• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leave/Return Thread

userdamname

Just use your name!
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    Hi everyone! Sorry for the long hiatus. I was too busy with school and finding a job, and it's almost the first day of school but oh well. At least I'm back and I'll see if I can post more often. Thanks

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi everyone! Sorry for the long hiatus. I was too busy with school and finding a job, and it's almost the first day of school but oh well. At least I'm back and I'll see if I can post more often. Thanks
    Welcome back c: Hope you'll enjoy the place more now!

pkmin3033

Holiday is over, and I'm back...on a shiny new laptop! Still got some things going on, but I'll be around~

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Hey everyone, back from a long hiatus. Never really meant to stop, but here I am, reverting just that.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I honestly can not believe that it has been over a year since I came back to this place. Don't know if anyone will recognize me given how long it has been especially since I just up and left out of nowhere.

I had decided to stay off of here for a while due to multiple reasons. I was caught up in some drama last year as well as a bit of this year, and it just had really brought my mood to an all time low. It also brought on the 2nd reason why I haven't been active and why I just came back. I decided to stay inactive on here because I was having numerous depression episodes, and I don't think I would've been able to cover them very good on here and I didn't want to do anything stupid on here that would result in me getting banned or make myself look like an even bigger fool than I already was/am. I was getting easily sad about a lot of things which lead to me crying. Another reason is just due to me being addicted to some games and a few other events that happened in my life that had been keeping me from doing pretty much doing a lot of things and made me honestly forget about a lot of things.

I had been meaning to come back to this site for a while, although I honestly kept forgetting. However, I decided to come back today because I missed this place, I miss the friends who I made on here, and I miss the times that I had on here and I hope that I can get back into the groove of things on here. I can see that a lot has changed on here, and it will take me some time to get used to things, but I hope that I can easily get readjuested back here and continue how I was on here before I made my 1 year leave.

Years
  • Hey guys, it has been a loonnnng time since I've been here, and especially long since I've been active here. I was really active from the summer of 2012 to the end of 2014 and only used PC sporadically through 2015 before eventually forgetting about it all together. Since Hurricane Irma is coming tomorrow, a couple days ago I started thinking about Pokemon because I was considering deleting my white 2 file to play a fresh game during the storm since I didn't really have much attachment to the pre-existing one, I didn't really remember what I was doing or what was going on besides I had beat all the gyms, and I don't have any other physical games anymore. Anyways, that got me a little excited about Pokemon again after being burnt out and bored with just having my old white 2 file, so I started checking out the new games and got really excited and decided I was going to get a 3ds my self and play Sun so I can have a mostly blind experience.

I played some of my new save file today and I got up to the first gym and when I stopped I was looking for a Riolu with a good nature in Floccesy Ranch, which coincidentally, Riolu's are impossible to find I remembered. I think I'm just going to settle for the serious one I caught since I realized it really doesn't matter that much since I won't be able to battle anyone anyways and I don't remember anything in the game being THAT hard honestly, but then again I never got like 100% completion on either of my last 2 files.

Sorry for the big rant, I'm sure some of you are actually interested though. I hope at least some of you here remember me or even were around to remember me lol, but a lot of things have changed in my life since I last was here and it would be awesome to reconnect with old friends and talk about what has changed as well as meet new ones.

Tldr; I haven't been here since early 2015 and I'm back and I'm excited to get back into Pokemon reconnect with the community I have so many fond memories of. You should see me around at least a litte bit. Especially probably in the offtopic and entertainment/media sections as well as maybe the Gen5 as well as gen 4 and 7 since I'm thinking of getting HG soon and eventually Sun.

I am welcome to any and all that want to get to know me or reconnect with me.

Love you all,
    Krazzikk

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Hey guys, it has been a loonnnng time since I've been here, and especially long since I've been active here. I was really active from the summer of 2012 to the end of 2014 and only used PC sporadically through 2015 before eventually forgetting about it all together. Since Hurricane Irma is coming tomorrow, a couple days ago I started thinking about Pokemon because I was considering deleting my white 2 file to play a fresh game during the storm since I didn't really have much attachment to the pre-existing one, I didn't really remember what I was doing or what was going on besides I had beat all the gyms, and I don't have any other physical games anymore. Anyways, that got me a little excited about Pokemon again after being burnt out and bored with just having my old white 2 file, so I started checking out the new games and got really excited and decided I was going to get a 3ds my self and play Sun so I can have a mostly blind experience.

I played some of my new save file today and I got up to the first gym and when I stopped I was looking for a Riolu with a good nature in Floccesy Ranch, which coincidentally, Riolu's are impossible to find I remembered. I think I'm just going to settle for the serious one I caught since I realized it really doesn't matter that much since I won't be able to battle anyone anyways and I don't remember anything in the game being THAT hard honestly, but then again I never got like 100% completion on either of my last 2 files.

Sorry for the big rant, I'm sure some of you are actually interested though. I hope at least some of you here remember me or even were around to remember me lol, but a lot of things have changed in my life since I last was here and it would be awesome to reconnect with old friends and talk about what has changed as well as meet new ones.

Tldr; I haven't been here since early 2015 and I'm back and I'm excited to get back into Pokemon reconnect with the community I have so many fond memories of. You should see me around at least a litte bit. Especially probably in the offtopic and entertainment/media sections as well as maybe the Gen5 as well as gen 4 and 7 since I'm thinking of getting HG soon and eventually Sun.

I am welcome to any and all that want to get to know me or reconnect with me.

Love you all,
    Krazzikk

Welcome back my friend! For the record, I read your entire post, and White/Black 2 are great games. Please be safe during the storm, and just know take as much time as you need to recover from it as well. We have a thread specifically dedicated to those who are in the path of Irma, which you can find here. Sun/Moon are great games, and the hype is even bigger now that Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon are right around the corner. Also, Gen 2's Gold and Silver are getting re-released on Virtual Console, and they have gotten quite the upgrades. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask~

Years
  • Welcome back my friend! For the record, I read your entire post, and White/Black 2 are great games. Please be safe during the storm, and just know take as much time as you need to recover from it as well. We have a thread specifically dedicated to those who are in the path of Irma, which you can find here. Sun/Moon are great games, and the hype is even bigger now that Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon are right around the corner. Also, Gen 2's Gold and Silver are getting re-released on Virtual Console, and they have gotten quite the upgrades. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask~
    Thank you for your cordial welcome, you warm my heart. :)

I haven't looked into it too-too much but do you think I should just go straight to Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? I suppose the question is whether they continue the story/if I would have needed to play the original first. But some of the sequels such as Platinum, and even Black & White 2 to an extent, mostly just featured updates or minor differences from what I remember.

Also, what is a Virtual Console? I'm curious now. I've never played Gen 2 in any depth besides maybe 30 minutes in an emulator.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Thank you for your cordial welcome, you warm my heart. :)

I haven't looked into it too-too much but do you think I should just go straight to Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? I suppose the question is whether they continue the story/if I would have needed to play the original first. But some of the sequels such as Platinum, and even Black & White 2 to an extent, mostly just featured updates or minor differences from what I remember.

Also, what is a Virtual Console? I'm curious now. I've never played Gen 2 in any depth besides maybe 30 minutes in an emulator.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon aren't "new" games in the series, more so an alternate universe in which the games take place. At least that's how they explained it when it was revealed. I don't think it would matter too much if you decide to skip Sun/Moon, but I would eventually go back to them at some point just to see when you get the chance to see the differences.

Virtual Console is a part of the Nintendo eShop online services that allows players to purchase and download retro games, which Pokemon Gold and Silver are being released on (3DS/2DS) September 22nd.

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Ooh Wee!
    Can't believe I got back to this place! od, it's been so long.
    Like..maybe around a year? I don't know. I'm pretty sure it was less than that, but let's go with that.

So um, Hi. And stuff.
    I'm back, been a looooooong time. Really needed to sort out some things in life, army service became most of my life again, I also moved to another city (yeah i'm almost 20 but it's still hurts XD). I've started some various personal projects that I really enjoy doing, pretty much got my life together- also trying to be a military officer (which is basiccally like, signing some more time in the army- by time, it means years and going up the ranks, being a commander of sorts) and now I can *try* and make time for all you lovely pokemon trainers!
    I'm sorry in advance if I have to leave again sometime, but I really hope I can stay.

TLDR: ERMAGHARD POKIMANZ

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Lots of things going on in my personal life. I can't handle everything all at once.

Decided to drop PC for the meantime. I'm sorry guys. ;_; I will be back don't worry.

tata for now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Lots of things going on in my personal life. I can't handle everything all at once.

Decided to drop PC for the meantime. I'm sorry guys. ;_; I will be back don't worry.

tata for now.
    ;; good luck getting back on track with things!

Years
  • Lots of things going on in my personal life. I can't handle everything all at once.

tata for now.
    Hey, I hope you get all this sorted out dude. Life should always come first. Hoping for the best! :)

Last edited:

27thColt

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Hello! I am returning after 3 - 4 years of absence. I was 11 or 12 when I made this (you can tell by the horrible profile and all that).

Although I've always been playing pokemon, I feel like now I've been getting more engaged than I've been for the past 5 years. So I decided to try and join this community once again.

So yeah, hello everyone!

EDIT: Ok perhaps it hasn't been 3 - 4 years since my last bit of activity on here, but it definitely has seemed like awhile!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello! I am returning after 3 - 4 years of absence. I was 11 or 12 when I made this (you can tell by the horrible profile and all that).

Although I've always been playing pokemon, I feel like now I've been getting more engaged than I've been for the past 5 years. So I decided to try and join this community once again.

So yeah, hello everyone!

EDIT: Ok perhaps it hasn't been 3 - 4 years since my last bit of activity on here, but it definitely has seemed like awhile!
    Hey, Welcome back! Good to see you engaged into the community again. :)
    A good place to get into the community again is to join the ongoing Get-Together! There's still some events you can hop into!

Last edited:
    Back