• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do when you have beaten the champion?

What do you do when you have beaten the champion?

• Play a different pokemon game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play the same pokemon game from the start

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Trade with others to collect all the pokemon

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Just do wifi battles

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Play a different game ( none pokemon)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
Hi,
I completed Pokemon Black 2 again recently and just started thinking, when i finish a pokemon game (if it's the latest i have got) I start again and again until i get a new one, if i have finished a pokemon game and i have a more recent one I play the newest one and so on goes the cycle, but what do you do, and why?

why?
----------
I like Pokemon games and i like just constantly playing in different ways, focusing on power, a certain type or sometimes even collect every pokemon in each area.

So that's me but what do you do and why?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
I don't restart my games unless I transfer all my Pokemon over to another game.

Since D/P/P at the end of the game I'm usually just breeding and shiny hunting. I'll go back through and try to catch some Pokemon I didn't catch before, maybe raise some different ones. I also enjoy the Safari Zone.

After X I have again done a lot of breeding and shiny hunting, going through Battle Maison, Friend Safari, and going through the E4 to raise other Pokemon.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
I pretty much do the same thing Jessie does, I just can''t bear the thought of deleting my beloved little data packets.

@Sotekh the way you play it sounds to me like you would enjoy the challenge forum here on PC, if you haven't already found it. :D

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I'm kinda with Jessie. I try to fill out that regions dex, and then get all of my team members to Lv100, then shiny hunt, then transfer, restart. Each time I play I like to use a different team. In D/P/Pt I've used every starter, and almost every pokemon in the dex to beat the E4. I have a Diamond save that has over 400 hours on it, an LG one thats close to 350, Sapphire is at just over 200. Gen V I never really played. I haven't played VI yet.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
When I beat the Champion of a Pokémon game, I generally do these things:
1) Complete the regional Pokedex
2) Do whatever post game stuff the game offers.
3) Kick the Elite 4's ass again
4) and starting with gen 5, wifi battles

I usually hold off on starting a new file until the next game comes out, so I can save my Pokémon. I'm planning to start over on my Black 2 sometime after the PokeBank comes out. That way I can transfer all the Pokémon I've invested time in and such to Y so I don't lose them (I've got 80 something pokes I wanna transfer, with about 70 of those being EV trained and hungry for battle).

Last edited:

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
Years
After the Champion is when I start competitive battling | Breeding | EV Training | Trading. I feel as though I shouldn't try so hard when I'm playing through the game's story, since all in all, I usually can't obtain my desired competitive team without beating the game first to begin with. I usually try and complete the Pokedex to.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
Well usually I would start to fill up the National Dex. But I can't exactly do that with Y. So instead I did my first play through of both versions, then went and deleted them. Since I don't have my pokemon from past gens yet, I have no feelings of attachment to most of my pokemon. :p But now I'm replaying Y and going to focus on filling up the regional dex. Hopefully pokebank will help me fill up the pokedex a lot easier. xD I miss my old pokes.

Besides the Dex, I also go through the Elite Four several times to get more money and level up my pokemon. Another thing is that I trade online. :3

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
None of those, I never delete mine, I traded my empolean from diamond to Pearl to Platinum to SoulSilver to Black. MY PRECIOUS

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What I usually do after defeating the champion is start putting together a good team for competitive play. This takes a while, as I have to plan it out carefully, breed Pokémon for certain moves and IVs, EV train them, and so on. Once I'm done, I'd immediately jump online and start battling. If I ever end up getting tired of it, I'd hand-over all my valuable Pokémon to one of my friends for safekeeping and restart the game. Some people try completing their PokéDexes once they're done with their game, but me, I don't. To be honest, I find this to be kind of a waste of time. d: Last time I ever tried completing my Dex was about four to five years ago while playing Emerald. I was close, but couldn't get the job quite done—I was missing Feebas and Milotic. Searched everywhere for Feebas, but couldn't find it. A friend of of mine would've given one to me (she had, like, four of them), but unfortunately, she didn't have link-cable, and neither did I.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
After I complete the main story, I immediately start breeding some of my favorite Pokemon to perfection. Eventually I discover how to abuse the game's RNG mechanics and breed enough viable Pokemon for trading purposes. If I have a spare game, I use that to run through the story again using a different team. Both activities are great fun and bring different experiences every time since I never know what exactly I will end up with.

Years
I mainly just explore, I'm always in a hurry so i miss quite a few items here and their. Other than that i do after pokemon league quests, like catch legendary pokemon i didn't have access before defeating the league.

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
like a lot of people i just keep filling out my pokedex and breed for competitive play/shinies. i generally don't restart because i have multiple copies of my games. i only restart if i want to be the other character or change my name.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
After the Elite Four, I do the post-game missions. Once that's over, I set my mind on one goal: to complete the Pokedex. I rarely breed, and I don't care for shinies but I probably would try that in the next game I finish.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
It depends on the game. If I'm using my "Main" game, I try to finish the Pokedex, breed Pokemon and do Wi-Fi battles. On my "Throwaway" game, I trade all my valuable Pokemon and items to another game [Usually my "Main" game] and restart. I got my third Event Torchic this way. One for X, one for Y and one for my new game in Y. I like playing the story over and over again.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
More often than not I go for a different game as soon as I beat the main storyline to a Pokémon game whether it be another version or a wholly different game altogether.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
First, I usually COMPLETELY finish the post-game, by exploring every single crack the game has to offer, then I just train up Pokemon that I would be intrigued to use or, like what I am doing with my Pokemon X right now, do my best to finish the Pokedex, whether Regional or National.

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
I would try to find and catch and trade for every pokemon in the game. Once I get another pokemon game I would trade all my other pokemon over.

Back