• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I kept getting this problem

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials Gen 6
---------------------------
Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Section047:393:in `load_bitmap'Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/newStatuses

***Full script:

pbWildBattle(
PBSpecies::DIANCIE,5,1,true,true)
pbSet(12,"A",true)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

#6 BitmapWrappers:271:in `pbBitmap'

#4 UI:66:in `initialize'

#2 Scene:103:in `new'

#2 Scene:103:in `pbLoadUIElements'

#2 Scene:260:in `pbStartBattle'

#1 Battle:62:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2603:in `pbStartBattle'

PField_Field:1015:in `pbWildBattle'

PField_Field:1014:in `pbSceneStandby'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I kept getting this problem
Spoiler:

Could you please put the error report in spoiler tags as requested in that glaring text at the opening post? Thanks. You're missing graphics files, the error message tells you exactly which. Anyway, not my problem, it's up to you whether or not you want to follow all the instructions.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hello Luka. I have a question. So I'm in the process of adding in Elite Battle to my game, and along with that comes converting my previously animated fakemon sprites into this add-on's format. Now I see in the script for the new bitmapwrapper that it says it allows for the setting of custom loop points. I was wondering if you could expand upon what this entails?

For instance for the sprite sheets I'm making right now, I have a set up that looks like - (normal animation, normal animation, normal animation, special animation). And despite the high file sizes, it works just fine. But still, if this looping method allows for custom points for each pokemon, like (normal animation{3 times|, special animation), that would go a long way in helping me cut that down.

Thanks for any info :)

The loop points don't really work like that. For now you can just set the beginning and the end point, and it will loop indefinitely between those two points. Not to mention you'd have to hardcode loop points for each Pokemon species, so I don't know how nice that'd be. I just suggest just using the included converter and converting the GIFs into those formatted sprite sheets.

Anyway, loop points are set by using the .setLoop(start,finish) function. So you'd need to add that to the @bitmap in the DynamicPokemonSprite part of the scripts.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
I updated to the latest version. The balls are ok when the player sends a pokémon (or try to catch), but not from the trainers. I had a look in your code and found this (for trainer sent out):

Code:
      @ballframe=0
      @sprites["pokeball1"]=Sprite.new(@viewport)
      @sprites["pokeball1"].bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeballs")
      @sprites["pokeball1"].src_rect.set(0,@ballframe*40,41,40)

While for player's ball, I see this:

Code:
      @[email protected][0].pokemon.ballused
      @frames=0
      @ballframe=0
      @sprites["pokeball0"]=Sprite.new(@viewport)
      @sprites["pokeball0"].bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeballs")
      @balltype=0 if @balltype*41 >= @sprites["pokeball0"].bitmap.width
      @sprites["pokeball0"].src_rect.set(@balltype*41,@ballframe*40,41,40)

Seems like there is no code to get the ball used by the trainer (something we can define in trainers.txt).

Do you think you can add this at the beginning of a trainer battle?
y4joICq.png

Edit: well since we can see the team size in the battle menu, maybe it's not worth... although it's always cool to see this when a battle starts :p

Thanks.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I updated to the latest version. The balls are ok when the player sends a pokémon (or try to catch), but not from the trainers. I had a look in your code and found this (for trainer sent out)

I forgot to post it, but the fix for this has been up for a while. I wasn't aware that Essentials allowed for custom trainer Pokeballs, since the official games always use just a regular Pokeball for enemy trainer Pokemon. Anyway, updated the Scene to add that. Also, I don't really remember which, but I think I updated two more scripts, so it'd be wise to update the first 6 scripts that are listed in the opening post.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
I found a bug for the evolution screen

All of the sprites are really small because of the 1x1 pixel resolution

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
How can I add the in-battle trainer dialogue?

If you want to add in-battle text for your trainers, turn their speech field (of the trainer event script) into an array of form [end speech,in-battle speech].
The BGM change is completely optional, and you can have in-battle trainer speech without having to change the BGM.
Code:
pbTrainerBattle(trainerid,trainername,["end speech","in-battle speech","BWGymLastPokemon"])

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I was thinking, would there be a way to make the Pokemon positions in the pokemon.txt in a separate file? It would make switching to a different pokemon.txt a whole lot easier. Maybe a positions.txt or something.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 17, 2015
I have a problem. When I want to start the game it says:

Script 'Battle' line 242: SyntaxError occured.

Can anyone help me? I did everything right.

Monty

Jack of All Trades
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find a proper way to download this. It looks great, but your "script collection" link just loads forever and stops for me no matter what browser I use. I've searched through the thread and found the script uploaded onto Google Drive, but aren't there supposed to be resources? Sorry if I'm overlooking something.

korjamer

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
Hey Luka,
I noticed after capturing a shadow pokemon with your script and during a trainer's defeated message
a white outline in the shape of the caught pokemon appears.
http://imgur.com/uMRNinx

Also when a shadow pokemon is in hyper mode the "call" command doesn't show up for me.
I see that you've included what could be a "call" button in your command buttons graphic.
In a trainer battle using a shadow pokemon the "flee" button's function is replaced with
the "call" button but not the graphic. Is this a bug?
During a wild battle using a shadow pokemon the flee button functions as normal
which causes there to be no way of snapping your pokemon out of hyper mode.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Hi Luka SJ,
I have recently downloaded Pokemon Essentials for Gen 6 and tried it out. The default battle system worked out fine, but after I added your Elite Battle System scripts (and following all of your instructions to put the scripts directly above the Main section,) I noticed that the debug version would crash after I launched a wild battle (I have not tested for trainer battles, but I assume the problem can be found there as well.)

This is the error I found when USENEWUI was set to true:
Spoiler:

Even after disabling the UI, I noticed a new problem appearing: the wild Pokemon's sprite would appear, it would say "wild Pidgey appeared", but after the "Go, <Pokemon>!" message, the program would return an error.
This is the error I have found when I set USENEWUI to false:
Spoiler:

I have only edited the other scripts by changing the "def abilityIndex" function in the PokeBattle_Pokemon script by changing the &1 to %3 (for making dream world abilities available in the wild.)

FYI, the Pokemon I was using in my party was an Abra and I could view its sprite perfectly fine in the Pokemon summary menu. I have also re-downloaded Essentials and your script, and I got the same results each time. Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

edit: When I downloaded Pokemon Essentials Gen 6 and the Battlers folder (the latter of which I placed in the Graphics folder), I did not have these files (i.e. the folders "pokeballs" and "newStatuses". If they are required, please let me know how I can get them.)

Last edited:
Years
The "resource Pack" is what you're looking to download off the main page. And yes they are required. Whether or not you use them, the game still has to load the graphics so that's where your issue is stemming from.

To explain this a bit better, these pictures it's failing to load are ones used regardless of the UI (status icons, pokeballs, etc), so it's irrelevant on whether you want the new UI or not.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
I downloaded and installed and it not work correctly... i think trainers not working :( i dont know how to index or something like that :[ someone can help me? :D

btw , i got this error for now:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 9, 2015
Hi Luka S.J, your battle system looks really cool. However, I'm new to Pokecommunity and I am having a hard time downloading this system. Is the "download section" on a different page than the rest of this post? I cannot seem to find what I need to install your battle system.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Idk if this is problem with Gen 6 or EBS or just Essentials, but there is a problem with the backgrounds. When you make a special area (example: a Tropical area) and you make the new battleback and battle bases, it works. Example: I would name it battlebgTropical, enemybaseTropical, playerbaseTropical. That works fine. However, when you try to make the water areas it doesn't work but only for the battleback. Example: battlebgTropicalWater wouldn't work, but enemybaseTropicalWater and playerbaseTropicalWater would.

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
Years
This is hands-down one of the greatest scripts ever made,
I'm kinda bummed out that I can't use it in my game because I have too many (non-animated) custom sprites and it looks weird with them.

I wish I'd known about this script before! Great work mate.

Back