• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile New Pokémon Masters Video Reveals Mechanics, Summer Release

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Written by ddrox13!

Thoughts on the trailer and what we learnt so far? I'll give some thoughts of my own after work. :V

Years
  • So far, I'm excited! But my main question that the trailer hasn't answered is exactly how gacha heavy this is. My biggest worry is that really strong trainers like Cynthia, Steven etc are going to be super hard to get unless you shell out a bunch of money for it in which it essentially turns Masters into some sort of p2w game which would be the worst case scenario. @_@

Years
  • Pretty much the one thing that would stop me from trying out this game on release is if you have to pay to get some trainers and Pokemon (I'd like to see how you would get other Pokemon for your main character). If you can unlock everything in the game eventually and to pay it out is just to have the character/Pokemon sooner is fine with me. That system works as long as the company doesn't get greedy. Ideally I'd be rocking out my Azumarill and having some legendary trainers rocking their Special Attack moves. I've been hyped for this game since it was announced, so I really hope this game is worth the wait.

Years
  • Why does this looks like better game more interesting than Sword and Shield?

I'm used to 3 on 3 realtime battles from Yo-kai Watch and inclusion of the trainers in battles sounds great. That's a gimmick I can get behind as I always though it would be great if you could cheer up your Pokémon to give them little boost.

"Z-moves" are fine addition to the mix. I would love to see Megas, but I get why that would be a bad idea.

And I really hope PC will have more Pokémon than just Pikachu.

So the only concern is how greedy will it be. I wish for it to be more like FE: Heroes and less like Pokémon Picross.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • D-FTSp7X4AI_vxi.jpg

hi i'm kory and my husband looks fucking fabulous

...Anyway, I'm really excited for this game. It looks like almost every returning trainer will be in this game, along with new characters, too!

So, this region is the "Pasio Island", huh? I wonder how this region/island differs from other cultures in the Pokémon world? I really hope that this game ends up being worth it since it's RELEASING PRETTY SOON holy crap.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • So far, I'm excited! But my main question that the trailer hasn't answered is exactly how gacha heavy this is. My biggest worry is that really strong trainers like Cynthia, Steven etc are going to be super hard to get unless you shell out a bunch of money for it in which it essentially turns Masters into some sort of p2w game which would be the worst case scenario. @_@
    So I liked it but also agreed here - I want to see more details on how they plan to make money from it!

If they ever go beyond just the main series games, I'd love to have Wes and Miror B. If not then give us some niche characters like Looker with his Croagunk, or villains like Ghetsis and Giovanni!

Years
  • ^ yeah I just hope these games won't go the Pokemon Duel route lol that was awful gacha at its finest because the more money you spent, the higher chances you had of rolling a legend which was...ehhhhh it ruined the fun for me a long time ago

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years

To be honest, I doubt they'll go too far in the P2W route. I believe they said, their mobile games will have lesser play to win elements(or less stuff to pay for in general). Plus, I think this game will be easy to collect stuff in general; it's marketed for kids after all.

But idk, we'll see.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I can't wait to try it! I'm kind of hesitant about the microtransactions, but we'll just have to wait and see.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • This certainly looks intriguing. The decider for me is how Pay to Win the game ends up being. The likes of Cynthia will likely be trickier to get than random Gym Leaders.

Random notes on the trailer:

I've no idea who the two girls with Erika were. Her main Pokemon also seems to be confirmed as Vileplume.
    The main Gen 6 representative in the trailer was Korrina and the Lucario. Perhaps if Z ever happened she would have been Champion.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Ok but Elesa, Sabrina, and Fantina are a dream team!

Anyways, I wasn't overly excited about these games but they look incredible! I'm actually so excited to play them, the concept of three trainers united in battle is exhilarating and brilliant, to say the least! I can't wait to play these games, I just hope they live up to the hype. ^-^

Back