• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] E3 Day Three: Nintendo!

Cid

Years
Trials of Mana! Nintendo won E3 for me with that game alone. That game is like my childhood, man. It's on the same level as them announcing an official English Mother 3 translation worldwide; and I played Seiken Densetsu 3 much younger.

Thank you, Nintendo, for finally giving us overseas that gem of a game. And two versions of it, too! I will absolutely buy a Switch for my 10 year old self who always wanted to play SD3 officially, and now he can with Collection of Mana. High five, 10 year old me.

Early 2020 will bring Trials of Mana the 3D remake as well, and it cannot come any sooner. Freaking awesome, Nintendo and Square-Enix. I love you both.

User Anon 1848

WITCHER 3 FOR THE SWITCH VBEHSDSBFBEfjdbfdjhGWFE;ts;gjrefnrdgjnjrV !!!!!!!!!!

MOTHERFUCKING BANJO FOR SMASH UADgfngjdfjg;kdfjgjdr;kg;redfgbhfghkergb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BASED Nintended fucking stole the show. No contest. Not only did they have the superior exclusives but they didn't waste our fucking time with 20 minutes of talking in between each game showcase. I haven't been this enthused about a console in a LONG time. I got a little emotional seeing Banjo and Kazooie again. If I hadn't had it spoiled for me I might've shed a manly tear.... Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time and my PS4 broke so this is a godsend for me. This strongly suggests that a new version of the Switch is coming given the tole it took on the PS4 to run it. The sooner they announce it, the sooner they can take my money.

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
HOLY BUTTER ON VEGEMITE TOAST!

I went in expecting nothing, and got everything.

BotW Sequel
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! I don't even know how the sequel would work, but man am I glad for continuity in the franchise. I'm totally not blabbering about something else cause short-hair Zelda is my new favourite thing. Honest.

Dragon Quest XI
Haven't played a DQ game since IX, but man this looks good!

Link's Awakening
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Cadence of Hyrule
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

FE: Three Houses
This was my biggest fear; I was expecting some anime intro opening with like a slice-of-life sort of trailer thing (not that such things are necessarily bad, just a lot of franchises can do it much better than Fire Emblem). Instead we got a TIME-SKIP?! I mean, I should've seen it coming, or how else would Byleth date their students? But the story looks a lot more promising now, and I've got my fingers fervently crossed that this isn't just Fates 2.

Witcher 3
SHUT UP AND- Okay, I think you guys get the picture by now. I'm really looking forward to replaying this on the Switch. Maybe I'll finally go the Jennifer route... (Hint: I won't.)

Spyro Trilogy
Totally a given. Really happy we're getting this.

Astral Chain
I didn't even know that this was a thing and I'm still excited for it. It looks pretty good and the combat seems fun take notes, Monolith Soft.

Most of everything else was actually really cool, but these definitely were the highlights for me in the Direct.

Years
Trials of Mana! Nintendo won E3 for me with that game alone. That game is like my childhood, man. It's on the same level as them announcing an official English Mother 3 translation worldwide; and I played Seiken Densetsu 3 much younger.

Thank you, Nintendo, for finally giving us overseas that gem of a game. And two versions of it, too! I will absolutely buy a Switch for my 10 year old self who always wanted to play SD3 officially, and now he can with Collection of Mana. High five, 10 year old me.

Early 2020 will bring Trials of Mana the 3D remake as well, and it cannot come any sooner. Freaking awesome, Nintendo and Square-Enix. I love you both.
I plan on getting Trials of Mana on my ps4 since it isn't a switch exclusive. Though I do think Switch got the collection of mana exclusively, but I'm more interested in the 3d remake.

For the switch port of The Witcher 3, I hope it runs well for you guys who are getting it on the Switch.

Years
5_15603079891526587586.jpg

I love Zelda's haircut

I also love that this sequel is a thing

Years
Animal Crossing news FINALLY. I'm not bothered about the push back since I won't be able to play until August/September 2020 anyway.

Cid

Years
I plan on getting Trials of Mana on my ps4 since it isn't a switch exclusive. Though I do think Switch got the collection of mana exclusively, but I'm more interested in the 3d remake.
Definitely getting both the SNES port of Trials of Mana (official English translation after so long, man; I have to see it with my own eyes) inside Collection of Mana and the 3D remake, so the Switch is essential for me. The 3D remake is going to be available on Steam as well, so you might want to check that out, too.

Years
I'm admittedly not much of a Nintendo fan, but I've been ready for Animal Crossing on the Switch since before it was even called the Switch, so even the little taste of it that we got today was all I needed from the Direct and Treehouse presentations. A shame about the delay, but only 282 more days and then I'll be a happy boy.

Years
I'm admittedly not much of a Nintendo fan, but I've been ready for Animal Crossing on the Switch since before it was even called the Switch, so even the little taste of it that we got today was all I needed from the Direct and Treehouse presentations. A shame about the delay, but only 282 more days and then I'll be a happy boy.

ok humour me

what would your expression be if AC news was skipped yet again

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'm psyched when seeing the 2 Smash DLCs got revealed (The Hero from Dragon Quest, and Banjo-Kazooie), and I think Nintendo make some fine choices on these two. Besides of it, I'm curious on Animal Crossing New Horizons given how soothing it looks. I'm also pumped up at Mario & Sonic's Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. And last but not least, that Bowser mixup is interesting :laugh-squinted:

Years
I'm so excited, especially for the Zelda games, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest, and of course Pokemon. There's so much to look forward to! :D

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
FE: Three Houses
This was my biggest fear; I was expecting some anime intro opening with like a slice-of-life sort of trailer thing (not that such things are necessarily bad, just a lot of franchises can do it much better than Fire Emblem). Instead we got a TIME-SKIP?! I mean, I should've seen it coming, or how else would Byleth date their students? But the story looks a lot more promising now, and I've got my fingers fervently crossed that this isn't just Fates 2.
The trailer makes me think that 3 Houses is going to have a branching paths thing like in Fates, with that "class reunion" (that obviously goes wrong) being the point where you make your choice. Hopefully it'll be done right this time and actually be a tough, emotional decision that continues to remain so, unlike in Fates where it's too black-and-white and you don't spend enough time with the characters prior to the branch of fate and everyone's an idiot.

Cuz if they do get it right this time, then this could be Fire Emblem's best story yet, and by a sizeable margin at that. But we'll have to wait til late July to find out.....

also plz don't do it like Fates where you have to buy the other paths

Last edited:
Years
I better start working on my backlog more, because there's definitely some games from this lineup I'll be wanting to play. Trials of Mana, Astral Chain, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening...at the very least.

Also, in my excitement (I may have been busy yelling) I somehow missed that the Collection of Mana is out now ... that's so tempting to grab.

Back