• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "Rival TOOL is challenging you to a battle!"

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Just Silver. I made it to match the player character name -- Gold. Although I did name him Kamon in an earlier playthrough.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • My first time playing original gold I had my cousin who was in her teens at the time name him for me, "Wexwert" and I just continued to use that name for all of my rivals unless I'm doing something special.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    I used to just name him ???, because that's what he said his name was xD

One time in '12, I named him Kendall and I still have no idea why...

More recently, I just like to either call him ??? or, adversely, some inappropriate names that would be better not said o.O

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I usually name him the first thing that comes to mind, but on my very first playthrough i went with silver. Some other names i remember giving him are Bobby or Pedro

Years
  • Most of the time I name him after a friend of mine, or after one of my siblings, to really heat up our sibling rivalry. I know for a fact that my younger brother named his rival Nick in GSC before. XD

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    I don't remember what I named him. I probably did name him something rather foul at least once, because, much as I like Silver, he really is probably the most blatantly asinine of the rivals.

I used to just name him ???, because that's what he said his name was xD

I know for a fact that I've done this at least once.

Years
  • Silver because that was his official name and felt right! I used to go with silly names even going as far as naming my rival "Stupid" one time but grew out of that phase and prefer the originals now.. Silver was just too fitting.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • Originally I named him Chad, because it seems like a lot of the time people named Chad are rather mean. (No offense to anyone named Chad, that's not always the case. Well, except if you ARE mean, then totally offense.)

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    I always name my rival after one of my actual friends who I consider to be somewhat of a rival. Named him after my friend Marco in HG.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • I usually named him Silver, just because I thought it would be cool to have Silver officially in the game. He is one of my favorite Dex Holders, after all.

Sometimes though, I strayed and named him "Arse" or something much worse.

Melty~

Deku Princess(?)
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I once named him Poopy when I was a kid. I also named him Butt one time, at about the same age.

I was an immature little stinker.

Now, I name him after the enemy of the character I named my trainer after... (ex. trainer Marth, rival Gharnef)

Years
  • I named him after my brother, like I usually do. He names his rival after me, so it's not like I'm just making him the villain myself, haha. I was tempted to name him Silver, but felt it was a little unoriginal.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I named him ??? after the original versions where he tells you his name is ???.
    Because I'm a mature adult. :'D

I bet you money I wasn't alone in this either.

Nostalgia, man!

Back