• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do they seem most like?

What do you see them as more?

• Total voters

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
  • Okay, so Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are my favorite legendaries and I want to know: which do you see them as more of, cats or dogs? I know they're not based off of one animal in particular (based off of legends and myths), but people either call them The Legendary Dogs, Legendary Big Cats, or Legendary Beasts. I'm just curious here.

Myself, I see them all as really modified big cats. Suicune as mostly a leopard, Raikou as a tiger, and Entei as a lion (fu lion).

Years
  • Well...I have always been puzzled by the term-legendary dogs.

I would say this:
    Suincune: WOLF (CANINE)
    Entie: LION (FELINE)
    Raikou: TIGER (FELINE)

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
  • .. ok what's up with the moldy tomato option? XD I would find it hilarious if there were walking tomato pokémon<3.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No one can describe what they really are. One looks like a Tiger, One Goat and One has a Lion's face so I voted them as Other Beasts

I voted felines, but I've heard that about Suicune being based on some other beast before and I actually do think Entei is a bit doggy, despite everyone talking about lions. So maybe I should have voted other beasts as well ^^

Sirfetch’d

I would say legendary cats, but that is just because what I have always heard them referred to as, and I haven't really thought any differently. Suicune though does not have that appearance as a cat though, at least imo.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
    Years
  • Entei doesn't look lion-y to me at all. It reminds me of a dog.
    Suicune seems like a number of things, I'd say a mix of unicorn (horn-like thing plus little beard and flowy mane) and a feline.
    Raikou is more like a tiger than anything else, but it barely even looks like that.

Beasts, not dogs or cats.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2013
    I don't think they are strictly cats and dogs. IMO,
    Raikou is a tiger
    Entei is a dog
    and Suicune is some sort of leopard.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The 3 legendary beasts have characteristics of both felines and canines. Raikou and Suicune look more feline, while Entei looks more canine, IMO.

Years
  • Everyone around me as a kid called them 'The Legendary Dogs' so it's hard to remove that image of them.

I'll go with beasts though because they don't seem to all represent just one species between them.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    They are, and will always be, legendary dogs to me. Most of the have feline features though so I don't even know where the term 'legendary dogs' came from u.u

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Yeaaaah....the idea of them being "Legendary Dogs" was so cemented in my mind that when I saw this thread I had to do a double-take. It almost made me scoff out loud until I actually thought about how they look compared to felines and stuff. That's some hardcore programming, Gamefreak! Like others have said, I don't think I could ever disassociate them from that canine image, though.

Back