• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • i was on another forum and the thread was about things about being a man that sucks and I'm dying of laughter

the thread quickly turning into a conversation on how to readjust your balls without being noticed. And this kid typed into the thread and the thread became the "padawan" all of the late teens/adults on how to readjust balls

i didnt need the suggestions, but I needed that laugh

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Just remember, that a doctor isn't going to prescribe something to you without first knowing that it will help you more than the side effects will hurt you.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I mean, hell, yeah, if for whatever reason you don't trust your doctor, trust a pharmacist. They have to know what every drug in their store does when combined with every other drug the store.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

No doctor or pharmacist can say with absolute certainty that side effects of medication won't affect you, because everyone is different. But whatever works, I guess.

I could probably use some medication, all things considered. But I can't swallow tablets either =/

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I hope they create more alternate forms of ingesting medicine soon. Pills are a pain. Some kind of patch would be nice, especially if you only needed to reapply it every few days.

pkmin3033

I could use some anti-anxiety medication that doesn't drop my blood pressure to life-threatening levels. Some anti-emetics would be nice too.

But really I don't think medication for my mental health would work for me...get rid of my mental health problems and there wouldn't be anything left of me.

Last edited:

VoltYellow

And then Everyone Dies™
    Years
  • I hope they create more alternate forms of ingesting medicine soon. Pills are a pain. Some kind of patch would be nice, especially if you only needed to reapply it every few days.
    Somewhere someday I read about a patch that makes you immune and cures you. I can't find the newspaper but I'm sure that those patches will be coming into the market around 2020

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    No doctor or pharmacist can say with absolute certainty that side effects of medication won't affect you, because everyone is different.

That's not what I said at all. They go by the assumption that it will affect you negatively, but still prescribe it if they know there's a greater chance of it helping than harming you.

pkmin3033

That's not what I said at all. They go by the assumption that it will affect you negatively, but still prescribe it if they know there's a greater chance of it helping than harming you.
    Sure, if they care enough. Most don't.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I had to bring my cat into the vet last Friday. My mom had noticed that he was getting skinnier, and she noticed some kind of lump on his throat. After the vet examined him, they found some other growth thing going on in his intestine. We should be getting the lab results back today or tomorrow, and I'm hoping for the best, but I'm expecting the worst. :(

It's one of those things that seemed to just pop up out of nowhere, but it must have been going on for some time. If it's the worst case and it's cancer, we don't really have any other option except to put him down. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back