• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

I have two ridiculously painful sores on the right side of my mouth, from where I bite my lips when I'm panicking...I need to learn to not have panic attacks.

pkmin3033

I experience more of a constant low-level stress these days because of things...I don't descend into outright panic as much as I used to. I guess you get used to a lot of things as time goes on? But every now and then...everyone has bad days, I think.

Years
    lol I deal with massive amounts of stress on a near-daily basis with my job, really. Sometimes it gets too overwhelming to a point where I need a few minutes to myself but otherwise I just kinda tough it out as much as I can.

Years
    Believe it or not, I used to a lot more mentally weak than I am now. I had to do a lot of self-reflection over the years (and even over the past year, over the past couple of months, etc) over my general reaction to certain scenarios in the past and I've come to the conclusion that I need to better myself mentally in order to see any real positive change in my life.

It's a steep mountain to climb for sure, but I'm ready to make that journey.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wanted to get better mentally, but kind of failed, and then I think I just kind of grew up and now I'm calmer than ever. Give it a few more years and I'll be downright dull :D

Years
    I wanted to get better mentally, but kind of failed, and then I think I just kind of grew up and now I'm calmer than ever. Give it a few more years and I'll be downright dull :D

But you seem so full of energy!! it'd suck to have rika in her 30s being dull :c

TY

Mentally I was nowhere to be found at the age 6-16. It is a whole lot better, but still not ideally where I want it to be. If bad things happen I tend to easily fall apart :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    But you seem so full of energy!! it'd suck to have rika in her 30s being dull :c
    I do? o: That's... reassuring to hear somehow c:

Frankly I feel like I'll enjoy my 30s haha. Like I was made to be in my 30s and so far it's been a long wait to get there and in my 40s i'm always just gonna be talking about my raging 30s. Ok this sounds weird idk.

I don't have so much stress from work, I just feel like my energy gets drained as soon as I step foot in there. :/
    What do you work as?

Years
    Mentally I was nowhere to be found at the age 6-16. It is a whole lot better, but still not ideally where I want it to be. If bad things happen I tend to easily fall apart :(

Sammeee! This is mostly because I tend to overthink situations a lot and whenever something bad happens I think of worst case scenarios and it just drains my motivation and energy. It sucks. :c

TY

Sammeee! This is mostly because I tend to overthink situations a lot and whenever something bad happens I think of worst case scenarios and it just drains my motivation and energy. It sucks. :c

I had that happen a lot last year with a lot of events happening that weren't really good things at all, IRL problems and more. I bounced back I'd say but how I did it... idk I always say its demon magic x)

Years
    Frankly I feel like I'll enjoy my 30s haha. Like I was made to be in my 30s and so far it's been a long wait to get there and in my 40s i'm always just gonna be talking about my raging 30s. Ok this sounds weird idk.

I'm going to be honest: The older I get, the most I dread my 30s.

This is more because I feel like my 20s are meant to "enjoy adulthood", y'know? Like I'm still kind of a kid, but you're basically kind of a kid adult, if that makes any sense whatsoever. @__@ Like you enjoy the independence and freedom that you have until you hit 30.

And then 30s is when you have to be all Serious Adult and settling into careers and make Super Important life decisions and stuff... ugh.

It sounds like y'all simply think too much.

One of my co-workers said the exact same thing about me.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back