-Like I said..." started Grunt. Hoothoot focused on Kari. It could see her. Jenny noticed the change and gave Hoothoot signal, that Kari didn't see.

In the next moment Hoothoot shot red beam out of its eyes and hit Kari and Neptune. Jenny turned around and caught Kari by the arm.

"It's you again!" she said.

Kari was speechless. How could Jenny know about her?

"You're in a big trouble now," Jenny continued. She was visibly angry at the girl trying to sneak in the police station at times like these. "I can't risk anything tonight," she sighed. "You are under arrest. Return your Pokémon to Pokéball."

Kari didn't know what to say. Her perfect plan failed. She did as she was asked and returned Neptune to the Pokéball.

"Now, I'll take your Pokéballs," Jenny continued and took all Kari's Pokémon. And then her bag.

"Wait, what will you do with me?" Kari finally asked.

"You'll spend rest of the night in the jail. Like I said, I can't risk anything tonight. And you're clear trouble."

"No! You can't do..." Kari wanted to protest.

"Silence!" Jenny stopped her. "It will be better if you'll cooperate."

Kari wanted to break free, but she was too tired to do anything anymore. She gave in. Jenny led her to her cell. Her home for tonight. She laid on the bed and cried until she fell asleep.
Pokémon
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Violet Raynes
Route 2
6WqaSVJ.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Chapter 1-1 | A Fresh Start

Violet sat quietly, her back resting against a nearby stump as she stared at the pokéball in her hand. Inside, was a pokémon... Her pokémon to be exact. While most people would be excited by the prospect of beginning a journey and seeing what all the world had to offer them, Violet was feeling a bit apprehensive and more than just a bit annoyed. She really didn't see why her doctor thought this would be the best way to cure her of her "issues". There were plenty of people who spent their whole lives never really going outside much or interacting with a bunch of people on a daily basis. Yet, here she was... A lone girl cast out into the wild with only a few supplies, a handful of cash, and a magical creature that somehow managed to fight using the powers of plants.

Violet had to admit, the whole thing had a certain charm about it. It seemed like an epic tale in the making that someone would read from every night before going to sleep. The problem was that it wasn't a book... and it was something that she was going to have to deal with on a daily basis.

Figuring that she was getting nowhere just sitting around and feeling sorry for herself, the teenager gently tossed the ball out and allowed the creature inside to step out into the light of the early morning sun. A green, lizard-like creature stretched his arms with glee as he emerged from a flash of light. He took a quick look at his surroundings, before his gaze came to rest upon his trainer. Violet raised an eyebrow at the creature before her.

He was a Treecko, if her memory served her correctly. She honestly couldn't remember too much more than that. She had only briefly talked to Professor Oak over the phone, a special arrangement that had been made as opposed to being forced to head all the way down to his lab. In that regard, Violet figured that she owed her doctor a small token of her gratitude. The grass-type pokémon made his way over towards the girl, outright climbing onto her shoulder without a moment's hesitation. Violet initially froze at the sudden and very unexpected physical contact given to her from the Treecko. However, she figured that this was a lot better than bumping elbows and shoulders with a bunch of weirdos in Viridian City.

"H-Hello..." she finally spoke, her gaze drifting over towards the Treecko hanging off of her shoulder. "My name is Violet... and I guess we're gonna be partners... or something..."

Her voice drifted off as she spoke. In her mind, this was going to play out a bit differently. In her mind, she was going to greet her new pokémon with a bit more energy. Yet here she was, already clamming up around something that couldn't really even talk back... How pathetic...

She took a deep breath, climbing to her feet as she spoke again. "What I mean is... we're going on a journey... Across Kanto, you know?"

The Treecko remained silent as the girl spoke. His eyes narrowing in response to Violet's plans. The teenager couldn't tell if he was actually listening or if he was even interested. To be honest, she couldn't blame him if it was the latter.

"This isn't... We're not getting off... to a good start..." Violet mused. She closed her eyes, her mind processing another way to perhaps start off this initial meeting. "...Names. We should start with names. My name is Violet... And you are..."

She paused, realizing just how silly this must have suddenly sounded. It was as if she was expecting the Treecko to suddenly reply with a name of his own. Of course, that wasn't going to be possible. It was up to her to come up with a name for the creature, something that suddenly filled the pit of her stomach with dread. What if she came up with a name it hated? What if the creature came to resent her for giving it a dumb name? It's not like there would be a way to change it later. Once named, it was stuck that way for good.

"...How about... Zidane...?" the girl questioned, giving the Treecko a curious look. It was a name she had pulled out of memory. In fact, the name happened to belong to a thief in a story she liked to read quite often, a strange story about a thief from another world and a princess he managed to fall in love with. "I think... it's heroic, you know...? If... If you don't mind that is..."

The Treecko seemed to be rather indifferent to the name, which both relieved and disappointed the girl at the same time. She really wasn't able to get a proper read on this pokémon, which seemed to little but add to her nerves.

"Well, I guess we should get going..." Violet sighed. "We're not going to get anywhere just standing out here in the middle of the road..."

As if on cue the Treecko quickly hopped off Violet's shoulder, though not without surprising her with a quick tail slap to the face. Violet let out a small squeak in response, flinching yet again at the unexpected contact. She stood there silently for a moment, watching as her newly named Treecko began to lead the way up the road. Something told her this was going to be a long trip.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years

102739.jpg

Name: Diego Gore
Current Party
:
larvitar.png
E8jWPjT.png
E8jWPjT.png
E8jWPjT.png
E8jWPjT.png
E8jWPjT.png

Beginnings on a Later Path

A tall, strapping young man with silky, bushy brown hair stepped out onto Route 2. He looked outward, and a smile formed on his face. "Huff… took a while, but we're finally on a real path, eh?" Diego turned his head, but was met with silence. A very grumpy Larvitar clutched the back of Diego's shirt, silently hanging there. "You still mad at me? Come on now, I messed up, and gave you the wrong berry. Want another one, eh?" He pulled out a blue berry the size of a baseball, and hung it above the Rock Skin Pokemon. "Tar." He swiped the berry from his trainer's hand and gorged the treat with no hesitation. "I could never understand why anyone would like dry food, but hey, if you like it, I'll pick it." Diego stopped where he was, and reflected on how he met the little Pokemunchkin.

--

"Alright kid, we're pretty late, but here we are. Pallet Town, the starting place for countless trainers. And now, it's your start." "Thanks, Uncle, but I got this," Diego spouted, as he hopped off a Tauros he and his uncle rode to Pallet Town on. "Sorry 'bout the bumpy ride, kiddo. Bully here likes to roam through rough terrain." "Hmmph, Hroof." The Tauros looked like he had a lot of fun. "Heheh, it's alright. Never seen a Tauros before now, anyway." Diego stroked Tauros' mane, and said goodbye to both of them before they left his sight.
Diego strolled through the quaint town of Pallet, before reaching Professor Oak's laboratory. "So, this the place, huh? Time to grab my Poke-"

*Thwack*

The door swung open, and slammed against his nose, causing Diego to reel back, and yelp before he nearly started swinging. "Hello, and welcome to the world of Pokemon! My name is Oak, and you're late!" Professor Oak, looking utterly unamused at the young man, "Owowow man, come on!" "Young man… never have I ever met such a late trainer. I do hope you grow from this." "Yeah, aside grow a goose egg on my forehead," Diego muttered as Professor Oak walked ahead of him, to a table with a few Pokeballs still on it. "Ooohh, hey, what's in those, huh?" "Pokemon, young man. And this one…." Professor Oak pulled a Pokeball out of his lab coat, clicking it to normal size. "Woah," was all Diego could respond with, before Oak held it forward. "This, is your starter. I do hope wish youyou're your partner the best." "Th-thanks…." Diego held out his right hand, receiving the Pokeball. Something about this situation had a heavy atmosphere. The silence, only accompanied by the outside nature, and the fact Diego had finally become a trainer. After so much learning and training… he held his first Pokemon.
"Thanks Professor, I-"

*Click*

*Thwack*

"OW?!" Diego reeled back, something seemingly slugged him out of nowhere. "What, what was…." "Tar." A small, green Pokemon with a mean look in it's eye stood before Diego. "Yes… this is Larvitar, the Rock Skin Pokemon. He has also been waiting… anxiously." Diego got up on his knees, and looked Larvitar in the eye. "Hey… I'mma call you… Malachite!"

--

Diego looked back on that memory, a tear welling in his eye, before he realized there was no small creature hanging from his shirt. "Wha- WHAT?! Malachite, little buddy!"

"Caawww, caawww!" Diego turned, and almost a quarter of the way down Route 2, Malachite started picking a fight with some Murkrow. "Aw, c'mon little dude, why you gotta be like this?" Diego ran down, catching up to Malachite, anxiously waiting instructions. "Well, at least you're not a total brat… alright then, time for some Bird Catching!"
"Caaww!" The Murkrow was fuming mad, having been woken up from his sleep, supposedly. "Alright Malachite, use Screech!" "Reeeeaaaahhhh!" Both Murkrow and Diego cringed and struggled to close their ears, but Larvitar really knew his Screech attack. But, Murkrow got back up, and struck with Pursuit, pecking Malachite rather hard. "Tarr…." Malachite hopped back up, and stomped his foot. "Alright, use Bite!" Malachite jumped up, and munched onto Murkrow's left talon. "KROW?!" Murkrow's eyes bulge, a pained squawk escapes it's beak, now flapping in a panic to shake off the green terror. "Nice work, Malachite! Now, chance time!" Diego chucked a Pokeball, smack into Murkrow's head.
Malachite fell to the ground, as Murkrow was beamed into the Pokeball.

*wiggle wiggle, wiggle wiggle*

"…."

*wiggle wiggle, wiggle wiggle*

*bing!*

"Eeeeyyy! I caught a Murkrow, baby!" "Tar." Diego held up the newly acquired Murkrow, while Larvitar just crossed it's little arms and looked off to the side. "Alright, little buddy, come on out. I got something for you." Holding the Pokeball out, Murkrow falling to the ground. "Whoops… went a little too hard. Here…." Diego pulled out a potion, and carefully nursed Murkrow. Malachite didn't look over, but he also stood nearby. Diego stroked the back of Murkrow's neck, apologizing to him. "So, uh… welcome to the team, huh?"

~

Actions:
Diego caught a Murkrow!​

WooliestSteam

Years

Jake Blackwood

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

CpYbFPd.jpg

Chapter 3 – Getting Lost

Jake took a deep breath before exhaling slowly. He rubbed his eyes, he was unsurprisingly beginning to feel sleepy. He gave his head a quick shake and fluttered his eyes to stay focused. He then remembered!! He reached down to his belt and grabbed a Pokéball, he tossed it in the air and in the blink of an eye, his furry little friend had joined him once more.

"Swiiiiiinub" cried the small Pokémon as it leaped from the Pokéball to the ground beside Jake with a big goofy grin on its face. It started to circle in and around Jakes feet incessantly, clearly delighted it had been released.

Jake rather cruelly paid little attention to Swinub, he was much too preoccupied with staring deep into the Viridian forest ahead. Going through there meant progressing on with his journey but it also meant once again travelling into the unknown AND it also meant following his mysterious tag along from before, it wasn't a situation he would call ideal but alas he was prepared to do it.

He finally broke out of his stare and looked down towards Swinub.

"Looks like we gotta push on eh buddy?"

Swinub looked up at him with an innocent smile before letting out a little reply of approval, happy to be with Jake and to progress on with their journey.

Jake let out a small chuckle, overjoyed in the knowledge he had someone like Swinub to stick by him. He reached into his pocket and checked his reward from the mysterious man was still there, he gripped the crumpled-up business card, rubbed his thumb against a few times before pulling his hand out and nodding his head.

"Okay, let's go!" said Jake as both he and Swinub started slowly creeping into Viridian Forest.

As they got there, Jake was overwhelmingly surprised at how thick and dense it was, he had heard of it being somewhat easily traversable years ago but this was definitely not the case now, it was dense, it felt humid, it was dimly lit and it had a plethora of nasty bug type Pokémon running around it but at the same time, also quite a few Jake was surprised to see there.

He screwed his face up at the conditions, it was less than ideal, certainly not the conditions he expected to find anyway. He started to wonder if the man from before would even have known the way out of the forest at all, could he still be here somewhere? Just lost perhaps? Jake shook these thoughts from his mind, why was he still dwelling on that strange man? He looked down towards Swinub and with a nervous smile from each of them, they both began to try and make their way through the dense undergrowth.

Although one could argue it was his own fault, Jake soon found the forest to be somewhat cruel and unforgiven. He was finding himself getting jabbed in the leg multiple times from prickly branches and dirtying himself from stepping in unseen mud and puddles because of the dim lighting. Swinub on the other hand was chugging along nicely, it's furry and somewhat fatty outer layer meant that it wasn't feeling any jabs or pricks from the branches or bushes and because it was down low, it was able to avoid any standing water or mud. Poor Jake was miserable however, to go from a tense situation in Viridian City to now pottering about in a murky forest meant that his morale was quite poor indeed.

With his mood souring Jake became increasingly annoyed at the fact that he was becoming more lost than he thought he would be and the fact that he was now filthy and scratched all over just made things even worse. He began thinking there was probably an easier route but in true fashion with his luck, he ended up on the worst path through.

He and Swinub continued to trek through the forest when both heard a wild Pokémon cry … and it was close, very close. Jake completely froze up, his mind awash with memories of his wild Pokémon encounter in Viridian. He swallowed a lump in his throat and attempted to steady his wild and shaky hands. He scanned the area around him before Swinub let out a cry and gestured to a little clearing to the left of them, sure enough there lay a wild Pokémon, A Weedle. Jake turned his nose up at it before spinning around to sneak away but Swinub had other plans … it let out the loudest cry it could muster and leaped in front of Weedle. The Weedle responded in an instant and thrusted its body back out of danger. Both Pokémon now had a glaring gaze directed towards each other.

Jake stood in awe of what was happening, his body completely motionless.

It didn't take long before Weedle charged at Swinub and thrusted its sharp stinger into the small fluff ball. A poison sting no doubt.

Swinub let out a yelp of discomfort, a direct and powerful hit from the Weedle. It mustered its strength and soldiered on. It raised itself to its feet and prepared for the battle to continue. It looked over at Jake and let out a cry, Jake soon snapped out of his trance, he shook his head and stared at Swinub. He furrowed his brow before a light was finally turned on!

"You want me to help you battle Swinub right??" said Jake as he smacked his hand against his head, furious at his stupidity.

He re-positioned himself behind Swinub and he readied himself for his first battle ever.

Weedle took advantage of this fumbling around and charged at Swinub once more with a poison sting.

"Argh! Ummm … dodge it Swinub?" shouted Jake in an obviously unsure manner.

Swinub dug its feet into the ground and prepped for the last second to dodge but alas it wasn't to be, Weedle once more stung Swinub with its sharp stinger, another direct hit with poison sting.

"DAMMIT!" roared Jake as he clenched his fist.

He let out an audible groan and he searched his brain for Swinubs moves, he just could not remember at all.

Weedle of course, once again primed itself for an attack. It charged forward with all its might before it finally clicked with Jake!

"That's it!! Swinub dodge that attack and then charge with tackle!"

Swinub once again waited for the perfect moment to dodge and this time, thankfully, it worked. Weedle missed completely and stopped just short of Jake's feet before Swinub came charging in with a tackle, the Weedle had little time to respond. It was launched back almost into the bushes again. It rose back up, this time with a furious look in its eyes.

It let out an angry cry before recklessly charging at Swinub once more.

Now confident in his abilities, Jake informed Swinub to dodge once again and then counter with another tackle. His confidence was to be short lived however, the Weedle landed a powerful direct hit before Swinub could even finish hearing what Jake had said.

Swinub now at this stage having taken 3 fearsome blows finally collapsed onto the ground, it was nearly knocked out. Jake's eyes widened, his mouth hanging open, his mind raced with thoughts. The Weedle prepped to land a finishing blow on the Swinub but before it could charge, Jake had run in front of the Weedle, scooped up Swinub and made off running into the undergrowth, his cheeks, becoming damp from the tears.

[/div]

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Viridian City

Kiyo had spent a little too much time roaming through Route One. As much as he tried, he couldn't shake any of the newfound emotions that haunted his mind.'I can't even take care of myself… how am I supposed to take care of a Pokemon!?' His only solace was the sun beginning to set. Spending most of his time in solitude, Kiyo was accustomed to the dark. He sighed with relief, happy the sun would no longer be beating down on him. But as dusk settled, newfound horrors begun to rise. Bushes rustled and bug-types chirped in the distance. Kiyo picked up the pace for fear of the unknown. It wasn't the darkness he feared, but what hid within it. This darkness was no familiar friend to Kiyo.

Practically sprinting, Purugly mewed as she tried her best to keep up with her trainer. "I'm not scared!" lashed out Kiyo. "I just… We really gotta deliver this before nightfall, okay!?" Purugly meowed at her partner, sceptical of his intentions. "And try to keep it down. I'm not trying to have anymore battles today!"

Thankfully, it wasn't long before they reached the edge of Route One. Taking a moment to catch his breath, Kiyo was shocked to see just how populated the outer limits of Viridian City were. 'I knew there would be more people than Pallet Town, but…' Viridian City was much more bustling than he originally anticipated. All walks of life sprang to and fro from its border. Casual, formal, and everything in-between came and went as they pleased. The fact that everyone seemed enthralled by their own personal business helped put Kiyo at ease. Taking a deep breath, he marched forward towards the inner city.

Viridian City was quite the contrast to Pallet Town. While Pallet Town was bright and close-knit, everything in Viridian seemed to be coated in drear. Kiyo recalled what the the guard from earlier had told him. "It was Team Rockets previous HQ, after all…" It made him feel uneasy. 'Do I really have to spend the night here…?'

While wondering the town, it had almost escaped Kiyo the whole reason he was at Viridian City in the first place. His mom had asked him to deliver a small package to her friend that lived here. Kiyo pulled out a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket that had the delivery address on it along with his Pokedex. 'Let's pray this thing has gps…' he thought as he punched the address into it. Luckily for him, it pinpointed the location of his destination was an apartment complex near the cities gym.

neon-png-martini-neon-psd-436535-png-289-400-289.png
Kiyo closely followed his Pokedexs navigation. Each dark alley and flickering streetlight he passed sent shivers down his spine. Neon signs illuminated his path every so often. Eventually, curiosity got the best of him and he begun to read what services they offered. 'Dinner. Shop…' He listed the signs off one by one as he passed them by. The deeper he got in the city, the closer a murmured, pulsating bass drum could be heard. "Adults Only!??" he read aloud. Blood rushed to his head, rouging his cheeks. 'This is probably where all the weirdos spend their time. In fact, I bet I'd blend right in…' Before he could get any funny ideas, Purugly jumped at her owner, pawing him in the face. "Ow!" he yelled, rubbing the mark she left. Before he could respond, that's when it happened.

As if a bomb had gone off, something shook the very ground Kiyo stood on. It was louder than anything he had heard before. Instinctively, he had crouched down, shielding himself from… whatever that was. It wasn't long before sirens and panicked footsteps could be heard, echoing through the alleys. Even the "business" he was crouched in front of had people rushing out in a frenzied state. People pulled out their cellphones or Pokedex, clamoring for any inkling of knowledge of what that sound could have possibly been. Kiyo looked at his own Pokedex; a large alert pulsed across the screen. Clicking it, the screen swapped to what appeared to be a live broadcast of a news anchor in front of a scorched building.

"--now at Viridian City where a bomb has exploded at the heart of the Gym! Average temperatures right now range from hot to hotter as the fires spread throughout the city."

Kiyos eyes widened in horror. 'A… bomb!? But I-- He watched as the camera panned to the surrounding buildings. Firefighters and trainers were on the scene, dousing the flames of what appeared to be a familiar building. That's when it hit him. The building they were dousing was the complex of his mothers friend. Kiyo dropped his Pokedex as his hands began to shake. From the speaker, the reporter could still be heard.

"Everyone is expected to immediately put out any fires they see and an evacuation warning has been sent by the leader, so prepare your emergency kits beforehand."

Kiyo reflected on the days past events: meeting Professor Oak, his first Pokemon battle, and even his time spent eating with Elekid earlier. His breathing was shallow and he began to drip with cold sweat. If any of those events hadn't taken up his time, 'That could have been me. I should be.... dead.' All Kiyo wanted at that moment was nothing more than the comfort of his room.

Kiyo was now leaning against the building when he heard a deep voice call out to him. "Didn't you hear? We're evacuating the perimeter." Kiyo looked up at the man, his eyes bloodshot from rubbing away the tears. 'How long has it been…?' He looked unwell. It was hard for him to process what he was actually saying. Kiyo slurred his response, unable to make a coherent sentence. "Are you injured?" questioned the officer. He stepped closer to Kiyo, inspecting the late teen. "Now that I got a better look at ya, I don't ever remember seein' your face around here." His voice shifted to a more pointed tone. "You wouldn't know anything about this fire, would ya?"

VSPolice_Officer.png
Purugly arched her back, hissing at the opposing man. The officer seemed less concerned for Kiyos well-being and more interested in why he was so stirred and out of breath. "How about you come with me? Let me ask you a few questions." The officer inched closer. Too close apparently, causing Purugly to kick dirt at him: a Sand Attack. Kiyo, who had previously been paralyzed by fear, grabbed his Pokedex and booked it down the street. As dirt flew at the officer, it clouded his vision. "Fuck!" He yelled. By the time the dust settled, Kiyo had already darted down the street with is Purugly following suit. "Get back here!"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Viridian City - feat. Blue!

Aberdeen
152MS.png
060MS.png

Alister
Spr_5b_328.png
Spr_5b_396_m.png
Spr_5b_285.png

"Fuck," Blue muttered to himself as he lifted a piece of rubble up to let a (thankfully not too injured) kid crawl out from the ruins of what used to be his pride and joy, the Gym of Viridian City.

Arceus, he hurt everywhere.

Blue looked around in an attempt to do damage control around the area. That was his job to do as the Gym Leader of Viridian. At least, that was his job in cases of emergencies. He sighed, he didn't expect the emergency to actually happen, and the town was starting to warm up to it's new overlord and actually put the Rockets to what they should be: a thing of the past.

"Those god damn Rocket propagandists," He growled, unintentionally scaring the kid that he just worked so hard to save, slightly backing off in an attempt to avoid his anger. "I didn't think they'd go so far to support those damned Rockets... Red wouldn't.." He fought the urge to punch the nearest rubble; there was no need to cause even more trouble for his Machamp, who were already doing most of the work needed, as well as his own hand, which he needs to actually help people out.

He really needed to chill.

So did Aberdeen. He was in a steamroller mode and barged out from the ruins of the main battle hall with Endor by his side, too late to realize that there was a Machamp torso right in his path. His forehead collided with the solid yet elastic muscles and bounced back to have him almost fall on top of the Trapinch.

Machamp didn't even notice something collided with him. He was too busy being strong and flexing his muscles and helping the kids. Blue, however, like the typical gym leader he is, was immediately alerted.

Almost like he was expecting the culprits to return to the scene of the crime.

In an instant, he snapped his fingers to bring Machamp back to attention, dropping the boulder he was carrying and turning toward the kid... kid? Trainer.

"You shouldn't be here kid. What the hell are you doing?"

"Hey Deen are you alright?" Alister called out, as he watched Endor scurry back before looking up at the Machamp. He raised an eyebrow when he spotten Blue and glanced back at Farin hoping she may be able to tell him just who that was.

Aberdeen got back up and brushed ash and dirt off his clothes. "Yeah, I'm all good. Sorry! What's with that attitude though?" he said towards the new man. "What are you doing here?"

Farin however, quickly shut the jaw she had dropped, and now walked up to punch Deen in the guts with her elbow. "That's Blue, the gym leader of Viridian! He's right where he's supposed to be! And my sister... She works for him. In the gym."

Her gaze wandered back to the sad Nidorino body that was still being held by Alister.

Alister had to hold back a small chuckle at Farin and Deen and offered a small smile to Farin and Blue. "We're here mostly to try and find Farin's sister... I saw her run into the gym and ran after and well..." He trailed off, glancing down at the Nidorino with a sad smile.

Deen's mind went haywire again as he tried desperately not to acknowledge the corpse. "And no sister found, and we were not the ones planting the bomb, and Farin is retrieved, so now we can have a gym battle! I mean. When we get out! Right?"

Blue sighed, "Kid, Deen, that's your name right? Yeah," He had to stop himself from palming himself in the face, "Not the greatest time to ask for a gym battle." Blue waved his arms, intentionally exaggerating as he pointed to the dropped boulder, "You really want to battle in this pile of big ass rocks that I used to call a gym?"

Machamp could feel his trainer's exasperation, and wisely stepped out of the fuming leader's way.

"Look," Blue pointed to the nearest open area, which is coincidentally next to them, where Machamp had lifted the big boulder, "Just get the fuck out of here."

Farin, looking a bit embarrassed, grabbed Aberdeen's arm and pulled him with her, following Blue's lead. She looked back at Ali as if to ask for forgiveness for letting him carry the full burden of the Nidorino now.

Flashing a quick smile at Farin, Alister picked up the Nidorino and followed after her and Aberdeen with Endor hot on his heels.

A few minutes after they left, Blue thought he was finally alone when he saw a faint, orange silhouette rapidly catching up to where they were standing. Again, he snapped his fingers to move machamp in an attack-ready position in case the runner turned out to be their culprit.

Again, he was proven wrong, as it turned out to be Officer Jenny riding on her Arcanine headed towards him and stopping just inches before they hit Machamp square in the face.

"Blue! I'm glad you're okay," she panted. She was red in the face and her clothes were dischevelled. The woman looked exhausted.

"Officer," He nodded, "Any updates on the situation?"

"There was a tip from two reporters who have received an anonymous message of the plans to bomb the gym an hour before it happened, and we found a guy that ratted out to us there were around three of them, with only one receiving the instructions."

"Let me guess, the guy we caught wasn't it?" Blue frowned.

She shook her head.

"Fuck."

"Yeah," Officer Jenny nodded, "That's what I thought too. There were some rumors about suspicious people headed towards Viridian but..."

"Better than a fucking dead end," Blue decided, returning Machamp to his pokeball. "I'll head there to check. Scout around here to see if there's more people in need of help." He turned and rushed away from the remnants of his gym, heading towards the treeline of Viridian Forest.

Last edited:
Years
Kari Forsberg
060MS.png
120MS.png
Viridian City -> Route 2

Kari woke up in the cold cell. She sat on what could be called bed. Her hair was a mess and she could smell burned fabric in the air. Her hoodie must get burned during the fire.

"Good to see you awake," she heard unknown voice. "I was getting worried you would never wake up."

Kari turned her head and saw an officer standing in front of her cell.

"Let me apology for tomorrow," he said. "But you have to understand that Jenny was just doing her work. She wouldn't put you in there if she knew who you are."

"And who am I?" Kari was confused.

"One of the heroes that saved this city, of course. But let's not waste time on that. Get out of there," he waved his hand indicating for Kari to get out of the cell.

Only now Kari noticed doors to her cell are open. She got up and staggered when she tried to walk. Her leg still hurt from the previous night, when it got hit my that Grunt.

"Now, before I let you out of here and out of Viridian, may I suggest something?" he asked Kari. "You should really consider taking a bath." He said when Kari nodded.

Kari looked at her hands. They were all black from all the ash and fire from previous night. Her hoodie had huge hole burned in. She took it of and revealed her body full of bruises and burns.

"You don't wear anything under that hoodie?" the officer asked when he saw Kari only in her swimsuit.

"I don't feel alright when I have too many layers on myself," she answered.

"Do you have any spare hoodie?"

"No. I only have spare swimsuit. Just in case," Kari stopped for a minute. "Is there clothing store somewhere?"

"I'm afraid it got burned down last night," officer said. He looked around the room. "I might have an idea. but first thing first. The showers are this way."

He led Kari through the station to the showers. He let her in and waited outside.

When first drop of water fell on Kari's skin, she started regaining all the energy. Her body stopped hurting that much. She enjoyed her time in the shower.

When she finished, officer was waiting outside with simple police vest, similar to the one Officer Jenny was wearing. He helped her in it. It was heavier that her hoodie, but it was good otherwise.

The officer then returned all of her stuff and insisted that he'll accompany Kari to Route 2.

"So, you're the one who stopped that Grunt?" officer asked.

"Well, it wasn't just me," Kari replied modestly.

"And do you know why he did it?" officer continued with his questions.

"Not really. You should ask Jenny about that."

"Who was he working for?" he continued.

"No idea. Why don't you look up the database? You have one on the station, right?" she hoped she'll finally get him to stop.

"We have, but I though you would know," officer said with clear uncertainty in his voice.

Kari wasn't paying attention to him anymore. She was looking around her in hopes to find her cap.

"What are you doing?" officer asked, when he noticed what was Kari doing.

"I'm looking for my cap," she replied.

"Well that must be the worst thing that happened yesterday," he said jokingly.

Kari look at him. She couldn't believed that this officer could have a sense of humor. He helped her looking for the cap. They started talking about all kinds of things, while they were getting closer to the exit form Viridian City.

"I know it sounds weird, but I would like to get that person who burned down the city," Kari said when they walked through the gate dividing Viridian City and Route 2.

Officer wanted to reply, but then something attracted his attention. He walked past Kari and stopped by a small wall that was covered in green paint.

"You might not find out who set up the fires in the city, but you could start with smaller things. Like who painted this graffiti on the wall," he said while looking at the wall. He took of his hat, got back up and walked back to Kari. "We didn't find your cap... And you already have police vest on you..." he put the hat on Kari's head. It was a little bit bigger, so her eyes got covered for a while.

When she put the hat higher, the officer was gone. She looked around herself in hope to see him, but he was nowhere to find. For a moment she though it was all dream and she's still sleeping on the street of Viridian. But it wasn't. This really happened. She was standing on the crossroad between Viridian City and Route 2 alone.

She took of the hat and noticed a piece of paper tucked inside. She took it out. It was a business card. There was only a number and a name: Looker. She put the card in her bag, just in case she would ever need it.

She then looked back on the Viridian City and then at the graffiti on the wall. It's time to solve this mystery.
Inventory
Spoiler:

Pokémon
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Violet Raynes
Route 2
6WqaSVJ.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Chapter 1-2 | To Be A Trainer

As one might expect being so close to a city, Route 2 was quite the bustling place. One could easily hear the sounds of laughing children as they made their way up the dusty, dirt road that led to Viridian Forest. The air carried with it a symphony of chirping bird pokémon, mixing in with the cries of trainers calling out attacks. Violet found herself taking in the sights and sounds with a fair amount of curiosity. After all, she had never actually experienced traveling up a route in the role of being a pokémon trainer before. She had more or less been chauffeured to Viridian City, wherein she stayed mostly in her room at the pokémon center, only interacting with the nurse when checking... briefly, and with Professor Oak shortly afterwards. That said, the girl couldn't actually bring herself to travel up the road leading up the route properly.

Violet found herself sticking as far away from the main trail as she could, instead choosing to avoid as much eye contact as possible by walking slowly through the grass. Zidane himself was quite annoyed by this decision, as this meant that his chances to get into any good battles was virtually non-existent. Violet was not unaware to the rather dirty looks she was getting from her Treecko. Even without directly looking at the grass pokémon that was riding on her shoulder, she could feel the aggravation radiating from him. To be fair, she kind of felt annoyed at herself too. It wasn't as if the girl didn't want to travel up the road where trainers and wild pokémon were waiting. If it was anything like she had read about in various stories, it was likely to be quite the exciting experience. Unfortunately for the trainer, whenever she had the passing thought about throwing caution to the wind and just taking the main trail, her body would simply lock up. She would then start second guessing herself, almost to the point that she would start having a panic attack, before abandoning the thought all together and resigning herself to her determined route.

"I... I'm s-sorry..." Violet eventually said, casting an apologetic glance to her Treecko. The trip up the route passed their initial introductions had been in complete and total silence, with the only sounds being emitted coming from Zidane in himself in the form of bored groans. "I... I want to... I m-mean... I know how you feel, but..."

Zidane raised an eyebrow, mild curiosity on his face as he wondered what his trainer was going to say. The Treecko wouldn't get the chance to figure it out, however. Before Violet got another word out of her lips, a loud screeching noise suddenly reached the duo's ears. Violet quickly turned to a nearby tree, the leaves of a nearby branch rustling violently before a feathered pokémon quickly dove down in their directions. A small shriek of surprise quickly escaped Violet's mouth as she ducked, causing the attacking wild pokémon to just narrowly miss its target. She slowly looked up, her eyes widening as she took in view of the creature flapping wildly in the air. It was a Spearow, a bird pokémon known for being quite territorial and rather quick to anger on top of that. The girl scrambled to her feet, quickly taking the opportunity to try and run away. However, the lack of a sudden weight on her shoulder quickly stopped her dead in her tracks.

Violet quickly turned her direction back to the wild Spearow, taking quick notice that Zidane was staring the bird pokémon up and down with an excited look in his eyes. The grass pokémon was bouncing up and down, his little hands balled into fists as if he was attempting to taunt the Spearow into attacking once more. This seemed to be doing the trick as the feathers on the wild pokémon began to ruffle quickly in irritation.

"N-No... No, we c-can't... We shouldn't..." Violet stammered.

She quickly reached into her bag, pulling out Zidane's pokéball. She held the device out, preparing to call the creature back, when she suddenly found herself hesitant. What if he got even more angry if she called him back...? They had already started off on the wrong foot. Would it really be in her best interest to make him probably despise her even more. She slowly lowered her arm, her head rushing with thoughts on just what she should do... and it was this doubt that would lead Zidane into his first official battle.

Without waiting for Violet to even come to her senses and give out her first order, the Treecko suddenly charged at the wild Spearow. Spearow let out a loud screech, diving down beak-first at its opponent. Zidane was able to nimbly jump over the bird however, taking the time to deliver a loud slap to the back of its head with his wide tail. The Spearow glared angrily at the Treecko, quickly turning back and tackling into the Treecko with greater speed. Zidane let out a surprised wail as he hit the ground, the bird pokémon landing on top of him and screeching before jabbing its beak into the pinned Treecko three times.

Violet's eyes widened, the girl quickly realizing that she had to help her Treecko out in some way in this situation. "Z-Zidane... Zidane, use Crush Claw!"

Zidane grinned at the wild Spearow, quickly bringing up its claws and slamming them into the side of the bird pokémon's head. This hit the wild Spearow with enough force to knock it off of Zidane, allowing the gecko pokémon to climb back up to its feet and regain his composure. Dazed for a moment or two, the wild Spearow shook its head in frustration before returning back into the air to dive at him again.

"N-Now, use Quick Attack!" Violet called out.

Zidane quickly charged at the diving Spearow, sidestepping its attack before slamming his tail into the wild bird pokémon once again. Violet could feel her heart racing with excitement as Zidane darted towards the downed Pokémon, striking with one more Crush Claw to finish the Spearow off for good. The bird pokémon let out a pain-filled squawk as it took the full force of the blow, before fainting right there on the spot. Zidane stood over the now-fainted Spearow, looking the his opponent over before smirking down at it with contempt. He proudly kicked some dirt at the creature before turning his attention towards Violet and strutting his way forward.

"Z-Zidane... That was... Y-You were so cool!" Violet exclaimed as the Treecko scrambled his way up to the girl's shoulder. Zidane only offered the girl a brief nod, as if he was already fully aware of this detail. "I... I never thought that a battle could be that exciting... I feel like my heart is about to burst out of my chest..."

"Indeed... battles are quite exciting! In fact, I remember one from my younger days... A wild Mankey, I think...? Or maybe an Aipom...? I'm getting so forgetful nowadays..."

Violet jumped at the sudden voice speaking towards her. Slowly, the teenager turned around to see an old man looking at her with a warm smile stretched across his lips. A distant look in his eyes, it seemed the man was reminiscing of his younger days. By his side, a small Growlithe barked eagerly, snapping the old man from his thoughts.

"Yes, yes... I suppose you're right. We better get a move on if we're to get home by nightfall... Come along, Sol..." the old man sighed.

Violet watched as the tiny Growlithe, obviously still a baby pokémon, began to run circles around the old man as he slowly began to trudge his way up the route. Over his back, the teenager noticed that he was carrying a bag. She really wasn't sure what was inside, but Violet figured it must have had a little weight to it with how the old man seemed to be struggling to keep his balance as he walked. The young woman hesitated for a moment as she watched, biting her lip in apprehension, before she suddenly found her legs moving forward of their own volition.

"W-Wait... Wait a moment!" she suddenly called out, managing to gain the old man's attention. The elderly man slowly turned around, the soft smile still gracing his lips despite his heavy load and obvious fatigue. "You... I... That is... I c-can help you with that... y-you know, if you need... I mean, if you want...?"

The old man chuckled lightly. "No, no... It's quite alright. After all, I'm sure you're quite the busy young trainer. I wouldn't want to distract you from your own journey."

Violet shook her head, giving the man a nervous smile. "I insist."

Without waiting for a reply, she took hold of the man's bag and slowly slipped it from his shoulder. Her eyes widened in surprise. The bag was actually quite heavy, almost causing the girl to lose balance herself as she properly adjusted it on her own shoulder. Violet began to wonder just how in the world the man was able to carry it as far as he did. She wondered just how far he had been traveling from with it in his possession.

"Thank you, lass... I really appreciate this," the old man replied, a sigh of relief slipping out as he straightened his back for a moment. "You're quite the helpful young trainer miss... miss eh..."

"Violet," the girl answered, slowly walking up the route with her new companion by her side.

"What a lovely name... It reminds me of my wife. We were married over fifty years ago, you know. I met her over in Vermilion City... Of course, back then it was more of a town than a city. That Lieutenant Surge fellow was just a little runt back then. Quite the troublemaker too, if my memory serves me correctly. Did I ever tell you about the time he broke our window with a baseball... It all started back on a Tuesday in July... or wait, was a Monday in October...? Well, no matter. That scamp, you'll never believe this..."

Violet could only stare at the man in disbelief as he began to ramble. Something told her this was going to be an interesting day, that much was certain.

Back