• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you found any shinies in 3rd gen?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2015
I was playing a Emerald ROM on my Android Phone - and I came across a shiny Shuppet!

Named her Shine, and I was very surprised considering how hard it is to find them in previous generations... just a shame I can't trade her. I evolved her and she's now in my team.

6i63pc.png

Have you found any 3rd gen shinies recently, or ever for that matter?

Years
I can recall two that i've found in the Generation III games:

One was a shiny Gastly in Firered, which was nice even though the physical/special split wasn't around then. I never got to transfer it to another game though.
Another was a shiny Mawile I found in Emerald way back, in Victory Road while I was training for the league. It's now in my main Platinum version.

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
Back when I had LeafGreen I caught a Shiny Gastly. I had to contain my childish excitement(I was like 12) because it was way after bedtime anyway(Why was I in Lavender Town past my bedtime?). I didn't have any Pokemon friends back then so I never got a Shiny Gengar, though. I lost the game so I never was able to transfer it years later.

Sirfetch’d

My first shiny was in gen 3 actually! It was a shiny Sunkern that I found in Emerald. Nothing special but I love it so much because it was my first :]

Altair1

Willpower
Years
My first was an Electrike at Route 110 on either Ruby or Emerald, it was years back so I don't have the game anymore. A couple of months ago though I ran into a shiny Oddish in the Safari Zone on my Sapphire Version, I ended up catching it and it's in a box now. I do plan to EV train it and transfer it later after I'm done with my other play throughs in Emerald.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In third-gen games, I've encountered only about four to five shinies. One of them was Zigzagoon, which I was able to capture pretty easily. Another was Onix, but couldn't catch it, though, as I didn't have any Poké Balls with me at that time. :(

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I had a Shiny Venomoth in FireRed without realizing. It was when I was a kid and the little glisten that a shiny does was just confusing and I didn't know what it meant until later on :P

Years
Yes! I've found Wurmple that evolved to Dustox, Whismur that became an Exploud, Volbeat, and then a Rattata in my LeafGreen. All random encounters. :3

Years
Damn!
This topic made me want to play Gen 3 again.
Anyway, I played Gen 3 A LOT, so of course I found shinies.
Random encounters, breeding, and even special encounters, like interaction with a Pokemon.
I found shinies in all of the above.

Random encounters: A lot.
Breeding: Swinub (Swinoob), Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Growlithe, and Larvitar.
Special encounters: Snorlax, Zapdos, Groudon, and Rayquaza.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
I'm getting leafgreen next week and oh boy im going to softreset the **** out of it so i'll get a shiny starter. Dunno wich one? Squirtle or bulbasaur?

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
I've found all my shinies in 3rd gen. I've found Poochyena, Swablu, Caterpie, Volbeat, and I found a Tentacool in a FireRed rom a few months ago. Safe to say I know where my shiny luck is. :p

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I can add another shiny to the list now, I just found a blue Ditto in my Emerald as I was collecting the other fossil! xD

Years
4 out of the 6 shiny Pokemon that I've ever encountered in the Pokemon games have actually been in the 3rd generation, though I've only had the opportunity to catch two of them.

Of the two I didn't catch, one was a Paras in the Safari Zone (I didn't deserve to catch it), and the other was a shiny Weedle... in the Pokemon catching tutorial by the old man in Viridian. The two that I did catch both came from Sapphire, and were a shiny Shroomish (now a Breloom), and a shiny Heracross. Both are currently on my HeartGold, though I rarely use them.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
I found a shiny swinub in Icefall Cave that I put on to my Diamond version. Then I restarted it without trading.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
I got a shiny tropius (Emerald). Was the oddest moment of my life. Sadly I started a new game without really caring about it.
That was the only shiny I've gotten.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I remember a shiny Geodude and Oddish in Ruby ^^ never used them though... Didn't want a female Geodude or a grass type on my team. And I reset the game not long after ;;

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Yeah i have found one only one. I forgot what it was.... as i encountered it when i was a kid. But i didn't knew what it was.....

Back