• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ace Attorney

Years
  • How many AA players do we have here? I bought and beat the Trilogy on Switch recently, and just purchased Apollo's Justice, Dual Destinies, and Spirit of Justice recently from the Capcom sale that I'm slowly going through. \o/ what is your favorite char, case, game etc (please mark spoilers for my poor soul)

Cid

Years
  • How many AA players do we have here? I bought and beat the Trilogy on Switch recently, and just purchased Apollo's Justice, Dual Destinies, and Spirit of Justice recently from the Capcom sale that I'm slowly going through. \o/ what is your favorite char, case, game etc (please mark spoilers for my poor soul)
    I've played the original trilogy! I've been meaning to nab Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies, and Spirit of Justice to continue the franchise.

My favorite character is Phoenix Wright, actually. His entire arc, especially in Trials and Tribulations, just captivated me, and he's a fully fleshed out character with how he reacts to situations. Not a lot of protagonists are like that. I also like Dick Gumshoe, Mia Fey, Maya Fey, Pearl Fey, Miles Edgeworth, Godot, Adrian Andrews, Will Powers, and Acro from that one case with the circus.

My favorite cases are the ones where you get to play as Mia, oddly enough. I also like the climactic cases of each of the first three games. My favorite game would have to be Trials and Tribulations.

I hope I get to replay this franchise soon! I wouldn't be opposed to buying the Trilogy on Switch; replaying wonderful games is always nice.

pkmin3033

I have played all of the AA titles that have been localised, including Edgeworth's spinoff, which...was actually pretty good, although it hasn't aged too well with the slow speed text. It might actually be my favourite game for the additional background it gives Edgeworth and Fran, who are my favourite characters. Although I am very fond of the second game, which has the least annoying irrelevant-to-the-plot case...which every damn AA game has to have for some reason >.>

My favourite case...probably the start of the last case in the sixth game, where...

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I am probably the best spirit medium here, also Dahlia is best evil girl!

Years
  • I love Ace Attorney! I'd say Trials and Tribulations is probably my favorite game in the series. I've never actually played AAI-2 or DGS1/2 tho.

FWIW, I ranked the main series cases once upon a time:
    Screen_Shot_2019-05-29_at_6.05.47_PM.png

Years
  • I've played all of them besides DGS2, that being said I wouldn't actually say I'm the biggest AA fan but I do enjoy them. DGS1 was probably my favourite but it was also the most recent one I played so it might just be fresh in my mind. I can't think of what my favourite case is. I will say my favourite 'gimmick' of sorts was the Joint Reasoning from DGS1, compared to some of the other more wacky superpower style gimmicks this one felt really natural and was something I hadn't realised I really wanted from an AA game. I guess favourite character would be Apollo.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    The original trilogy is very nostalgic to me. Replaying the cases brings back many different emotions within me haha

Karbol

Not a Clown but The Entire Circus!
    Years
  • I personally love the AA series! I haven't played Spirit of Justice yet, mostly because of a lack of time. But I really enjoyed all the other games, except the Edgeworth ones I couldn't get to play...

So far, all the police inspectors are my favorite characters! Gumshoe, Ema Skye and Bobby Fulbright are always funny to read and the rare cases that they're actually helping you they get to shine so much I just can't help but love them!

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I've played the AA Trilogy, Apollo Justice and both of the Investigations games. I could never play the 3DS games since I never had amy 3DS and Citra ran in a pretty shitty way in my old PC.

My personal fave is AAI2.It's a shame it was never localized tbh.

I love Bridge to Turnabout and the final case of AAI2 (I forgot the name)

The favorite character spot varies tbh. My favorite protagonist is Phoenix. My favorite detective is Badd from the Investigations spin-offs. My favorite villains are Blaise Debeste from AAI2 and Dahlia Hawthorne (honorable mention to Luke Atmey, tho). My favorite prosecutor is Franziska Von Karma. My favorite defense attorney is Mia. My favorite side witnesses are the two ex-detectives from Rise from the Ashes and Katherine Hall from AAI2. My favorite defendants might be Vera Misham and Adrian Andrews.

Years
    janna!!! how far have you gotten in AJ / DD / SoJ?
    Literally bought the trilogy yesterday. Very high hopes.
    How are you liking it so far?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I only started playing Ace Attorney last week because a friend recommended it to me! I'm very happy I finally gave it a try - so far I've finished the original game minus the bonus case at the end for the DS version? Its been super fun and I'll definitely look into playing the rest of the games within my break. Granted I'm still not the best at deductive reasoning but part of the fun is the challenge I guess. :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I really recommend playing the Dai Ace Attorney games - the games starring Phoenix's ancestor - if you can get them patched. It's really cool! The stories and cases there are really intriguing!

Years
  • janna!!! how far have you gotten in AJ / DD / SoJ?

How are you liking it so far?

lmao still on case one in apollo justice ;_; i liked it though, quite an exciting first case! apollo warmed up to me pretty quickly. i just got a new sim card for the switch so my old one will be moved to the 3DS, and from there i can download the rest of the AA games i got off eShop to play them right after \o/

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I've been watching Let's Plays of them rather than actually playing them but I've really enjoyed what I've seen. I've been watching the Press Buttons and Talk playthrough which has covered the three original games and is currently doing the first Miles Edgeworth game. The stories are all fairly interesting though the last trial of AA: Trials and Tribulations was a bit of a soap opera. XD

Last edited:
    Years
  • ^I really want to experience playing them myself so I'm holding off on LPs lol, but I've done that for a lot of games and watching people play can also be very fun. Glad you're enjoying it! May watch some of the original three games since I have played those, and it would be a nice way to relive the experience 👍

Cid

Years
  • I still miss that one character that they haven't brought back. :'( I hope they release a trailer for Ace Attorney 7, soon! It has to be in the works, right? Said character better be back!!

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Yeah I thought about playing them for myself but I don't make enough money currently to warrant that and I get just as much enjoyment if not more from the Let's Plays. Some of the running gags just really make the series 10x better. But even then the games are solid and fun.

Last edited:
    Back