• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leave/Return Thread

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I am officially back. I apologize to the GT team for missing out on my event, for the UG people for missing out on several games, and all others.

I've been through a lot this past month and I wouldn't want to go into the details here.

Let's just say that I am recovering.

Thanks.
    It's good to see you back buddy c:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Well, I've not been here for more than two months now, not sure how many of you actually noticed.

For those of you who do care, I'm not back yet, don't know if & when I will be. Honestly, I'm not motivated at all right now, not sure if I'll ever be active here again. There's a lot happening irl that needs my attention & that is much more important than anything else.

Anyways, at least there's reason to celebrate, its my birthday tomorrow, so 'yeah'.

This is where I type in my signature "Pika Pika", but not any more.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Hello all! Time really flew, because I honestly didn't notice that I haven't had visited in about 8 months! ... and I haven't really been active for far longer than that, I fear. Anyways, dropped a few posts here earlier today, and I hope there's more from where that came from.

I've been kinda disconnected from pokemon lately, I sort of dodged the forum to prevent myself from getting any spoilers regarding Sun and Moon... and in the end disregarded it totally. =( Some friends of mine recently gotten me back and really hooked into the TCG, and I've picked up Sun as well, so eh.... so far for rehab XD.

Anyways, this' been you friendly local Martian Hyena, and I hope to see all you beautiful people on here again! =D

Proshi

Luminous Springs Provider Momo
    Years
  • I hope to be a lil more active in the community now, Been on and of for quite some time. Mainly will be active on the Discord.

pkmin3033

I had hoped to reach 10k, but I suppose we can't all have what we want...

Y'know, I'm not sure if leaving this place suddenly back in July 2016 was the first mistake I made, or if returning after about 8 months trying to pretend that I hadn't been absent for all that time was. I've tried to persevere with it over the last half year and feel like I belong here again like I used to, but I just don't feel that way any longer. Maybe I never did and I was kidding myself, which was why I left in the first place. That was certainly part of it back then. The rest of it is a lot of shit other people wouldn't remember or would outright deny that I can remember like it happened yesterday that utterly destroyed the confidence I'd built up on here.

But I was admittedly in a very bad place when I left, and I thought I'd gotten better. I thought I had a handle on my life, and that I could deal with being around other people again. Maybe I could even try making a few friends for once in my life. Like everything else, I messed that up pretty profoundly. But being here now especially is extremely damaging for me mentally, and I need to stop coming here before it makes me feel any worse than I already do. Because that's all this place does to me now - it makes me feel worse.

I can just hear the responses in my head too, have seen them numerous times over the years thrown at myself and other people - you're not trying hard enough, you don't engage with us, it's YOUR problem, we want you to talk, etc. And maybe it is an individual problem. But to have people tell you that, and push all of the blame - when it was never about blame, just a feeling that you wanted to express - onto your shoulders like you're doing something wrong to feel like this, and continually force their idea of negativity onto you when you're just trying to be honest about things, is pretty damaging.

It's toxic. It doesn't make you feel welcome at all - if anything, it just confirms what you were saying about yourself. You're not welcome, people don't want you here because they don't want to deal with you, and so on. You can say that it's also toxic to continually say these things...but when the same people who say that its toxic then turn around and say that oh, you can - MUST - talk about your issues to resolve them, where does that leave you? When you're not allowed to talk, but not allowed to say things either?

I think the long and short of it is that this is just not a place for everyone, and for various reasons I've fallen/been pushed into that category. This place brings me no joy any more, and I'm only here out of habit, because I have nothing else to be doing. It's time I started finding and doing things that aren't so utterly devastating to my mental health and frequently make me seriously consider why I'm still living if this is all there is for me. When I look at it from an abstract view I should have written this out months ago. I should never have NEEDED to write it out, because when I left in July last year that should have been it. I have done nothing but make mistakes on here since then and its time for me to do something right for the first time in months and leave.

So yeah, I guess that's it. For good, this time. I'll not be coming back after however many months pretending like I've changed enough to be here, because to do that I'd have to force myself to be something I'm not, and I'm done being a doll for other people when all it gets me is being abandoned whenever people get bored with me or decide I'm more trouble than I'm worth, when I don't do a good enough job at that.

For the first year and a half or so that I was here I had a lot of fun, and there were some good times on Discord too. But done is done, and I know that most people who read this either won't care or will be very glad to see the back of me. It's been a very long time since I had anything worthwhile to say, after all. I think we can all agree that this is probably the most positive thing I have ever said or done on this forum.

Take care of yourselves.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024

I would like to say that I really liked your presence around the community, especially in the USUM sections. You weren't afraid to express your opinion, but you also were pretty level headed when it came to actually listening to another point of view. We may not have talked very much if not at all, but I'm really sad you've decided to take your leave from PC. I sincerely give you my best wishes in what you decide to do next in life, and just know if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm around to listen with open ears.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019

I haven't really gotten to talk to you all that much, but the few conversations we had I really enjoyed a lot. You're a genuinely cool person with great taste in Yoko Taro.

Feel free to message me on Discord if you ever need to just vent about crap. I'm up for listening and/or giving advice if you ever need it. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope to have more convos with you in the future <3

Discord: Jake#5903

Also, for what it's worth, a couple days ago I had asked in Discord where you went, because I hadn't seen you around for a few days, and was genuinely sad to hear that you left. Do come back! :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I accidentally made a return post in the introduction thread and I can't delete it? Need a mod to delete it.

Anyway, Hi all! I know this is pretty puzzling but I was a member of this website many years ago! Around the time probably 4th generation was still ongoing. When making a new account, I used my email which was apparently used for my other old account which I unfortunately can't remember. It's an honor to be back here on the forums and forums in general! I hope to make new friends here as I cannot seem to find anyone these days, especially these days of very early adulthood and working. I'll be picking up Ultra Moon on release day and I haven't thought out a team yet, I am choosing Rowlet as opposed to Litten in my Pokemon Sun though, so it is a start! I don't wanna ramble on and draw this out, so there's my reintroduction to this site! Hope to stick around here as long as I can!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I accidentally made a return post in the introduction thread and I can't delete it? Need a mod to delete it.

Anyway, Hi all! I know this is pretty puzzling but I was a member of this website many years ago! Around the time probably 4th generation was still ongoing. When making a new account, I used my email which was apparently used for my other old account which I unfortunately can't remember. It's an honor to be back here on the forums and forums in general! I hope to make new friends here as I cannot seem to find anyone these days, especially these days of very early adulthood and working. I'll be picking up Ultra Moon on release day and I haven't thought out a team yet, I am choosing Rowlet as opposed to Litten in my Pokemon Sun though, so it is a start! I don't wanna ramble on and draw this out, so there's my reintroduction to this site! Hope to stick around here as long as I can!

Heya, welcome back! You can try contacting one of the Staff Admins or the Admin to see if you can get your password changed by them so you can get back into your old account, only if you want to though, that's completely up to you though. We're all pretty excited for Ultra Sun/Moon, and we're constantly posting any news that happens to come up for the upcoming games on our news outlet PokeCommunity Daily. I think I'm going to go with Popplio this time around :3 Anywho, if you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask. Oh, and I'll go ahead and remove your thread for you :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Heya, welcome back! You can try contacting one of the Staff Admins or the Admin to see if you can get your password changed by them so you can get back into your old account, only if you want to though, that's completely up to you though. We're all pretty excited for Ultra Sun/Moon, and we're constantly posting any news that happens to come up for the upcoming games on our news outlet PokeCommunity Daily. I think I'm going to go with Popplio this time around :3 Anywho, if you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask. Oh, and I'll go ahead and remove your thread for you :D

Thanks for the removal and the welcome back! I actually found my old account but the name of it sounds extremely cringe due to me being a young kid at the time. I've long matured as well :P I'll just stick with this account since it sounds better and appropriate in my eyes. I remember when everyone hated on Popplio when S/M was around the corner, I assume there's new love for it now xD

Bigjon357

https://discord.gg/HAXrq78
    Years
  • Hi. I'm Bigjon357. I came back here because there's nothing going on on my site and because Nintendo plus is dead also. So, I thought about coming back here and getting some fresh new friends and friend codes. you can reach me here or Twitter or Google plus name is the same, bigjon357. Here's my FC bigjon357: 4098-7054-7111. Hopefully I'll get a inbox full of messages wanting to trade friend codes.i don't battle that often. I just beat the game on moon,and now working on getting my party to level 100. Hope to hear from you soon, pm me now.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • I'm going to try and return, once more. This time, sticking around more than just a few days. I joined PC over 13 years ago (seriously, that's insane). I used to post daily, then tool multiple breaks. Marriage, and having two kids eats a lot of your time!

My wife and I separated earlier in the year and I kind of realized how much I changed for her, so I am getting back to being myself! Hopefully here for another 13 years!!

Bigjon357

https://discord.gg/HAXrq78
    Years
  • I'm going to try and return, once more. This time, sticking around more than just a few days. I joined PC over 13 years ago (seriously, that's insane). I used to post daily, then tool multiple breaks. Marriage, and having two kids eats a lot of your time!

My wife and I separated earlier in the year and I kind of realized how much I changed for her, so I am getting back to being myself! Hopefully here for another 13 years!!
    Welcome back Everyone! Hopefully I'll get your friend codes.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • oooo hey you two, welcome back! :D

@Randall So sorry to hear that.. hope you'll find the distractions you need to feel better & move on =)

Oh, it's okay! I realized that I changed who I was during our relationship/marriage and I can honestly say this was for the best! I'm just glad that after many, many years, I'm finally rediscovering who I really am again!

TY

Going to take a small leave to fix things in my life

I wont forget to come back I promise and if I do.... uh... idk

Years
    • Online now
    I'm gonna stop posting for a couple weeks. I need to clear my head and sort some things out

I'll probably come back. I enjoy coming on here and seeing the positive vibes people have, it makes for a great distraction

I guess there's always that small chance that I won't be back on, and if not, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays :)

Zenithios

To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy
    Years
  • I'll leave for a bit, since my school life's so busy with all the projects that the teachers are giving. Be back before Christmas I guess.

Back