• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's meet up, PC style

Honest

Hi!
Years
This is purely hypothetical, guys! Just saying!

Lets say you had the opportunity to meet people from PC in real life. You know, face to face, taking time to hang out and eat and have fun and such. Would you take it? If so, who'd you like to meet up, and what would you like to do? Or would you rather not, for your own reasons?

Share, guys! I'm really curious as to how the rest of the forum thinks.

Personally, I feel like the answer will vary by seniority. The older members here know each other so much more, and they'd probably like to meet up at least once. I know I would!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'll say the same as I said when you mentioned it on DCC.
I prefer hiding behind the internet, thanks.

>_> Though it would be pretty cool, I still would rather people be oblivious to who I am offline. I also suck at making conversation with people I don't know. It would be beyond awkward for me.

Last edited:

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Ooh! Of course I'd want to meet some PC people! The ones I'd love to see face to face are MidnightShine and gunnerpow7. It would be really awkward at first, considering the fact that we just chat online. But we'll get used to it. Hopefully.

oh and i reaaaally want to know gunner's real name

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
of course. uhh...i'd like to meet hikari10, midnightshine(i want to know thus guy's real name lol),snor(es)lax and finally...liljz1234. god i'm sure i'm forgetting someone. sooooorrryyy to who i forgot! oh and you bloodex. We're muslims lol.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Xulek..i'd like to go to lots of places and have loads of fun with him and annoy people together and any crazy things that would be fun and awesome!

Avishka:she's so cute and i love her company..and one of my coolest friends on here!

Arch-san:he's not around here much but he's a cool funny friend too

ladyshiro and Daichi too ^^

there are lots others but they're not here..i know i punch of crazy people who's hard to stay with and harder to leave em cuz they are that crazy *giggles*

ohh and my new cutie friend Nat we share lots of interests which is good :3

*narrow eyes on PC* i don't have lots of friends on here...it's hard to get a long with people here tbh not sure... i've been here for tew years and i still feel like a new member! *w000t* but who knows?...that's all for now. ^^

Honest

Hi!
Years
Yeah, the fact that most people here converse via text is definitely a barrier, but hey, barriers can be broken!

Personally, and the guys in DCC know this, but I've been contemplating have a meetup in NYC. I'm not exactly sure who'd be able to come, but people like Cirno and Toujie say they can come (well, I'm assuming on Cirno's part), so it'd be pretty neat.

I'd love to meet with anyone from DCC, in all honesty, since those are actually the people who are closest to me. Them, and a few others. =D

As for it being awkward? Honestly, maybe for them. But I'd probably keep babbling and instigating conversation to the point where everyone else bonds over wanting to murder me. Yerp, I'm a happy happy person, hehe!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The only person I'm wanting to meet (and hopefully looking forward to meet this year!) is my pair quilzel. We've been talking about tentative plans about meeting, and it could happen. Hypothetically if it does happen, we'd loiter at the mall in Kansas City and go to the amusement park. That would be fun.

I already met Pinkie-Dawn last month. To be honest, it's not the same talking to him online than in person, so nowadays I prefer seeing him irl than online. lmao

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Oh ya definitely, it would be so awesome. Altough I'm not as talkative in real life than on the internet. It would be fun to see some people that I talk to here often. Meet new people and whatnot. It would be fun! :D

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I would be more likely meeting with users that I've known here for years and talked to them long enough to where I don't think they're hiding anything. Guys like Aerilyn, BH, and even you Bloodex come to mind.

But honestly, I'd rather not meet me people I met online. Just not me.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Yep I'd love to. Jake and I (Hiroshi Sotomura) were planning to meet around late last year to early this year (considering, we don't live that far from one another), but we didn't end up catching up. However, I'm sure in the future, we'll meet up, which will be great.

Years
I would love to meet Rainbow Arcanine and TheFattestSnorlax considering they're in the same part of Australia as me, but they live on the other side of the Sydney Harbour Bridge to me.

Still, I bet TheFattestSnorlax wants to meet me irl too considering how he constantly stalks me on PC. I would love to meet a few other people but they all seem to be on the other side of the world.

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Yes I would too Hikari :3, it's unfortunate though we live on opposite ends of Sydney. ):

But one day, we will and that's a promise :D, I'll take you out for gelato if we do :], you do like gelato right :o? As for me I really would like too :3! Even if it does mean travelling around the world, I think I'd like to meet some of my friends I've bonded with on the server specifically in no particular order, Mid, Ozzy, Golurk,Woohoo,Twi and Jelli definitely :3 and just any of my close PC friends :D, especially House or Gaaaabriel <3, we actually joked about it for a bit haha. Although most of them live on the otherside of the world. :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
ofc! id like to meet up with some close pc friends if possible, such as: rainbow, hika, laugh, gunner and tackle.

seems interesting altho it may be awkward and like "erm, wat we gonna chat bout?", i do believe it'll improve

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
you know what they say: you should never met your idols

It would just bad if I had the chance to meet some PC people as they may not be the same person IRL as they are on PC.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
That would definitely be an experience to remember if it were to happen, I must say. I would love to meet up with all/any of my PC friends, but I personally am not too comfortable meeting up with people I've only talked to from behind two sheets of cyber-connected glass. If we do meet up, there might be that moment when we'll be like:

"..um.....uh...what are we gonna talk about..? *nervous cough + awkward silence*"

I mean, it might be rather nerve-wrecking in my opinion. Don't get me wrong; we might all just *click* together and things would all work out so smoothly as if we were friends right from the start.

Soon, though. Soon! *points to all my PC friends* xD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I might, but I am shy dude, and I am sure the other party is as shy as me, I think that its going to be a definite awkward moment with awkward silence.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
There's a lot of people I'd love to meet from PC but unfortunately a lot of them simply wouldn't be practical, I do however intend to meet François in April which will be amazing ♥ I'd also love to meet Olli and Blade if there's ever some kind of chance to do so but that's not seeming to likely due to country constraints which sucks big time. Also Golurk, Sophie, Jake (with the silly music note idek what he's thinking), House/dkgah, Amy, Lucas (the last two probably would be pretty easy to organise actually!), and basically everyone that I speak to regularly! I won't list everyone but I'm sure they know who they are haha.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
If there was a giant meetup and the entire site was invited, then I'd attend since I'm a lot more comfortable with how I act in person as opposed to online. There are no specific members who I'd seek out, though. Well, there's ONE if she's even still on here, but that'd be it. I'd mainly go for the casual conversation.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
There's a lot of people I'd love to meet from PC but unfortunately a lot of them simply wouldn't be practical, I do however intend to meet François in April which will be amazing ♥ I'd also love to meet Olli and Blade if there's ever some kind of chance to do so but that's not seeming to likely due to country constraints which sucks big time. Also Golurk, Sophie, Jake (with the silly music note idek what he's thinking), House/dkgah, Amy, Lucas (the last two probably would be pretty easy to organise actually!), and basically everyone that I speak to regularly! I won't list everyone but I'm sure they know who they are haha.

Shame you couldn't spare some time to meet a bunch of us back at London MCM Expo, though would've been funny if we bumped into each other!

I've met a lot of people from PC, I knew 2 members beforehand, and I've met 7 members, which is really cool :3 I'd love to meet Ryoutarou, Drummershuff (and Ashley) and Pokejungle someday. I like meeting any members though! It's always been mostly a pleasant experience. I think that'd be really cool. I don't really mind where but I just think it'd be really nice and we'd just pick up conversation well.

Back