• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Who are your 3 favorite bands/artists?

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
  • Who are your favorite bands/artists in general? Ordered from favorite to least favorite in your top 3.
    My favorites are:
    1. Radiohead
    2. Beck
    3. Pink Floyd
    Honorable mentions: Bjork, Elvis Costello, Weezer.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    1. Pink Floyd
    2. Arcturus
    3. Judas Priest

Honorable mentions: Queen, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Sabaton, Metallica, King Crimson, Faun, Scorpions, Deep Purple

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • *Linkin Park
    *Florence & The Machine
    *Three Days Grace
    If I let myself put honorable mentions I'll be here all day, but I reeeally wish I could've squeezed in All Time Low.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • 1. Owl City
    2. Prince
    3. The Moody Blues
    Third place was pretty hard to decide.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • if i keep it strictly to bands we look like this:

1. kings of leon
    2. the mars volta
    3. a perfect circle

solo artists is:

1. ariana grande
    2. kendrick lamar
    3. bob dylan

User Anon 1848

2. Red Hot Chili Peppers
    3. Nirvana

It's nice to see A Perfect Circle make someone's list. They have some great songs and I never hear anyone talk about them.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    1. Animal Collective
    2. Devendra Banhart
    3. Dan Deacon

Make sense of that.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • 1. Led Zeppelin
    2. The Smiths
    3. The Beatles

Honorable mentions: The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Roxette. They almost made into the list.

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • 1. Tool
    2. Black Sabbath/Ozzy
    3. Mac Miller

Tho $uicideBoy$, A$AP Rocky, and Run the Jewels are very close for the 3rd spot. But as an hip-hop artist myself, Mac Miller was a huge influence on me. Coincidentally the day before he died I had writers block for a track about drug addiction/abuse and overdose for months and the night before he died it just bled out of me, and it's hard to even spit those words in the studio or in front of a crowd. It touches people, for real cause I always dedicate the song to him. RIP Miller, wish I could have met you brotha.

As for og rappers... Anyone that had bars back then obliterates most of hip hop today.

Btw, if I go off the radar again, it's cause I blew up and I won't be returning.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    1. Red Hot Chili Peppers
    2. Katy Perry
    3. Nirvana/Billie Eilish

I've been a fan of Katy for over a decade now (as I'm sure you could tell by my signature and profile). I love her and she is my queen of pop!

Lately, however, my music tastes have shifted slightly as I've entered the last few years of my teenage life. I've moved away from EDM, Hip-hop, and to an extent, pop and I've been listening to Alternative and Rock music a lot more. I re-discovered my love for the Red Hot Chili Peppers a few years ago. My dad was a huge fan of them and so I grew up constantly listening to their music. As I've gotten older, my rebellious teenage spirit has began to appreciate their music more and more. There's something about mellow Rock/Alternative music that is just so captivating and I consider Scar Tissue and Otherside to be two of my favourite songs of all time.

Billie is a musician that I love and I've been a fan of her for the last two years. She has an incredibly beautiful, ghostly voice that's almost hypnotic, if not haunting. I love her more Indie songs as I do her more recent dark, grungy songs. Her public image is also something that intrigues me, she's so edgy and rather boyish despite her soft, feminine voice.

Nirvana is a band that I discovered only a few months ago. I love the name of the band alone, as Nirvana is a wonderful Buddhist concept. Their music is mesmerizing and I have so much respect for Kurt Cobain and his vision. May he rest in peace.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Just three? Really? D:

1. Simple Plan
    2. All Tim Low
    3. Sleeping with Sirens

Honorable mention(s): Linkin Park/Mike Shinoda and My Chemical Romance/Gerard Way.

The first three bands are the ones my heroes are in. So, those were the first ones that popped into my mind. <3 They are bands that have helped me through a lot of tough times, you know?

1. Led Zeppelin
    2. The Smiths
    3. The Beatles

Honorable mentions: The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Roxette. They almost made into the list.

Bon Jovi? Hell to the yeah. <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Hm its hard for me to decide on three favourite bands / solo artists, so I decided I will do my absolute favourite for each genre I mostly listen to? Which is three ^^

1. Kool Savas (German Hip-Hop)
    2. Aesop Rock (American / English Hip Hop)
    3. Sabaton (Metal, Power Metal sub-genre)

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    1. No Doubt/Gwen Stefani
    I'll put these two in the same spot because otherwise Gwen will technically take 1 and 2, but yeah. I adore her and all of her music with No Doubt and solo. She's my absolute ultimate favourite.​
    2. Kylie Minogue
    As far as pure pop stars go, I really can't get enough of her infectious music and personality and everything about her.​
    3. Madonna
    The most powerful woman of recent memory — deserves way more from this generation than she receives. Without her the scope of music almost in its entirety would be very different.​

Honourable mentions: Björk, twenty one pilots, Marina, Florence + the Machine

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • mine changes often depending on my mood and listening style at the moment

3 bands I have loved over the years, still love listening to this day, I'll call them my favorite:
    (all three are death metal)

01 - Nile
    02 - Cannibal Corpse
    03 - Bloodbath

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
    Years
  • Too many!

1. Metallica
    2. Queensryche
    3. Disturbed

Runners-up: Green Day, Aerosmith, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Fleetwood Mac, Smashing Pumpkins, Ozzy Osborne, Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner, Toto, Roxette, etc.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I listen to a ton of Illenium so that's definitely a #1 spot but I listen to so many other artists that I'm not really sure who to put as my #2 and #3. :c

Back